Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(77 Viewing)  (76) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 5 days ago #17850

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 239
:( Last night I was awake all night. I just could not get to sleep. I don't feel bad I just could not sleep. Today I am sitting it out on the couch and watching TV. I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here. :S My phone is out anyhow so I will just take a day of rest and start everything tomorrow.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! I symathize with ou. 1 month 5 days ago #17851

• NOW ONLINE
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 16
Russ, isn't that a miserable feeling ? I sympathize witj you

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! I symathize with ou. 1 month 5 days ago #17854

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 64
Russ that happens to me a lot. I toss and turn all night and then the alarm goes off and I go to work. Then I'm nodding off all day at the shop. I fall asleep driving home (John can tell you about that) but The Force gets me home safely.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 5 days ago #17855

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today was just a low energy day so sitting here watching TV and playing solitaire, eating all sorts of ice cream, hotdogs, junk food and chilling out wasn't to bad. I am going to try to get to sleep shortly.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 5 days ago #17856

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 61
I do worry about Pete and his reliance on the"Force" to get him home!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 5 days ago #17857

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I understand completely! The Farce is a little shaky to lean on to much. I tend to do it too but for other things rather than driving. I remember diving into a large wreck and found myself in a cargo compartment with a rather large Tiger Shark and relied on the location of the exit with the farce. I could not see anything but hit that doorway with "eye of the needle" precision from center room. The shark went out another way and we never crossed paths again. I still shake when I think about that one. :lol: Oh, you said force.....never mind! :lol:

Hey John, I have decided to try to get some partial financing through a friend who once offered to go in with me if I ever ran into a deal where I thought we could make some good money. If I use the 33 until I get the 45 done I would be in a real good position to sell it and triple or even better the investment. Not a bad return for a few month investment. I am not going to the marina today because I went to the VA for bloodwork this morning and came right home. I am going to sit it out another day or so and see how I feel. This energy loss is not like me. I usually have energy to burn but I don't even feel like going fishing right now. Normally I would want to go fishing or snorkeling for no reason at all. Today I drove up to the shop doors and sat in the truck for a couple of minuits and drove off to home. That wasn't me, I go to the shop to get away from here. I didn't even unload my Gatorade or other goodies into the shop fridge and storage box. I need to get this over and behind me so I can get back to working on my boats and jobs and treasure hunting. Someone is picking up gold that belongs to me.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17858

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: I fixed a nice seafood dinner and pigged out like I was hungry. It was great even if the fish was a little under done but I had Sherene just sauté' it up a bit and it turned out really good. Shrimp, fish, crab, imitation crab, lobster, Lobster bisque, Key West Shrimp with lots of sweet onion, Old Bay and a small ribeye steak. Mix it all together and pop it in the broiler for about 1/2 hour. It came out awesome. Sherene said the fish was a little underdone so I let her fry it a few minuits and she was happy. It beats arguing over fish that was underdone. Anyhow, a great meal was had by all. Now I have to see about surviving the over feeding and get some rest. :woohoo: Sherene just brought another piece of that fish in for me. I am already stuffed to the gills but there is always room for one more little fish filet. :lol: I think I'll have some rocky road ice cream with a banana and some pistachio ice cream on the top with the whipped cream. Yeah, that will keep me until the midnight snack. :woohoo:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17859

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
WOW, I was determined to eat nothing today but my boss brought in a bag of Chick Filet chicken biskets. I had one. That and four beers this evening and three Fireballs is all!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17860

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I weighed myself this morning. Gained two pounds overnight.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #17861

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( I got on the scale and it said 143. Not good. I wonder why I am losing weight again? I started out at between 222 and 230.

I am going to go by the Flea Market on the way to check on the boat today. I figure the boat may be gone by now but I'll check on it anyhow. I still have to call my friend to see if he can help with financing for a month or two. That is if the boat is still there. I don't expect it to last long at the price they want.

Today is the first day in a week that I haven't gotten up feeling bad. I will have to take it easy but I have to get something going and get to work. I ate like a horse yesterday and still lost weight overnight. I am off chemo for another 4 days so I should be getting back into a better condition between now and then and I'll try to take advantage of it if I can. Meantime, a short trip to the flea yard will help me relax and then head on down to the marina and see about the sailboat.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #17862

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I'm down to 198. Can't seem to get below that.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #17863

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I had an idea to borrow some money from a friend who invests money in boats and engines. All I was interested in was borrowing the money I still need and paying him a nice profit for helping me. A profit higher than any bank in the country would even consider. I was talking to him and the next thing I know he is inviting a couple of his friends to each pitch in for the boats. Then he said they would put the money up to buy them and I would do the work and we would all split the profits after I got the boats finished and sold. WHOA ... What the hey are you talking about? No Freakin way, Jose! I just wanted to borrow the money not cut a bunch of his friends to jump in and cash in on my work. Not even close. Besides, I aim to keep one of the boats and sell the other to pay back and of the loan or interest I may still owe at that time. I have decided to forgo any help and figure out how to come up with the money myself. I don't need any kind of deal where I am the workhorse for someone else to cash in on my hard work and parts. Nope, that deal is dead in the water. I'll sell off some of the stuff and boats I have at the shop and do it myself. I couldn't believe they wanted to put up a few dollars and takeover my boat deal. I offered a great payback for the loan but they want the boats and the money.

I have got to turn in so I can cool off and get on with this tomorrow. I have put about $3,800 worth of boats, equipment, parts and such on craigslist tonight to try to raise the money myself and just cut them out before they get me mad. I don't play well with others when I get mad. I have to concentrate on trying to get these items sold and get the money for the sailboat if I can. If not, oh well, there will be another one along directly. Wanna bet? :angry:

I just noticed, it's 2:24 A.M. and I am still wide awake and working on this and craigslist. I had best get to sleep. I have DIRECTV coming in the morning and need to get out of here and get some more stuff at the shop ready to put online.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #17865

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Well, DIRECTV was a waste of time this morning. After considering all the options and finding out that DIRECTV is a subsidiary of AT&T I decided to wait until I check out a few more ideas and options before switching. DIRECTV does not have the internet. You have to go with AT&T for that and I don't like them. Long story but it deals with a really stupid charge for ending a contract about 6 weeks early and getting fined right at $1,000 to get out of it. With DIRECTV I would have to sign a two year contract and DIRECTV is a subsidiary of AT&T so the contract is the same one where you have to pay dearly to get out of it early. I may just have to end it early if we decide to travel or if I wind up needing other options later on. I don't want long contracts just now. And, I still do not like AT&T. You may like them and have a lot of good things to say about them I respect that and say good for you. Go with them and I hope it serves you well. But it's just not for me at this time.

I did manage to get a coat of primer on one of the boats I have put up for sale. I'll get a couple of coats of good deck paint on it over the next few days and then start getting it put back together. It runs really good and all I have to do is to get the shifter cables and throttle cables replaced and working right. I already have the replacements in the shop and will try to get that done as fast as possible.

I also got the wife's golf cart unloaded from the enclosed trailer and into the shop. NEXT? I also started working on the deck of the enclosed trailer and a few other little jobs. :woohoo: The golf cart needs a new controller and a radio/CD player and some touchup on the paint. The wife needs it like a fish needs a bicycle. :S

I guess you have figured out by now that I felt a lot better today and managed to get quite a bit done. Even for getting to the shop after 12: noon. I left at 4:30 and am waiting on the pork roast that Sherene has on cooking to get done. She just went in to the kitchen to check on it again. It smells ready to me. Just lead it over and I'll bite off what I want. I am losing weight and if it doesn't get done soon I may be to weak to fight it. :lol:

Okay, she said it is pretty close to done but the potatoes need a little longer. That's good enough for me. CHARGE!!!!! The food troth is open and critter is ready..... Go for it. :lol:
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #17866

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, I have started to list everything I have in the shops and whatever I can sell off. I am going to buy a sailboat and have a small dink to use for a water taxi and for doing some smaller dive site diving and possible dive recovery with some of my serious dive gear. It is time to go for it and get the shop closed and go play.

John and Pete, if there is anything I have here that will help you guys with whatever you are working on just let me know and we can work out some kind of deal. Some of this stuff you are welcome to if you have a use for it. I just need to put together enough of a nest egg to get a boat and start getting everything so I can get out of here and go play in the ocean, Gulf, rivers or beaches. I have to cover them all because I don't remember where I buried that last load of treasure chests. I'll figure it out sooner or later. :lol:

Meantime, I have started listing everything one piece at a time but I am also going to make a list of everything I am selling and make some copies of the list to hand out at flea markets and wherever I start selling. I already have about $3,600 in sale items listed and am going to work on figuring out what to charge for many hundreds of items I have laying around. My health has been nagging me to get out of this intensive labor that it is taking to do this kind of work. If I am going to be intensively labored it will be lifting treasure into my boat and pushing a wheelbarrow to my laundry room to re-hide treasure. :lol: :lol:

I let a guy I called a friend take an engine and a bunch of related parts for another one with just a small down payment and now I think I have lost the $2,000 dollars he owes me. He refuses to return calls or texts and is hiding from me. Okay, I am tired of people doing this sort of thing. Gaston has been a customer for some time and I liked him and thought I could trust him to keep his word and pay me but I see he was just another con man who is just a thief. Losing $2,000 will hurt and be very hard to recover from. I'll just have to get past it and close the shop and go treasure hunting, diving, fishing and forget that I trusted someone that I called a friend and he stole $2,000 rather than tell me he needed help or time to pay me. Just when I think I have a nice little income that will help me do something for us for a change something like this happens. Nope, I am tired of this sort of crap and I am going to get a running boat and go enjoy travel and treasure hunting again. Now I have to see what I can do about keeping my shop rent paid while trying to recover from this loss while getting everything sold off and get myself another boat.

Sorry gang but this sort of thing really gets to me. If I help you and you need more time or if there is anything I need to do to help you just let me know. Don't hide from me, don't ignore me and don't just try to run off and not pay. It isn't fair to either of us and I can't help resolve the problem for either of us. I have bent over backwards to help this guy before when he bought a boat from me and had trouble making the payments. He came to me and asked if I could help and I lowered the payments and stretched them out and even left him go for a while without any payments. All he had to do was ask or let me know he needed time or help. I have never turned anyone down who has had the honesty to let me know what is going on.

I need to get Atty to bed and calm down. Dinner was great so I think I'll go have some more.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #17867

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Ya Russ you have to watch out for these scam artists that want to rip you off. Now that you are selling, you have to be more vigilant and get "cash and carry" deals instead of IOU's that will forget what they owe you.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #17868

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I don't want to get so bad and suspicious of everyone that I can't trust friends. Most are good people and I put a lot of stock in trusting my friends. No one can be totally 100% dead on every time but I refuse to label everyone by those few that take advantage and cheat me or just plain can't do what they say. Nope, I can't distrust those that I consider friends because I made a mistake. For instance, If you gave me your word on something I would take you at that word and trust you without reserve. You are my friend and I would never insult you by belittling that trust. I will be more careful of people I deal with off the street and in business but that is just common sense. I really messed up with letting this happen but then again it was only my fault. I just have to find a comfortable "in between" that I am comfortable with without being insulting or distrusting to my friends.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 day ago #17870

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went to the shop this morning and started working on several different things at once. I had to get a few things finished and some others just outside so I could even get into the building. About a little after noon someone called and wanted to come by and look through some of the smaller stuff I have that I want to get rid of. He came by and bought several items and left. I called the wife and asked if she wanted to come to the shop and we could go to Salem's Restaurant for a late lunch so she headed over. As she pulled up next to the shop I could hear her car long before it came around the building. I had her turn it off and we went to lunch. The engine sounds like it is falling out of the car. I have to look at it tomorrow and see what is wrong now. She came by the shop a couple of hours earlier and everything sounded just fine. Now the engine sounds like a rock grinder with a broken set of teeth. Not a good sign. I'll look into it in the morning.

I had someone who wanted to trade some guns for one of my boats but I passed. I would have liked to do that a few years ago but now I have a few guns that were going to get left to my son that I have. I called my daughter in West Virginia and told her that I will leave them to her if she wanted them. She remembers me shooting them in some shooting competitions when she was younger and said she would love to have them so I'll see that they go to her. The guy was talking guns like a couple of M-14's, a 45/70 and some other nice pieces but I had to pass. I still have a few guns but at this time I don't think that adding to my armory is a good idea. Someone else wanted to trade a zero turn grass cutter for one. Nope, I don't have any grass that I absolutely have to cut. And, that grass that I do cut is only a few square feet. Not worth owning a regular mower for much less a zero-turn commercial cutter. It would just be something else to sell off. I wonder where the traders with cash to trade for boats and parts are hiding?

Tomorrow I will just keep working on the shop and see who else wanders by. Sooner or later I will start selling off the stuff around the shop and see where it goes from there. This weekend is for the cookout so I am getting my Surfmaster 2 ready to go beach walking and see about doing a little beachfront fishing. The wife wants to head home Saturday but I am thinking about staying thru Sunday night and possibly Monday afternoon. If I get her car fixed I may just have her drive herself up there and I can stay up a day or two more if I wanted. I have been looking through some of my detectors and thinking about down sizing to just a couple. I have seven or eight that I let the wife and grandkids use that I may decide to sell. I may even sell the Surfmaster and opt to get something else later. That is a very nice detector. I just had a new coil and headset put on it at White's repair center. I'll have to think that over a bit. It has been with me a very long time and has paid for its self many times over for a lot of years. I do know I could use the money. I should be able to get around $500 or so for it. One walk down the beach and it will sell its self. Hummmm, I'll have to think that over before doing anything like that. :unsure:
Last Edit: 1 month 16 hours ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 17 hours ago #17871

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Dell are you going to be at the cookout this year? Hope to see you.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 1 day ago #17873

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I think Dell has been very much under the weather lately. That along with his wife being hospitalized I doubt he will be able to attend. I hope I am wrong because I really look forward to seeing him at the cookouts but I would rather him stay home and rest if it is what he needs. Maybe some of us could arrange a date to carry our own cookout to him? What do you think of that? I know I would help out in any way I can. If he doesn't make the cookout I will be very happy to set up a trip up to see him with our own cookout on wheels. We could also see if there is anything to do to help him at the house and grounds. It is very easy for a place like his to be taken over by this Florida vegetation and summer is very close If he can't make it I will call and see if I can do anything to set up a cookout for him.

Dell, if you can make it we would all love to see you there but if you can't do it safely do not put yourself in any kind of medical or physical danger. Your health is first and foremost before the cookout. I know we would all love to be there with you but no one wants to see you have any medical problems because of it.

The guy that owes me the money came by the shop today. He was out of town up in Tennessee where his mother has 3 or 4 heart surgeries and has been very sick for several weeks. I still got on him for not calling and letting me know what was going on. I am going down to his boat in the morning and we are going to work something out. His boat is seriously damaged and the marina will not do the work on it from what I understand. I am the only hope he has for a decent boating season this year. I agreed to work with him and see if we can resolve the delinquent payments and a deal for helping with the boat and engines. Like I said, I will bend over backwards to help a friend if he would just keep me inside the loop of problems he/she is having. I don't want to see him not have the engines and have a boat that only floats and won't go. That's a bad way to be. No, sails won't work. :lol:

I did manage to get the wife's golf cart going today. She took it to her doctor appointment and the batteries died on the way home. So, I just took the truck and trailer and hauled it home and put it on the charger. It should be back to normal tomorrow morning.. I'll go test run it tonight before bed. It had been sitting several weeks so I am not surprised that they needed a charge,
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 1 day ago #17874

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hey Russ that cookout at Dell's is a great idea. You know he has a waterfront lot. We could mow the lawn, trim the trees and bushes, weed eat and set up a cookout on the lake front! Maybe even go out for a boat ride. We all bring a covered dish and Dell will have enough leftovers to feed him for a week.
Moderators: LobsterPirate