Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(149 Viewing)  (149) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17875

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 283
B) That works for me. I know he could use the help. His yard grows like it is trying to claim the lakefront back. I like the covered dish idea. Just make sure that Dell doesn't try to do anything. He tends to overdo it and ends up feeling really stressed and overly tired. He wants to do things he should leave for those who are there to help. It is a good idea even if he makes it to the cookout.

See you Friday evening.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17876

• Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 27
I've known \Dell for a log time vie internet, both here and in dowsing forum. I second the suggestion even if I can't be there.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17879

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 69
Ray Walker at Kellyco asked me to do this:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17880

• Junior Treasure Hunter
Russ, here is kanacki's Drum Beat. I can just see the half naked all Polenesian grrrl crew lhanging from theyard arms . sigh,Wonder why he didn't invte me along for the trip ??,

The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17881

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I just hit a wrong button with the side of my hand and wiped out a half hour of typing. I hate computers!

John, anything Kellyco wants to post here is always welcome. I will be at the cookout as of tonight. I have a chemo in the morning and have to run over to St; Pete to pick up three of my prescriptions and I'll have to wait a while to be sure there is no severe reaction before I leave. I may be getting there pretty late.

That boat is one beautiful rig. Man alive, I know why he didn't take you along. He figured you would try to have him voted out as Captain and take over his ship and crew. Yup, sounds about right to me. :lol: That is really one beautiful Ship, you can't call that a boat. It is really awesome and it takes a real sailing Captain and good crew to properly sail her. My three cornered hat is off to Kanacki and his crew. That is just plain awesome. Also, sailing to the beat of a different drum is truly what he does.

I worked on Sherene's car all day and finally got it going and put back together. I think it might need another bearing somewhere but I didn't have the energy or time to keep going. I'll have to work on it after I get back next week.

I figured I had best post this before I did something stupid again. I'll keep working on it.

I am going to try to dig out those tables and load them in the truck if I can. My back is really bad this evening and I am not sure I can lift them into the truck. I will do the best I can but getting there while I am still walking is first on my list. That will all have to wait until I get back from my VA appointment....
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17882

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 69
Pete, why don't you slide down and help Russell load those tables? We ned them!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17883

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) John, don't worry about Pete having to run down here to help with the tables. I have someone here that will run over and give me a hand without having to drive 40 miles and cross the Skyway bridge. They are just a couple of folding flea market tables and I even have a small crane in the back of the truck. I won't even have to haul the trailer. Again, I can handle the tables. :laugh: Count the tables as being there!

I am sitting on the couch resting after my chemo and a wasted trip to St Pete to pick up some prescriptions that turned out not to be there. Now I have just wasted almost 4 hours running to Bay Pines. I have to run Sherene over to the shop to get her car and then I can load the tables and get on the road. I am still aching from working on her car yesterday and the day before.

I had best get started and get this circus on the road. If you think of anything just give me a call in the next 2 hours. I'll call before I hit the road to see if anything else might be needed. I also have to remember to pack this laptop to download photos into when my little camera is full.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17884

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
I'm already at the Pennwood.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17885

• Junior Treasure Hunter
Cook out ?? just another drunken feeding orgy, oh by the way, did ayone bring any tamales ?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17886

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
We just had probably the best cookout ever. Did a quick head count and came up with close to 300 people. Pictures to follow and no, there were no tamales!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17887

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Here are a few photos of the cookout. I have 300 to 400 in the camera and will upload some of them after the weekend. I am going detecting in the morning and possibly fishing if all is well. I arrived here about 10PM Friday and felt really bad from the chemo. Around midnight I started feeling better and by this morning I was in real good shape. The cookout was fabulous and the food was second to none. I especially enjoyed the ribs that ropesfish prepared and some of the specialty dishes prepared by those attending the event. Thank You all for the great time and a wonderful feast. I never saw so many people at one of our cookouts. The auctions went very well and the raffle was huge. More later. Here are some photos.

Oops, I didn't realize the camera was set on such large photos. I'll have to post a few and reduce the size when I get back home. The photos take a long time to post when they are very large. This laptop is not setup for the reduction and it also takes forever. I will post some now and when I reach the limit I will just have to stop.

Look at this crowd. This is just one small section of the seating area.

The vendors all seemed to be doing very well. There were more items than I could count up for sale.

There were so many raffle prizes that it was impossible to keep track of them. As usual, Kellyco was a major supplier of a raffle prize of a $500 gift certificate and I believe also as a sponsor of the cookout. There were other very impressive raffle prizes. I bought 20 of the losing tickets so that others could get to the winning tickets. They did very well. Penn wood Lodge was also a great contributor with a hotel gift certificate. As I said, I could not keep up with the raffle and many very impressive prizes got by me. If you have some photos or want to acknowledge your prize feel free to post them here. We like photos, especially of the cookouts. I saw many cameras going and expect to see many more photos posted.

Captain Martin Bayerte was signing his book and other very well known Treasure Hunters were also enjoying the day of food, drink and a spectacular time with many old and new friends.

I'm going to have to stop posting photos. It is taking a very long time to upload them.

There were several of our friends that were noticeably missing. Just a couple were Dell Winders and our founder Tommy Vawter just to mention a couple. Money and some other support were collected and Ivan Sails donated a nice piece of jewelry that was auctioned off to help Dell with some very high health bills and other needed items. Thank You very much, Ivan. Several of us are planning on taking a cookout to Dell's house one day soon to try to help out with some yard work and whatever else Dell might need. I know from being injured and confined in a wheelchair for 2 1/2 years that work around the house and yard can get impossible to keep up with. In Dells condition we need to pitch in and do what we can. Dell has been my friend for about 10 years. I truly missed seeing him at the cookout along with his beautiful wife, Trudy.

Many prayers and well wishes come to Dell and Trudy from the people attending the cookout. Hopefully health will return and bring our friends back to us. And a special Thank You to everyone who has helped Dell and with pulling off the best cookout ever and to those who fixed all of that fabulous food. And, we must not forget Aquanut's constant support and untiring dedication to keeping the cookout running smoothly. He put in a very hard day of work and it is greatly appreciated/ Thanks Again John.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17888

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I woke up at about 4:00 A.M. and was thinking of those great ribs. I had a couple in the fridge and decided to get up and have breakfast. Two hours later and I have had ribs, cereal with a banana, apple pie with a glass of milk, pudding, a slice of pizza, and a coke. Breakfast of champions! Sorry, no beer or Rum, the doctors won't let me have anything that has alcohol in it. Not even mouthwash. It's something about reacting with some of the new medications I am on.

Okay, it is about 6:20 and getting light outside. I may run down to the beach and do a little detecting and possibly drown some bait to see if the local sharks are ready for breakfast yet. Yup, I am feeling much more like myself again. Maybe I can add a little weight or at the least, hold on to what I have now.

Yesterdays cookout was great and I had a terrific time seeing so many old friends and meeting so many new ones. I have been looking at some of the photos I have in the computer and am amazed at the size of the crowd that was attending. Man, that was a lot of people. I think it is time to run down to the beach and see what's going on in the sandpit. I have a lot of detectors and half a dozen fishing rods and my big (oversized) tackle box. I am feeling very good this morning and want to get going at whatever I can do today. Like the man said, "Let's go do something, even if it's wrong." It beats sitting here and watching the world go by. Time to saddle up and move out. Maybe I can post some fish photos later, who knows!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 3 weeks ago #17891

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Fishing score; WhiteFeather; Zero so the fish win. Also WhiteFeather zero finds along the beach but it was fun and after talking to the wife I decided to head home around noon instead of staying another day or two. Her blood pressure was way up again and I didn't feel comfortable leaving her at home alone for another two days. There will be other days when I can go to the beach and detect. I just don't feel comfortable when she is having blood pressure issues and I am out of town. It is 11:45 Sunday night and I am just getting the computer going so I have a lot of photos to go through. I uploaded the entire camera full of pictures and went through deleting all of the blurry shots and shots of nothing that was identifiable. Pictures of things like my feet, the trees, my nose and things like that. I am tired so going through the rest will have to wait until tomorrow when I get back from the shop.

John and I went to work early to clean up the pavilion and load his SUV and my truck. Then I took off to the beach, had breakfast and fished a little while. I stopped by the treasure museum as I do every time I get up that way and, after talking to the wife, I headed home.

Always leave an area in as good or better condition than when you arrived.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17894

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I just got word that President Trump just signed into effect last night that May 1st is the very first "Vietnam War Veterans Day". That is great. All these years and we finally get a day to remember those who fought and those who died fighting in southeast Asia. I mean we do have Veterans day but not one set aside just for Vietnam Veterans. Over 9 million vets served in Vietnam.

Thank You, President Trump.

And Thank All of You Vietnam War Veterans on this, our very first Vietnam War Veterans Day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17895

• Junior Treasure Hunter
Congrats, now yhere ony rermains Korea.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17897

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Korea, was never declared as being a war, so it doesn't count..

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17898

• Junior Treasure Hunter
your correct Dell. it ia only a truce, n ever ended.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17899

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today's chemo was pretty easy. No serious aftereffects and no sick feeling when I ate. I worked on removing the Mustang's brakes and getting it cleaned up for new shoes and pads. The old shoes were mounted wrong but they were working. I fail to understand how some idiots get away with things like this. Installing parts that are wrong, are mounted wrong or are just plain carelessly misaligned could be a dangerous situation and cause injury or even get someone killed. I realize that we all had to learn but it is usually under supervision or with an instructor who checks your work behind you. I went through several mechanics schools, military training on everything from small jeeps to 5 ton duce and a halves, wreckers and everything short of tanks to small fixed wing bird dogs to the latest helicopters and even up to 5th echelon turbine repair. And that was before I was allowed to pick up a wrench in a shop. I grew up working on everything mechanical at my Dad's shop where he had a complete service department along with a very advanced paint and body shop staffed with some of the best paint and body men in the business. Even there I had regular mechanics who were assigned to double check my repairs before it was turned over to the customer. I did the exact same thing when I opened my first shop and had a new mechanic come to work for me. He had to prove himself before he ever was turned loose with a customer's vehicle. When I went to work and got my certification as an explosives technician I was supervised for a long time and even after I started being the supervisor myself I was checked out by the owner, the other techs and even the State inspectors. How would it look if I was handed a fistful of dynamite and blasting caps and turned loose on a job? It wouldn't look to good if I had installed a main rotor on a helicopter and forgot to tighten the Jesus nut. For those who don't know, the Jesus nut is the top nut on the rotor assembly that is torqued to something like 555 ft/lbs and safety wired. It holds the rotor on, that's all it does. If it ever came loose you can figure out how it got it's name. I have done a lot of jobs and earned a lot of certifications over the years. I hope I have never done something stupid enough to get someone hurt or killed because of my ignorance. Sorry, I worked hard long hours to get certifications and learn what I was doing and when I find something like this it just gets to me and I tend to get upset about it. That could have ended badly but luckily it didn't and the brakes worked. I let the owner know and she said that was the third time that same garage had returned her car with a problem. They usually took it back and repaired the problem but she isn't going to use that garage any more.

Oh well, I am watching a movie and doing this at the same time so I am going to get some rest and turn this thing off for the night.

There was a lot of very beautiful artwork at the cookout. Mischievous Mermaid had some very detailed and beautiful pieces. I do a lot of artwork and can really appreciate something with as much detail that it took on her work. Awesome job my Friend.

Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17900

• Junior Treasure Hunter

Russ, yes, you did hold the life of the pilot in your wrench, and we welcomed you in the air force That's why we hold an elaborate prefight check because some do make mistakes.'and there are a hell of a lot of parts that need to work and correctly I often treated my mech to a special dinner to show my appreciation.

After the war I appreciated them even more since I was flying low and slow, no time for corrective action.

Yes I take my hat of to the loyal, competent unsung mechanics

.Front row, third from left.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by 1767.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #17901

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
Thank you so much for noticing and appreciating...Perhaps you can photograph and post some of your work...I'd love to see it...Thanks, again...Mischievous Mermaid.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate