Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(117 Viewing)  (117) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17820

• Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 16
Russ, here is one for you, only about 45 ft

siempre mañana" "tomorrow, tomorrow always tomorrow".

Don Jose de La Mancha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You want treasure stories, I have them, on many I am now the only living source today or that can prove that they existed and where., such as-->

About 1914, while the Us was still deciding to stay out of the war or not, the Germans set up a spy system in northern Mexico. They constructed a very high Marconi antennae here in Alamos and daily communicated with Germany on general activities and ship movements.

Germany eventually convinced Mexico to set up a system of border Incidents in order to keep the US more interested in her borders than Europe's. Not like today's government. she knew that she couldn't win the war with the US's production capabilities against her.

Zimmerman was the German consulate in Hermosillo. He became the principal in the plot. The newly formed Mexican gov't was agreeable since they were to paid in chocolate sized gold bars and desperately needed money.. Everything was going just fine, the gold bars arrived in a small steam driven German ship and was in Guaymas waiting to unload.

Unfortunately the Britlanders playing their usual secret service stuff, confiscated a diplomatic pouch from Zimmerman which disclosed the entire plan. Being famous for their diplomatic courtesy, they promptly had full details printed in the Hermosillo papers. This so embarrassed the Mexican gov't, that They rejected all parts of the plan and ordered Zimmerman and his Consul to leave Mexico..

The small ship in Guaymas with the gold bars? It left one dark night with the approach of a hurricane and was never heard from again.. It was assumed that it ended up in Rio de Janeiro

So there matter sat until the 1950's. I had a friend, Mittendorf, who knew a gentleman in Nogales Az . This gentleman told Mitty that he desperately wanted to talk to me, so off we went to meet him.

We entered one of rundown areas of Nogales at that time and finally found the equally run down trailer. We knocked on the door, a short but immaculately clean Mexican gal of about 40, opened the door. We introduced ourselves and she invited us in. we found an very thin, beat up gringo of indeterminate age in a wheel chair. He weakly bid us to sit-down next to him, which we did.

After sending Lupe off to brew some new coffee, He opened with "What I am about to tell you, I have never told anyone before, nor has my former partner before he died. In the late 40's I had concluded a very profitable business deal, so my Partner and I decided on a 2 - 3 weeks fishing and diving trip down in Baja. We went to La Pa, and rented a live aboard boat, and stocked with provisions. We also rented the latest dive equipment. When everything was ready, we set off down the coast of Baja towards San Lucas. We had no schedule, just being very lazy, and cruised a bit every day just diving, fishing, and sight seeing.

After about a week we were running short of fresh supplies, so seeing an isolated ranch on the shore, we set off in the small boat to see if we could get fresh eggs, chickens etc.. They were very friendly and while the man of the house was rounding up our supplies, his wife invited us into the house for the ever present Mexican custom of drinking coffee. While we were talking of this and that , she bluntly asked "just what were we doing"? I explained that we were just fishing and diving. She instantly picked up on the diving and asked several questions about it, apparently satisfied she asked "Why don't you dive on that ship out there? pointing to near where our boat was anchored.

I started to question her, and she told me that when she was a little girl, during a hurricane, she saw a small ship foundering and eventually it sank. There were no survivors. The ship was steaming south when the Hurricane struck and the ship sank.

The next morning we commenced scouting the area and finally found it in about 45 ft of water. a picnic. We first dove down and tied a green Clorox bottle to it's rail so the bottle floated about 12 ft below the surface. You could see the bottle IF you were actually looking for it but not otherwise.

As it turned out, this was a good idea. We commenced diving on it, it was a screw driven metal ship. It had a cabin and control room, with one hold in back - fantail for you x swabbies -. After a day or so of exploring the upper decks, our curiosity got the best of us, and we finally managed to open the hatch. It was empty except for a large metal container, the size of a small room. It was bolted together with an access door. It took two days to finally open the door, but it was worth it, inside it was filled with small boxes filled with chocolate bar sized bars of Gold.

So the next few days we started recovering bars. We had a fair amount aboard when we were notified to come up immediately by our crew. We surfaced and our crew were pointing excitedly towards la Paz to a large power boat approaching at high speed. We quickly cleared our anchor and started the engines and slowly moved away from the wreck. When the boat finally arrived, we were over 300 meters from the sunken boat and we gently lowered the anchor again.

We were boarded with armed men in uniforms which we assumed were of the armed forces of Mexico. They promptly searched our ship and discovered the gold bars. They confiscated them, and demanded the others. We explained that that was all that we had seen. They were welcome to use our gear to verify this.

They then left, but first ordered us to return to La Paz immediately and never mention this to any one or we would-be arrested, and that if we remained, we would also be arrested. Taking the hint we did exactly as they ordered. We left Mexico and neither of us has ever been back, since we expected to be arrested. I was never able to identify them as being any branch of the Mexican navy.

However, by this time I had contracted rheumatic fever which effected my heart and I am dying according to the doctors. I am unable to move, Lupe, helps me, more from pity I am sure, since it can't be from a huge salary. All that I ask is if you can locate it by my directions, that you give me enough for small things like cigarettes and candy, and set up a small pension fund for Lupe.
ed
Naturally, we agreed, and he gave us the lat and long. We then gave him some money to help hold him over. When I returned a few months later to give him some more money, He had died, and I could not find Lupe. Soo at the moment I am the only one alive that knows of this or of the details.

Now you had better keep me alive. snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha©@
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut, WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17822

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 96
Thanks Russ, and a very happy Easter to you and yours!
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17826

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 239
B) I also had an adventure down along the Baha coast a few years back that cost me a pre-war Winchester rifle. It is a similar story in that it was something that no one else is around to verify. I had to bury the rifle in order to not end up in prison for having inside Mexico's border. It was a small price to pay at the time but with the increase in value the rifle is now getting worth the return trip to recover. Still, I am unsure if I should try to get it. It is buried under the site of our camp fire wrapped in oil cloth, inside a hard case that is in turn wrapped in oily rags and wrapped with heavy construction plastic and then buried about 4 to 5 feet below the dry sand. The rifle has an extra long octagonal barrel and was in 45/70 Cal. It was not the carbine but the long gun made before WW2. I was down there doing some beach diving along the shoreline. One evening it was a bit cooler than normal and I returned to my motorhome to get a jacket. When I pushed my clothing back to get my jacket I saw the rifle leaning in the corner of the closet. I knew that there was serious complications if it was discovered going through customs or if we were inspected at any one of dozens of state line inspection stops. I quickly knew what I had to do. The rifle was valuable even then but I didn't think it was worth 20 years if I was caught with it. I decided to bury it under the campfire site once we put it out and could dig a hole under it. I wrapped it very carefully and buried it that night. It should still be there but I still don't want to risk a 20 year prison sentence to find out. This was about 28 years ago or there about. I had run clear across Mexico and had been stopped and searched maybe four times and the rifle sat back in that closet corner alone and forgotten. I had even once pushed the clothes in the closet back for an Army Captain when he was looking the camper over but neither one of us spotted it. He was more interested in my duffel bag with my military I.D. down the side of it. He searched it and asked if we had any firearms or ammunition in the camper. I didn't know how close I was to a long prison sentence. Still, it is a very nice gun in almost mint condition. That trip could have turned out much different if he had spotted the gun. :S

Happy Easter to one and all.

I will try to get the kids home in time to run to the boats and get a few photos this afternoon. They just asked if I could take them home early because one of the girls has some kind of online project that she needs to work on. I said to just let me know when they are ready to go and I'll be ready. Maybe I'll get those photos this afternoon after all. We'll see how it goes.

Okay, I got the kids home about a half hour before sunset and got to the marina to get a few shots of the two boats I am interested in. Here they are;

The first one is the 33 footer. I'll put two or three pictures of it. It is almost ready to haul off and go sailing away to whatever dive site I want to explore.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You can see where it rubbed against the dock and cut up the side but the damage is superficial and a little refinishing and a coat of paint will handle that. I looked inside and have decided that I am definitely going to try to gat this one first. I am also thinking of getting the bigger boat if I can figure out a way to pay for them. This one is close to what I want but about 10 or 15 feet to short but it will do for now.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17829

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, here is the 45 footer. It is an aft cabin model that has been entirely gutted by some kind of amateur destruction nutcase. It was stripped and damaged to the point of having absolutely nothing useable left inside That doesn't have to be replaced, rebuilt or just plain redesigned. It is stripped to the inside of the hull all the way from the engine room to the foredeck anchor locker. It is a completely bare hull inside and all of the wood, fiberglass and every single piece of the boat's interior is missing. I mean right down to fill hoses, thru-hulls and everything you see inside of a sailboat when you look down the hatch and walk through the boat. Got the idea? Even the outside is badly damaged and needs extensive repairs and refinishing.....But,,, I like the boat's size and possibilities are endless. I like that.

Anyhow, These are the boats I am interested in. Tomorrow I will go by the marina to see what I can work out. I already have one slip where I can keep one of the boats and can have another slip for about $130 a month that is also in the marina where I live. The slips at this marina are more than twice that for only one slip. I will let you know what I find out and can do after tomorrow is done and I get home from the shop. I have some jobs at the shop where I can make the money if I crack down and get them done fast. I also have more than I even need owed to me for work already finished that I haven't been able to collect on. Maybe I should go repo the parts from that idiot. I'll figure something out in a few days. Meantime, I am tired and want to get some rest.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17830

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
So Russ...which is it that you want to do -use a boat or work on a boat?
I have to ask myself this question weekly. It's a legitimate and serious question. That 45 foot boat is a good year's project if you are working full time and having to chase parts...longer if you have to chase parts from flea markets or swap meets. Look at all your stuff...which do you want to use? Dive gear or repair tools? Metal detectors or sanders and saws? Do you want to spend your next couple of years wishing that you could be diving, treasure hunting and fishing while you work on the boat or fishing, diving and treasure hunting?
It took a long time for me to learn that just because I CAN do something, does not mean that it is the best use of my time.
I know all about wanting bigger boats, more boats and better boats, but you have to figure out what's the most important thing to you. If that's fixing..awesome...buy that 45' project and get to work. If it's using a boat...buy one that needs a minimum of work and USE IT! Take your darling wife and get the hell out there.

<Rant ends> I wouldn't have bothered to type this much if I wasn't wishing you all the best as always.
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17833

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Thanks man, but I want it all... I am thinking of getting both boats and having the running one to go play with while the other one is setting in my slip for me to work on whenever I feel like it. Working on boats is therapy for me. It is what I love to do and being able to get away from everyday stress and dealing with problems that have a way of jumping up and slapping the crap out of life is very relaxing to me. I would rather be working on sanding, painting, reconstructing or remodeling a boat than doing anything else. With a project boat sitting there for me to work on or not work on whenever the urge hits me is a relaxing thought all by it's self. The biggest project boat I ever took on was a 105 footer that I had for several years. Someone came along to visit me one day while I was hanging a Morse Fairbanks engine in the air in the engine room and he bought the boat, It went to Central America as a dive center someplace on a reef was what I was told. I have been working on boats for what seems forever but 90% of the time it is a labor of love and it really does boost my energy level just to go aboard and consider the changes and upgrades I can come up with. Most people can't understand that attitude. If you are doing what you really love to do it can not be considered real work. It is always more of a get away and a place where I go to relax, regenerate my energy levels and find piece and quiet from the stress of life. I have not had to depend on working on my project boats for a living. I have a very good retirement income if everything is going good. It is when kids and other problems jump up and interfere with my already set procedures that I run into problems. I need this kind of work to feel good about myself and what I am doing. I don't know if anyone can understand this approach and feeling of freedom when I have a project. My wife surely does not. She is constantly on me about taking on so much work with my health conditions. She is also worried about me spending money that we may need to use to bail out one of the kids when they get into trouble with whatever it is that they fall into. I try to tell her that I am tired of paying for the kids mistakes and financial shortcomings. Yesterday our daughter offered to help a little with the $1,500 I need but I don't think I can do that just in case I have to go a few weeks before I can pay her the money back. She said it is from her rent money that she has put back for next months rent. I can not assure myself that I can be in a position to put that back in a week or two. Therefore, I most likely will not let her help me even though she does owe me a lot of money. I will not borrow her rent money.

If you can understand why I am looking at both boats then you could eventually have a similar rest area that you eventually have as a hideaway or regenerating station where no one can come to bother you with the stress you need to get away from before you go crazy trying to make ends meet with a short belt. It ain't gonna happen, Captain!

As for parts, materials and tools, I have so much more than I actually need that it is scary. I look around the shop and my old supply boxes and they are full of almost anything boat related. John and Pete have seen the dozens of parts boxes and unknown number of tools and other hardware that I have in the shop. I must have a couple of hundred pounds of stainless bolts, screws and mounting hardware in the engine shop alone. I also have more refinishing equipment that some body shops and marinas. Nope, I would take on both boats and be very happy to do it if I can find a way to come up with the additional money to get it started. That is the only thing slowing me down. Had I not gotten in so deep with helping the kids and buying other things that I would have jumped on this the first time he opened his mouth on Thursday. Those boats would already be at my marina sitting in my slips and I would be loading the tools and materials in my truck and trailer to haul to the big boat for storing until I can get the time to get started on the build. I am still going to try to work out a deal with the marina if I can but I would rather be able to jump right into working on them and having them paid off so I can concentrate on getting everything started. For the meantime I am going to get on with trying to make some kind of deal that will be of mutual interest and beneficial to us both. A good deal is one where both sides know it will be financially feasible and profitable to them. I can do that if given a little time and find the money to go into it with flags flying and guns blazing.

Well, I hope that answers your questions of doubt as to what I want and am capable of doing. Even in my current state I am more capable than most people my age and can run circles around kids half my age. Come and join me if you doubt it. Ask John and Pete about keeping up with me on a boat job.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17835

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 25
Easy Russ, Chemo and age is causing anxiety level to rise. There are better deals out there than either one you are looking at.. Patience, will prevent regrets and will pay off with a better deal in the near future. Dell.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17836

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Easy Russ, Chemo and age is causing anxiety level to rise. There are better deals out there than either one you are looking at.. Patience, will prevent regrets and will pay off with a better deal in the near future. Dell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17837

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: :woohoo: I have a feeling this IS one of those better deals. I have looked both boats over and they are both very solid and restorable. Like I said, the 33 is almost ready to cast off and take out on open water. Sun, salt air and the feel of a rolling deck under foot. What more is there? :woohoo: Anything else can wait!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17838

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went down to the marina to work up some kind of deal on the boats but the marina owner was out of town on the east coast of Florida picking up a boat and will be gone until tomorrow. I'll go to chemo and when I get out I'll run to the marina and see what I can do. I am going to try to set up a deal where I can grab up both boats if I can. Nobody said I was normal! How many times have you ever went to look at a boat and ended up buying two? Especially of this size. Nail them together and you have a 75 foot double ender sailboat. How kewel is that?

Today wasn't to bad. I managed to work on the Seabreez boat that I just got and started getting it ready to paint. I may put it up for sale as soon as I get a coat of paint on it and start putting it back together and hanging hardware on it. I can possibly get enough out of it to pay part of this sailboat deal off if everything goes right and the engine is still good. I could not get it to shift out of gear with the controller but I have a half dozen controllers for this type of engine. All in good time.

The wife has just returned from the pharmacy so I had best check how much is left in the bank and let her know.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17839

• Treasure Enthusiast
a good riding mule in an unnamed Barranca, with no schedule to meet, just look at previous Spanish works, now unknown, Course my ideal is a 65 70 ft ketch rig.set up for a one man operation, so that I can go back to the sooith Sea Islands,course, my friend Kanaci had an even better idea and did it, how do you post a picyure in here

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17840

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) It's easy to post a photo. Just click on the "add file" box and it will take you to your photo and file section of your computer. Select photos and go trough your photos until you find the one you want to post. Double click on the photo and it will upload to the post where you are writing. At the "add file" button there will be another button that says "insert". Put the curser where you want the photo and click "insert" and then click the "submit" button. Usually one photo at a time will be easier to upload. To many at once or to large of a photo will be a problem and will take a very long time to upload on the post. Reduce large photos or add one at a time and just hit the "edit" button to go back and upload another photo.

I hope that helps and is easier to understand than to write. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17842

• Treasure Enthusiast

kANACKI IS A FRIEND OF MINE. hE HAS THE DRUMBEAT, A TALL SHIP i BELIEVEWITH A THREE NASTRED BRIGANTINE CONFIFRATION. hE RECENTLY COMPLETED A 4 MONTH CRUISE OF THE PACIFIC ATOLLS AND ISLANDS WITH AN ALL GIRL CREW TO HANDLE THE SAILS/ SOMEWHERE I HAVE A FULL PICTURE OF THE DRUMBEAT.. IF I FIND IT, I'L POST IT ALSO A RED BLOODED MALES DREAM

JOSE ( tayopa)
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by 1767.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17843

• Treasure Enthusiast
is that a picture of me in my new outboard setuo >>

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17844

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
I did not question your abilities, your stamina or your desire, merely whether you really want a boat to go use or a boat to work on. One or more of each seems like a good plan, as long as the working doesn't eat up the time to enjoy being on the boat with your wife.

Carry on!
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #17845

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I've been reading Kanacki's posts when I find them. He is doing what we did but in an entirely different area. He is hitting places we wanted to also go but one thing or another kept us in other locations. We still had a great time for many years. My crew was my mostly half to completely naked wife but that was all I could handle. :lol: It doesn't matter where you go as long as you are having a great time doing what you love. Diving, fishing, exploring everywhere and enjoying the company you are with. I have stories that I wrote and may post one once in a while. Some have been published in various magazines because I wrote for a few as we traveled to pick up a few extra bucks. It was nice to have a check hit the bank that you weren't expecting. One trip we were heading into Panama City Beach to visit our kids and the wife was topside with me at the helm. A small fishing boat kept getting closer and closer until I thought he was going to run up under us and I realized that the wife was topless. I told her to get dressed before she caused the poor guy to run under our bow trying to get closer. She just waved at him and went below. :woohoo:

I like the deck photo. It reminds me of sailing the old wooden ships along the Chesapeake Bay and working on helping to overhaul some very old sailing ships from the days of wooden ships and iron men. I was born 200 years to late. I really enjoy working on them. I still have a lot of knowhow when it comes to repairing those old heavy wooden hulls and ships timbers decks and rigging. I would have loved to have been able to do that with a big wooden sailing ship of my own.

We were even married aboard a pirate ship.

We cut our wedding cake with a cutlass

Had a pirate band, Lucky Mud. Watch that pretty Wench, she wields a mean blade in a sword fight.

An awesome time was had by all in attendance. If you had a boarding pass. All the food and drink you could handle and a six hour cruise.

My son was best man.

We had limited seating so boarding passes were the only way you were allowed on board. Still, we had quite a few stowaways that managed to get a free ride and food. We watch the videos shot and have spotted at least a half dozen people we did not know.

The bride arrives and is escorted below by the pirate crew and band. They kept us appart until she walked down the isle. Beautiful Wench, Ya think?

I think this was the best wedding I had ever seen. People were talking about it for years. Pirate weddings have always been extravagant and OVERBOARD so to speak.

Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #17846

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went by the doctor's office to get my blood test and ended up getting an I.V. with saline for a little over an hour and then a bone density builder added for another half hour. The reaction was caused by a serious lack of hydration on my part. I had not been getting enough water or Gatorade for the two days or so before the shots. I wholly agree. I know for certain I was not drinking enough. I won't make that mistake again. It costs to much on the body and I didn't like it at all. :sick:

I went by the marina to see about the boats but the owner was up to his neck in gator-tourists wanting to rent a boat or charter a fishing guide. I told him I want both boats and would be back. I'll go by in the morning and see what his offer is. I said I want both boats and he said we will work out a great deal. That works for me!!!!

I got home and fixed some shrimp Scampi and a sweet potato for dinner. Yum! Now I am going to sit here and relax with a nice big Gatorade and watch some TV. I spent most of today working on getting the gray boat ready for paint and reassembly so I can raise the price and sell it. I think that if I sell off a few things I can pay off both boats and have them free and clear. No payments and I already have the slips here at our marina. I can have both boats here and once I close the shop I will load the working tools in the big boat and go cruising on the 33 when I feel like it. The money I save from not having shop rent will over pay what I have to work with on the boats. The little one even has marine air and a lot of other goodies aboard. The big one also has marine air but it looks like it may need repair. I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE ONE. Imagine that. I also have a nice little diesel to power the generator if the Westerbeake is no good. Okay, more after I get the boats up here to my slips and get John and Pete to help check them out and I will make up a sort of what do I want plan.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #17847

• Treasure Enthusiast
Is that broad dressed in white part of the Pananaa loot ?? If so I'll bid 1/2 of my share of the loot .

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #17848

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Dell Winders.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #17849

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :lol: Dell, I have a subscription to Bone Yard Boats. I get the offers before the issue even gets mailed out. I have considered several of them but the wooden boat upkeep is very hard on your body, wallet and cruising time. I used to rebuild a lot of wooden boats and am possibly one of very few who still knows how to replace kneeboards or rabbit planks and a lot of other parts and procedures required on the old timers. I really love the old wooden boats and the ride they have. It is hard to explain how they feel under foot when you are out at sea. Most new boat people don't even know what those parts are. It is very difficult and expensive working on the old boats, both sail and power. I would love one but I no longer have the physical ability that is demanded of your body. The last time I had to replace the transom support I broke a draw bolt off and it shot across the work area and could have killed someone if it had hit one. Luckily it just shot across the work area and went harmlessly into the water about 200 feet away. That bolt was !" thick and was only one of ten that was pulling the board into position after it had been soaked and steamed for three days to soften the oak so it could be bent. It has only been the last 15 years that I have owned fiberglass boats. Bone Yard Boats is a great site and needs some real enthusiastic people to take over some of those old wooden works of art and restore them. I have worked on the Pride of Baltimore, The Constellation and several other wooden treasures in and around Baltimore and Norfolk when I lived up that way. I have helped restore several Skipjacks, Bugeyes and a couple of the old Chesapeake Comets that used to be all over the Bay. Not to mention some old sailing oyster dredge boats. I loved working on that old wood.

The wench in white will be at the cookout. That's my flasher that makes other boats try to get close enough to take a few layers of paint off my hull. :lol: :woohoo: I have tried to sell her off but they keep sending her back saying that her mouth is broken and will not stop talking. Oh well, maybe next time I can find someone who is deaf. :evil: :lol:

Our wooden Harker Islander, 52 feet with twin diesels and a 1,700 gallon main tank.

This was my 38 foot Chris Craft Constellation That I pulled up off the bottom and restored. I ran it for about 5 years and some idiot with a marina dropped it and split the hull and broke 17 ribs and damaged it beyond my financial ability to repair it. I donated it to a diver training center and we sunk it in a quarry where they train divers how to get out of wrecks when they can not see. It is in a quarry called Guppy Gulch up on the East Coast.

Here we were getting her ready to tow out to the dive site where we wanted her. I put on my dive gear and, holding my pirate flag, went down with my ship in about 45 feet of water. Divers get certified on the fly bridge at the 30 foot depth. I miss that boat. I miss my friend in the photo too. He was Garret Pastercheck and he died on the way to meet up with me when I was down in South Padre Island, Texas. The coroner said it was congestive heart failure. He was just in his 40's. Long story for another time. We had a dive recovery business together and recovered sunken boats for insurance companies.

Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders, 1767
Moderators: LobsterPirate