Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(118 Viewing)  (118) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 months 3 days ago #17627

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 40
Take care you two...thinking of you and Sherene...M & B..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 4 weeks ago #17636

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 92
Well Russ, what's happening? Give us an update.
My team has not done anything the last two weekends. We're waiting for the water to warm up.
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Salvor6. Reason: added question mark

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 4 weeks ago #17637

• joska1964
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 3
Pete get the boat fixed I will do all the diving with a dry suit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: escondida

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17638

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 267
B) Sorry about not keeping up but this week has been a challenge. Dad and my Step-Mom arrived and we have been running to and from the VA and doctor offices. The wife has had major blood pressure problems and I have been dealing with some pretty heavy pain issues and a lot of tests. I have also been trying to get my files at the VA brought up to date and find out why I had been removed from the Agent Orange list. That just turned out to be a computer glitch that has cost me a bunch over the past many years without my knowing it. I have been running back and forth to the VA all week. I have also started a new chemical cocktail at the cancer center that is supposed to help with some of the problems and get ahead of the cancer.

I went to the shop this morning and tried to do a little work. I did manage to do a "little" work. I have three jobs to finish up and then I'll start getting the shop cleaned out so I can close it. I managed to get the transom job off the ground and start grinding and cutting it where it is rotted and damaged. I could only work for about two and a half hours and had to close up and head for home. I just came in and got on the computer so I can rest a bit here on the couch. That little jaunt has made me tired and hurting. Tomorrow I have another chemo treatment and some more blood work.

I am going to start getting some of the stuff in the shop on eBay and craigslist. I need to get this place off my shoulders and go play when this chemo gets gone. I am going to get the Vortec online along with the drive unit. Then I have to get the diesels started on the Hatteras and some other smaller jobs. I am also going to try to put the first base coat on the Mustang this weekend and start the metal flake and candy finish buildup on it next week after it has a little time to cure. Being a layered job due to my not having a heat source to use to bake it, I have to give it some cure time between coats.

Dad has been working with me and is in better shape than I am. He is in his 90's. The dump truck and another truck were moved from the shop and now I have a good bit of room in front of the doors, I still have quite a few things to move out of my way but it will get done sooner or later. Then I can rest a bit.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17639

• escondida
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 1
$63556@##$@ white feather, why sfufer ? go for rmedical hypnosis at the VA, no pain, no dopey feeling from the Opiods. There is no pain that it can't overcome, it is also a very powerful curitive..

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17642

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Escondida, if nothing is hurting or feeling like something is wrong with it, how would I know to tell the doctors where to look and for what type of pain? Being pain free is nice but if I don't know something is wrong the doctor will not treat the problem. Right now I am having several issues with different kinds of pain in multiple areas. If something is not alerting me to look for a problem in a specific spot it may be overlooked. I do not like pain and it does slow me down but without it I am just fooling myself into thinking that all is well. I do have a very high pain tolerance and even without medications I still tend to let some smaller problems go untreated. That is not a good thing. Sometimes pain levels spike and I know where to get the doctor to look.

Today's chemo is not until 1:30. It is about 12:40 so I have to get going. I'll check in later this evening.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17654

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: Dad and I managed to get some more work out of the shop. That puts me that much closer to closing the shop. I even managed to make a few of those American folding money things. I think I will be able to get still more work finished when I start feeling better. The Vortec engines are both gone and there is a nice big empty space where they were sitting in the middle of the shop. I am not able to do as much work as I need to do but I am grateful to be able to even get off the couch to do minor work.

I am still having a lot of problems with even getting out because I tire very quickly and even a short trip to the shop puts me in rest mode for the rest of the day. Dad is in his 90's and is doing better than I am. I drive to the shop and back and I am worn out but I have to keep going and do what I can before giving up and resting for a few hours.

One thing I have noticed in the past few days that has me thinking that this chemo just might be working is that I used to have many skin cancers and now they have cleared up. I had 11 removed last year and several had come back. A couple of days ago I noticed that they had healed up. At least most have. There were 6 that were recurring and now there are only 2 and even they are much smaller and look like they are healing. I think that the chemo may be working on them as well as the multiple myeloma. At least I hope it is working on them too.

I still have a few jobs at the shop to get finished before closing down. I have the small transom job on a Boston Whaler and getting the engine going or just finding the owner another engine for the boat. Then there is the Hatteras that needs the engines started and tested. Then there is the Mustang to finish painting. The mustang is ready for paint except for a couple very minor spots that need to be finish sanded and then re-assembled. I also have to get a storage unit to put all of my tools and equipment in so I can empty the shop and get out from under the $1000 a month rent. With that gone I can work on a couple of other bills that need to be eliminated. One step at a time! :woohoo:

Sorry about not being on here every day or two but some days I am in no condition to sit and write or even eat . Eating seems to be very hard but I am trying to force myself to keep eating so I can keep my body fed and working. It would be to easy to fall into just laying around and not doing anything. If I let that happen I feel like it would not be a good thing. I hurt when I overdo it but at least I manage to get something done. This morning I went to Shake n Steak and had some pancakes. That was the biggest breakfast I have finished off in weeks. I guess that's a good thing. The body needs fuel to get going and to help fight this cancer.

It's time to get back to whatever it is that I do.........

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17655

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Russ, if I pay $50 for gas would it be possible for Pete, or someone bring the outboard up to me?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17658

• Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 27
tayopa now. , Russ, as I have said it is very selective you can reduce, or eliminate the pain entirely, , or reduce it in one spot while leaving ii normal in the rest of your body. As for using pain as a indicator, that is easily done, without pain as the indicator..
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17659

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I just went to another chemo and the diagnostic from the blood work is very encouraging. The numbers are getting better and the doctor says I am doing better than he thought I would at this point in the treatment. That's good news. Also I am dealing with the pain much better since I remembered to take the pain medication that is prescribed when it is due. It seems that I had forgot to add them to the daily doses that I have in my pill dispenser and went two entire days without any pain medication. We call it chemo brain. I looked at my pills this morning and noticed that the dose was smaller than usual. When I checked the pills against the count in the box I had forgotten to take the slow release pain med and the backup pills for flare ups. After replacing the correct dose I am much better and have even gone to the shop and also went out and bought an enclosed trailer for use at the shop.

Check it out........

Dad and I have been able to spend some time together and are having a great time. It looks like I may get to take him out fishing or just do some things together and have a good time together When we went to the shop and decided where to park the new trailer he decided to do some grass cutting. I felt pretty good since I remembered to get back on the pain killers. I still have the pain but it is at a much lower level and is easy to deal with.

Look at this, 91 years old and still able to keep ahead of me. That is the way those WW2 Veterans are. Dad is a WW2 vet and I am a 3 tour Vietnam Vet. My grandson is in the Marines stationed somewhere in South Carolina. All of the WW2 Veterans are my heroes. They were the greatest generation of warriors that there ever was. I just can not imagine charging into those German machine guns and artillery fire on Omaha Beach or any of the other battles they stood up to and took charge fighting for freedom and the folks back home. Each wave hitting a front that had to be stopped at any cost was absolute heroism . I have to wonder if anyone today could take part in such of an all out win or die trying attack. I was in Vietnam for the 1968 Tet Offensive and we were over run and were shooting back into our own compound but that was nothing compared to charging into the deadliest machine gun fire that was ever on a battlefield. I Salute you One and All! SALUTE!!!

Dell, whenever you want me to head up I will see what I can do. Maybe Dad and I can take a day and run up. I'll see what I can do this week. The engine has been sitting for a couple of months and I want to test run it in my tank before I put it on the boat. Not a problem, my Friend.. I'll do that tomorrow and we can get this show on the road. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. With this chemo doing better and my tolerating the treatments like it is doing I expect that I'll be up very soon.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17666

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ, glad to hear you are doing better. I want to pick up my boat and take it up here so I can work on it. My neighbor has a race car shop nearby and said I can park it there. I can come down there Saturday.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Salvor6. Reason: added date

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17672

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Any time is good, Pete. If I have to go somewhere I will leave the gate key under the cover of the grill under my carport. I don't know what day I will run the outboard up to Dell and Dad was thinking of doing something over the weekend if I am up to it. I should be able if I am doing as good as I am now. The doctor said I will have some good days and some not so good but for the time being I am feeling like I can tolerate the treatments pretty well. Just give me a call when you are heading down and I'll let you know where I am.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17675

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Russ, with much difficulty, I managed to pull the boat out of the water about 3 months ago. It's sitting on the ground in the back yard. I had hoped to get it loaded on the trailer and pull it up by the door to clean and possible paint when the weather got warmer. The backward fall I had two weeks ago really played heck with my bad hip, lower spine, head. and was almost the end of me. I have been bedridden since. I don't know if I will ever be able to use the boat, but I sure want to try. It gives me something to hope for After the fall I didn't eat for two days because I couldn't make it to the kitchen. With pain pills, which I can't get any more,I'm good for about 5 minutes on my feet using a crutch and slow baby steps so I am improving again.

Please let me know before you come up so I can at least comb my hair.
I apologize in advance for the rather messy conditions.of the house and property. I haven't had any one visit me in a year so I look forward to seeing you and meeting your dad. Thank you so much for what you are doing. Dell
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Dell Winders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17676

• Junior Treasure Hunter
???You still have hair Dell ??? youre doing fine then. Mine is getting a litle thin sniff.no more young gals for me, sigh. any gals for that matter.

How are you handleing your dowzing ?? I guess that none of us are Gods gift to womankind sny more.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17677

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Dell, I ran the engine today. It runs great but I am having trouble with the starter. As you know it didn't have electric start so I took the bracket off my 25 and it fit so I converted it to electric start. The starter is not hitting the flywheel correctly every time. It is just a small adjustment that is needed so it won't be a problem. I ran the engine for about a half hour and it ran just fine once it starts. It is just something minor that I will have too do before heading up. Meantime, I have to get a couple of other little problems out of the way before we can head up. I will let you know when. Dad and my step-mom want to go to the strawberry festival so I will work our trip in somewhere during next week. I also still have to pretty it up a bit. I am also going to have to construct a new starter button mount. The engine was not set up for electric start and there is no room set up for the button that doesn't interfere with the power cables and carb. I also added the larger carb to help boost the power and that took up more room. It is all minor stuff and I am happy with how the engine is running once it gets started. I am also leaving the pull starter off. Hand pulling the engine is rather hard and with electric start you won't need it anyhow. You don't need to be pulling on a starter chord. I have the pull starter and will leave it with you but I don't want to have you hurt yourself trying to pull start this thing. Push a button and run it. It will run your little boat really nice without killing you by yanking on the starter cord. Also, don't worry about messy hair or a messy yard or house. If your hair is messy do like I do, wear your hat. :lol: I am not coming up to judge your house. I am coming up to see my friend and see if I can get you out on the lake again. I couldn't care less about the condition of your yard. It is your condition I worry about. I am in my 8th week of chemotherapy and it is taking a toll on my body so I understand about not being able to get the things done around the house that we normally take for granted. Dad and I had to gang up on the wife's golf car just to change a battery. I could not do it by myself and I have handled dozens of them in the past.

Also, is there anything that the boat needs done? Leaks? cracks? Holes? It will need a battery. Do you have one that will hold a charge? Do you have a good fuel tank? Bilge pump? How about the trailer. Does it need work? I'm just asking so I know what to bring in the way of tools and equipment. I wanted to come up and bring the boat and trailer down here to work on it but when this cancer hit I had to stop everything else for a while. I am gaining ground on it for the time being but I still tire easily and am in some serious pain if I push myself to hard. If the trailer and boat need work I can bring my hauling trailer and bring it down here to get it up and running. I can't spend much time up there with the distance we have to travel up and back but if it needs work I can just pick the whole rig up and haul it down here to work on it. Dad is going to be here a couple more weeks and my daughter is heading down with her boyfriend and my grand daughter next week and I will have a little help here if I need it.

I took this picture while I had the engine running in the test tank;

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17678

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Hello Russ, I went to your house to get the key. I noticed your truck was gone so I called your phone. I got a message that said "the number you called is not accepting calls at this time." I looked under your grill. No key. I knocked on the door. No answer. I called Sherene's cell phone. I got this message: "the number you called is disconnected or out of service." The door was unlocked. I cracked it open and called Sherene. No answer. So I drove to the marina. There was a car right in front of me that opened the gate. What luck! I hitched up my boat and drove it to it's new home. Everything went well. Next weekend I'm flying up to Philadelphia to see Old Man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17682

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( So sorry, Pete, I went to the shop and forgot to leave the key. Sherene was asleep and didn't hear you knock. My phone payments were due and I had forgot to pat them so both phones were turned off. I tend to forget that they are both due on the 1st or 2nd of the month and it just didn't dawn on me the they were off. Anyhow, I'm glad that someone was there to let you in. When I realized that they were off I went to Walmart and paid the Straight Talk and got them turned back on. Then I called your phone and had to leave a message that I had forgotten to get my phone cards and I was on the way home. A big mess-up on my part all around. They call it "Chemo-Brain" at the cancer center and said that sometimes it clears up when they stop dumping drugs into my body. Anyone who has undergone chemo treatments will tell you that the brain kind of goes it's own way and sometimes just takes some time off for rest and adjustments that kind of put you in "La-La" land.

We went to Waffle House for breakfast this morning and I managed to put away an entire breakfast. I haven't done that in a long time. Still, supper is sitting next to me and I have only been able to take a few little bites. At breakfast Dad was carrying on with a bunch of kids. He had a clown nose and was making the kids and even their parents laugh and have a great time. A lot of fun was had by all. Winding kids up and getting them going before returning control of them to their parents is always fun.

Anyway, here are a few photos of our morning. After breakfast we went to the flea market and tried to buy everything they had. A fun day all the way around.

Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17683

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
No problem Russ. Everything worked out well. Glad to see you had a good time with your Dad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #17685

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Russ, You can take your time with the Outboard.. I am bedridden again and the pain has been unbearable when I try to get up. I can't get Pain medication any more so the situation seems hopeless. I'll PM my latest phone number if you wish to reach me. Dell

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #17686

• Junior Treasure Hunter
Dell. why can't you get pain medication ?
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by 1767. Reason: gramical eror
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate