Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(145 Viewing)  (145) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17528

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
Did you get the Mustang done? You been working on that for months.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17529

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 283
B) There hasn't been any rush on the Mustang because the owner doesn't need it done until spring. She has been in constant touch and has told me to take it slow because she has three other vehicles and really needs the parking at her house for now. I have started to pick up a little more time working on it but had to leave early Friday and Saturday due to feeling pretty bad. Today I was at the shop from about 10;30 until about 3. I have just been feeling very run down the past few days. I guess it is just everything that has hit me over the last two weeks. I have been having trouble concentrating and getting much of anything done. Even looking for tools has been a chore. I spent hours looking for a part for the Mercury outboard and ended up going out and buying the part when I know I have one somewhere in the shop. And I am the one who took it off the engine and put it somewhere that it would be safe. Now I just can't remember where that was. bummer! :huh:

Tomorrow the kids go back to school here. I have to go back to taking the grand daughter to school in the mornings. Maybe that will help me get my mind back on track and start getting things done. We'll see.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17530

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, here it is only 2;45 and I am home sitting at the computer. I didn't get to the shop today due to the chemotherapy treatment and information overload that they hit me with along with a trip to the VA and a pharmacy to pick up meds and what are called assistance meds to help keep me able to withstand the treatments. I went in thinking that we were going to do two weeks of treatments and a week off for testing and evaluation. Now I am set up for 8 sessions of two weeks of treatments and a week for blood tests and evaluation of the results. In other words I am set up for the next 24 weeks of treatments. I have been trying to get everything set up the way it is supposed to be so I can hopefully continue what I have to do at the shop and at home. The doctors have stressed the point that I can not miss any appointments or treatments. I was there from 8 to 11 today but was told I won't be that long once we get everything set up the way it is supposed to be. I should be in and out in a half hour or less under normal conditions.

Today I didn't get done with all the running and problems with the VA until about 1;30 so I just headed home. I called one customer to cancel his appointment to drop by the shop and he said the Skyway was closed anyhow and he would drop by tomorrow around 10. There were two accidents on the Skyway. One on each side so that both north and south spans were closed. That's okay, I need a little time to get my mind wrapped around the information overload they hit me with. This could cause a lot of health and work issues. Especially since they decided to put me on this for 6 months rather than a couple of weeks. Now comes the expense of medications and other things I will need to cope with the side effects of the treatments. I have been told a lot about the "possible" effects and some more on the expected side effects. It all sounds pretty complicated when it hits all at once but I am trying to keep going over the information and I am picking other things up each time I go through the information packet. The wife asked about hair loss and I had to tell het it is a very high possibility and most likely. When I was a kid I used to keep it very short because I liked it and it was easy to take care of when I lived and worked in the mountains. It wouldn't bother me because I would rather still be here rather than be gone because I didn't want to lose my hair. It could even grow back after the treatments are discontinued. Nope, I'll just have to remember to get plenty of sunblock for my head. :lol: And another hat. A few sizes smaller than the ones I have now. Do you know how much a nice Stetson runs now? It's insane! I'll get a farmer john straw hat or dig out one of my fishing hats to protect my head from sunburn. :lol: :woohoo: Actually, I don't care about hair loss if it happens. I would much rather be here without the hair than in the ground with it. Know what I mean? You could cut my legs off and call me stubby as long as I can hang around and get out on, in and under the water. :woohoo:

I still have this hat....

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17531

• susieq
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
Good attitude Russ....keep it up!

Is that a covina in the picture?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17532

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Barracuda! Fun and easy to catch even when nothing else is biting. That was in the mangroves on Marathon a few years back. It's time to get back out on the water and do some serious fishing, diving and treasure hunting while I still can. Someone is coming to look at the pontoon boat on Saturday. If it sells I am going to take a few days over the next weekend and go do some fishing with the bass boat back along the mangroves again.

Feeling a little rough and have a very bad backache that is slowing me down. I wanted to get the pontoon boat cleaned up and make sure the engine is running as advertised but after taking the side curtains down I was in no shape to do much of anything. I did manage to get the engine running but it needs plugs or I need to clean the ones in it. It was just idling a little rough at very low idle. I said that which ever boat sells I am throwing a little money into the other one and taking a few days off. I really need a break to help me get my head wrapped aroung this cancer treatments and everything else going on.

I soent the first half of the day running around the VA getting meds lined up and such. It was already noon when I got back to the shop and started on the boat so I had already put in a lot of aggravation dealing with them. Then arguing with the side curtains on the pontoon boat didn't go as planned. I also had to replace the tilt piston on the outboard. Work never ends when you have a boat. Especially a big one. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17533

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) it's Saturday morning and I am at home having a lot of trouble with the effects of yesterdays chemo treatment. Severe muscle and back pain along with being very tired and stressed.

Yesterday I launched the pontoon boat. On the way from the shop to the launch I saw something blow out of the boat. It turned out to be the registration. I also can not find the title nor the title to the trailer. I have a decent offer for the boat but can not accept it until I get the paperwork back where it is supposed to be. Also, having this chemo pull me down like this I have to concentrate on keeping myself moving and able to cope with daily work and problems.

I have also been warned to stay away from anyone who is sick with even the slightest cold or other contagious ailment. What worries me is those stupid people who go to work at restaurants and such when they are sick and they have no consideration of whom they may infect with their illness. Someone who has an immune system compromise is at risk. I'll admit that I never really thought to much about it but when I had my restaurant I always insisted that when one of my people was sick that they stayed home. I enforced that rule but it was more to prevent passing the cold or other ailment on to staff and customers. I never thought of people in my condition. It was just the right thing to do. With this chemo tearing down my immune system I am looking at it in a whole new light. I am also taking blood thinners and other system changing drugs that will help to let the chemicals and drugs work on the cancer. Hopefully, it will be enough to let the treatment get to the cancer short of killing me in the process. It has spread and is going to be hard to work on but I am confident that my doctors at the Florida Cancer Center are the best in the business. I will do as they say and do whatever is necessary.

I am not going to the shop today but I may go down to the marina and sit out on the pontoon boat a while and drop a line in the water and drown some shrimp. :lol: These chest pains worry me a little but I was warned what to watch for and what to expect. It is just hitting me a little harder than I expected but I can deal with it. The wife is taking the brunt of my shortness and irritability mainly because she can't just stay out and leave me alone. My mother always warned her to stay out of the room when I was sick or hurt. I am like a caged lion and will likely bite your head off if you keep coming into the room and asking if I need or want anything. I tell her to just stay away and if I need or want anything I will call you if I can not get up to do it myself. But, she doesn't listen and keeps coming in with stuff I don't want and asking if there is anything I want her to fix me. She heated up a coffee to the temperature of lava and just set it on the desk. Thinking it was still luke warm I picked it up and took a big gulp. Don't ever do that. It burned my mouth and throat and everything in between. If you take someone a cup of anything hot you should at least say "It's hot" before setting it in front of them. I had left a cold cup of coffee sitting on the counter and thought she just picked it up and set it on the desk. Bad move on my part. I had added my powdered protein additive to the coffee. I am only allowed one coffee a day for now so I tried to finish it off. Okay, so it was stupidity on my part to just gulp down a coffee. Still, I can blame it on her. :lol:

I have been sitting around for a few hours and am starting to feel a bit better and up to running to the store for milk and a few other things. Then I think I'll go to the marina and sit out on the boat a little while. It sure beats arguing with the wife and blaming her for everything. :laugh:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17534

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went to the boat and relaxed a little while but felt like I should be doing something. I hauled out the pressure washer and cleaned the carpet and cushions and washed down the anchor where it was covered with the black mud of the marina from when I had to kedge the boat into the slip when I blew away from the pilings and wound up in the middle of the channel. :lol: Then I set up a couple of rods and drowned some shrimp. Basically it was somewhat relaxing when I could get my mind to quit worrying about all the problems that are going on :lol: I feel like something hit me in the back with a hammer and with the chest pains that feel like a pulled muscle. I have pulled a lot of muscles over the years and I don't think this chest and back pain is any more than that. I think the chemicals are contributing to that .

Depending on how I feel I may go to the shop tomorrow but I'll decide that when tomorrow comes. I still need to see if I can find the paperwork on the pontoon boat and trailer. I don't recall registering the trailer but it has been two years and my mind is not remembering things like I should. Maybe I'll just relax and go fishing again. This being sick is no place for sissies.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17535

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Well Russ you accomplished more than me. I went to Wing House to watch the football game. I ate too many wings and drank too many Amber Bock Drafts. So I went home and switched to rum and coke (and fireballs). Now I'm watching the Patriots crush the Huston Texans. I won't rembember a thing tomorrow!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 1 week ago #17536

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Hey, I have some Morgan and other drinking staples at the shop. Remind me whenever you get to the shop and I'll send some home with you and John. I am on this chemo for the next 6 months and I don't drink very much at all anyhow. Maybe a rum and coke every once in a while so there is no reason for me to keep it at the shop except for when you and John come over.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 6 days ago #17537

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Sounds good Russ. I'm due for a trip down south to see John.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 6 days ago #17538

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am having trouble getting this thing to post. I'll post this short blurb and edit it and see if that works.

:woohoo: Okay, that posted. Now let's see if I can just add to it.

Today was another rough day. I worked on the pontoon boat most of the day and finally gave up trying to get the engine to work right. It wants to idle until you try to put it in gear and then it goes off on a plan of it's own. It has all new innards from the stator, power pack, plugs, and a lot of stuff I have just forgot. it was running very nicely when I pulled the boat the last time. Now it is just refusing to co-operate. I have someone coming to run it out on the river and now it is acting up. I am having trouble getting into the engine compartment due to it's location and my inability to get into so small of a space to adjust it and get it running right. I may have to take it to a repair shop if I can not get to it. This chemo is getting on my last nerve. I have tuned up hundreds of engines and now I can't even get to one mounted on my own boat.
Last Edit: 9 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 6 days ago #17539

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter

Photo that would not load will not load again....... One more try and I am done.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 6 days ago #17540

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) This still is not working right. It didn't load a photo and it double posted. Here is the photo I tried to load.

I finally got it to allow me to repost the photo. Still, it is not working right. It takes about 5 minuits to post just a few words and forever if you try to post a photo.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 5 days ago #17549

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today was a bit slow due to the back pain but I did manage to get a few things done. I got one job finished and out of the shop and have another waiting for me to get out of chemo tomorrow so the customer can come by to check out an engine. If that sells I will have enough room to swing a cat by the tail without breaking it's little head off. :lol:

I got home and fixed dinner of flounder, scallops and crab cakes with lobster bisque sauce. There is a lot to be said for having owned a seafood restaurant. I like seafood! :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 4 days ago #17557

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, those needles in the belly are definitely not fun. :S However, if they work on this cancer I'll go get 2 a day.

I put the pontoon boat in the water Sunday and tried to start it up.. It took a lot of work to get it running and I thought it was just from the engine sitting for so long and it just went out of adjustment. Today I pulled the boat out of the water and finally got to the engine. Someone has tampered with the controls cables and shifter adjustments deliberately disabling the engine. There are also leaks in the pontoons again. I think my problems are coming from someone around the area of my shop. The boat has been at the shop ever since I pulled it out of the water the last time. I had several holes drilled in the pontoons and I am sure all of them were sealed and repaired. It sat in the water from Sunday until today. There was some serious water in three compartments. Okay, I don't think I could have missed even one but never three. I am going to have to set my motion sensor video camera up at the shop. The problems I am having are out and out vandalism. I had jacked the boat up clear off the trailer and put water in all of the pontoon compartments and had no leaks. I know I had found and fixed them all. Now I may lose the sale on the boat if I can not get it repaired and running very fast. I will start lifting it off the trailer again tomorrow and see if I can find the new damage. I never make a mistake like this is seeming. The engine was running great and the boat sat in the water for about two weeks without any leaks the last time I had it at the marina. Maybe I will just keep it at the marina instead of taking it back to the shop. Now I am wondering if I have any other boats at the shop that have been damaged. I'll have to check the fuel and engine and repair the pontoons but I can do everything at the marina. I'll just have to haul some of my tools and equipment over here.

Now to add insult to stupidity, the guy that was coming over to buy the vortec has canceled. I have already gave the owner a serious $1,000 payment that will really hurt if I can't cover it in a few days. I went ahead on the word of the buyer that he was coming down today to get it so I gave the Vortec owner the payment because his wife is sick and he is in a hurt for cash. I figured on getting the rest of his money and my money back when the engine was sold the next day. The engine is here on consignment. I won't make any money on it but I wanted to help him out. Meantime I have just caused myself a serious problem by trying to help him. I still owe him $2,300 on the engine and outdrive system. I have everything from the engine to the outdrive including all of the gimbals and power steering and all new exhaust and risers along with all parts and bolts to just drop it in any boat that will handle the 290HP and the weight of a dressed 350 Vortec, Oh well, I'll figure it out and get it together. Some days are diamonds and some days are stupidity on the hoof. Can I blame this on the stupidity drugs the cancer center is pouring into me? :S Please don't tell my wife I pulled this bonehead stunt! :ohmy:

This is the Vortec.

The outdrive with a new 4 blade prop

Last Edit: 9 months 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 4 days ago #17558

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I forgot to mention. Scubasmitty called me a few days ago and said that he has lost internet for some time but calls me once in a while to keep his finger on the pulse of treasureworks and said to say "Hi and Happy New Year to you all". Sorry, with all that has been going on here I just let it slip my mind. My apologies to scubasmitty and you all. Okay, I are idiot but I hope late is better than forgetting it altogether. I get like this when I am under no stress I suppose.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 3 days ago #17559

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ you need a security camera system. You can get them cheap and the cameras are wireless.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 3 days ago #17560

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) It's been a long day. A long hard day. My back is just short of stopping me from even walking. If it gets any worse I am going to be in serious trouble. To much to do and I can not let this stop me. I am taking something like 14 pills, vitamins, additives and whatever else the doctors think will help. I have a strong will and a very high pain tolerance but if the pain keeps increasing I am going to have to figure something out. I know I overdid it today and I expect to hurt for a while until I get settled in and rest a few hours. The pain is not actually in my back but next to the spine a few inches to the right at the bottom of the rib cage and above the hip. I am scheduled to get it x-rayed Friday if it is still bothering me.

I took the grand daughter to school and loaded some tools in the truck so I could work on the pontoon boat over here at the marina instead of dragging it across town to the shop. That worked out pretty good. I managed to get the outboard shifting and running. Now I have to stop the new leaks and all is well again. The cables were destroyed so I just bought new ones. The rest was mostly readjusting everything and getting it to start. It starts on the first hit every time now. Yeah Me! :lol: Tomorrow I an going to fix the leaks and put the boat back in the water and see if it floats and moves. I called the guy that wants to buy it and left a message that I will have to boat repaired tomorrow afternoon.

Next, the guy that backed out on the Vortec called and wants it again. He said he wants to come and get it in a few days. I agreed to hold it until Sunday and if he didn't come for it I was selling it to someone else who made a bid on just the engine without the outdrive and thru hull parts. I need him to show up and cover the thousand dollars I have out on the engine. Someone else offered a non-refundable thousand dollars deposit for me to hold it for two weeks. If this guy doesn't show before I close Sunday I will call the second guy and take the deposit.

I have been working on the pontoon boat in the marina and I had about 8 people ask about it and a couple wanted to make a deal on it. I had to tell them that I have someone waiting for me to get it running so they can come and run it. If they don't buy it I have 4 other numbers to call back so they can come and look it over. I think it will sell as soon as I get it in the water and run it out on the river. After all, I have the only pontoon submarine in the country for now. Tomorrow it will just be a plain old pontoon boat again.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 2 days ago #17561

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 69
Yours isn't the only Pontoon Submersible!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 9 months 3 hours ago #17564

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Fridays chemo took a toll on me that kept me up all night with severe pain and running a fever of 102.3. The only thing I can figure is that I had some kind of reaction to the chemo. When I got home I ate dinner and sat back to watch TV. That was a little after 6. The next thing I knew was waking up to some really bad pain and a high fever at 11:15. I could hardly move and today my muscles in my back and shoulder are so sore that I can't lift anything. I figure it was some kind of muscle spasms or just a plain reaction to the drugs. Today was spent mostly laying around the house.

I went down to the marina to set the boat back in the water but some idiot had parked across the front of the pontoon boat and I could not hook up to it. I waited around the marina for a few hours and finally left a note on the idiots truck thanking him for being so inconsiderate and blocking my boat so I couldn't put it back in the water. With the entire marina free of any other boat that needed to get to the ramp he had plenty of room to park without blocking anyone in. Then, this afternoon the wind picked up and is supposed to blow 20 to 25 for the next two days so I won't be able to launch until Wednesday. The boat is way under powered and I need very light wind to be able to maneuver inside the marina without bouncing off other boats. I should have parked my truck across in front of him and just had the wife pick me up and leave the truck there all weekend. :evil:

The grandson and his girlfriend left for Seattle yesterday. He called the wife from Pensacola to complain that it was a very long and draining drive. The kid still has something like another 2,500 to 3,000 before he gets to Seattle. If he thinks 600 miles was rough he is in for a rude awakening. They even plan on sleeping in the car instead of getting a hotel. I warned him that with the car loaded up so there was no room in the back seat that sleeping in the car with his girlfriend and pitbull was going to be very hard. The dogs place in the car is on the girlfriends lap. He is about 6'3 and 250 pounds, she is 4'10 with a dog on her lap. That makes for one very aggravating and tiring trip. After 6 or 7 days on the road I wonder if they will ever speak again..... My first wife and I went on a road trip when we were first married and slept in our car. That worked in our case because the car was a 59 Chevy Impala and we had both seats empty, no pet and we could stretch out and lie down across the seats, They have bucket seats and a center console with a large stick shifter. They are going to make the entire trip sitting up with a dog climbing all over them to get out. If he doesn't, they are going to find out what it is like to have a large dog smell like he needs to get out. :whistle: That dog is not housebroken. He is the one I made the grandson take home because it kept peeing on our carpets and floor on Christmas. Let's see how he likes being in the car after the dog starts on it. I wonder if the dog will make the trip in one piece? :lol:

I don't think I'll go in to the shop tomorrow either. I am having trouble just keeping my arm up on the keyboard :lol: . The muscles are very sore from last night and I feel pretty ragged out. I have someone coming to pick up an engine on Monday and still have to get the boat in the water and make sure the engine is running and shifting correctly.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate