| 
Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(116 Viewing)  (116) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #17795

• Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 16
Russ, as for me thanks for your explanation. I continued to fly after th war as an AG pilot. In order to pass the exam |I was required to learn about Insecticides, Herbicides and Defoliants, none of which are safe.All that I can say in weak defense of the military is that sometimes they accept casualties on both sides of the questions and decide on the one that appears to have the least no.of casualties

Were the casualties by defoliating less than if they had let the Cog have cover for supplies and close in attackint or ????? You , of course didn;t enter into the equation

In Mexico I saw handlers of Parathion working with their bare hands and a bandana aound theeir nose and mouth, of course you know hoaow they ended.

I still think that you should at least talk to your doctor about Medical Self hynpnoiis. For example, now if Ihvave a muscle cramp I merely hee to ouch the uscle are to instantly remove the pain and relax the muscle system of that area.

Believe me that was a God send while healing my broken neck. flying boo bo :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #17796

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 239
B) The way the VA deals with us is to delay and ignore us until we either die and go away or we get well and go away. That way they don't have to deal with us. As for any kind of defense of what they did I feel there is none. The military as well as the chemical companies knew that those chemicals were very deadly. Not only on constant exposure but even in the short term results with even a minor exposure it can come back and cause all sorts of deadly problems. I have been in the agent orange system since 1970. When I returned from Vietnam my wife began having miscarriages one after another. It was attributed to dioxin that was in my system. Prior to going to Vietnam we had two very healthy kids. After I returned we could not have any more. We tried for a couple of years until after her 7th miscarriage that nearly killed her and we decided to stop trying. The doctor told us that another miscarriage could kill her. I was tested and confirmed that I had dioxin in my tissue. Dioxins can lay dormant for many years in fatty tissues and can be triggered by stress or a lot of other triggers. It is also so dangerous that even being exposed to it after the aircraft that carried and sprayed it was cleaned and flown back stateside was still dangerous. Get it on your boots and reach down to take your boots off it would be absorbed through your hands and feet. There is no cure for this stuff. It will come back to do exactly what it is doing to me and it can be any number of years before it rears up to kill. It has also been linked to all sorts of other ailments and the list is still growing. How many will be and have been killed by agent orange? It has been over 50 years and it is still killing us. The Cong put up their guns 45 years ago and stopped killing us then. Not so the dioxin. I'll bet that the dioxin death toll is way above the entire casualty list of the entire conflict. Think about it, who would have any idea of that list? I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned there is no comparison of the Viet-Cong and dioxin. Dioxin has killed more people than Charlie did. And it is still killing us. And we did this to ourselves through the introduction of chemistry.

One of my views of Vietnam.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #17797

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, this morning I hooked up to the new boat and headed out for the shop. About a half mile from the marina gate the tires on the right side started smoking. I pulled into the median and when I checked it out I found out that someone had stood on the fender and bent it down against the tires, The fender was cutting the tires so I just got out a crowbar and lifted the fender off the tires and went on my way. I kept the speed down for a mile or so and then decided that it was okay and ran to the shop. I checked the title and the name of the boat is a Seagoing junk pile, not really, just joking, it is a 1973 Seabreez. Right, I have been working on boats for over 50 years and have never heard the name before. That's not to say that it isn't a good boat. I just don't know yet. I'll do a little research on the brand and see what I come up with. It is a nice tri-hull and seems solid. I will have to sound the hull and deck but I think it will make a nice fishing boat. The sides are high like the old tri-hulls of the70's. Being from the 70's it should be built pretty solid. Back then the builders tended to overkill on the fiberglass because that was the method of the day. It was not known what the breaking point or the stress load they could handle so the boats of the 70's tended to be overbuilt to the point of being very strong and heavy. This one is heavy. So I would assume that it will also be pretty strong. I will check it out in a few days. For now I am working on the Mustang paint.

I took a couple of large PVC pipes to test some paint ideas on. I put the red base I want to use and a little clear to see what the effect will be when I work on the car's paint. I am trying to get a metal flake and candy out of this modern paint but don't want to experiment on the car. If I mess up the PVC I can just sand it off and do it again. The car is another expensive matter. One screw up on that and I am out several hundred dollars in the blink of an eye. The owner came by and really liked the color on the car but I need to get the effect that I want. Making it look candied is very tricky with these new paints. The old paints are no longer available and the new ones won't work the same way.

Here are the two PVC pipes I am going to play with before painting the car. Yeah, I seem to have a little overspray on my truck. Oh well, it needs painting anyhow. :lol:

I spent the entire day working at the shop and still feel pretty good. I have another chemo in the morning and then I'll head over to the shop to start messing around with some ideas for the Mustang paint. I'll have to see how that goes on the PVC and decide what I am going to do on the car. I used these paints several years ago but I have found out that even in the past few years the paints have been changed again. Before messing up the car I want to mess with the PVC. What I want to do on the Mustang will require some very special effects. There is no room for error or mistakes of any kind.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17799

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Todays chemo hit me pretty hard a few hours after I left the clinic. I had to run to the VA to pick up some scripts and turn in some paperwork for the agent orange program. They are making me do their job and the legwork when they have computer access to my records. I still have to get the information and run it to them or the other VA clinic in Bradenton. Neither of which seems to get much of anything done. I have been told that my records were burned up in a St Louis fire to someone checked them out and hasn't returned them from years ago and they must be sitting on someone's desk waiting to be returned to the records department. Anything to stall or make me do their work of pulling my records. If I can find this stuff and information then I know they have it at their fingertips. It just irritates me that they keep drawing this out and I have to do their job. Needless to say, the more I had to listen to them and stand around waiting to see the pharmacist and then wait another hour while the scripts were made up was not very convenient and was really getting on my nerves. The chemo had me already short tempered, irritable and feeling like I was about to pass out. I went to the restaurant and had something to eat and when I got back I still had a half hour wait. By the time I headed home I felt really bad and just came in and lay down. I still haven't gotten up to eat and it is now 1:45 A.M. I still have a horrendous headache and my body feels like it has been rolled down a rocky slope and landed upside down. Everything hurts or is just plain sore. I have trouble thinking and concentrating so I am going to get off this thing and try to go back to sleep. It's like the song said, "Some days are diamonds, some days are stone." This is one of the stone days that landed on me. :sick:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17800

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am feeling rather worn out this morning so I am staying home until I feel a bit better. I may go over about 10 or 11 if I feel up to it but we'll see. For now I am having some breakfast and resting. :unsure:
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17801

• Treasure Enthusiast
Russ I feeel for you, but remember my motto, " this too shall oass "

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17802

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 64
Well I hope it doesn't oass tomorrow.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17803

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today was a sit around and rest day. I left the house once to run to the market to get the wife some Excedrin and put some gas in the truck for my trip to the VA in the morning. I have another exam and test tomorrow at Bay Pines at 9 A.M. so I gassed up this afternoon. I am feeling much better after a nice half-quiet day at home. The wife fixed fried pork chops, sweet potatoes and green beans for dinner and I finally felt like eating again. The chemo kind of hit me a little hard but I think it has passed and now I can get back to getting off the couch and do something. Tomorrow......... :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17804

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 64
WhiteFeather wrote:
B) I can get back to getting off the couch and do something. Tomorrow......... :lol:

Great Russ. Just don't let that oass get to you. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17805

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Yeah, I think that oass kind of snuck around once already :sick: :lol: :pinch:

I'm feeling pretty good this evening so I think the effects have subsided for now. My next chemo is Friday morning and then a week off. The second week is always a mean series of shots and I.V,'s. They tend to hit pretty hard but only effect me for a day or two. ......... or three! :S As long as they keep subsiding I can deal with them. I hope they get milder as we get nearer the end of my treatments. June is still 9 or 10 weeks away and that means I still have between 25 and 30 shots and IV treatments. Not to get to gross I would like that second Tuesday shot to go to someone else if I could. It tends to give the old hot seat a whole new meaning. :lol: :ohmy: :whistle: :woohoo: The second Friday shot tends to knock me back for a day or two most of the time but I have the entire week to recover. The way I have been recovering lately seems to be getting a bit easier. They adjust my chemo according to my blood test results and they have been improving slowly but steadily the past few weeks. The shots that used to knock me down for two or three days are now only bothering me for a day or less. The first week of each session seems to go almost un-noticed. Last Tuesday my blood work had 4 out of 5 numbers going the right way and only one that backed up but even that one was only by two points. Nearly nothing. I expect the numbers to go up and down as long as they go the right way most of the time. Which, by the way, they have all been doing all along with very little movement in the wrong direction. I have either been getting used to the effects or they are getting less invasive because I am feeling better sooner after each session with less pain killers and less problems. Today I could have gone to the shop for a half day but just decided to take the day off and rest. I think it was the right decision. I feel really good tonight. Maybe I can deal with the VA tomorrow without getting belligerent or abusive when I have to deal with them. :lol: Maybe....

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17806

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:) I wonder how long it will be until I can get back to diving? I guess I had best do some test dives where I can go without currents or deep water. Shallow and slow or no currents. Maybe tethered to the boat at first. I don't trust my ability to swim against the currents right off the boat at this time. I do tend to tire very quickly for now but I would really like to get wet again just to see how I feel. Maybe I'll bring my pony tank to the pool if I feel up to it for a short dive test. That or just a little snorkeling with the tank alongside in case I need it. I have lost a lot of weight, strength and stamina since this all began. :unsure: NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER GIVE IN!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17808

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I have got to run shortly so I have to make this quick with a lot of mistakes. No time to correct and Atty is still asleep. :lol: I have chemo in a very little over an hour.

I woke up about 3A.M. with a severe pain in my right side. After enduring it for a couple of hours I decided to give in and take a couple of pain killers. That has worked well and I am now getting ready to run for my chemo.

I have to get going. Sorry, it is 7:45 and I have to be there in about 45 minuits. Gotta run, I'LL BE BACK!!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17810

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Chemo was very bad today. I am having a lot of problems with it and had about 12 hours where I was totally out of reality and had more or less just passed out from about 1PM until after 1:30 A.M. I remember nothing of that time and I am having trouble typing and collecting my thoughts. It is 4:00 A.M. so I am going to try to get back to sleep for a while and then I'll get back to this, This was the worst chemo reaction I have had to date, I'll get back to this later.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17812

• Treasure Enthusiast
Hang in there Russ, remember "This too shall pass"

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17814

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yup, it has and I am feeling much better. I have some good news that came out of yesterdays doctor visit. I had forgotten about it due to the severe reaction but it came back to me a little while ago and I had to give the good news to Sherene before putting it on line. I was talking with my doctor and mentioned that I wanted to look at a sailboat and was thinking about buying it if he thought I would be around to make 3 or 4 years of payments. He looked at my progress chart and said that the way my numbers are going and the way I am responding that he would do it. I said I did not want to get into payments that my wife could not handle if I died rather suddenly and stuck her with the payments. He said I was doing extremely well and should have no problem if everything keeps going like it is. That is some really great news as far as I am concerned. Now I have to figure out how to get the rest of the money together to get one of the boats I am going to look at this weekend. I'll post some photos as soon as I can get down to the dock and get them. My camera battery was dead when I went the other day so I didn't get any pictures. Now that I am sure I am going to be here and have a plan to get the shop closed and get another sailboat I am getting hyped up to get started. I have to look into selling off some stuff to get the money together that I need to get the sailboat paid for and up river to my slip here at our marina.

Yesterday the reaction was severe and I don't remember a lot of what went on after I left the shop but my mind is working sort of normally for now. As normally as it gets, anyhow. However I am going to report the reaction to my doctor on Monday morning in case it was a fluke or something that was not supposed to happen. Maybe someone mixed my chemo wrong or it was just a bad reaction on my part. Anyhow, it was the worse reaction that I have experienced since this started. Hopefully it was just a chance reaction that won't happen again. I'd hate to think that someone mixed my chemo shot wrong or gave me someone else's shot. That would not be a good thing. So far I have been very happy with my treatments and my reaction and response to the treatments. Now I expect to be here for some time. I had to ask the doctor about payments even though I am going to pay the boat off if I can come up with the additional $1,500 to pay it off when I buy it. I hate payments and attempt to get boats paid off when I can. The exception was my Carri Craft because it was $30,000 so I paid off $3,000 and set up $700 a month payments with the former owner for three years on the balance.. I just had the payments sent from my retirement and hardly ever missed them. Since buying this house and starting the shop I have been unable to save anything. Maybe if I get rid of the shop and some other bills the extra $1,500 to $3,000 I save will help me to do some treasure diving and cruising aboard my boat. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Okay, I hear Sherene outside talking to someone about letting their dog crap on her lawn and not picking up behind the dog. I'd best get out there and see what I can do to defuse that quick. I'll post photos of the boats I am looking at later when I can get down there.

Okay, she handled it without fisticuffs or gunshots so I guess it is alright. :lol: I have to get back to pickin and grinning aboard a sailboat while cruising to some of my dive sites and areas I want to explore and dive, fish and treasure hunt. Time is a-wastin!

On anchor in Marathon

Cruising the Keys along the 7 mile bridge

Cruising along the Chesapeake Bay near Norfolk

I had our Cal hauled out at a marina in Baltimore so I could repair the rudder and rebuild the transmission. The camper was our land yacht that we took to Toronto and down to Central America to Belize. Another form of yachting we enjoy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17815

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 25
Russ, I am so happy that the future is looking brighter for you and Sherene. Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17816

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thanks Buddy, I am beside myself with wanting to get back to doing some treasure diving and sailing as soon as this is behind me. I can't forget to keep an eye on the blood work and the possibility of blood clots and the like. Like he told me, "Don't get cocky, a blood clot could still change the outcome if you aren't careful." I will be careful and be a good little treasure hunter and take my meds and do everything he tells me. But when it's over I am going treasure hunting, diving, fishing and cruising without the shop hanging around my neck. I have a couple of smaller boats that I can finish and change into working cash. I will need one to use as a dink or else get another inflatable and sell both small fishing boats. It is all still up in the air until I get my head under control and decide what I want to do. One day at a time................... :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17817

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Scubasmitty, if you are still monitoring us I want to wish you a Very Happy Easter. I hope you get to your new location soon and get back online. Take Care, My Friend. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow.

Happy Easter to one and all aboard TreasureWorks. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver, thetigers2, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17818

• Treasure Enthusiast
ok Russ, when you quit playing around, I have a Manille Galeon in Costa Rica for you to work on. It is in Bandarus bay under some 27 ft of mud from the river desembocanda there. Interesed??

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17819

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Any time my Friend! That would be right on my list of things to do. I have dredge capabilities and my very own pirate flag. I wonder how many years we would get if they catch us digging under that mud? It does sound interesting though. I have several much closer wrecks to look into without worrying about spending time in a foreign prison if we get caught. 27 feet of mud is an awful big hole to get away with unseen if permits are not forthcoming. Especially in clear water. But, I'll keep it in mind in case there is someone else out here that is also stone crazy with treasure fever and some serious equipment. :woohoo:

I think I'll stick to some of the debris I have scoped out along our own coast for a while and see how that goes. I have been wanting to get out here on the west coast of Florida for a few years and if I get one of these boats I may be in a very good position to do just that and look like I belong there as a cruiser in a sailboat who is diving, fishing and just chasing lobsters. Low profile and under estimated is where it's at. I have a dredge, a hookah rig, dive gear, underwater detectors, lift bags and all sorts of underwater gear just waiting to be dragged back out of storage and dropped in the water again. Hopefully most of it will still be serviceable and work without to much overhauling or replacement. Nope, I think I'll keep it local for a while until I get tired of the Florida attitude towards treasure hunters. Besides, I have the wife that will not be wanting to go to such lengths or distances to sit on deck and watch me deepzee dunkin.
Moderators: LobsterPirate