Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(116 Viewing)  (116) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 days ago #17565

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 64
Well Russ hang in there and I am going to plan on watching the playoff games tomorrow.

Just heard- severe storms headed our way.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Salvor6. Reason: added content
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 16 hours ago #17568

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 239
B) The storms came and went. No damage just a little rain and some serious wind, I couldn't launch the pontoon boat because I wasn't up to it and the wind would have blown it into every boat and dock in the marina. 40 knots plus hit for almost three days but all is well.

My brother is on the way here from his ranch in Texas. He can't stay long because he had to leave his wife to watch and feed the livestock. That's a mighty big job for just one person. He has a lot of cattle and horses that like to eat every morning and evening. I have to get one of the boats going so we can go out fishing while he is here like we used to do up on the Chesapeake Bay.

Scubasmitty called last night and said to let everyone know he is still without internet but just got a smartphone and when he gets as smart as the phone he will try to use it to check treasureworks. I hadn't got to speak with him for a few weeks so we had a lot to catch up on.

The back is giving me a fit that won't quit. Most days I can hardly walk. I have decided to cut my workday in half. I haven't done that ever. I do have to get a lot of this work done but I am just contributing to my pain and loss of strength by overdoing it. I have to slow down while I am on this chemo. Besides, this chemo-brain won't let you think straight and sometimes confuses the bejabbers out of me. I had to think it over when I got to a door with those two little pictures on them. Then I remembered a sign I saw;

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
:evil:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 hours ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 hours ago #17572

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) It seems that even with the stress of working and trying to get the shop emptied out that being at the shop is more relaxing than staying home. It is 9;30 and I am about to go crazy listening to everything going on around here. It may just be this chemo-brain but I am having trouble dealing with anyone right now. I am going to head over to the shop and do something. Even if it's wrong! It sure beats sitting here going crazy trying to get some rest. Someone called about the lower unit I have for sale and wants to look at it tomorrow so I'll just go over to the shop and dig it out and get it ready to show. :S

I put the truck on charge last night and the wife left to run to goodwill to get a couple of throw rugs and some other stuff. Now is my chance to get out of the house so I had best get going. I also have to get the pontoon boat in the water and ready to show.

I talked to a Stage Three Multiple Myeloma survivor this morning and he had a lot of encouraging information. It's one thing to talk to a doctor or nurse but it is a lot better to talk to someone who has actually gone through this and survived. The treatments are long and get painful along with the body trying to fight against both the cancer and the cure.

I am looking forward to getting this behind me and getting back to treasure hunting, diving, snorkeling, fishing and just being on a boat again. When all of this is behind me I am going to start out fresh and restart this thread from that point as a new adventure. It will be a new lease on life and a new start. Maybe I'll take up bear hunting with a knife...... :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #17574

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I have decided that I am going to go gas up the truck and call my brother and see how far upstate he is. Then I may run to the shop or just go down to the marina. :unsure:

He is at mile marker 290 and we are at 224 so he should be here in about 1 1/2 hours. + or - a few months. :lol:
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #17575

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Stan arrived safe and sound. We had a sub for dinner and gabbed until we were both ready to turn in. It is sure great to see him again. I may see about getting a boat in the water and going fishing along the mangroves in a day or two. That is if my back will stop hurting long enough. It has been giving me a real fit today and seems to be hurting even more tonight. I haven't opened the shop other than to feed the shop cats. I didn't even take the truck. I drove the wife's little Toyota so I wouldn't stay and work at the shop. I am going to turn in and get some rest before taking the grand daughter to school in the morning.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #17576

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Stan and I went to the shop and started checking out the Hatteras engines. I had to go to the owner and see when he could get a new battery for the boat so we can try to start the engines. Stan was a Cat Diesel man for many years and is familiar with the 3208's that are in the boat. He told me what we need to do and we will try to get the engines running if at all possible. The generator is shot but the engines may be able to be saved if there is no damage to the lower ends. We'll know more in a day or two when we get the new battery. The wiring is also a major problem. Due to corrosion and electrolysis many of the power cables are toast and need to be replaced. These wires are the size of heavy duty welding cables. Why people let boats sink sitting on a trailer is beyond me. Just pull the plug and let rain water drain out of the boat. Use a little common sense. This boat had no drain and was left to the elements when we got those tropical systems come through here a few months ago. If the battery dies, so does your boat's engines and whatever else is below the water level. Rain water will destroy your engines almost as fast as salt water. It is still WATER! It does not belong in the oil pan or inside the engine anywhere other than the water jacket. Rainwater down the carb will destroy the engine.

I had a fleeting thought today; I asked the owner of the Hatteras if he wanted to sell it and would he be interested in financing it for me when I get through this chemo. He said yes! He said we would talk price and conditions later. :woohoo: Just what I need, another live aboard boat! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #17577

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 61
How many times did the owner of the Hatteras kiss you right before he said YES!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17580

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) My brother and I checked it out today. We will keep our thoughts close to the vest until I figure out what I want to do. Right now I am hurting very badly, had some trouble breathing and came home to lie down and rest. I can't sit here very long because I am in a lot of pain and really need to go lay down and rest. On the way home we stopped at a Long John Silver's seafood restaurant and ordered the fish and shrimp dinner. It came up real fast and we got our drinks and sat down. Then they called us again and said our order was ready. When we said we already had ours they said they could not take it back to the kitchen and just gave us a second order. Now I was feeling pretty bad at this time and didn't feel like arguing so we took the second order and ended up getting to go boxes and took the extra meals home. I am sitting here eating some shrimp.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17582

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I haven't done anything at the shop since about Friday. Not due to Stan being here but the lower back pain has gotten worse and I am trying to stay sitting or laying down and not doing any lifting at all. When we checked out the Hatteras I basically just watched and just handed him a ratchet and socket and a 3/4 inch wrench. I am getting worried whether or not I am going to be up too even going to the doctor's office. I could not get out of bed without extreme pain for the last three days, Even my comfortable chair at the computer desk is painful if I sit here for more than a half hour or so. I am having to use crutches just to get from the recliner to the bathroom and back. Stan has been helping as much as he can and so has Sherene but I can't stand anyone trying to help lift me to my feet due to the severe pain down my back and right side when they try to help me up. Something is wrong. I have another appointment with the cancer center Tuesday morning and I'll see if they can find out if it is related to the cancer or if something else is going on. Meantime, I am going to go lay back down.

Pete, I was going to ask if I could borrow your boat to go out fishing with Stan but this back problem has eliminated that possibility. I think if I tried to go out on a boat like this I would be in very deep trouble.

Stan bought a mess of blue crabs yesterday and fixed steamed crabs for dinner. Awesome! Maybe I hurt myself by eating to many steamed crabs. :lol: I haven't been getting very many photos because I have been having to use both hands to get up, walk, and just move around. I rode over with him and we swung by the shop so Stan could cover one of the jobs with a tarp before the rain hits. I just sat in the car and watched. I looked over at the Hatteras and thought about how nice it would be to be able to use it to live aboard and go out to do some fishing and diving when I get through this chemo. It sure is a beautiful boat.

I am feeling and looking kind of worn out lately. My weight is still dropping slowly but I am eating as much as I can without making myself sick. I finished off about a dozen crabs yesterday along with a couple of burgers and a biscuit and gravy breakfast.

Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17583

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Russ you are welcome to use my boat anytime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17584

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I appreciate that Pete but like I said, for now anyhow, I am not up to even launching a boat much less riding in one. But Thanks Anyhow!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17585

• old man
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 7
Russ, I went through the same problem with my back at the beginning of the week.
( I have bone cancer in my back too. )
My wife went out and got me an electric heating pad at the drug store for about $20. That plus pain pills has taken most of the pain away.
Give it a try, it won't hurt.
Good luck my friend.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17586

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thank You for the suggestion, My Friend. I will pick one up on the way home from my morning treatment shortly. Good Luck with your treatments and I pray for a speedy recovery for you also. I am in such severe pain that I have to get the wife to help me wash up and get dressed. But, that's not all bad. Standing has been thrown back to using crutches and having major back pain just to stand, sit or lie down.

I have got to run, my appointment is in less than an hour. My brother is driving us to the doctor so if you don't hear from me for a few days they may have me locked in a padded room. Even sitting here at the computer is very painful so I am going to cut this short.

Gotta run!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17587

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 96
Hang in their my friend, we are all praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17588

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Hey Old Man, I got our old heating pad out this morning. It was buried way back in the closet. I'll start using it today. I also got an upgrade on the pain medication and that has helped a great deal. I still have to use sticks to walk but I am doing a little better this morning. I also have not gone to the shop in several days and have had to pull all of my for sale adds off craigslist and eBay until I am capable of getting to the shop and carrying things to the post office. My brother offered to help with a bunch of stuff at the shop but I would rather just have a nice visit with him than be laid up with work and having to climb up on boats and junk piles. He managed to teach me some tricks and ideas for working on the diesel engines that will help me get that job done when I get back on my feet. I am a quick learner and can retain most mechanical information. I just hope I can still do that with them pouring all of this chemo poison in my brain. The nurses call it chemo-brain and said it will get back to normal once I am through the sessions. I figure that if they can joke about it and say that this happens with almost all patients that I can pretty much count on getting my head back after they are done scrambling and flip-frying it. If it doesn't come back I probably won't miss it anyhow. :lol: They say the mind is the second thing to go and, luckily, I can't remember what the first was. :lol: :S

Okay, so I am not planning on going to the shop in the next few days unless I start feeling a whole lot better. Last Wednesday was the last working day I went there and I have several people wanting parts and work but it will have to wait. I decided that I need a little break from the shop and working so hard on my endless schedule. This morning's backache is not to bad but I am not going to push it. I usually push myself as long as I can move but I think this is going to be a bit more of a fight so I'll concentrate on dealing more with the health issues and if a customer doesn't agree they can take their job elsewhere. I'll do the best I can under the conditions I am dealing with and they will have to accept that. I have NEVER put my own interests or health issues before getting a customer's job done as long as I could stand but this is a good bit more serious. I guess it just took this serious back pain to convince me to try to slow down a little. That and age trying to catch up with me. I have to get back in shape so I can stay ahead of this age thing. My brother has very serious blood pressure issues and also has stage 2 diabetes to deal with along with being as much overweight as I am underweight. Maybe even more.

I have lost a lot of strength lately also. I picked up my 12 string the other day and had to set it right back down. I never even noticed how heavy it was before. I have had it for 28 years. It is a 1989 Washburn acoustic/electric custom edition which is a dreadnaught and is considerably heavier than a normal acoustic guitar. Also, being in a nice heavy hard case that adds quite a bit more to it. I have 4 guitars and only 1 is light enough for me to sit on the couch and play with. And that one I bought for one of the grandkids that decided she didn't want one after all so I got it back. My electrics are in deep storage for the time being. I quit playing them many years ago and have promised them to one of my nephews who has a band with some friends of his.

With me under the weather like this I am BORED so please forgive the rambling. I'll get back to somewhere near normal when they stop pouring this cancer killer poison into my blood. At least that's what they tell me. :S

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17594

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The cancer center wanted another MRI ASAP and the VA decided that I could wait another week and set one up for the 8th of Feb. I went to the cancer center to let the doctor know that the test was set for next week and he said that was unacceptable and I needed it right now. I went in yesterday and got on the scheduling dept and they set it up for today. Yesterday I had to run to the Bradenton VA to get the blood work done so I could get the MRI today. I have to be at the St Pete VA at 12;00 so I am going to leave here around 10;45 so I can get there a bit early. My brother was going to head home to Texas this morning but decided to hang around to help me get this done so Sherene wouldn't have to run me to the VA and sit around for two or three hours. She has had a very bad night and was having some stomach bleeding and throwing up half of the night. That has got me very worried.

The new pain medication seems to be working pretty well but I still have a lot of sudden pains and muscle spasms that hit very suddenly and without warning. I just have to deal with it and be careful when I am doing something that may make me fall or slip.
Last night I had a rough night but it was still better than a few nights ago. I am worried more about the wife and her stomach bleeding.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17595

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I got the MRI done and am trying to get the pain level down. MRI's aren't normally painful but this one was the exception to the rule. One of the people there tried to help lift me up from the table and I have been in extreme pain ever since. Something is very wrong. That should not have caused this kind of pain. I am going to go lay down and try to get this under control before I have to go to the chemo in the morning.

We did manage to get a couple of photos before dark.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17597

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Clark is up here from Nicaragua. Thanks to TreasureWorks! Joe and I went to see him at his brother's house in Melbourne last weekend. This weekend he is coming over to the west coast to do some scanning for us.

I told him we would take the boat out Sat. to check some water sites and do the land sites on Sunday. Russ can you bring the boat over to your shop today? If not I can pick it up at the marina.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17598

• escondida
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 1
hola White feather, I have been following your chemo. I used to post as Tayopa. As you will recall I was diagosed with terminal neck cancer 17 years ago, buI refused radiation. I find it dificult to see that your Doctors never recomended Medical Hypnotherapy for your pain, just more opiods.Don't sell it short, major operations have been performed with it with no problems

I used it extensively with no problems, It is very easy to induce. It leaves you alert instead of the dopey feelings from conventional drugs.I would suggest that you talk to your medical team on it's use for you.

If I could hack it so can you, get back to your fishing tales.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #17599

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 61
Salvor6 wrote:
Clark is up here from Nicaragua. Thanks to TreasureWorks! Joe and I went to see him at his brother's house in Melbourne last weekend. This weekend he is coming over to the west coast to do some scanning for us.

I told him we would take the boat out Sat. to check some water sites and do the land sites on Sunday. Russ can you bring the boat over to your shop today? If not I can pick it up at the marina.

Get the boat yourself Pete. Haven't you been reading Russel's posts? He's in far too much pain.
Moderators: LobsterPirate