Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(222 Viewing)  (222) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #17688

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 224
B) The answer to the pain medication question is that in Florida you now have to go to a pain management clinic to get any narcotic medications. Your family doctor can not prescribe heavy medications in the amount and strength that are sometimes needed for long term treatment of severe pain. This new law is becoming a real pain in it's self because you have to add another doctor and follow up visits can be expensive. My wife has to attend the same sort of "jump through the hoop" to get her recurring back pain and her surgical pain from having several back surgeries. She also has to get spinal injections every 3 months to help with some of the headaches caused by her spine being weakened and having nerve damage when they operated and put two support plates in her back a few years ago. I also have to get pretty heavy pain medications at present and often run out a few days to a week before they will renew my scripts. Probably due to me taking them to close together and running out. I just went to the VA yesterday to renew several scripts but the heavy drugs I am on are not due until Friday so I have to go back to pick them up on Friday. Most of my other medications were filled yesterday but the heavy pain killers are on hold even though the VA does not fall under state laws you have to wait until the computer says they can be dispensed. With my pain level constantly changing I tend to take them to close together. As the pain level drops I can take them with more and more time between doses. I can't share meds with any one including the wife due to them constantly short ordering them. When I run out I get into serious pain levels that keep me from getting out of the house.

I worked on the wife's golf car yesterday and got it running again. It has been sitting for a couple of months due to the controller having a problem with shifting. I did get it going but went down to the golf cart repair center and bought a new one any way. If it goes up again I will install the new one. Meantime it can sit on the shelf.

Next is install a new radio in her car. It has not worked since I bought the car several months back. She lets me know she doesn't have a radio every time she gets in my truck. If I don't get it replaced I'll have to sit in her back seat and play my guitar. :lol: Maybe that will shut her up? Ya Think? :evil:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #17690

Now you see another vaiue of Medical Hypnosis, you always have it and in just the amounts you need, plus no further doctor expense.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Don Jose de La Mancha.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #17692

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The wife and I are going to go to Bush Gardens tomorrow with the kids, grand kids and family. Today is just a rest day so we will be up to doing the walking we will be doing at the theme park.

Got to run and have breakfast. The little woman is calling already.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #17694

Dell, post no. 7690 t6 also applies to you.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17696

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I got up this morning and felt really good. Very little pain in the back and I am still eating pretty good. I even took the car polisher and cleaned some overspray off the wife's car and drove it to get it waxed. I am doing pretty well as of this morning. Next, Dad and I are going to run to the shop to pick up a small tractor battery to put in the golf car to power the new radio and hook it to a solar charger to keep it hot. That way if the wife forgets to turn the radio off when she parks it the batteries will not go dead like they did last year.

We went to Bush Gardens yesterday and my daughter rented a scooter for me. I had my walker so the wife and I took turns riding the scooter and walker. I did very well and do not have any problems today. I even took the polisher to the wife's car and knocked some of the overspray off and took it to a car wash to get it waxed. It really looks good.

My daughter, Christine and her boyfriend Dan in the background.

All day long I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being followed.

Yeah, I have lost more weight. This morning I am down to 155. I started eating really good a day or two ago so I expect to start adding some weight real soon. If I don't I will have to wear my weight belt just to go outside if there is a breeze. That's not so good so I have to pick up the pace and keep more junk food in my pockets to munch on during the day.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17697

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) This afternoon my Ex, my daughter Christine, her boyfriend Dan and my beautiful Grand Daughter Stephanie, my Dad, my Step-mother, my pretty Wife Sherene and myself went to Anna Marie Oyster House for dinner. My Daughter treated us all to dinner and it was awesome. I finally got some nice photos of them because my grand daughter has a much better camera that can take low light photos. I'll post a few later but for now I am feeling really good and have started eating again the past three days. This evening was no exception. I really put some food away. On the scale this morning I weighed in at a crazy low of 155 pounds. I had been around 222 to 235 for the last 30 years but the cancer and chemo treatments have done a real number on my apatite and my ability to eat at all. The family came down for a visit and to go to Bush Gardens. They all had to get the same week off to be able to get here at the same time. That must have really taken some serious planning and sacrifice. Anyhow, dinner this evening was the best I have had in a very long time. My daughter treated us all to dinner and I took real good care of our hostess with a very good tip. A great time was had by us all.

For tonight I am sitting here stuffed to the gills for a change. Most days I am lucky to be able to eat even an egg with a small amount of grits or oatmeal if I could eat at all. The past three days I am feeling a lot better. I hope this is a permanent thing. I start another session tomorrow so I'll see pretty soon what this next series of shots will do.

My wife Sherene and I

This is me, my grand daughter Stephanie and my step-mom Jean.

This was my grand daughter's answer when I asked if she wanted to try my Tuna Sashimi. The pretty lady on the right is my daughter, Christine.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17699

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 58
Russ I am glad you are feeling better. I see TreasureWorks is well represented. If you go to the shipwreck thread and see my post you will see that I represented TreasureWorks too!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17700

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am finally starting to feel better and I am eating again. Dad and Jean took us to the Golden Corral for dinner this evening and I managed to eat my share of steak, potatoes and all sorts of goodies. When we got home I also have been picking at all sorts of candy, cookies and the like. Maybe the worst is behind me but I still have 5 more chemo sessions. Each session is 3 weeks long. 5 sessions comes out to 15 weeks. Two weeks of chemo shots twice a week and a week off between to recover and be tested like last week. If the numbers stay on the course they are doing now I have a very good chance to put this into remission and we will just have to watch that it doesn't come back and get another hold on me before we catch it. Early detection is the key to living with this Multiple Myeloma and keeping it in remission from what I am told. Anyhow, I will be giving it my best shot at surviving this again.

Dad and Jean will be heading home to Baltimore tomorrow morning. It was great to be able to spend the time with my Dad. When this chemo is over I will be heading up to Baltimore and over to West Virginia to see family and down to Alabama to see Sherene's family and then Texas to see my brother before heading back here. 15 weeks is a long time so I'll have some time to work on getting things in order and get all the work in the shop finished and close the shop.

I have to get a prop for the Bass boat and finish a few things that it needs. Today Dad and I installed a new compressor in the paint shop so I can use my professional air-bleeder paint guns. The little one I had just would not keep up when I had to spray more than a small area before it started to fall behind. The new system will have no trouble keeping up with my constant bleed spray guns.. I also have to do some bodywork on my truck. It has been hit at Public's parking lot three times.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17701

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Dad and Jean just left to head home. We are looking forward to getting back to normal. We have had company for over a month. We love the family and I really enjoyed Dad being here and seeing Chris, Stephanie, Dan and Merle but we have been used to doing what we want. The wife wanted her kitchen back. She has her own way of doing things and two women in a kitchen seldom has a happy ending. This visit ended early enough that both women are still speaking to each other but friction was getting intense. Jean has her way of cooking and working around the kitchen and Sherene felt that she was being pushed out of her own territory. Jean is a very good cook and I grew up with her cooking. She has some really good meals that she does her own way and thinks Sherene should do something the way she does it and Sherene wants to do it her way. Friction.....Friction,,,, :unsure: Danger, Danger.....two women wanting to do the same thing their own way!!! :lol: I don't know how it was resolved but they got through it and no one was injured. :lol: At least that is a good thing. :)

I had my step mother take a picture of Dad and I just before they got in the car to leave but I forgot to put my Vietnam Veteran hat on. Dad and I both wore our WW2 and Vietnam Veteran hats. It got a lot of attention with Father and Son both being combat veterans. It would have been awesome if my son and grandson were here to complete 4 generations of military service, My grandfather was also a Navy veteran but that was between WW! and WW2. He died way back in 1966 a week after my son was born. Still, that would be 5 generations. The wife's brothers are all military veterans.

It is very cold here today. At least it is very cold for southwest Florida. 45 degrees isn't cold if you are in the north but down here 45 is bone chilling cold. My grand daughter and daughter both said that getting back to West Virginia was a weather shock. They had just gotten used to the heat here last week and then it is head back to the frozen north. All of them got sunburned over the past few days they were here. Even Dan, my daughter's boyfriend, said he got sunburned and when the freezing cold hit him it was like walking into a freezer right out of a shower. :lol:

I have to get back to work on some of the jobs I have to get done. The Hatteras, the Boston Whaler, the Mustang and then start emptying the shop so I can close it down and move everything to a simple storage unit.

Got to run, the wife is calling.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17703

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:) The wife brought a meatball sub home for lunch. I got that done in short order. I am working on trying to gain some weight and eating is getting easier every day. We'll see how that goes because I still have about 20 more chemo shots over the next 15 weeks I expect that some may be intense like a few were over the past 9 weeks.

Dell, how have you been feeling? I have the engine running really good and will bring it up once you are feeling up to it or when the weather warms up again. Just let me know whenever you start getting better. I can still run up and get the Whaler and get everything sealed up, mount the engine and bring it up to you. Just let me know when you want me to do it.

I just went outside and it is still cold. I don't need to get sick so I am just sitting here in front of the TV and computer. Tomorrow I go to another chemo injection and now they have added another drug that has to be given by I.V. and it takes a little over a half hour. Luckily that one is only once a month. I told them I would get it every day if it would cure me and cure me of the cancer.

Oh well, I guess I'll get going.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17704

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 38
Thinking of you ,Russ...

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17705

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: Okay, another chemo this morning and my results are slowly improving. At least that's the doctor's opinion and I like the results I am reading on my blood reports. I am feeling pretty good but the doctor says I could still have some setbacks and numbers that get out of line from time to time. Meantime I will keep doing what the doctors say and try to keep improving a little at a time. They expect me to have some ups and downs and I think I will keep getting a little better as time goes on. :woohoo:

I went to the shop after chemo this morning and just did a few little cleaning and started putting a few things away that were blocking the walkway and such. No heavy lifting or heavy cleaning, just a little light work that needed to get done. I also gathered up a few things to work on the Bass Boat with and some other little projects around the house and other projects I am trying to get done. I was only there about 3 1/2 hours and a lot of that was just sitting around considering what needed to get done.

Dad and Jean arrived home this afternoon. They left here yesterday morning and spent the night in North Carolina. Pretty good for someone in his 90's. I hope I get to my 90's and have as much energy and stamina as he has. It was a great visit and I am looking forward to heading up there after my chemo is over around the end of June.

Look at that hair. Actually, I just have it glued on for now. :lol: Nah, it is really not falling out for some reason. Even my doctor has asked what I have been doing special. I told him absolutely nothing. I am in my 4th session and have had no real bad reactions. Just a few little reactions and mostly they dealt with standard reactions that almost all chemo patients go through. Next week I will be at the half way point of my treatments. They will end around the end of June. I am planning on having the Bass boat ready to take up to Dad's so we can go fishing out on the Chesapeake and some other places we used to fish and go camping. I am looking forward to getting back to do some visiting and fishing and a whole lot of other things I have been missing since I left up there and began traveling over twenty years ago. I left on my travels in October of 1985. Since then I have only gotten back for short visits. I would like to spend a few weeks instead of a few days.

Okay, back to watching whatever is on the idiot tube.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17714

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: We have a really nice day today. It is supposed to get up into the mid to upper 70's. I have decided to load up some fishing gear and a couple of my detectors and get out to do some fun stuff. :woohoo: I feel pretty good this morning and am going to take advantage of a nice day and feeling good.

The wife wants me to take her to breakfast before I head out so I have to get off this pooter and get shaved and ready to go real quick. Everything with the chemo and doctor appointments is under control and I am going to take advantage of it.

Okay, the wife is pushing me to get ready and out the door. No rest for the chemo-patient! :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #17716

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am feeling pretty good the last few days and worked at the shop for 8 hours sanding and slinging paint on the Mustang. I have a solid basecoat on it and can now start working on layering the undercoating to candy this puppy. It is a long drawn out system but there is no other way to get the candy effect. It has to have the base and several layers of white, silver and gold under the transparent coats of color and flake. A long and involved technique that will require many layers of transparent color and flakes. This is just the start of much more work.

I am happy with the way my day went yesterday. I put in a full work day and still feel pretty good. The chemo must be working and the other drugs that are supposed to cut down on the reactions must also be working extremely well. Anyhow, I am heading for the shop as soon as it warms up a little.

Here are a few photos of the first coat of paint. Normally I would have started with the basecoat of silver, gold and white but these new paints do not work the way the old lacquers and such did. It calls for completely new techniques and procedures to get the effect of candy paint. Complicated and expensive! Anyhow, here are a few shots of the start of the paint work. Next I have to start adding the highlights and shadows and then start covering it up with transparent layers of paint and clear mixed with flake and color. Lots more work ahead.

Oh well, It's time to get to the shop and start sanding and adding the highlights and shadows. This is going to be a long tiring procedure. If I screw it up now it will be a disaster that will get very expensive real quick. Each layer has to go on perfect from this point on. Each layer is critical and has to go perfectly without any mistakes or runs. Nervous? Nah, I'll just cover the car with real candy coating like is on candy apples and hope it doesn't rain...... ever. :lol: :woohoo:
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #17717

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today was not what I had planned. I got to the shop and decided to do some work on that transom job instead of working on the mustang. I figured to let the paint cure for another day or two. I pulled the boat in front of the shop and uncovered it and began doing in the mud daubers and hornets, I made a board the thickness that will be the best to work with and clamped it together and left it to dry. Then I went to West Marine to use a $10 certificate that I had in my wallet for several months. It helped me get some fishing lures and tackle that I wouldn't have bought other than I was in the store anyhow. That is their plan, get you in to cash a voucher and maybe you will buy something else. Yup, it works! I spent money like I had it. :lol:

I worked on the boat for a couple of hours and decided to call it a day when I started hurting. I have to watch how hard I push myself yet. One wrong move and I could be back on crutches or bedrest. Otherwise, I am doing much better and feeling pretty good.

Tomorrow is another chemo day so I'll get to the shop early. The chemo is at 1;00 so I can get some work done before I have the treatment.

For now I am just taking one day at a time and looking forward to getting this chemo and the treatment center behind me so I can gat back to treasure hunting when I get the shop closed.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 5 days ago #17718

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 58
Russ glad to hear you are doing better. You need to get that Mustang done and get rid of it. It's taking up one bay by itself, right? That will lower your rent and get some income from the completed job.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17719

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Ahoy Pete, actually the Mustang is taking up two bays because I have it in catty corner so I can walk around it and be able to spray it from the side. Straight in there is not enough room to walk around it. The shop bays are a bit close on the sides. My health condition has been dictating when and if I can work for several months. The last three months I have been in chemo and I ain't getting any younger. I have the base ready to start getting it ready for the flake and candy effect. These new paints are a bear to work with when you have to do flake AND candy. Each one is a major effect on it's own but when you have one that has to be translucent with flake and the candy effect it is super critical that everything is done perfectly before the next stage is started. I prefer the old lacquer paints but they have been outlawed and these new paints don't work the way the good old lacquer's did. Maybe you will get a chance to check it out. I have these seats for John and he was asking if you could drop them off to him the next time you run down to his place.

I went to the shop today but didn't get much done. The cancer center had my chemo set for 1:00 and it takes about 1 1/2 hours for all of the testing , shots and I.V.'s that they are giving me. Usually I am in good condition for a while but sometimes I am to run down to go back to work.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17720

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( On the way to the shop my truck's shifter went out. Imagine a tank without any way to back off of anyone you happen to run over. That is what my truck is like. One gear, forward. I managed to get it to the shop and started looking for the problem. I was really looking for an easy fix and hoping that the shifter cable came loose. Nah, nothing so simple. The shifter base in the steering Colum has two little bolts at the base and one had come loose and the other one broke the base off. With that in mind I knew that the next step was to pull the entire steering Colum out and replace the shifter shaft. I managed to get a new shaft from the Ford dealer. They gave me one and sold me one for the truck for $55.00. Then they said they could install it for between $500 and $600 or there about because the labor book calls for 4 to 6 hours labor to install the shaft. Not having that kind of cash to throw down the shaft I started taking the truck steering wheel apart. I worked on it for about an hour and was hurting so bad that I called the wife to come and take me home and I'll have a go at it again tomorrow. I also need to get a steering wheel puller tomorrow morning on the way to the shop.

Before this all happened I had gone by the marina to take the bass boat to the shop to work on it. When I pulled up next to it I noticed that the seats were missing along with several other items. I had been ripped off again. The seats cost about $250 for this one but the other seat was the folding plastic with the cushions molded to it. I don't remember what that one cost but it came from West Marine and I can price it later. I had some others but they were badly damaged from the sun and weather and I threw them out. I hate thieves! I am going to post a reward and see if one of this guys buddies will sell him out for a few bucks. I'll post a $100 reward for the seats and say that I'll double it to $200 if the thief is turned in with the seats. That might get a response.

This is one of the seats that was stolen.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17721

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 2
Russ

A couple of weeks ago I replaced the whole steering column in my F250 the lower bearing was shot u-pick it salvage yard charges $43 for the whole column $73 with the wheel included it takes about a hour and a half to change. I tried to look at the lower bearing in the old one and it wasn't worth the labor. Check for the Upick it parts near you it will save yourself some headache.

www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_U-Pick-192/

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17722

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Thanks Roger, I'll check into it if it looks like I am going to have to replace more than the shaft. I already bought it and have the steering torn down about half way. I think we do have a u-pick salvage yard around here someplace. I may just get one anyhow and put it back. This truck is a bear to turn in close quarters and I have some kind of noise coming from the lower end. It just may be the lower bearing. For now I have to watch how much strain I am going to put on my body doing any of this. Tomorrow will tell what I am doing. If it looks like I should change the entire steering colum I will just do it that way. Thanks for the heads up and reminding me about the U-Pick yard.

Update; I pulled up your yard and it gave me the location of one 8 miles from here. I'll check on what they want on my way to the shop tomorrow. Thanks Again!
Moderators: LobsterPirate