Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(141 Viewing)  (141) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 6 days ago #17940

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 291
B) Thank You, My Friend, I will never give up nor quit because I am in a lot of pain. I intend to get through this around the end of June and go to visit my Dad up in Baltimore and then hit the waves again and do some serious treasure diving, fishing and plain old cruising aboard my sailboat. Look for some serious results come the end of July and from then on. :woohoo:

Despite feeling a bit under the weather I am doing much better today. I just look like I am falling into disrepair. I took this photo a couple of hours ago. Yeah, I have lost a ton of weight but I can deal with that for now. It will be better when I stop the treatments and start gaining weight.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I think what happened at the shop was that my blood pressure dropped suddenly and I wasn't paying attention. I usually keep a pretty close watch on my blood pressure as an indicator when I get to feeling tired. Low blood pressure makes you feel washed out and weak. It also will make you unsteady or lessen your ability to walk and can cause other problems. I just checked it and I don't think that 90/60 is working blood pressure. That is why I was feeling run down and so tired.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 7 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 6 days ago #17941

• Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 27
Russ, that will do it low oxygen and nutrients.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 6 days ago #17943

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:ohmy: Yup, I have had this sort of drop in blood pressure before. It should have occurred to me when it first hit. I just have to let it go back up before starting anything strenuous or requiring much stamina. It will clear in a day at most and the blood pressure will go back up to normal.

Okay. I am sitting here having another bowl of bacon and beans. The wife likes lima beans with ham or pork chops but none were thawed out so she threw a pack of bacon in the pot with a bag of lima beans. That should have enough salt content to raise the blood pressure of a gorilla. I just need to get the wife to stay out of it. Her blood pressure does not need a boost. Hers is to high and mine is to low. Great combination, huh?

I have to give Dad a call. Today is his birthday and if they light all his candles it will start the Great Baltimore Fire. I have to call and warn my step-mother to hide the lighter and matches. He is in better shape than I am. We talked a little while around lunch time. We will have another party when Sherene and I get up there in July.

I Love You, Dad! See you in July!

Last Edit: 7 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 5 days ago #17944

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:) Blood Pressure this morning is reading 172/74, back in the safe range and I have been up feeding Atty and getting ready to head to the shop. The wife is fixing some French fries with gravy. I had breakfast about three hours ago. I do have another blood evaluation at 11:30 at the Bradenton VA. I will have to watch the time because these tests in the middle of the day tend to get forgotten when I am working. I never have been a clock watcher and "Time is fun when you're having flies."

I have a lot to do at the shop but I think I am going to the marina where the boats are and talk to the owner about the guy that owes me that money and see that he does not launch the boat until I get paid or he works out an acceptable payment plan. Something like 100% down and no payments until Key West freezes over. I am tired of having to chase idiots to get what they promised me.

I am working on some oil paintings in my spare time. Actually, that time is when I am sitting here and usually watch the idiot box. I find that painting and drawing helps me to relax and work on my hand/eye coordination. I tried to get a few photos of the canvas layouts. I will work on several oil paintings at the same time. Reason being is that oils take a long time to start setting. I also have acrylics and watercolors but would rather these be genuine oil paintings. In college I made extra money doing copies of some old famous paintings for some of the staff. One of the best selling were copies of some Gauguin paintings. They were also in a style that I find very easy to reproduce. I also did a few couch size paintings that were special orders of selected subject matter. . They tend to get very expensive but I know there are 5 or 6 out there. Anyhow, here are a few photos of the start of a few oil paintings.

Sorry for the washed out area of the drawing but it should give an idea of what the base plan is. As you can see, I have a serious oil painting set that goes way back. What you see in the photo is just a small amount of my oil painting sets. I also use watercolors and acrylics. The subject matter on this one is going to be one along the line of pirates burying treasure. I saw one something in an old book many eons ago. It has always stuck in my mind as something I would like to do someday. Well, maybe sometime is here.

Like I said about starting several at once, here is another drawing that is being reworked and sketched out. As I become more satisfied with the drawing I will start painting on them. I also have several ideas that will get started over the next few weeks.

I am going to try to keep to the treasure hunting subject and like that. Maybe something a little more up to date like treasure recovery or diving for treasure. Metal detecting might also be something that would do well here or at the cookout next year. I can do several in a year and even take orders for specific subject or paintings with special interest items in them. I can put whatever you would like in a painting. These two just happen to be around 18 X 22 or close to that. I will be starting others that will be both larger and smaller and may also do some that require two or even three separate canvases. I may also paint a few couch size paintings.

This will also help me to rest and relax when I am home and may even keep me home a bit more when I know I should be resting. Lifting a canvas beats lifting engines and heavy parts.

This is one of my paint kits. I have several with complete setups for oils, watercolors and acrylics. They all require different techniques and setups when it is time to sling paint. :woohoo: Okay, enough goofing off for this morning. Time to get going. :lol:

Last Edit: 7 months 5 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 5 days ago #17945

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I wasn't at the shop very long today. I only got there around 12:45 and left at 2:00 because my lower right side was getting very painful right below the ribcage and I could hardly stand up. I think there is something going on back there so I called one of my doctors to make an appointment to see him as soon as possible. I have been having a lot of issues with that area and they have already checked it a few times with MRI, CT scan, ultrasound and x-rays. They have found absolutely nothing that would cause pain or discomfort. I don't care what they have not found, there is something wrong and it is getting worse all the time. They pulled 6 blood draws for testing today and I hope they can find out what is going on.

Other than that it was a short but painful day so I am sitting on the recliner and having all sorts of food and drink. No RUM though. I miss my Morgan and Coke once in a while. I still have a full gallon bottle of Morgan at the shop for when this is over. Once the doctors let me off chemo I am going to have a well deserved Morgan and Coke. I may even have two! :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 4 days ago #17946

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
Go White Feather!!......MM

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 4 days ago #17947

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: Ahoy Tommy, I managed to find a password that worked and I changed it once I got back aboard. Thanks for your help.

Okay, today I went to the shop and got the covered wagon loaded with my heavy lifting equipment and a whole bunch of tools and other things that I'll need to go get some engines and other stuff. The new system is working great and I can lift or drag almost anything into the trailer with very little effort. I just push a button and the winch drags whatever is hooked to it right into the trailer. I loaded the engine hoist and a workbench at the same time with no more than a slight pressure on the button of the winch controller. It is wireless and I can activate it from any where up to about 50 feet from the covered wagon. That is a nice system.

I got to the marina where I have to work on a couple of engines and the marina had dropped a sailboat right in the way and I can't get the trailer into the space between the boats until the sailboat is launched Monday or Tuesday. It figures! The hurrier I work the behinder I get.

The trailer is supposed to go between these two boats as far back as I can get it. BUT they dropped this boat right in the way. No way to get the trailer up to the job.

:woohoo: I had a good day although it was a bit painful at times. This lower right back pain is something new. I called the VA to get an appointment to get it checked out and the doctor at the VA said it is because of the chemo and he doesn't think it would do any good for him to see me. How is that for an answer? No exam, no questions and no tests to see if it could be a kidney, liver or gall bladder problem. "Oh, it's just from the chemo but he did offer to send me to pain management. I am already on more pain meds than I am comfortable being on. He wanted to send me for more. That's nuts! No wonder so many Vets die under VA care. These fools just want to cover up the pain and to hell with whatever is causing it. I thought you had to find out what was causing the pain and then treat it and not just the pain. Pain is a warning that something is wrong. Pay attention to it. Find the source and treat it and the pain will go away. Not the VA, cover it up until it sneaks up and kills you. What a bunch of idiots. I'll go to the cancer center and see what their opinion is and what they do about it. I doubt that more pain meds is the answer.

Here is the space where I want the covered wagon from the other end. It is a bit tight to get into from the back so I have to back in from the front so I can open the doors and side doors to run my fans and do the lifting. I may still try to get in there if they move the boat in the next day or two. I need to get these engines loaded and locked up. I also have to do a serious inventory of what parts are there and what, if anything, is missing.

Last Edit: 7 months 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 4 days ago #17948

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 126
Welcome back my friend!
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 4 days ago #17949

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Thanks Again, Tom, I know it was this new update that caused the problem but it really stumped me when no passwords would work. I hate those updates. They always send my computer into convulsions and mind blowing disaster trips. I have taken days to recover from a short update. It's crazy. The upgrade also slowed the computer down so much that it is ridicules. .
Last Edit: 7 months 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 days ago #17950

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I worked the shop until my back said it was time to stop. That was about 2:00 so I stopped at a local Cuban Roach Coach and took home some tacos. I managed to get the transom a little closer to done and it is almost ready for gelcoat and mounting the engine. I may get it done over the weekend if all goes well but we'll see. I still have to get the boat off the trailer and repair the bottom of the boat. It has holes in the bottom and I need to be able to get under it to do the repairs. Either that or I have to slide it off and roll it up on one side to get to the damaged spots.

After that I have to attend to the trailer. It is broken in half and he just needs another trailer because I don't have the equipment to repair it.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 1 day ago #17963

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, if I find the photos I took of the way the transom looks for now I will post them.

The color match is way off but this is just the first coat and I am not worried about the match just yet. I have to build a back seat and install a bilge pump and also an access door to get to the pump for cleaning and replacement. For now this will do and I have to get the boat off the trailer and turned up on one side so I can fix the holes in the bottom. While the boats off the trailer I'll look into getting another trailer or finding someone who can weld this one so it will be road safe.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 1 day ago #17965

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 117
You need to find a careening spot to tilt the boat over.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 1 day ago #17968

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I think I can slide it off the trailer and roll it to one side without to much trouble. That will also give me a better look at the trailer. Maybe it is not as bad as I thought but after fixing several dozen of them I am pretty good at estimating what they need. It would be a surprise to find it was easier to fix than I think. :S I think I could set it next to the new boat and run my ropes over the new one and roll it up on the side without to much trouble. The damage is on the starboard side near the back. It should be easy to fix once I get to it. We'll see what it looks like lying on it's side.

Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 22 hours ago #17971

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I have to stay at home for a few hours so I can be here for the cable guy. They installed a new system Friday and got it wrong. Now the wife has no controller in the bedroom where she watches TV when her blood pressure is acting up. I usually watch in the evenings here on the recliner. They also dropped about a dozen channels with the downgrade off of the DVR's that were formally here. We never used them and I see no reason to keep paying for three systems. He also told the wife that we would have to go buy universal controllers because they were not supplied and he removed the channel changers we already had. Yeah, there was a third system in the guest room that was never used. So, I ordered a downgrade to just the two regular systems with internet. It cut my bill almost in half. It dropped from $195 to $125 . When I got home I was fit to be tied and got on the phone with Spectrum and insisted that they get someone back here to repair the damages he did to the system and to bring two controllers with him. They said that they would express mail two of them right out. Another stall tactic. Why can't the cable guy bring them like he was supposed to do in the first place. So, I am stuck here at home until I get this fixed. The wife was here before but did not know anything about their bundle system and how to get the few channels she watches. If she has to lose her ladies network and her soapy operas she would get very testy and take it out on me. Nope, I can't deal with a crazy woman who would be in a very bad mood. I'll get this fixed and go to work. It is nice and quiet and peaceful over there and I can even hear myself thinking about other problems. :lol:

Yup, when I get to the shop I will have to see about getting the door replaced. If I have a lot of distractions from home I could forget that the door is busted and hurt myself trying to raise it again. That is the same door that broke my back about 2 1/2 years ago. That's how long I have been trying to get it replaced. The landlord said that he was replacing all of the doors and I just had to wait until they get to my building. I do see them replacing doors once in a while but it looks like only after a door is damaged beyond repair.

Okay, time to get breakfast over with and get to other things. Let's see, should I go fishing or to work? I'll get the fishing brick out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 20 hours ago #17972

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:S To many choices when the cable company only offers what you want in different packages. To get one thing you have to upgrade to get a dozen other things that you don't want. I have trouble just thinking with all of this chemo going on and they want me to make responsible decisions when it comes to what the wife wants on TV? I can't even decide what I want on TV. I think I'll set an ANCHOR on top of the TV and tell them that I already have what I want on the TV. I know I am computer illiterate already and have no idea of what is going on outside of my little shop. I think I'll head over to the shop and quit trying to be the TV orderer for today. Let the wife order whatever she wants. If these add on channels keep up it will cost more than before I cut back on the cable. The wife only wants the few channels she likes but they are on different packages and you have to keep going up to get them. I think I am heading for the shop. Life is less demanding and confusing over there. I have my sunshade set up and just need to take some drinks and some other snacks. The fridge is getting low and I need to get out of the house before I mess up and order something that I don't need, or want! :P :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 14 hours ago #17973

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, I went to the office and reported the broken door. The landlord picked up the phone and ordered a new door right then. The garage door people said they would replace it as soon as possible and they would call to set it up. I guess that was so I could be there to let them in and unlock the side latch. Now I'll have two easy open doors and I can really like not having to lift 100 pound doors to get into the shop. Two working doors is a lot better than no working doors. :woohoo: :woohoo:

I went to the shop and loaded some fiberglass repair equipment and went down to the marina where the guy's boat is that owes me the money for the engines. I did a little sanding and prep work and the first coat of fiberglass on the damaged area and decided to call it a day. It was very hot out in the direct sun and I was getting overheated. I don't need that. I packed it in as soon as I hit the stage where I could walk away from it. I didn't even stop at the shop and just came right home. Naturally, as I usually do, I forgot my little camera. I want to document everything I do on this boat and the engines. This guy is going to pay up or I am going to put a lien on the boat and engines. The marina is already wanting his boat out of the marina and they want me to store it. I will look into that to see if I could get into trouble over that. He does owe me more than the boat is worth in the condition it is in right now. I will have to look into that side of the problem. It would be easier all around if the guy could just afford to own a boat.

This is what the boat looked like when I owned it. Yeah, I sold it a few years ago and this guy has made a complete wreck out of it. He sunk it twice and had the cabin floor underwater several times. I installed a new A/C system and rebuilt one engine. Now it has no running engines in the boat. It does have an awesome Vortec 350 sitting on the ground behind it that I could install and run. I now have another Vortec 350 sitting in my shop that I can finish rebuilding and drop that in also. Then it would be worth a lot more than the bill on it. Hummmm, I have to think this over.

Oops, wrong photo. I'll see if I can find a shot of the boat I am working on. Okay, I can't find a shot of the Regal but this one of our Sea Ray is very close. The two boats were nearly twins except for the transom gate. The Regal entry was on the right and the Sea Ray was on the left. Otherwise they were nearly identical. I'll try to get the right photo later. It is not in this computer but I may have it on a CD.

I'll get some shots of the Regal tomorrow and show you what I am looking at. The interior is in very good condition.

It would make a nice little cruiser if it had a couple of nice little Perkins diesels in it. But, to get rid of it the high horsepower Vortec's are the way to go. Who, besides me, would want to run slow and travel several thousand miles every year?

I am thinking of taking a couple of days and going detecting and possibly doing a little diving a little way down the coast if I can make the time. I really do need a little break and a rest. I have three dive tanks that are full and need to be emptied. Blowing bubbles is the best way to empty them. Yeah, I think I need to just chill out and go play for a couple of days. If I don't check in that is possibly where I'll be. I have another chemo in the morning and then I have to see when the door is going to be replaced. After that I'll know what I can do.
Last Edit: 7 months 12 hours ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 months 4 weeks ago #17975

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
The doctor said we have beaten the cancer and when this chemo session is over we will be stopping the chemo. He says the Kappa Light Chains have come down to 30 and he feels that they will be under 20 by the end of this session.

B) :woohoo: :lol: Okay, I went to chemo this morning and the doctor called me into his office to discuss last weeks blood work. That really makes me nervous because he could have more testing or stronger treatments to discuss. He sat and looked at the computer screen for what seemed like an hour and turned and said, "Well Russ, it looks like we have beaten the cancer. Your Kappa light chains have dropped to 30 and I feel like they will be below 20 by the end of this session and we can stop the chemo. You will still have to come in for blood work every month until we are positive that it isn't trying to come back but I feel we can stop the chemo and possibly just stay on the cancer drug regimen to be sure.

That is the best news I have heard since this all started. I have three more appointments for chemo in this session and one more Kappa Light Chain evaluation and it will be over. Hopefully, for good.

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers and support and a special Thank You to our Lord for granting those prayers.

I have been beside myself ever since he told me about stopping the chemo early because I have done so well with the treatments. I keep looking at the reports that show the progress and keep me up on all of my blood work. I have every single report ever since this started. The last three reports have shown large improvements but they said I would have ups and downs so I didn't think a whole lot about the numbers coming down rather suddenly and half expected them to spike back up before this was over. I never expected the doctor to say I was doing so well that we would be able to end the chemo sessions early.

All I can say is, THANK YOU LORD, MY GOD AND ALL OF MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE HELPED TO PULL ME THROUGH THIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 months 4 weeks ago #17976

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 126
I am so very happy to hear this news my old friend, well done...
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 months 4 weeks ago #17977

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Russ, I can't express how happy this makes me :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 months 4 weeks ago #17978

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 117
Russ I am so happy for you. I knew you could do it. You're a tough old bird. Now lets get ready to hit the water!
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate