Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(148 Viewing)  (148) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18217

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 283
B) I am starting to help the wife get to a bunch of house cleaning nd working on the aviary where Atty likes to stay. Her outside cage is usually a mess and the wife keeps after it every day but the bird can mess it up faster than we can clean it. The screens also need cleaning due to that fine black dust that we have down here. I have lived all over Florida and this area seems to be the worst for this dust. It sticks to anything and everything. The outside deck seems to get it the worst but it also gets inside and becomes part of the floor covering. I have never seen anything as hard to get off of anything as this black dust. Anyhow, I'll get after it and use the pressure washer on the screens and both bird cages. :ohmy:

I smell bleach! The wife isn't waiting for me to get up and help I guess. She is already working on the kitchen floor. I am going to just take today and do what I have to in order to keep my back from hurting to much today. :lol: :whistle:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18220

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Dinner went very well and we are sitting watching a little TV and gabbing. The daughter, Pete and two grand daughters along with the two of us tried to finish off a nice sized ham and all the fixings but fell way short of the goal. I guess we will all have to carry a gift food package home later. We always send as many leftovers home with the girls as we can so we don't have to eat the same thing for the next week. I hope you're hungry, Pete. There is plenty of food to go around. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18221

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
Bring some ham to the shop tomorrow and we can have ham sandwiches for lunch. I never get tired of ham!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18223

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Will Do! I already have two big Tupperware containers left. I gave the kids about 4 or 5 pounds and still have more than that left. That was a big ham. I'll try to remember to get a fresh loaf of bread. I have mayo and mustard at the shop I believe but there is a dollar store just down the street from the shop. No problem. I also have the microwave in the shop and other cooking devices. We be bad! We eat good! Mongo always hungry! Mongo fix good! :lol: Anything else? I've got corn, mashed potatoes, beans and gravy left also. The kids didn't even leave room for all of that ice cream and pies I bought.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18224

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Good Deal Russ! I just got done drilling the box tubes for Frank's trailer. Drilled them in 30 seconds on my milling machine with a sharp drill. I will bring my pedastal grinder over to re-sharpen all your dull drills.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18233

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) How am I going to drill with sharp bits? Oh yeah, I'll have to keep the customers away from my tools and out of the drill bits. That was Jack, by the way, that fried the bits. When I got back from getting the rest of the parts we finished a few small things and then I ran John down to meet Debbie at Coquina Beach. I thought it better not to push myself to hard when there is no reason to. If I can get this trailer done and load the boat back on it we will have a good head start on this job. I have better results getting my start early before the heat of the day moves in and takes the energy out of me. I know that today I was getting tired when the clock said 1:00. By 2:30 I was ready to go lay down in the truck's A/C and cool off. That heat index was murder today.

Joe just called about welding the trailer roller and tacking the cross members in place with some short welds in case anything has to be realigned. The trailer has a bad bend in the A-frame due to having been jackknifed at some time or other. It will have to be straightened before we will get a good alignment on the rollers. I'll see if we can jackknife it back in place using my truck. That or else chain it between the two big trailers I have and bending it back in place with two or three come-a-longs. See if you can bring your big heavy duty one. I'll also see Joe and see what ideas he may have. :woohoo: WAIT, I HAVE AN IDEA!!! EXPLOSIVES!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil: Works for me. One loud "BANG" and it won't even need to be worked on again. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18246

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Hey Russ, don't worry about the stainless bolts for the cylinder head. I just got them. I will be a little late tomorrow because I have to visit my bank when it opens in the morning (around 8:30).

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18248

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) No problem Pete, I'll see you whenever you get here. Thanks again, Bro. Don't forget, when we get this under control and can take a day or two just to get out and relax, we'll take one of the boats and do some diving or fishing. Anything to get a little relaxation instead of constant working through the heat of these summer days. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18252

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I got the old bold drilled out. It was difficult. The drill kept wanting to go sideways. That's why you need a milling machine to do the job. I finally got it out. You can see in the picture the leftover "shell" of the bolt on the end of the drill. The white powder is aluminum oxide corrosion. Getting that broken bolt out of the block is going to be a challenge but I can do it!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18253

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:cheer: That is an awesome drill out. I could see me making a new hole that would be shaped like a football with my hand drill. Thanks Pete!

B) I just hope the engine is going to be worth all of the work and expense of getting it running. I talked to the guy I got it from and he said that it was running very well when he parked the boat. I believe him but it has been sitting for a couple of years and even if it was covered it can still seize up. Once the head was off it started turning freely and it will most likely be good. I like the idea of replacing the head bolts with stainless and adding a little anti-seize wherever we can.

John isn't going to be at the shop tomorrow but he will be there on Saturday. I'll still be at it every day until I get it ready to close down or fall on my face from overworking in the heat. I'll look into getting the head gasket for the engine and see about trying to smooth out that nick on the block where I hit it with the cutter. It should be a fairly easy fix. You're the machinist so I'll yield to your expertise on that count. I'll get in touch with Sean on the diesel problem after lunch if he doesn't call me or come by the shop in the morning. We can stop at someplace with real cold A/C for lunch along the way. It's only supposed to be in the lower 90's so it will seem a lot cooler than today was. :lol: :pinch:

Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18265

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 69
Russ, What about JB Weld to smooth out the flange?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #18282

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Already got it John.

It would seem that we are being flooded with these stupid drug commercials from all over the globe. Is there anything we can do about it other than alert the moderator? I have seen about a dozen so far and I would guess they are going to continue.

John, I got the trailer very near finished today, The owner came in late and I run him to the trailer shop to replace those6 inch bolts with 3 inch like we need. After he returned I installed them and headed home.

I also picked up the gaskets for your carb and installed it on the engine. It is almost ready for sea trials once we load a bit of fishing gear and some bait. I just happen to have some Ballyhoo and shrimp in the freezer.

Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18294

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I tried to report one of those spammer drug adds and it vanished and set my response back into the editing section and stops me from filing a report. There must be some kind of tracking or response blocker involved with the adds. I don't understand this internet stuff very well to begin with and something that can follow me after trying to report an add is spooky. I had best let the moderators deal with these idiots..

I am heading for the shop and get off this thing before I cause myself some trouble I don't know how to stop. .
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18297

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 126
Morning brother, normally those reports come directly to me via email. The last few days we have been bombarded with spammers, about 30 of them registered on TW just yesterday, and another 20 or so attempted to register but were using fake email and failed the registration process. I have been tracking the IP addresses of these folks and most are coming out of Russia and other eastern block countries.

I am heading to the airport in a couple of hours as I head back down range to Panama today, so I am sure a bunch more will pop up while I am in the air. I have a couple of hours layover in Atlanta this afternoon and will deal with them as I can.

My best advice is don't ever click on any of the links these fools are putting in these post, as that is how they get paid based on the number of hits they are able to generate with the spam.

Made it into Atlanta and deleted our unwelcome post and unwelcome visitors, more to come I am sure
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by wreckdiver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvor6, WhiteFeather, thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18312

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Tommy I might be able to help. I'm on TW all the time. Make me a moderator and I will delete those guys as fast as they pop up.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18315

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Thanks Pete, I have granted you Administrative rights to the website. You will notice some additional radio buttons in the Forum, and will also receive email notifications when new folks register onto the site.
You will notice a radio button that says "Delete Topic" on the upper left side of a new topic, as well as on the bottom left.
Once you delete the post you will still see it but it will be highlighted.
There is much, much more, but that should take care of the spam issue for the time being.
Thanks again my friend, and if you have any questions, just drop me an email
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by wreckdiver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18316

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I do not ever click on links in posts or emails that I am not sure of or that I do not know the person sending them. Even then I am very careful. One daughter opened an email from some guy in Oregon because she thought she knew him and crashed one of my earlier computers. I ended up throwing it out because it could not be repaired. I never let one of the kids on one of my computers again.

If there is anything we can do to help just let me know. I will try to keep reporting the ones I see pop up but you guys are usually way ahead of me anyhow.

Have a safe trip and FIND THAT TREASURE! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18317

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Thank you my friend, much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18320

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Thanks Tommy. Glad to help out.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #18335

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am just hanging out at the house this morning. I'll head over to the shop shortly but I don't intend to do anything serious today. Maybe just take some measurements on that trailer that still doesn't fit the whaler. It may be better to just buy another one and sell this one. To keep pouring money into it and making changes is kind of ineffective and a waste of money and time. The trailer is way to big and configured all wrong for a Whaler. I'll have to talk to the owner.

My appointment for the cancer center was changed again. It is now on Tuesday morning instead of Monday. I will go by the center in the morning anyhow and find out what is going on. I want to get this evaluation and update behind me. I found another boat that the wife and I want to go look at. It is a 45 or 50 footer that is supposed to be running good. We have discussed selling the house, closing the shop and going back to living on a fairly big boat. We both miss being aboard a boat and just cruising whenever we wanted to. Without the house and shop, getting rid of the truck payments and reducing to one smaller vehicle, our Toyota, we could once again afford to cruise and treasure dive and live the life we both still love. For now it is just a thought. We talked it over and found out that both of us have wanted to get out of this dirt dwelling and go back to living on a boat. We will have to consider what is needed and see what we come up with later.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate