Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(311 Viewing)  (310) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #17600

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 70
OK I will pick it up myself at the marina. Russ I will stop by your house for the key around 9:00 am tomorrow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #17601

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 251
That's good, Pete, I'll be here at the house.

I went for an MRI yesterday and they did more damage than good. One of the people tried to help me up off the table and wound up pulling some shoulder muscles. I just got back from another chemo and have to see about picking up the MRI results and the CD of the scan. My cancer doctor at the Florida Cancer Center wants the report as soon as he can get it. The VA wants to mail it next week. Typical VA crap. I also got a new prescription that the doctor wants me to start today but in typical VA style I will have to wait until the outside script is rewritten as a VA script by my VA doctor. Then they will call it in for delivery sometime early next week. My only other option is to drive to Bay Pines VA and pick it up in person once it is called in.

Okay, I need to get on the VA site and see if my MRI report is completed yet and see when I can pick it up. I don't fancy waiting until next week to find out if I have some other problem or if I just have some muscle damage. One of the meds I am on is capable of causing severe muscle problems and I am hoping that that is all the problem is. If it is just due to a medication I can get that changed and hopefully get the pain to subside until I can get through this chemo.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #17602

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I have not been feeling good the last week. I was running a fever. I went to my Doc and he said I have treasure fever. There is only one cure.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #17603

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Be careful Pete. My white blood count is dangerously low which leaves me open to catching everything out there. I'll have to wear my Lone Ranger mask so I don't catch your Treasure Fever. It could prove fatal with my immune system so low. Next thing you know I might be out diving wrecks and sharing my air with the little fishies. :lol:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #17605

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I've been a kind of couch potato for the last few days trying to let my body attempt to do some repair and recoup some of my strength. Pete stopped by to pick up the gate key so he could get his boat out and down to the launch ramp. I saw him pull up and started getting up and to the door but even with a head start he got to the door ahead of me from 4 times the distance I had to move. This chemo-brain and body sure is a pain. I imagine I am getting a bit worn and frazzled and look like I have aged 20 years in the past few weeks. I know I feel like I have. :unsure:

I am trying to keep up with some of the things I usually do around the house but it is impossible for the time being. I fixed breakfast this morning of an omelet with all sorts of things added to it. Mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, cheese and whatever else I found in the fridge. Being on my feet that long was the longest I have been up in one effort in over a week. I still feel alright except for the persisting backache and muscle ache in my lower right back. Otherwise I suppose I am feeling a little better. I wouldn't have tried fixing anything a few days ago.

I imagine my fridge at the shop is getting pretty rank. I haven't been able to get there in over a week or so. If the power goes off for more than a few hours it won't be a pretty smell that will greet me at the door. The landlord was supposed to repair my overhead doors but he said he would have to wait until I get back on my feet and can open the shop locks. He knows I can't lift the doors except for the one new one that he replaced a few months ago. I can open the new door with one finger but the other three are like lifting about 100 pounds over my head. I just plain can not do that any more.

I'll get back to taking a few photos as soon as I can get back to either working at the shop or at least going over to the shop even if I am just sitting on a bench and watching the ants carry off my snack supply. :lol:

At least I am feeling like I am getting a little better for now. Of coarse laying around the house for the past 8 or 10 days might have helped. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #17608

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, I picked up the report and got it to the doctor's office a little while ago. I read it but can't make to much sense out of it. I usually can figure out these medical terminologies but I think this chemo-brain is interfering with my cyphering. I see words that don't really make sense nor look familiar. I am told that this chemo-brain will make you look, feel and actually be STUPID. :S

Anyhow, I have another chemo on Friday morning and then another run to St. Pete after that. Now I am doing battle with the VA about my Vietnam service. They are trying to tell me that I have to prove that I was in Vietnam and exactly when and where, They say I need to supply them with documentation. This is Ludacris! For the last 50 years I have been fighting different types of cancers. My wife had 6 miscarriages after I returned from 3 tours in Vietnam and I was in the first class action law suit over Agent Orange, Agent White and Agent Blue. I never found out how the case settled because they say my records are no longer in the VA archives because they were destroyed in a fire at a storage facility in St Louis. The unit I was in was dis-banded and absorbed into another unit and the records are no longer available. It's all a bunch of crap designed to make us get frustrated and go away. It took me 5 years to get my wife on my health insurance so she could get treatments and be covered with health insurance. And that was with my marriage license in my hand and her by my side. There was no reason for that except to keep from covering her as long as they could tie it up in red tape and Ludacris demands that took months to get together. Meantime I am sitting here trying to find some old records and such that I have in one of my file boxes. Yes, I do have the proof somewhere and possibly may even have my original orders to report to the unit in Vietnam. I never throw that kind of stuff away. I know I have my orders to report to Fort Rucker for helicopter flight training and helicopter maintenance. I did manage to lose some papers when our sailboat hit something and nearly sunk crossing the Gulf some years back but I know that somewhere in one of the old boxes I think I still have something that will set me in country from 1966 to 1969. I have a lot of photos of me in Saigon and several other sites that are picture proof but documentation is another matter. This idiot said that photos are no proof because of photo shop and such. The pictures and slides I have are on original 35mm film and slides. I don't think they can be photo shopped. I offered to let him dig a piece of shrapnel out of my arm that is still there but he said my wife could have done that too.

Here are a couple of in country photos. I used to be in the pictures but that young guy must have pushed his way into the photo when I turned around. :ohmy: :huh:

I don't understand how some idiot half my age and with absolutely zero tours in combat can get in charge of deciding who gets VA coverage and at what level. The rating that I have is covered under combat injuries and is category 1. That is the highest rating and if I already have confirmed combat related disabilities why do I have to supply documented Vietnam service again for the same period over the same 3 tours to get the VA to get me back on the Agent Orange coverage? Why was I removed from the list in the first place? I was listed in 1970 and that should be sufficiently documented in the VA records and in my ash file that was lost in a fire. Meantime, the beat goes on.....................
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #17609

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I'm sorry about letting three days go by without an update but just sitting at the computer is sometimes draining and very painful. Today has been pretty good but I still need the crutch to walk any distance and lifting anything heavier than a gallon of tea really hurts. I just have to remember not to lift stuff. It is hard to stop doing things that you have done all your life. Asking for help comes pretty hard after working your way back from a damaging situation. My brother was shocked to see me in this condition and even being to the point of needing someone to drive me to chemo and such. But, like I say, Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams! :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #17610

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Russ you need to send a letter to your congressman. Send one to Trump too along with the pictures. Whoever is doing this to you at the VA needs to be fired.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #17611

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I know you're right Pete. I may do that but firing someone in the VA for anything short of murder is nearly impossible. For some reason known only to some smoky shadow somewhere in a dense forest, you can not get someone from the VA fired. Check into it and you will see what I am talking about. I was at the VA yesterday and saw someone mistreating an old vet who was in a wheelchair and wanted to get to another department and the guy helping him was upset because of some reason known only to himself, and he started scolding the man like he was a child with an attitude. Another Vet stepped in before I could get there and called the campus police. My number was called at that point so I didn't get any more information. I did hear someone say that the VA guy should be fired for treating a WW2 vet like that and someone else told us that it was not possible to fire him and he will most likely get off without even a warning. Getting rid of the trash is very involved inside the VA. With all of the abuse and lack of timely treatment at the VA over the past few years and only 1 person was fired.

I have been trying to make out the diagnosis on this MRI. It looks to me like the cancer has centered on the spine and tissue around it causing pain and muscle loss. It is interfering with any movement and bending down to even tie my shoes is getting stupidly painful. Tomorrow will tell. I have to keep out of the report or I'll drive myself crazy second guessing the doctors.

Meantime I have to get into the shop to find my old military files. I hope they were not destroyed in a flood or drought over the past few years. Maybe I left them with the VA and now the records are lost in the system. I have been trying to get a copy of my entire set of files for many years. I keep getting two or three responses to my requests. The first is that they were burned up in a fire at the national storage facility. Second answer is that someone checked my records out and they are most likely setting on someone's desk waiting to be returned to the file room. Once in a while I am told the I requested the files and haven't returned them. I did have a time when I had to hand carry my files to Birmingham once when I had to go there for a surgery when we lived in the Keys but they were left with the clerk when I checked out of the hospital. Maybe that is where they are collecting dust. While I had the files I had the forethought to have them all copied and kept the copy file in case they were ever lost. That is the copy I have in my canvas file bag in storage. Every once in a while I add whatever new paperwork I have to the file. Maybe I should digitally copy all of my records and put them on a flash drive and make a few copies of the files. That way when they say they are lost or burned up I would have a digital file to fall back on.

I would think that having my DD-214 discharge file would be sufficient proof of service. The clerk said it was not enough proof that I was in Vietnam. He said he wants physical proof of boots on the ground and my orders to go to Vietnam. I am beginning to understand going postal on VA issues.

This photo shows my boots on the ground. That is a piece of the rocket that killed my room mate a few hours earlier and our bunker behind me. Without the use of photo shop. This is in the format of 35MM film and is printed off of a slide. Go figure!
I didn't notice it until a little later but where I have that ammo clip in my left flack vest pocket you can see a hole where a chunk of shrapnel hit me in the chest and was embedded in the clip. I sent that clip to my Dad a short time later. I think he still has it at his home.

Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #17612

• escondida
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 1
White Feather, I posted on this before. but it apparently was filed under another sub forum in. here . If you can get your Doc to talk seriously, ask him about using "medical Hypnosis" to control pain. They have used it for major operation with no problems. It really Works. I am surprised that they didn't suggest it to you..

Under this treatment you control the pain without any of the dopey, 1/2 here feelings of the Opiates, Check it out., I have used it many times.

I was in WW II, from 41 on, and Korea, no country club Viet Nam era ,snicker, still the pucker factor remains the same. You were very fortunate

Incidentally The Tucson VA go over backwards to actually help the vet, very niice people,

Tayopa

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #17613

• old man
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 7
Russ, I hope you're feeling better. You should ask your doctor about treating you with
" Provenge ". Some people it cures and some it extends life.
What they do is put you on a table for a few hours and take about a table spoon of white blood cells out of your body and send it to the CDC in Atlanta and infuse it with something. Then they put it back into your system by a blood transfusion.
It didn't cure mine. Mine spread to the rib cage and lower spine, but they told me a year and a half ago that mine is terminal, so I didn't expect any miracles.
Good luck my friend.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17616

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Russ, what's happening?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17617

• escondida
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 1
heck, old man. They told me 18 years ago that my neck cancer was terminal, I guess that ulrimately they will be correct snicker.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by escondida. Reason: typo

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17618

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) A day or two ago food started tasting like gritty cardboard. I have been trying to eat but even as I try to force myself to eat I just get the taste of gritty cardboard that feels like it has some sandpaper and gravel in it. A little bit of breakfast is better than none. Here it is lunch time and I am still eating whatever breakfast. l in it. I think I will just keep trying to eat The wife thinks I am eating out with a heard of naked dancing girls whenever I go out.

The doctors haven't given me a doom and gloom prognosis so maybe I can get back on my feet before they decide I won't make it. :ohmy:

My hands are shaking so bad that when I go to take a drink the glass taps on my teeth. They have upped my scripts and want to do some more tests real soon.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17619

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
We took Clark to an empty lot where there is supposed to be a chest of gold coins. Clark found the spot and it reads "gold". We had no shovels so we decided to come back later. We went there yesterday and guess what we found right over our spot?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17620

• goldfinder33
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 2
:evil: yep look like they going to put a house there and cover it all up.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17621

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Not a house. This is zoned commercial. I think they are going to erect a conveinence store and gas station.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17622

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Pete, you have hit the mother lode. There is more Treasure buried on this property than you could have ever dreamed of finding in your lifetime. It is urgent that you don't let this go..

Call me if I can be of help? I messaged my Phone number. Dell

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17623

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
OK Dell. Maybe we will make a trip back there. Clark's machine was showing just one target.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #17626

• WhiteFeather
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I sold the pontoon boat yesterday. It was hard to watch it being towed out of the shop but I have to clear the shop out and close it down. At least for now I have the money to hire someone to help clear up the work I have in the shop. I want to get everything done and close up. I have a lot of stuff that has to be gotten rid of so I can stop the money flow from going out of the bank. and keep a little for enjoying dinner out once in a while.

Sherene is very ill and has been fighting with her blood pressure and other health issues. She is unable to eat much due to vomiting and her blood pressure is way to high. She has been very sick the past few days.

Dad is coming down Friday or Saturday for a short visit. The wife is trying to do housework and cleaning before they get here. I've been trying to get her to stop all the work because she has blood pressure that id constantly way to high and it is causing some pretty serious memory issues. But, getting her to listen is like trying to get a fish to ride a bicycle. She has her priorities and no one is going to change it.
Moderators: LobsterPirate