Welcome, Guest
(81 Viewing)  (81) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2322

• Au_Dreamers
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 3
You're killing me!!!

Have to agree with Joma, no view and no smell of salt water, plus we dropped to a balmy 56o overnight!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2324

• comfortably numb
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
Russell, Where are you guys at now?
"Does anyone know where the love of god goes, When the waves turn the minutes to hours"

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2331

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 316
B) Morning Everyone,

Monday I had to run down to North Fort Myers and get my truck. It looks like we are going to be here a while.
Yesterday we went looking for a backup bilge pump for one of the holds. This boat is compartmentized and has 11 separate sections that each has it's own bilge pump setup. The sections with water pickups or drain thru-hulls have two pumps. I am just making sure that everything is working and has a backup. When we returned to the boat Sherene was feeling a bit queezy. About an hour after returning she got sick and is still not back to normal. Not a good night but at least her blood pressure has dropped a bit and she is feeling much better. :) I worry a lot more than normal when she has problems because of the heart issues and blood pressure problems. But, this morning she has had a cup of coffee and some ice water and has kept it down and looks a lot better. It turned into a long night and she was not a happy boater. Today should be better than last night.

Sarasota! What a great little town. Very clean and a great bunch of people. We drove out to the local beach and were amazed at how beautiful it is. Very wide white sand beach. It was covered with thousands of people running, playing, swimming and dropping little trinkets for as far as you could see. I'll bet 100 people with metal detectors could not cover that beach in a month. It is huge. I did not get any pictures as a cop walked up to me as I was walking towards the beach and said that animals were not allowed on the beach or in the park. Bummer! I told Atty that she could not take me out on the beach and we left.

Sherene just asked if I was fixing breakfast anytime soon so I am going to get started so she can rest a bit. I'll get back to this later.

B)
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2364

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
White Feather I sure do envy you... you are living the dream! I love following along with your posts... about as close as I can get for now! Keep it up and have a safe trip. I think we all look forward to reading what you're doing.... Think I'll fix a rum & coke and dream now....ha ha! :laugh:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2390

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Y'All,
I have been pretty busy getting things ready so we can leave the boat for a few days and go see my Mom. She has taken a bad turn and wants us to come home before she gets so bad that she can not enjoy a visit with us. The cancer is draining her of all her strength and she is losing weight very quickly. We will most likely leave here in the next day or so and drive the 1,000 plus miles up north. After we return we will decide when we are going to resume our travels. Right now everything is on hold.

I'll get back to this shortly and bump it back up when we return. Maybe I'll be able to keep it going on the road trip. Living aboard has some very unique problems that are normal every day happenings when you live in a brick and dirt home but need very creative responses if you live aboard. For instance; the heat out here. At home you just turn down the A/C thermostadt. Here I have to run the generator. Today the heat index is in the low 100's. No breeze out here today. Dead calm and hot sun beating down on the boat. The wife has had multiple heart surgeries and strokes. I have to keep it fairly cool in here. She can take showers but then I have to haul water. The generator drinks fuel like it was Captain Morgan and Coke.

I just had the pumpout boat come alongside to see if there was going to be any problems when we need a pumpout. Well, it seems that the pumpout boat can not reach the pumpout connection and I am going to have to relocate it. It was fine at the marina but this boat's system is differant. Another little glitch in the life of a live aboard. It can wait until we return and the solution is fairly simple. I just need to install a 90degree elbow and an extention to a deck style fitting. No problem... Later!

Okay, time to get off this site and go do some banking and get a few other things done. Just think, you can visit with friends, run to the bank and go shopping without running ashore. :laugh: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2391

• Terry Soloman
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
WF! I just said a little prayer for you, your Mom, your wife annd your boat! I wish you the best. - T

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2392

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 132
White Feather, keep the faith my friend, and safe travels up north. Look at it this way, you are not having to make that journey in February. We will say a prayer for you on your trip, and for your mom as well. Be safe on the road, its less forgiving than the wake of a few bad boaters.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2394

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Safe travels be it land, water or air. Best of luck to you and your family. Hope all goes well for you and that you can get back to the hunt soon. Keep us posted.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2430

• BigDRN
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
White Feather,

You didn't mention where up north you are heading, but you did say a thousand miles or so. Michelle and I are in Pa near Johnstown just about a thousand miles or so from Florida. If your travels bring you guys by this way and you could use a place to hang your hat for a few days or just want to get away from your situation for a break, we would be happy to have you. We're here to supply a listening ear, share a few stories, or help you any way that we can.

The offer stands if you need it.

God bless and we hope that all of your travels are happy ones.

Dave

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2431

• Terry Soloman
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Wow Dave, you and Michelle touched my heart with this beautiful offer to WF! God Bless the two of you! I'm in White Plains, NY, and I hope we can - all - get together at some point. You folks all seem like people I would enjoy spending time with!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 11 months ago #2434

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Dave, Thank You for a most generous and gracious offer. Many have called and offered stopovers and help. Our thanks to you all. We are in Baltimore, MD. We arrived a few hours ago as my wife had trouble with the long ride and could not handle over 400 miles without stopping for the night. We broke the trip into three overnights and will be stopping to see some TreasureWorks friends on the way back.
According to the odometer it was exactly 1,031 miles, beach to door. I messed up and left my computer powerpack for the 120 volt plugin back on the boat and have to sit out in the truck to use the 12 volt plugin to use this laptop. The battery is shot! Oh well, at least it is working. The only problem is the panhandlers coming up and knocking on the window.
I gotta run for now. The trip up was slow but at least uneventful as far as problems go. Hopefully we will still have a boat to return to. I put down 3- 60 pound anchors on a triangle setup with another 80 pounder as a centerweight. That should hold it. I do have a sailboater neighbor keeping an eye on it.

Thanks Again to everyone for the well wishes and offers,
Russ and Sherene
White Feather.
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2493

• Au_Dreamers
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Just had the reverse for us. My wife's grandfather went into the VA about two weeks ago. We made a last minute decision to head to St Pete on the 16th. She's (we've) lost 3 in the last year with one being her Grandmother, the wife of this Grandfather. So we wanted to make sure we got to see him...

All was going well when we got there so ( I blame it on this thread!) we headed over to Ft. Pierce, met up with some old treasure hunting buddies and got the nostalgia going. That and with my "constant nagging" it looks like we might be making the move back to Ft. Pierce!!

As her grandfather said, "once you get sand in your shoes it's hard to leave it."

I can't believe how much the beach has changed...
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Au_Dreamers.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2583

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I will keep this very short. We are in Savannah, GA on our way back to the boat. Much is waiting to be told but we are trying to survive the trip. Today we are stopping to REST as this has been a very hectic two weeks. My power hookup for the computer was left at the boat so I am having to run on batteries and they are very weak.
I will log on with an update in a few days. I have many pictures but the camera's download reader card is also at home. Bummer! I'd forget my butt if it didn't follow me around. :laugh:

Jeff & Dell,
I will be calling sometime today. We are going to be on your side of Florida tomorrow and may stop for a quick visit. I'll talk to you both later today. We want to stop and visit if you are available.

See Y'All Soon,
White Feather This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2584

• Au_Dreamers
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
safe travels White Feather

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2591

• comfortably numb
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
Russell, I'll be here, With a cold beer!
"Does anyone know where the love of god goes, When the waves turn the minutes to hours"

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2597

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Uhoh, Thanks for the reminder comfortably numb. I'll have to run out tomorrow and get some beer for the bird.

Russ & Sherene, we are looking forward to your visit. Dell

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2599

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Atty got up this morning and said, "Argh Wench, Grog!" . I thought he meant coffee but he bit the cup and threw a tater-tot at me. He's getting spoiled I guess.

It's 7:25 and we'll be hitting the road in about a half hour. We're really looking forward to seeing you.

I'll call when we get over to RT 98 Right now we are at Savannah, GA.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2639

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: We're Home! We just dinghied out to the boat in a very strong thunderstorm. We're wet, tired and hungry. I'll get back to this in the morning sometime. Many thanks to Bill & Hildaguard (Sea Gypsy), Jeff and Ellen (Comfortably Numb), John and Debbie (Aquanut), Pete (Salvor6) and Dell & Trudy (Dell Winders) . There were many well wishes and prayers for Mom and we greatly appreciate them all. I'll work on catching this up over the next few days but we still have to run down to Fort Myers to pickup some essential medications for Sherene in the next day or two but 80 miles is just a drop in the bucket after the 2,600 miles we just covered. Happy 4th Everyone!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2640

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 132
Happy 4th of July White Feather, and welcome home to you and yours. There is nothing like getting home after a long journey.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 years 10 months ago #2655

• Terry Soloman
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Glad you made it home safely!
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate