Welcome, Guest
(73 Viewing)  (72) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 23 hours ago #17902

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 61
Russell,
Your photos are 28"x36". No wonder they take so long to load!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 20 hours ago #17903

• NOW ONLINE
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 16
MU APOLOGIZES rUSS. i DIDN'T [PY ATTMNTIOM.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 17 hours ago #17904

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 239
:lol: Thanks John, I'll have to reduce them as soon as I can. It does make for a nice zoom in resolution though, doesn't it? I have to look into why this stupid camera keeps doing this. I set it for 3 X 5 and this is what I got. :S

I went to work at the shop a while and got the front brakes done and the wheels put back on before I started hurting from sitting bent over and stretching my back in a very uncomfortable position. I just could not keep working and went off to get some supplies and let my back rest a while. When I got back to the shop I still was hurting to much to keep working so I just packed it in and went home. I have to know when to quit before I get to the point of doing more damage than healing. The car will still be there tomorrow and as long as I don't overdo it, I will too. :lol:

I also picked up some materials for one of the boats that I am working on. I need to get the transom job done also. I have the Hatterass to get back on and finish getting the engines done so we can launch it. Lots of work and an un-co-operative back. I also have a truck that is making a lot of noise all of a sudden. I think it may be a relay sticking that controls the air pollution blower. Luckily it is on the top of the engine and not to difficult to get to. I'll have a look at it tomorrow and see if I can get to it myself or if I will have to have Joe or John replace it. Contortions are a bit out of my realm of doing right now. I still hate to ask someone to do something that I have been doing myself for 55 or 60 years. I just have to get used to having to hire someone to do some of the work I have been doing all my life until I get back on my feet and can do it without hurting myself. One day at a time....
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 17 hours ago #17905

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
M.M., I'll have to go through some of my work and post a few in a few days. I was just looking and a couple of my files are saying that the connection has been lost or is unavailable. One asked me to insert disc #223. I have no idea of what that was. Meantime, I have to look through whatever I can dig up and I'll get them on here.

Okay, I have found a file on this computer of some of my signs and other work. For a few years I traveled around the country with my truck and camper painting signs, wall murals and all sorts of advertising for any businesses, boats, trucks and such. I also painted many paintings that I often sold at flea markets and from my Dad's front yard while I was confined to a wheelchair for about2 1/2 years. Painting while sitting in the front yard in my chair I managed to sell quite a few paintings to help pay bills and pay tuition. I continued my education while in the wheelchair and the income from painting was very much needed. I'll try to put a few signs, boat lettering or whatever I can get to load.

This one is on Marathon

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This boat was in Panama City, FL

Another boat lettering

This boat was named "Underwater Demolition Man" . It is also my wife's favorite painting and I did one in oils for her. I have a lot of oil paintings around the east coast. They sold very well when I could not find signs to paint.

This was the back of my camper that I traveled with. The little blue sign said "Help send a girl to boys town"

I have many hundreds of other signs, murals and oil paintings. When you are painting for profit it takes a lot of self control to keep painting something when you are not really interested in the subject. That's where the work takes over the pleasure of painting.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 16 hours ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 3 hours ago #17906

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 39
Great pics...good work. I have painted large things and murals, but I prefer small. I know what you mean about painting things for profit that really don't interest you. That applies to jewelry making, too. If I have to tailor my product too far from my liking, it gets old pretty fast. But, I just keep trying...you know how it is.....Thanks, keep in touch...MM

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #17907

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today was an all around good day in spite of this nagging backache. I expect that it will be a problem for some time if not for the rest of my life. But at least it is something I can learn to live with and tolerate with a little pain management or pain medication. I really don't like taking pills and such but if it will get me back to full working capabilities. I need to be able to work just to play. Makes sense to me.

I worked a while on the Mustang and switched to the Boston Whaler and went after the damage on the transom. It is coming along pretty good. Most of the hard work is done except for the bottom damage. I am going to have to get the boat off of the trailer and either inside the shop or cover it with a tarp outside. I don't think I can handle the direct sunlight heat that is coming. I am hearing the weather guesser say that mid to upper 80's and possibly into the 90's this coming week.

Tomorrow I have the owner of the Whaler coming by to give me a hand with the boat. I think that between the two of us we can get it unloaded inside the shop. That will be a big help. Somewhere on deck the Whaler has a crack that is allowing the rain water to go into the hull. That was how I spotted the leak and eventually found the holes in the bottom. I need to drain and dry out the hull before sealing it. Once it is sealed it will either stay dry or stay wet. Wet is not good. It should be dry without any holes, cracks or damaged fiberglass. :lol:

I went to heat up some liver and onions for lunch at the shop and the microwave was not working. So, I had to change to my appliance repairman mode and fix it. It turned out to be a bad ground and was even fairly easy to find. Needless to say I had a nice liver and onion lunch with asparagus and Hollandaise sauce and mashed potatoes and liver gravy. Man, that was good!

Here's my broken microwave being repaired. Luckily it was just a loose ground and I pinned it down pretty quick.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #17909

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I caught up with the guy that owes me for the engines. The engines have been laying out on the ground with torn up tarps on them for three months. Worthless shredded tarps that let every drop of rain on and into the engines. This is what he called protecting my engines.

I tried to explain that even just being uncovered was detrimental to the inside of the engines because even the salt air will penetrate the engines through the intake and every other open entry or exhaust port in the block. I just couldn't get through to him. He kept saying that the engines would be fine just sitting on the ground. I finally told him that I didn't care what he thought because until he paid for them he was going to do it my way. After he owns them he can mistreat them any way he wants. I also said that I will not guarantee them in that condition because I have no idea of how much water got into them nor how much damage was done by the rust that can form on interior parts from just sitting. The guy is dense. It has been raining here for the last few days and it rained hard last night. I am going to go get the engines and take them back to my shop so I can open them up and check the cranks and cylinder walls for rust or water intrusion into the pans. An engine left out in the weather and not able to run to burn off the condensation will seize up if left long enough. There was not even a suitable cover over them. I was furious that he said something about them being under warrantee and I said they were in good running condition "so what's the problem?". I can't believe someone can be so downright stupid.

One engine does not even have valve covers on it and is uncovered. The rain just yesterday could have been enough to damage it if it is not cleaned out and dried. Sorry Guys and Gals but this sort of stupidity really gets me riled up. If he gets those engines put in the boat and runs them without checking them and cleaning and oiling where it is needed they could burn up in a few short hours and then the idiot is going to want me to back them up or replace them.

This is the one without valve covers that was left open to the weather without being covered. What would you do? He still owes me $2,000 on this rebuild.

What would you do if you were in my situation? I think I should take the engines back and go through them, double check everything, Bench run both of them for three or four hours and let them sit in the shop until they are paid for in full and then let him do the installation and just walk away. I will not guarantee something that has been treated with this much disregard for the normal handling and care of new engines. You do NOT leave newly rebuilt engines lay out in the rain and salt air and expect them to run like new when you finally do put them into a boat.

The carb was not even bolted down. Water could run down inside the air filter and right into the engine. Granted, maybe just a little, but even a little is way to much.

Do I see rust down inside that intake? You bet your bippy, I do. I pulled the dipstick but saw nothing on it. No oil, no water. Oil? No oil in the engine, none, not a drop. How can the oil help protect the engine from the wet salt air if there is no oil in the engine to begin with?

I can't do it tomorrow because I have a lady coming to the shop to have her grill replaced on her car but I will be at the boat on Monday or Tuesday after chemo to pick up the engines and take them to the shop. Then, if he wants them back he can pay the money he owes and come and get them. I am also supposed to repair the swim platform for him so he can put the boat in the water and have the engines lifted into it. I don't think so. Not until I have the time to check them out and get my money first.

Okay, so what else is going on? Oh yeah, he also wants me to repair the holes at the swim platform so it will float. He has sunk this boat twice since I sold it to him. He thinks it is a submarine I suppose. I need to get my money and get away from this guy and his family. He keeps blaming the lack of money to pay me on his father. I doubt that he even knows what he is talking about there either.

Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #17913

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Oops, wrong button. Again!. I may as well post a photo or two in here.

Pirates one and all!

Start-um young. The younger, the better!

Just be careful where you park your treasure ship.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #17914

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 64
Russ I'm surprised you let him have the engines without paying. If it were me, I would want cash before they even left the shop. You better get your money from him before it's too late. It sounds like he doesn't have a clue on how to maintain a boat or motor.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #17915

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) You know this guy, Pete. He had bought things from me before. He always paid although it would take some time. I opted to help him or he couldn't afford this boat and engines, This time he just walked out and never called back. I had to run him down and now he is blaming his Dad for not paying up. I don't care who pays for the engines and work but I aim to get the money or the engines. He may think he has the upper hand but I have no qualms about whatever I have to do to get the money or engine. What is that saying, "Never underestimate an old man with a DD-214 and an attitude". :angry: I already have one engine in the trailer ready to go into the shop. Give me a call tomorrow and I'll fill you in. I have a car to work on around noon or so. I'll be at the shop. I can't say to much on here but you know I will do what is necessary. I'll bend over backwards to help someone but don't ever try to steal from me. This guy has sorely mistaken help for stupidity or fear. I guarantee I have no fear of anything. We won't mention stupidity. :lol:

As for not having a clue about how to maintain, treat or own a boat and engines you hit it right on the head. They have already totally destroyed the boat's other engine and sunk it to the point of getting water in the engine twice. The boat has a lot of water damage in the wiring and engine room wiring and mechanical components. I tried to help him but he thinks his father knows more when he is as boat illiterate as one could be. He also has the incorrect impression that he knows more about engines and boats than I do because he looks things up on the internet. That in it's self is stupid. You can learn just enough there to destroy your boat before you find out that the person on the other end of the computer is a bigger idiot that he is. Who would say it was alright to leave ENGINES sit out in the weather without oil and without a cover? And what kind of idiot does it take to believe that? He told me one time that, "The engine was only knocking for a little while so we drove it back. The knock was not real loud so it should be alright and just need an oil change." How can you deal with that kind of reasoning? Every time that engine rotates and knocks it is doing damage internally. A knock says to shut down right now. Get help and get it fixed. Not see how far it will go without blowing apart or throwing a rod or dropping a valve. I understand that anyone can have an engine fail but most have the common sense to stop before they send the cost to repair one through the roof. Sometimes. Sometimes you don't get a warning and the engine will destroy it's self in seconds. Yup, it will do that but why push an engine that is already telling you that there is a real bad situation that is going to get a lot worse real fast? That is just stupid.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #17916

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
You can't fix stupid. Pick up the engines. Then tell him you are going to sell them as soon as you get them to the shop. See what happens then!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #17917

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:) That was exactly what I was thinking. If he doesn't come up with the money real fast I do have someone who will give me full price of what I was asking in the first place. I may just go get them without even letting anyone know. Less drama that way. They are both within reach of my equipment just by backing up to them and running my cable out the back of the trailer. I have been patient for three months and am tired of nothing but excuses and delays. I will never trust anyone to take another sale or job out of the shop until it is paid for again. I am getting to old and tired for all this chasing idiots and trying to recover my money or whatever it is that they have. Yup, maybe it's repo-time. $2,000 is not a loss I can handle right now. If he sets the boat in the water and it sinks again I will lose everything. He will never pay for engines he has destroyed and are sitting in 10 feet of water........ Again. :ohmy: :angry:

First I have to go to the shop and get this grill repaired and empty the covered wagon so I can run it over to the marina. I was going to repair the boat transom for him at a very reduced rate but I think I'll wait until he can afford it. He was complaining about how much the marina is charging. If he can't afford a boat he should go buy a bicycle and fishing pole.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 3 days ago #17918

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 39
Do it my friend...

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 3 days ago #17919

• Salvor6
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 64
Ya, I know the guy you are talking about Russ. I met him. What he really needs is a jon boat and outboard. If a small outboard sinks you can still save it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 3 days ago #17920

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: I unloaded the engine I picked up down at the marina and got it into the shop. Then the lady that hit my truck last weekend stopped by and I repaired her grill. Then I decided to call it a day and headed home to chill out and let my back stop hurting. The engine I picked up was run low on oil and had a knock in it and the guy wants me to fix it so he can sell it to get some money back on his rebuilds. I think I'll look into it and if it is repairable I will just repair it and sell it to recoup some of the money he owes me. I told him that there is no guarantee or warrantee on either engine since he left them lay out in the rain uncovered for possibly three months. He still thinks he is entitled to a guarantee if they blow apart. WRONG ANSWER, THEY WERE LEFT OUT IN THE RAIN WITHOUT COVERS OR PROTECTION OF ANY KIND. I GUARANTEE NO ENGINE UNLESS I GO THROUGH IT AFTER IT IS MIS-TREATED LIKE THESE WERE. BRING THEM BACK TO THE SHOP FOR INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION THAT NOTHING IS WRONG OR TAKE THEM "AS IS, WHERE IS" NO GUARANTEES! These 305 Mercruisers are in high demand right now and this one has all of the bells and whistles to be a great sale item. It could fetch around $1,500 to $2,000 with all of the goodies on it and running right. It would cause me a little work but I could still make a few dollars. The carb I have for it is a 750 CFM double pumper Holly. that I paid $750 for a couple of years ago. They still demand a pretty high sale price. I also have a great running Quadrajet carburetor that would do nicely on that engine. I also have extra cranks, cams, heads, pistons, a couple of blocks and even some of the gaskets I would need to rebuild it if it needs it. Meantime, I may just keep after him and take whatever I can get and decide after I see what he does with the money he owes now. I could still go down the marina and block his getting the boat back in the water. I know the marina owner and he would put a hold on the boat if he knew the guy still owed me for the engines. That would also run up his marina bill by having the boat sit until the bills are all paid before launching it. That is standard procedure at all marinas. No pay, no splash. The bill just keeps going up until you either pay up or can no longer afford the boat bills. Then you stand a good chance of losing your boat. I have had a marina charge me for holding my boat in the wrong section of the marina while I was touring Mexico. It was supposed to be put in long term storage and they put it in the maintenance area which was three times the cost. Instead of costing me $15 Day it was $45 a day for three months. With all the other charges my bill was $4,850 plus extras for moving the boat again when we got ready to launch. You don't want to mess with these marinas. They are the only place where piracy is still practiced and legal.

I had a time getting the engine up over the little two inch step at the doorway. I had to hook into the overhead rafters to get enough lift to get up over the step. For now the engine is hanging on the engine hoist until I get back and can set it on the work bench and tear it down to see how it looks inside. It turns by hand freely and does not knock or hang up so it may just need some mains or rod bearings. If the crank is damaged I have two more in the shop and lots of other parts. I'll chill on it for a few days and see what comes up. Meantime I have to get my aching back and side to the doctor tomorrow and check in for another chemo on Tuesday. It's never dull around here.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 3 days ago #17922

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Damn, I thought you hung yourself in that one picture! LOL

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 3 days ago #17923

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: I hope things never reach that point, John. I know this chemo and cancer are real bad but I have been a fighter all my life and do not intend to change now.

I have to run to the VA in St Pete shortly and may well be there all day trying to get meds resupplied and others started. I have to run to the Bradenton Cancer center to get a couple of scripts written and hand carry them with me. I hate the constant trips to St Pete. They often last most if not all day and my truck really sucks up some gas. If I take Sherene's car she is on the phone 20 times to make sure it is running right and I am not sitting somewhere broke down. It has never broke down yet but she is constantly worried. I guess that's because I built it and she has no confidence in my building a car. Who knows. I had to replace the windshield washer reservoir this morning and fill it. The work never ends.

Okay, it is time to run to the cancer center and get my scripts written and head for St Pete. Catch Y'All later.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 2 days ago #17924

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Having trouble with my computer. I am just testing it to see if the problem is in my wireless system. I am now on my hardline to check out if I can post. The wireless will not let me post. :ohmy:

Okay, that seems to work. Now I have to figure out why the wireless will not work. I hate computers. My back is killing me and I can not sit back here at my desk to write just now. I'm going to try the wireless again.

Okay, the hardline is unplugged. Let's see if it works again.

Okay, now I'll try a photo and then go back to the living room wireless.

Okay, that worked. Now back to the living room and my comfortable couch. Be back....... I hope.

Nope, That's where I lost the connection and the computer went to some kind of lost page and unavailable rhetoric and loses the connection completely. Back to the drawing board. I'll be back when I figure this out. I need the wireless or I will just have to run a hardline in the morning to the front room. I am still hurting to much to even think about it tonight.

I'll try rebooting the router and see if that works before shooting holes in the computer. Maybe it is the Spectrum system again. I hate computers!

Okay, I am back in the living room and have shut down the wifi and rebooted the router. Now, will it post? Here goes again. Okay, that worked. Now, will it post a photo? One more try.

Okay, I am back to having a working pooter. Now maybe I can get something written and posted without having to shoot holes in my laptop. Now I can go back and try to rewrite all of todays events that were lost when I hit the Submit button two hours ago before trying to fix something that I know nothing about. At least I can look back to find out what it took to fix the problem when it happens again.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 2 days ago #17925

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( This is the way my entire day has been going. I went to the cancer center to get a couple of scripts for my pain meds that had run out last Friday. I had forgot to renew them before chemo and let myself run out of both pain meds. Over the weekend I came to know what real pain was again. I hurt so bad by this morning that I was ready to slug the first person that crossed my path. I have been hurting pretty bad on a regular basis but this was something else altogether. I thought the pain meds were just keeping the pain spikes from hurting when I got those spikes and they just took the edge off of the regular pain. WRONG ANSWER!!! By this morning the entire amount of pain meds were out of my system and I got to enjoy the full force of the real pain I have in my back and side. I had no idea of the real ability of what the pain meds are controlling. I have not hurt like this in a very long time. It was entirely my fault because I thought I could handle the pain for a few days and didn't get them renewed Friday. I thought I can handle this little bit of pain until I get the meds renewed on Monday. Don't ever make that mistake. Now I know what they really do and I will never run out of them again. Just call me that idiot in pain that thinks he is another superman and found out he is not. I never want to make that mistake again.

Okay, now that we know that "I are idiot" we can go on with getting some of this work done and out of the shop. I have another little repair heading for the shop but I will have to inspect it first. A lady said that her daughter's car was in a little fender bender and needs the hood fixed and "maybe" the grill could be fixed too. That is kind of sketchy at best and I never trust someone to estimate their own job. If they could do that they can go open their own shop and become a body man. Nope, I are really not interested in seeing how any stupid mistakes I can make in one week. I have made enough for this month already.

Okay, my mind is still recovering from todays fiasco and I am having trouble concentrating and even thinking. I had best get off this thing and get some rest. I need to get some bottom time in soon to start getting back in shape for diving after I get these boats. I aim to get both of them and start getting out on the water as soon as I can. It's time for to go treasure hunting again. Just don't forget the pain meds. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 2 days ago #17929

• NOW ONLINE
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 16
Russ, you said
I know this chemo and cancer are real bad but I have been a fighter all my life and do not intend to change now.
DON'T
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather
Moderators: LobsterPirate