Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(170 Viewing)  (170) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18356

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 267
:( A flat tire and an electrical problem with my truck has all but grounded me until I get them fixed. The truck has started stalling about every 2 or 3 minuits and I have no idea at this time as to what is causing it. I plugged the air compressor into the cigarette lighter to air up the tire and the truck just didn't like it and this stalling started. It must be some kind of sensor reading the current draw as some kind of short or overload and it is shutting the engine down to prevent a short or some other kind of damage.

I have located a nice big trawler and we are planning on going to look at it as soon as I can get the truck back in good running order. First I have the doctor appointments and some other problems to tend to. I also have to get all of the work done and close down the shop.

It is 5:30 in the A.M. and I am unable to sleep because of some serious back pain. I hope the doctors can figure this out soon and let me get back to some of the work I have to get done. :unsure:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18370

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Johnny and Pete, my truck broke down on the way to the shop this morning. I was about 100 feet short of getting over the top of the 301 bridge over the Manatee River and it shut down in rush hour traffic. I had to back down about 200 yards against traffic and a heard of idiots heading for work. Most of them thought I should get out and push the truck over the top and drift down the southbound side but no one offered to help so I backed down off the bridge. That was a real feat of courage backing into a heard of idiots trying to get to work at 8:00. When I got to the bottom I called Joe and he came out with his tow truck and took the truck to my shop. I am taking the wife's Toyota to the doctor and then to the shop to work on the truck. Joe thinks it is the fuel pump so I will start there and see what happens.

Okay, I am trying to eat dinner so I'll get back to this later. :ohmy:
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18371

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 92
Russ, sorry to hear about your brake down. I would offer to help but Joe is a lot closer and a reliable, honest mechanic. He helped me out with my truck. I will stop by Wednesday to help get your projects done. I had to help my buddy Jim McDonald move furniture out of his house into a storage unit today. He has a contract to sell on the 17th.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18372

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( They all have issues once in a while. I'll get it fixed and back on the road tomorrow or I'll just use the wife's car for a few days if I have to.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18377

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 63
Might it be an electrical connection to the fuel pump shorting out?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18386

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:angry: I went in to the doctor and he said that the numbers were looking good but we need to readjust the menu and try to go after the remaining cancer. That means starting over with a new chemo treatment. BUT, first we have to get the spine repaired. The pain from both the back AND the cancer treatments is going to be much to high and would help to wear me down. I agree with him. I know the pain level from the back is enough to drive me to distraction day or night. It really cuts into my energy levels and keeps me awake most of the night. I am waiting for my spinal surgeon to call me in for a meeting on what has to be done. I hope he can use the cement injection to repair the spine this time. The last break required 4 months of bed rest and recovery time. If I have to take 4 to 5 months to recover I will not be able to afford to keep the shop and I could lose everything I have stored in the shop. I have to get the shop closed and put everything in storage before getting started on the spinal problem.

I was given new prescriptions and sent to the VA to pick them up. It took 2 1/2 hours to get them and the hour each way of drive time. Tomorrow I have another meeting with my VA cancer doctor after I go to the cancer center for a new I.V. that is going to help fight the bone loss and damage. I also have to concentrate on gaining some more weight. I am only up to 159 and if I lose to much weight with the new chemo I could be in real trouble. I lost 81 pounds with the first chemo treatment and at 159 I can NOT lose that kind of weight again. That would not be a survivable weight loss.

There is a lot going on and I have to get it all together in my head and decide what we can do.

I have to get the truck repaired as soon as possible but it will have to wait until payday. We put it on the analyzer and the computer said it had 14 issues and needed the main computer and the central fuse panel replaced. The parts alone will run somewhere around $1,200 to $1,500. I don't have it right now so it will have to wait until payday. I'll just have to drive the wife's Toyota until I have the time and money to repair the truck.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18387

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ, in your case we need to speed up the shop closure. John and I will help with everything. I'll be there tomorrow.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18388

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Pete, I have to be in the cancer center at 8 and over to Bay Pines at 11 tomorrow. On Thursday I have to get to my spinal surgeon and Sherene will have to be in Sarasota by 2 for her heart doctor. I am getting this new chemo set up and have to do a lot of running. Check with John or call me before heading over. Once I get the chemo set up and the surgery scheduled I can get back to the shop. Meantime we would just be crossing paths once in a while. I had no idea this would be hitting me so fast and be so involved. I will call you in the morning. I tried to call tonight but got no answer. Sorry, I don't usually call anyone after 8 in the evening. I'll try to call before you head over here. I have to get going very early tomorrow.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18400

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, this was a crazy day from the git-go. I went out and started to take off for the cancer center in the wife's car. It no more than got to the end of the driveway and started screaming under the hood. The power steering managed to crap out and now we have two broken down vehicles. I managed to get it going and head for the shop. The cancer center is right along the way so I got the I.V. treatment and continued on to the shop. I worked all day on the car and, with Joe's invaluable help we managed to get it going at 5:30. Just in time to go home. Joe did most of the work but I did manage to put in my two cents worth. At least we did manage to get the car going. The truck will wait until another day. Joe and I both came up with a plan to try to get the truck going without having to replace the main electrical panel or the computer. We'll see how that works tomorrow.

I have managed to hit 160 pounds and I am feeling better all the time. I have gotten started on making plans to get the cancer center together with the surgeon and get this back fixed before starting the chemo again. I want to get ready to do some serious diving very soon and need to find out when they want to do this surgery. I can work around the chemo but the spine has to be done before making plans to dive.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18401

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Still having just one vehicle I am having to stay at the house until Sherene gets back from a doctor appointment. I have to pick up some parts for the truck and get to work on it so I can get back to other work.

The car is running like it is supposed to so now I have to get the truck back on the road. We, Joe and I, are going to try to find a way around replacing the fuse bank and computer. He has a diagnostic computer that seems to indicate that it can be done. I have no idea of what these new super-computers are capable of so I am just going to go along for the ride and see if they really are that smart. I still miss the old days when cars and trucks had points and condensers and you could fix anything under the tree in the back yard. Coils were unreal, when you needed to hot start the car, you just ran a little jumper to the coil from the battery and jumped the starter or hit the starter button. It started! No key, no tow truck and if you lost your keys, no locksmith with a bill for $150 to open your door. You just grabbed a metal coat hanger and hooked the lock button. I miss the old days! Oh, wait, I forgot, these are the good old days if you are still young and looking at another 50 to75years of life. Never Mind! :lol:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18402

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I hear ya Russ. I had a 1978 Olds 442 that blew up. I towed it under a giant oak tree branch on my property in TN, hooked up the chain hoist and yanked out the engine. I dropped the oil pan and saw pieces of cam shaft. Went to the junk yard and got another engine. That lasted a year until we had a hard freeze and the temp went to 20 degrees below zero. The block froze and cracked! Here comes another engine. That's when I decided I had to leave the frozen tundra for a more temperate climate. And I wonder about those people that live in Minnesota. I will NEVER complain about the heat.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18405

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went to pick up the parts for the truck and headed to the shop. I no more than got there and had to run home because I forgot that someone from the VA had made an appointment to meet with Sherene and me at the house. I had just opened the shop doors when Sherene called and said the guy was at the house. I said I would be there in 1/2 hour and closed up and headed home. The guy took off to have lunch and returned when I got home. He was some kind of sales guy that was selling an insurance program for burial insurance and some other insurances.

So, today was gone before I even got started. I did manage to pick up the fuel pump and get the wife to stop nagging me about "What if" for the next chemo series and the surgery. Now I can relax without all of the 10,000 questions. I told her I was just being baked and shot out over the treasure fleet from a cannon. I don't think she thought I was joking. Smart girl! :lol:
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18410

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) It's Saturday morning. I'm heading for the shop to pull the fuel tank out of the truck and check out the fuel pump and make sure that is the problem before I just install the new one. If it is just a relay I don't want to put the new $200 pump in. I started to pull the tank yesterday but laying on my back under the truck was a bit to painful. I'll figure something out and see if I can get under the truck and get the tank out.

I had the Mustang out of the shop yesterday so I could get the other stuff out and make room to finish the Mustang as soon as I can get the truck finished. I'll have to see how it goes today. The wife is wanting me to go to the store before I leave so I have to get going.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #18415

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yesterday was a day of rest. Today is Monday, 7/17/17 and I have to get going to the shop. I have to run to the store to pick up a few things for the wife. She has her spinal injections this afternoon so I have to get back here by 2:30. I am still looking for the parts for my truck. It's not likely that it will be finished today. Oh well, got to run...

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 day ago #18416

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:angry: The spinal injections for the wife's back pain did not go well to say the least. I came home at 2:00 to take her to the appointment. She decided that she was feeling pretty good and wanted to go by herself so I say down for a while and let her go alone. She came home around 4:30 screaming in pain. I got her to bed and tried to get her to settle down and rest. She was screaming in pain and I knew I couldn't get her into the car so I called an ambulance. When they got here she had a blood pressure of 227/117 and was still screaming about the pain. They took her to the ER and I followed with the car. We were there for 5 hours and still got no answers as to why she was in so much pain. With the high blood pressure she was having trouble remembering anything. She kept asking why we were in the hospital. She seemed to be totally confused even though the pain was constant and at a very high level. I walked out to the car to sit down for a few minuits and she called to ask why she was in the hospital. The nursing staff changed shifts at around 7 and the new nurse came in and started arguing with her about the high blood pressure. The nurse was telling her to quit moving around so her blood pressure would come down to normal. The nurse would not listen to either one of us when we were trying to tell her that 190/90 was a good level for her under normal conditions. The nurse turned the blood pressure machine off so she wouldn't have to register the high readings and told the wife that she would not turn it back on until she started listening to her. She was also being rude to both of us. I asked for a chair to sit on because my back was bothering me due to the standing constantly for nearly 4 hours. The room had no chair or trash can so some of the trash from the I.V. and other medical trash was being set on the sink or dropped on the floor where I would pick it up and place it on the sink or take it out to the nurses station to put in the trash can out there.

About 9:30 she was discharged, still in severe pain but able to walk a few steps. She wanted something to eat so I stopped at a Taco Bell and got her some food. Before I came back out of the store she had called me to ask why we were out so late. She was up all night with severe headaches and back pain. Nothing was helping with the pain. This morning she is a little better but is still having a lot of pain when she stands and she is very unsteady on her feet. The pain clinic called about 8:00 I had called last night about the intense pain and said that I had called an ambulance and was waiting to take her to the ER. The nurse took down a bunch of information and said she would call back after she talked to the doctor.

I am Leary about going to the shop this morning until she starts feeling better. I may just fix us some breakfast and see how she is in an hour or two.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 day ago #18423

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I said a prayer to The Lord to ease Sherene's pain. Did it help? How is she now? What an oxymoron! You go to a pain clinic and what do they give you? PAIN! I would sue them if I were you. Keep us updated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 day ago #18424

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I fixed breakfast and passed out on the couch from about 8:30 until I woke up at 4:40. I have never done that before. I must have really been exhausted to pass out like that.

Sherene is doing a lot better and is moving around a little bit. I fixed spaghetti for dinner and now Sherene wants me to run up the Dunkin Donut store and get some hot donuts. I guess she is feeling better.

Thanks for the lookout for us Pete, we need all the help we can get.

My doctor appointment is now set for Thursday at 10:30. That will let me know when he intends to do the surgery to repair the broken vertebrae in my back so that we can move on with another chemo session. I hope I have enough time to put on a bit more weight. I hit the scale this morning at 166. I would like to be back up to around 200 or there about. Losing 81 pounds again starting at 166 is not an option. I can live at 140 bot if I drop another 80 pounds from 166 I don't think I would not be able to survive. That would have me at about 85 or so pounds. Nope, I don't like that number. I need to put on more weight. I have been doing pretty ewell so far and if we can wait until I hit 200 it would be possible but I would rather be at 220 and then start the chemo.

I'll just wait and see what happens.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 hours ago #18428

Russ, IN an amateur's view, since cancer cells are avid consumers of energy, some five times that of normal cells Then I would say that you are doing fine.since you are holding your own, or even gaining weight KEEP IT UP.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 2 days ago #18429

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( :( Canceled again. This time the VA is getting into the diagnosis and treatments. The Cancer center called and said that the VA has put a hold on the testing and wants to take over the surgical procedure and such. I don't like that at all. The VA has already misdiagnosed me three times already. If I had listened to them I would have been in the ground about two years ago. Nope, I really do not like this. I was supposed to go in to see my spinal surgeon this morning but he called and said that the VA wants to move my case over to them. I really do not trust them one little bit. I have to look into what other options I may have. I need to find out what the cancer center's results are on the cancer readings before this goes over to the VA. I may just take over the payments and go with Medicare and my copay. First, I guess I will have to go to the VA and see what they are up to and why they have pulled my doctors off the case and want me to go back into the VA system. The VA didn't even recognize the tests the cancer center wanted performed and didn't understand the test results I turned in for them to go over. The more I think about this the more nervous I am getting. :unsure:

I wonder what they will want to do with this fractured back. I have seen to many friends and other people who went with the VA and didn't do well. I am sure there are many who actually do very well and recover nicely. But I know some who didn't do so well. My friend Garrett died under the care of the VA. They tried to call it congestive heart failure but I know how many drugs they had him on. He was a burley guy that was as strong as an ox. He received his meds and would be a walking zombie for about two weeks until he ran out of the "good stuff" as he called it. I am just worried and concerned about this sudden change of providers. You would think they would want updates and other information before pulling the rug from under the system that has been working for me.

Don't mind me, I am just not a big fan of the VA or their doctors. I have lost all trust in their ability to do what is necessary to save our Veterans when Agent Orange is concerned. This type of cancer is really hard to stop. With them having already screwed up with me on three occasions I just find it hard to trust them and would rather stay right where I am and with the people I know and trust right here.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 2 days ago #18430

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 17
IM GONNA SAY THIS ONCE, ONLY ONCE, !

F T G !--- I get better medical care from the gov if im indigent ! then I ever would have from the WTF - VA !!!!
don't get me wrong I love our country and I love or FORM of government,,, but I would love to MAKE every
A-hole in the house and senate live by the SAME, health care rules and reg;s !!!
DO as I say ,, and not as I do , seems to be the consensus of our elected leaders !
I have seen good , strong men and women walk into the VA and be carried out in a mortuary van !
this is bull S..T !
I get chastised from some fellow vet's because I will NOT go to or even try to receive bennys from the GD _ VA or DAV for this very reason !

WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME,,,, WON'T HURT ME !!!
Im just another free loader on the obama plan,,,, broke and un-employed ,,, seem,s to be the way to go for the next 10 yr's

WHEN TEXAS, OR THE REST OF AMERICA, gets their head out of they're collective anal cavities,,, I will be the first one on the front lines !!!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate