| 
Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(94 Viewing)  (92) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 days ago #17979

• Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 27
Congrats Russ, I know exactly how you feel having gone through it. Check into how powerfil ,mental healing is, Judy amd I went over thiis in the spiritual healing foruin here..
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 days ago #17981

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 267
B) Yes, I follow the topic regularly. I am very excited about the prognosis and that these bone jarring chemo sessions are nearly at an end. I was set to have another month or more if that was what was needed to get this under control. Like I said before, I will do whatever the doctor says because this is the second time he has saved my butt from a serious cancer. The first took surgery and 6 weeks of radiation. This one was so badly involving every part of my body that I was not a candidate for surgery or radiation. Chemo was the only chance I had to even push it into remission for a few years. Hopefully this will do more than push it into remission. I am praying that it can be destroyed completely but knowing that it was brought on by dioxin poisoning I find that scenario very unlikely. Dioxin is in my body forever from the agent orange we were subjected to in Vietnam. I find it believable that the cancer will not be destroyed or even if it is it could be back because of the dioxin in my body. I am very thankful that our prayers have been answered but I will continue to monitor the numbers with the doctor and watch very closely for any change in the indicators that the cancer may be returning. Catch it as early as possible to have the best chance for survival is the only way to go. :woohoo:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 days ago #17982

• Junior Treasure Hunter
now put on some weight, ya look like a scare crow, but cancer does thae. Your' on your way to looking for treasure and fishing ( says I enviousl )_have fun with your well deserved victory

p.s, go easy on the sugar for a while.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by 1767.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 days ago #17983

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 40
Good for you my friend...Mike & Barbara(Mischievous Mermaid)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 days ago #17984

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Mike & MM, I put in a good hard working day today. I unloaded the covered wagon and got it ready to go pick up another big engine in the morning. I managed to also get the first coat of gel on the Boston Whaler. It will need one more good coat and then some little gelcoat dings that may need attention but it is looking pretty good.

The winch system is good but I think I may want a mo' biggah winch. When I was pulling that big 350 up the ramp the winch started smoking but it held out and got the engine slid up the ramp and into the trailer. I also used it to let the engine roll back down the ramp by loading the engine on a wheeled engine stand and used the winch in low range to let out the cable and let the weight of the engine do the work. That was cool, just stand there and push buttons. This winch is only a 2,500 pounder and I think I may need twice that for some of the engines and parts I haul. Dragging a 700 or 800 pound engine across the gravel and up a ramp is hard work for a little winch. I may need to redesign a better system. Nah, just sell everything off and go diving for treasure. That's the ticket! Why am I working on engines? Oh I remember, somebody is into me for a lot of money and I need to have the engines running and ready to install so I can collect the money and close up. That's the ticket!

The Boston Whaler before the first gelcoat.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

First coat of gelcoat.

There are a few blemishes but I'll take care of them before the second coat. Then I got the engine out of the trailer but not without some inventive engineering. I had to load it on an outboard stand with wheels and use the winch to gently let it down the ramp. It worked well but I think I need a bigger winch for engines.

Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 days ago #17985

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I worked on some damage on a boat and loaded another engine into the covered trailer. I'll unload it tomorrow or whenever I can get to the shop. I pulled the dipstick and it was covered with water. Not a good sign. I am really ticked off about these engines. That idiot has left both engines get water in them. The third engine was run without oil and has a knock in it. He said I should just change the oil and it would be good enough to sell of to someone. Sorry Idiot, I don't work that way. If there is something wrong with an engine I fix it or tell the possible buyer what I believe to be wrong. I don't cover up the facts with a lot of B.S. and try to sell something I know will fail very soon. This guy owes me a lot of money and is really trying my patience. I saw today that he has put some bottom paint on his boat. I guess he thinks I am going to fix up the engines and just let him unload that scrap engine off on one of my customers or friends. He also thinks I am going to fix the water in the engines problem and let him have them back. WRONG ANSWER!!! He can have them back when he pays for them. That way I know I'll get the money he owes me. Otherwise, I'll put them up for sale again. It is also going to cost him more for having to tear them down and check for water damage to the crankshafts and other problems. No more Mr. Nice Guy. I have had it with his promising me to show up with my money only to go several more weeks between his broken promises.

The weather down here is getting fierce. It is in the 90's already today and getting hotter by the hour. I have been considering installing a shower in the workshop. (just kidding) Really, the weather here is getting brutal very early this year. It may also be that my body is worn down from all of the chemo and I am just reacting to the higher temperatures with a compromised ability to fend off the heat. Last year I was fine with the heat. I'll just have to take it a little easy and drink lots of RUM? Maybe later, Huh?

Anyhow, I have the last engine in the covered wagon and it is parked here where I can keep an eye on it until I get paid for them.

I saw this idea for a redneck dinner cruiser. I think I'd like to have one of these.

Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 days ago #17986

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 93
Ya Russ, get rid of the engines, get rid of the shop and have some fun for a change!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 days ago #17987

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Pete, I aim to get out of the shop as soon as I can. That means I have to get all of the jobs done and sell off any tools and whatever else I have that will not fit into a single storage unit or in the covered wagon. Only then can I close the shop and do the things I want. The fire at the tire shop was within a stones throw of the shop today.

I weighed in at 142 last Friday. I got on my scale a little while ago and it said 152. I'll have to see what the scale at the doctor's office says in the morning but I think I am gaining on this weight loss. I haven't been in the 150's for quite a while. Of course I have been eating everything in the house for the past week. I want to get back up around the 200 mark. I have been 222 for over 30 years. We'll see what happens when the chemo is stopped. I need to put some muscle back on and not just fat. I need muscle for the type of lifestyle I want to live. Diving and such requires strength and stamina, not just weight from fat.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 day ago #17988

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yup, the weigh in was 152 today. That is an improvement. I also was told by one of the nurses that the doctor can not stop the full 8 sessions and they have to be finished completely. I really don't care how we end this as long as the cancer is gone. I don't want to argue with the nurses so I just let it drop.

I managed to get the Whaler off the trailer and up on one side. When I looked under it I found 7 holes in the bottom. Some are minor but some are really big and deep. Oh well, I just love having to work overhead on fiberglass work. I usually end up wearing half of the fiberglass and resin.

One of many holes in the bottom.

It's going to be a serious repair working overhead. Whatever it takes to get the Whaler back out on the water and floating without filling the hull with water.

Meantime, I am tired and need to get some rest.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 weeks ago #17996

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
This weekend was good. I managed to get a few things done with John's help. Sunday I am afraid that John got most of the workload. The church meeting turned out to be a lot longer than I thought and he had no way to get to the fridge to even get a cold drink. My apologies John. I'll make sure that never happens again. I have another key to the overhead door that is going to be replaced and I'll see that you get it.

I weighed in at 154 today. I have been eating pretty good. John saw that. It isn't like I am eating like a bird but I have been adding a pound here and there. I hope it keeps going up for a while. It looks like I've gained about 13 or 14 ponds in the last 8 or 10 days. I'll have to check in with my folder of test results.

I didn't get any photos because the camera battery has died. I'll get a new one as soon as I can but they are a bit expensive and it may have to wait until payday next week. I may have another camera battery around here someplace, I'll look tomorrow. I can take photos with my phone but the email system won't let me mail them out of the phone to my computer. It's always something. :lol:

I put up my new shade cover Saturday and a storm tore it up that very night. I did manage to get it repaired and it will work even if one leg will not close or adjust for height.

I am going to have to get on the Mustang starting tomorrow. I need the time to get the paint work done before I have to hit the road. I can't let that job wait any longer. I will start on it again in the morning if the weather lets me. It has been raining here for a few hours and we are getting into our rainy season. That also means the hurricane season is almost on us. :woohoo: Fun and excitement! I want to get back to work full time but so far I have only been able to get just past lunch before I have to stop because of the pain level in my spine and lower right side. They still haven't found out what is causing it or what it is. There has to be a reason I am having this much pain in that area. I know, I have several options for the pain but I don't want to cover up the pain, I want to find the cause and heal it, not just deal with the pain level. I'm like a lot of people when it comes to that. If it doesn't hurt you can ignore it or just keep putting it off. You know the theory, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, I tend to put off what I can get along with. Not a good scenario. Not for cancer or internal organ problems. I have to much work lined up and need to get on with it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 weeks ago #17998

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I got to stay at the shop all day today. I was feeling fairly good even when it was time to head home. :woohoo: I figure that I am getting close to getting a good system going that I can just take it a little easy and be able to go the entire day. It seems to be okay as long as I don't try to push myself to hard. I've never been one to slack off on doing work or whatever needs doing but with my health being an issue I feel like I can persuade myself to slow down with the pushing myself to much.

Something just came up. I'll get back here in a short.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 weeks ago #18007

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: I went to the chemo first thing this morning but they had to move my appointment back to 1:15 so I just went to the shop and started having all sorts of fun with whatever got in the way or caught my eye. At 12:45 my alarm went off and I went to the chemo appointment. When I got out I realized how good I was still feeling despite the work day and chemo treatment so I just went back to the shop. I fixed a late lunch and went back to working on engines, boats and , did I say engines? Yup! Okay, I pulled the covered wagon around to the first shop door and got to work setting up new batteries and hooking up a charger to bring them up to snuff for doing some serious engine lifting and moving them around tomorrow. I have something like 9 or10 engines in the shop and a few more outside on boats and another one hidden away. I also have 4 boats that are here for repairs or work of one kind or another. Aquanut's pontoon is here for a new deck and some other work on the pontoons. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be lots of rain so we will hold off on the outside work until we get some nice days and just concentrate on the work I can get done inside. I have some help coming to work on some of the engine problems and a couple need repairs so I can either sell them or start using them.

My F-15 door is still broken and I can not use it to get into the shop. That is a pain because that was my primary work bay. I had to shift everything to the F-16 door to get in and out but the 16 bay was storage and I had to move everything in storage to the work bay and now I have little to no room in either bay. The door people are supposed to be here Thursday. I really need that door replaced as soon as possible or I am going to go crazy with thinking something is where it ain't. :lol:

I felt really good and ended up staying at the shop until 6:45. That's a long work day by any standards. And I still feel pretty good except for a little nagging backache that goes with the territory and the chemo. I haven't had to take as many pain killers over the past week and I think this chemo is gaining ground on the cancer. At least I hope it is. My doctor is very happy about the indicator numbers that also say I am doing much better. I may have only one session left if all stays as it is going. The doctor wanted to take me off the chemo this coming Friday but the cancer center staff said we had to use all of the meds that were requested and that was for 8 three week sessions with IV feeds every Tuesday and Friday, Also once a month I also get a half hour IV that is for helping to build up the bone damage caused by the cancer eating away at my spine. I asked if an extra session would be detrimental to my treatments or to the healthy outcome of the sessions. They said that all it would do if it wasn't needed was to fortify the already strengthened system and would cause no harm. Okay, extra good is also good. To much of a good thing could be bad but I feel like the full 8 sessions would be good. I can't wait to see where the Kappa Light Chains are on the next test. The last drop left them at 30. If they go below 20 it would be awesome. Below 20 indicates that the cancer is gone, I had it in four areas and was a good candidate foe a dirt nap if we couldn't get it under control or pushed into remission. I would rather push it into it's own dirt nap so it might never show up again. If I had to go through 10 more sessions to kill it off I would gladly welcome the opportunity and jump right on it. ALSO, MORE GOOD NEWS OVER THE PAST WEEK.... I have been putting on a few pounds. I checked in at the doctor's office for my weight check and the scale said 155. That is a 14 pound gain in a little over a week. It was gradual so I didn't really take to much notice. It had gone down to 141 a little over a week ago but I have been eating all day and night. I am not sure if it was the chemo or what it was but I will take 155 all day over 141. I want to get back up to around 200 or 220 but will settle for 180 to 200. I am still fairly tall even with the lost 2 inches from the spinal surgery that removed the vertebra when they found the cancer when I broke my back. I am near 6'2" now. My grandson is happy that he is passing grand pop and never forgets to remind me of it. He even marked his height on my kitchen archway to remind me of it. The little Twit!

Well, with my renewed energy and stamina I am looking forward to getting more done at the shop. I hate being run down and tired before the day is half over. Yesterday's long day and today's longer day are encouraging. I'll have to start getting my dive tanks tested and certified for the upcoming season. I still have something like 10 tanks and all but maybe two need hydros. It is time for to play in the water and blow lots of bubbles. :woohoo:

I had best get off this thing and get me water and Gatorade tonic. I want to get a good early start tomorrow and see if the last few days were a fluke or if my energy and stamina are really starting to come back.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18010

• Junior Treasure Hunter
Russ, there are many ways to let you know of a site developing problems. Ypu don't need pain added to your problems.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18011

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Another good day. I went to the shop early because the guy that owes me some money was supposed to be there to help me with some lifting and help me work on some engines and other problems. Naturally as has been his past record of breaking his word on everything, he does it again. No show idiot. I guess he figures he has the upper hand by owing me money but he is in for a rude awakening. I won't get into it here just yet. Why tell someone what you intend to do to ? I think that is like the attacking army calling you to tell you where they are going to attack and with how many troops, the time and even what you intend to do is really stupid. Kind of like our leaders were doing in past conflicts. :huh: Anyhow, I have a plan and a trick or three that he does not have an idea of for now. Nuff said.

Aquanut, I had to turn your pontoon boat around in case the water gets to deep around it where it is parked. That area will flood and could make it rather tricky when it comes time to move it out. The wind here was very high and it started blowing the side rails off. I put them on the trailer cross rails under the boat. That way they will still be there when the wind stops.

Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18015

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I had a later chemo today and still managed to get a good work day in. I stayed until almost 6 and feel real good. I am kind of disappointed that the chemo keeps going but I would rather that then to stop to early and have it come back. The chemo sessions are not as bad as they were when this started and I am having less and less pain from it. I still have the nagging backache but it is something I can control pretty well and still have enough stamina to work all day. I'll wait through this one more 3 week session and see what happens when it is over. It will start the Tuesday after next and it will end the day before my birthday. That will be my present to me. All I have to do is go along for the ride and concentrate on getting well again.

I managed to get quite a bit done in spite of the late chemo shots. I was set for 8 A.M. as usual but they called and had me set back until 11. Bummer, I like getting it over with at first light if I can. This middle of the day stuff is disrupting. I get all grubby and have to close up the shop and run to the cancer center and then back to work.

I got quite a bit done today. I worked on the Mustang until it was time to go to chemo and then stopped for lunch. Then I hit everything in the shop to start getting ready to sling paint at the Mustang. I had to get the floor clean and keep it that way until I get all of the clear coats on the car. It is long and drawn out but it is really starting to look like the show car I am trying to get it to look like. The owner said she didn't want flames! That's a bummer, I like flames. All kinds of flames. Oh well, I'll figure something out. Maybe some invisible holographic flames that appear and disappear when you run under florescent lighting? I can make them vanish under sunlight and appear under florescent lighting. I'll have to get a hood or some other car part and do a sample to show her. I'll try something like that and see what she thinks. you never know.

Next I went to work on the trailer for the Whaler. Both cross members are rotted and need to be replaced. I cut one off today and will do the other one after I get the first one done. That will keep the trailer straight rather than risk twisting it with both cross members off at the same time. It already has a serious alignment problem with the axle. The right side is 3 1/2 inches forward of the left side. I can understand a half inch or so but 3 1/2 is crazy. He said the trailer has always used tires but her thought that was normal for a boat trailer.

Check it out, The axle is 3 1/2 inches forward on the far side. Even easy to see without a tape measure.

I measured it and it is definitely way out. It also looks like the weld was done when the trailer was built. I will have to correct that when I get the cross members in.

I will run by the flea yard on the way to the shop so I won't be there real early. The wife wants to come over around 10 or so to go pay a bill and take me out to lunch. Not being one to turn down a free meal, that I will pay for, I will take off and run down to the restaurant with her after we go pay a bill.

Today went real well and I got a lot done. I am feeling a lot better and seem to be getting a little better every day.

I may just take the wife out for lunch and go do something like tourists do. Maybe I can get wet down at the beach and see if I can find another real big sharks tooth at Venice Beach. I gave the last one to my grand daughter. It was just over 5 inches. I will have to get a photo of it sometime.

Meantime we may just go to the old swimming hole down the road. Who knows?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18019

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 93
How is it going Russ? Haven't heard from you in over 2 days. Did you go swimming in that hole?
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Salvor6.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18020

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: I tried to get the wife to go swimming but she wouldn't believe they were turtles. :lol: Instead, we went to the Golden Corral for a steak dinner that was awesome. Big tender rare steaks that were so tender that you could cut them with a fork. I had three steaks and a couple of plates of whatever else I could fit on the plates. The guy grilling the steaks said no one had ever come back for a third one before me. I stopped at three so I could eat a few other things. My appetite is back and I have been taking advantage of it. My weight is up to 155 and seems to be holding pretty good. If I keep eating like I did today I should be gaining some weight back pretty soon.

I jus spent 20 minuits writing and wiped it all out with a single hit on the wrong key. My mouse is setting on the chair next to me and had slid across the seat and when I reached for it I hit the button and it had drifted the curser over the cancel button and deleted everything. I hate computers!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18021

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 10
Russ I worked on computers for a living and determined after 40yr's the engineering as to how they work is known as
"FM" (F___ING Magic) and they are also Boob-Tubes as they are only as smart as the Boob at the tube. Glad you are feeling better. You and I are opposites as you are trying to gain weight and I'm trying to lose it. Its time for you to get back to Treasure hunting and enjoying the later part of life while you still can.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Roger.Leclercq. Reason: correcting
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18022

• Junior Treasure Hunter
Russs, the weight gain is te best sign that the canser is weakening. It generallly takkes all of he energy leacing nothing for the normal cells. In my case I was down to 95 from my normal of 150. (ya monster ) Yes, that was me some 50 years ago.

Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by 1767.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18023

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yeah, I feel like I am doing better and the weight gain is holding at 155. I seem to get bursts of energy that seem to be lasting a little longer each time. Today I went by the shop just to check in a boat that needs a couple of little repairs but came home shortly after that. The girls are coming over for dinner around 3:00. The wife had taken her blood pressure meds early and forgot obout it and took them again a little while ago and is now having all kinds of problems with her memory, concentration, mood swings and all sorts of things. She got up and got dizzy and fell and is having trouble even listening to me. She thinks I am arguing with her because she can't figure things out. I may have to call the kids and have them come to dinner later so she can have time to let the meds wear off a little. She does this once in a while and it drives me crazy trying to get her to lie down until the drugs wear off enough so she can walk without falling or walking into something. I had best get off this and go keep an eye on her.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate