Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(748 Viewing)  (748) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3226

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 319
:woohoo: I don't normally pay much attention to the afternoon thunderstorms around here but this one is demanding attention. Winds must have hit 40 to 50 knots and the rain was blowing sideways for several minutes. Right now it is coming down pretty hard. Usually I just leave the windows open....boat...it's drip dry and it usually faces into the wind and rain. This storm is hitting from all sides and doing crazy stuff It is coming in windows on both sides of the boat at the same time. I have had to close them on both sides of the boat. :woohoo: Fun and Games!! This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3227

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Same view over the dink, 15 minutes later! This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3228

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Now the sunset view in the same direction. :laugh: If you don't like our weather, wait a minute! :laugh: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I wish I could photograph the wind. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Looks like we're going to be blessed with a little more rain. How can we send this to Texas? :woohoo:

Ten minutes later and we have a steady rain and wind from the southeast at about 20 to 25 knots. Another Beautiful day at Sea, SIR! :silly:
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3347

• okiedowser
  • Treasure Enthusiast
White Feather time for a update....how's the wife coming along,she heal up yet? BOY :woohoo: are you in trouble,when she get well,you know she be reading your post's. :laugh: enjoy you post's keep them coming.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3349

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) My apologies for the lack of updates. It has been hectic for the last few weeks. I have to run right now down to Fort Myers but willl catch up later today.

Sherene is having a lot of problems with the leg. Two broken bones in the lower leg just below the knee that need to heal a bit before they go after the damage to the knee it's self. It may require a knee replacement later if it does not heal straight. She is still in Pensacola at her daughter's and no one is happy. She went to help and has become the one needing help. She has also said she will NOT return to the boat or living on a boat. Major impass at this time because I am not a land dweller. I have not looked into all our options yet but I'll let you know as soon as I figure something out.

Sorry but I have to get going for now. I have to load the dink and transfer everything to the truck and drive to Fort Myers then La Belle to check on a haulout and someplace to stay while I overhaul the boat. If I keep running like this I am going to turn around to quick and run into myself!

Now, I have to ask myself, WWKRD? What Would Kurt Russell Do? As in Overboard, of course! He sure found the answer for Goldie Hawn.

:huh: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3350

• okiedowser
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Our prayer's are with you and your's , seem's like when trouble come's it pours,take care.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3355

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) About the best I can say right now is the at least nobody is shooting at me. :laugh:

I think things will work out for the best. I have no idea of what that is but I'll accept whatever it works out to be. I am definately hauling the boat as soon as I can get her fueled up and down to the work yard. Then i have to run to Texas and be a cowboy again for a while. I promised my brother some help and whatever he needs I'll get-er-done and then get back to the boat. By then it will hopefully be cooler and the boat won't look so big. :laugh: They always seem so much bigger when they are out of the water and you are laying under them with a grinder and paintbrush. :woohoo:

In the morning after the big fish have finished breakfast I'll get into my dive gear and start scraping the bottom again. About once a month keeps it so I can do it in a single day. If I let it go to long it takesa few days and several tanks of air. I'm not kidding anybody, I like working on my boat. Even the dull nasty jobs like repairing the toilets, changing the oil in all four engines and then the truck, sanding the hull and all that related torture thought up during the Crusades. (Okay, I know it was during the Spanish Inquasition but I can't spell that and don't have time to look it up, Okay?) :P

Hey Tom, how about a Spell Check? My mind is slipping like a kid trying to climb a greased pole. :lol:

Okay, Time to run. If you don't hear from me for a few days the big fish were probubly not done breakfast..... :laugh: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3356

• Au_Dreamers
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 3
You should drive or fly to Texas it'll take a real long time if you run!!!

Just came across these , dunno if it's anything you could use...
But they are in New Port Richey and only $800!!

florida.findanyboat.com/boats/boat-cummins-504-motors.html

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3357

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thanks Chris, I'll check it out later today after I get done with the boat bottom. Unlike us early birds some people like to sleep in on their Saturday & Sunday off work days. I can respect that.....don't think it's fair but I respect it. :laugh:

Ya gotta love this job! Full time employment, scraping the boat bottom, painting the hull, fixing anything and everything and not getting paid for it. Actually, you get to pay for the honor and privilage of doing it. :woohoo: But it does have it's fringe bennifits!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3513

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
HELLO FELLA'S AND GALS, I'M BAAAACK!

B) Ahoy Matey's, Well, I finally get back and after an hour of writing I hit the wrong button and lost everything. Bummer!

The past few weeks have been psycotic, lewd, rude and costly but other than that I suppose I'll survive. :laugh: I had a serious skin cancer removed from my back about 10 days ago but the wound is not healing. It refuses to close and bleeds from time to time. I'll have to get back to the doctor if it doesn't start getting better in another few days.

Sherene is doing fairly well but the broken leg is going to be very slow healing because of the osteoperosis problem with bone loss. Bone density is crutial to healing a serious injury like hers but time will be the ingreedient that will help the most. She will not be able to return to the boat because of the possibility of future falls or boat movement causing instability. Those who know us personally already know how unstable we really are anyhow. :laugh: Speaking from a purely physical point of view, of course! :laugh:

So, with that in mind I have rented an apartment in hopes of getting Sherene back here and out of the daughter's place in Pensacola. I chose Bradenton, Florida because of the proximity of the ICW, Marinas and available anchorage and haulout facilities. You didn't think I was giving up the boat did you? What? I'm not as stupid as I look or something like that. The plans to return to hunting treasure and cruising are just moved to another burner in the scheme of things. I may give in to demands at times but I NEVER give up. Now, I have to wait until this wound on my back closes and heals over first. Then I'll get in the water and scrape the barnacle collection off the bottom and move the boat to the anchorage up at Cortez. Then I'll get a slip and unload a bunch of furniture off the boat to use in the apartment along with the freezer and whatever else looks like it could be used ashore. What? Why shouldn't I use the 3 recliners, the freezer, tables and chairs, rugs, lamps and kitchen utensils, pots, pans and dishes ashore? Remember, this isn't a normal little boat. I have three recliners in the living room along with the desk for the computer station, the Treasure Chest that will hopefully get filled and burried before I do and lots of other things. Besides, I have an ultierrior motive... I intend to overhaul the boat and having all this live aboard junk out of my way is awesome! I can even put some of the stuff I can't use in the apartment in storage and have lots of room to work, scrape, paint, sand and generally make a bloody awefull mess and no one will complain of dust getting on HER clothes, dishes, carpets and hair. :woohoo: See? There's a silver lining to every disasterous event. It's just another way to get you to change course so you don't hit a reef and sink. Now I can concentrate on getting some serious work done. Sherene and Atty will be comfortable and snug in the apartment and I can grind, sand, scrape, paint and fiberglass until I can't move if I want. Or, now here's a thought, I could go down to the boat and just sit and play my guitar without listening to someone telling me how much time I am wasting messing with this monster of a boat. Yup, sounds like a plan to me.

I am sitting on the bunk in the wheelhouse watching the sun come up ovet the trees to the east. A bright red ball of fire just barely topping the trees and getting bigger and brighter as the seconds pass. WHY WOULD I GIVE THIS UP? No Sir, I am a waterbaby through and through and in spite of Sherene's injuries this is the life I live. These beautiful calm, clear and awesome mornings, days, afternoons and evenings are what it is all about living aboard. The Treasure hunting, diving, fishing, snorkeling, and travel are all icing on the cake! Holding my hand out at arm's length the sun is about one finger's width above the trees and glittering reflections off the still water as it climbs into the sky. Almost a dead calm but just a slight breeze making very small ripples in the early dawn. Okay, time to grab another coffee and go sit out on the top deck. GOD I LOVE THIS JOB! :woohoo:
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3523

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I just had an offer to put the boat in a marina so someone could rent it as an apartment on the water. The offer was that they would pay the slip rent and give me $400 a month for the dockside use of the boat. Using the boat away from the dock or under power was not to be allowed. This is strictly to be an on the water house. Tied to and hooked to the dock at all times for power and water. I said I would have to come down and start the engines once every one or two weeks to keep them working and limbered up. I have not given an answer yet and said I need a couple of weeks to make a decission because I can not move into my new place until after the first of the month, October. This is a very big boat and would make a very nice dockside live aboard for a family. With two full staterooms, the possible sleeping quarters in the wheelhouse and the awesome size of the living room with two sleeping couches, recliners and even a chest freezer, if I decide to leave it here, would make this a good floating home for even a family for 5 or 6. I have slept 10 aboard when we had to and everyone was comfortable and had a nice bed. Two bathrooms was a little crowded but even cooking was easy with the grill topside and the stove with an oven and also a micorwave.
I think that with the slip rent and 4 or 5 hundred a month for the boat the rent would still be cheaper than a lot of 2 bedroom apartments ashore. On the other hand I will not be able to complete the hull and bottom work, I would not be able to paint, scrape and refit, install carpet and a lot of other work I need to get done. I'll have to think on that offer for a while.
I just had another idea; What if I rented it to someone who would give me one day a week of their time to work on the boat with me? With someone helping me one day a week I could get a lot done and they would get a cheap, depending on the deal made, place to live. Say, suppose they pay the slip rent and give me one day a week of work in lieu of paying rental for the boat? They get a waterfront condo and I get help. I also don't have to pay dockage and for one days work a week they dont have to pay out rent for the boat. The boat would be on anchor anyhow so if they want it in a marina they will pay the dockage. Okay, come up with some other ideas. I don't want to give up on the boat. I want to get it redone and out treasure hunting but money is not as plentiful as I would like. Something like this could give someone a great place to live for less than the smallest of apartment rentals.

Maybe I should just keep the boat on anchor and work on it when I can or, later, put it in a slip and get it going so I can haul out, paint the hull and bottom and get back to treasure hunting, even short trips once in a while over the next year? That beats sitting on land watching others doing the real treasure hunting. Sherene has said she will not return to living on a boat but she has changed her mind many times before. (It's a Woman thing) :laugh: I would sure hate to get someone living aboard and not be able to jump aboard and run out for a few days diving, fishing or treasure hunting at the drop of a dabloon.

Yo-Ho Well, I guess I'm just thinking in out loud and in color here. I suppose having someone living aboard my boat would be more of a hindrance than a help. I think I'll just turn down the offer for now and git-er-done!

ARRRRGH WENCH, WHERE'S ME BLOODY GROG? GROG WENCH, AND BE QUICK ABOUT IT!!! :laugh:
That's what I like, an obediant Wench! Now, about that silly shirt.........
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3536

• gord
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 2
Don't know if I would trust that wench with me grog - looks like she's bin drinkin' out of BOTH of them!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3542

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: That's a fact! The trick is to keep her busy and draw her attention to something else long enough to grab your grog before she catches on to what's happening. That's why I try to get her to deliver Grog topless. I tell her it's healthier for her to let her skin breath in the scent of the Grog as she carries it from one room to another. :laugh: Yup, She bought it! :laugh: Now I have to figure out how to get her into a really short skirt. something that stops just below the belt. :laugh:

No Guys, I'm not going to put that picture in here, Sorry! :woohoo:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3568

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went to the doctor about the wound on my back that is not healing. I got a call to come in next Monday for a C/T Scan and more testing. I don't know what they are looking for so I'll just wait and see what's up. Still, it kind of nags at the back of my mind from time to time during the day.

I took the dink over to the shallows and cleaned the bottom today. Not wanting to get this open wound in the water I used my long handled scrapper and reached under the boat in knee deep water. This tool works better than I could have ever hoped for. I used to use scrappers and short handled gizmos and I tried a garden hoe but that scratched and nicked the gelcoat. This gadget slides across the gelcoat and just pops the barnacles off like nothing you ever saw. They were about an inch thick and I did the entire 14 feet of the dink in about a half hour. It took longer to scrape the engine's lower unit than to do the boat. No nicking or gouging the gelcoat and no hands cut to ribbons from punching the barnacles when the scraper slips. :woohoo: Not one scratch today either doing the dink and no injuries when I pulled and cleaned the last anchor line and anchor. Now I am ready to do the bottom on the big hull as soon as my back heals. If it doesn't heal shut in a few days I'll hire a diver and get the bottom scraped so I can move the boat up to Bradenton. It would run up like it is but I would like to have more manouverability just in case I need it. I moved around the anchorage a bit when I test run the engines today. Man it was great to feel the deck vibrating with the engines humming and wanting to get moving. If I could reach a little farther under the hull I would just scrape what I can reach and just run up the 8 or 10 miles. I may just get a wild hair and do it anyhow. Who knows, I have been known to change my mind more than a woman. :woohoo:

Well, it's time to go throw some kind of roadkill on the grill and make up something for dinner. I have a huge cornbread on the grill right now. It is looking golden brown and just about ready. The taters are real close to being ready so I have to run topside and throw a hunk-o-meat on the fire. That's me, basic cook, meat-taters-bread and sometimes something green or blonde. :laugh: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #3572

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Last evening I ended up throwing some Italian sausage on the grill and had Cornbread, sausage, taters and beans. This morning I was fixing coffee and that huge cornbread was just sitting there so I decided to fry some up with my coffee. Wow! Awesome! Fried cornbread done to a golden crispy perfection with Jamacian coffee. :woohoo:

Okay, time for to go see about a slip up in Bradenton. I'd rather be looking south but if I get a chance to run for a few days during this overhaul I can still run up to Crystal River, Homosassa or several other spots that are not to far away. Getting off the boat for a while may be bennificial to my sanity. Nah, I'm still not right. Probubly never will be but then again, I don't have to put up with me. :laugh:

Check out this cornbread that I cooked on the grill. Just leave it to us guys when cooking calls for invention. How many of you ladies have fixed cornbread, cakes, pies and even a ham and a roast on the grill? We men is the Grillmasters!:laugh: Just teasing ladies, don't get riled. I know you can cook. I had a restaurant for some years and have some cooking time behind a stove and large commercial grill that give me an edge. My last boat had a commercial grill that was 10 feet across and I could cook fish, shrimp, hushpuppies and corn on the cob for 20 people faster than they could eat.

Why am I still hungry? Gotta go! This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 9 months ago #3580

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Dawn, Wednesday. September 21, 2011. Dawn is breaking with scattered clouds, a slight breeze and about 78 degrees. Looks like a pretty good day is in store so far.. I'm sitting topside with my coffee watching the birds get started and waiting for the sun to rise. The water is slightly rippled and very calm with about a 3 MPH breeze. Everything is pretty quiet but I can hear the morning traffic starting to pick up and that noisy heron sitting on my dink looking for fish to swim by. I got some good pictures of him yesterday. He looks a bit older than most of the birds here and he is not affraid of people. He actually sits on the transome of the dink until I get aboard before flying off under severe protest. I think he's claimed the dink as his personal feeding ground and objects to intruders. The outboard has some growth on it and it attracts little fish that make perfect snacks for the bird. I think this bird is called a Blue heron. But don't quote me on that as I am not an expert on birds other than Atty and then only when the wife says I can know something. :laugh:

I have the boat about ready to pull anchor and head out of here. I'm just waiting on conformation of a slip or until I get a spot to anchor. I should be pulling out of here in the next day or two if all goes well. I have two anchors pulled up and stowed away below deck. Only the 60 pound Bruce plow is still down but as long as the weather stays normal it will hold this 15 ton billboard right where it is.

Watching the sky getting brighter all the time. Can't see the sun yet but it is just below the tree line in front of me. A big jet just took off from Sarasota Airport and disrupted the quiet morning. should be just seconds from sunrise.... yup, here comes the sun.

Good Morning, Sunshine!

When he took off he was so close I could have reached out and touched him as he flew by. He has become a regular here every day.

Well, time to get another coffee and get started. :woohoo: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 9 months ago #3581

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 77
Good Morning Whitefeather. Nice pics! That is a Blue Heron. If it's big enough, maybe the GREAT Blue Heron. Enjoy your day. I've got to go over to Les Savege's place and do some gelcoat repairs for him this morning so see ya later.
Aquanut

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 9 months ago #3583

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Good Morning, John! Tell Less that I said Hey. I'm having trouble getting the pictures to load the way I want them and had to re-enter them.It looks like they'll work like this.
See Ya Later,

Featherhead......er White Feather :laugh:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 9 months ago #3584

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 135
Morning White Feather, looks like a perfect start to the day!
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 9 months ago #3589

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 23
I sent you this e-mail, but just in case it doesn't go thru,,,hey-I don't know if this will help you two or not but I know this person from DIVEBUDDY.COM that has moved to your general area, and is also a musician,boater, treasure fiend...I directed him to this site ,,, & told him to contact you..through joining tw.. his moniker is --- loren_sangster---

so if he looks you up -- thats who/what hes talking about..
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate