Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(148 Viewing)  (148) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 day ago #18431

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 22
B T W - TEXAS WAS and still is, THE ONLY STATE NOT TO SIGN A SURRENDER!!!

TO THE CURRENT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT !!!

CHECK THE FACT'S BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE ME !!!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 day ago #18432

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
Scubasmitty you know congress members get 100% free healthcare for them and their family. There is no co-pay. They get it for life. Even after they leave office. That's the plan I want!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 day ago #18433

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
THAT'S THE PLAN WE ALL DESERVE !!!

WHAT MAKES THEM SO DAMN SPECIAL ???

IT should be a privilege to serve in our democratic society , I serve as the ONLY volunteer COMRADE, at my post,769.

it is a privilege to do so ,
I do NOT want. or expect any recognition to do so, however, we have way too many professional politicians who believe they are above the common populace, this must stop !!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 day ago #18434

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Part of the problem is the dumb voters that keep these idiots in office. Like the illegal immigrants and people on welfare. I think they outnumber the real workers.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 5 hours ago #18437

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 283
B) Okay, the VA called about 2:55 and want me to have a consultation with one of the VA surgeons about what they can do for my fractured spine problem. I will have to go to Bay Pines one day early next week. They are supposed to call Monday and set up an appointment to do the consultation with them. Then I will get the information about what they think I should do. The lady/nurse that called was at least up on my case except that this would be my second surgical repair to my spine. Once the Cancer center took over my case when the first surgeon found the cancer, the VA was removed from the case and I was turned over completely to the cancer center for all treatments and decisions as to what we were doing. Now, the cancer center requested that I return to the first surgeon for a second back surgery, the request was picked up by the VA because they do that procedure at Bay Pines. I had several questions that they seemed to have the proper answers to and they have performed many of this type of surgery and now call it routine. I want to talk with the people responsible for this procedure to get an idea of their track record. I have to admit that I am a bit anxious and nervous about the VA handling the surgery but I may have no other choice besides paying for it myself if I go to another doctor outside of the VA after they have decided to do it in house. I need to find out what the recovery time frame is in their procedure. If it is to long I could go bankrupt if the shop is not able to produce a little income to support it's self for more than a month or so.

It was all preplanned anyhow. Check it out, I knew there was some kind of reasoning behind all this ;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :S :evil: :evil: :evil: :whistle:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 3 months 5 hours ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubasmitty, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 hours ago #18438

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ, go with the cancer center for the surgery. John and I can start a "go fund me" to help pay for it. The VA has a poor track record on this type of surgery.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 weeks ago #18440

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I will check on the track record of this particular surgical procedure at the VA before I commit to it. From what I found out last night on the web it really is a proven procedure and has become, more or less, a standard that is done as an outpatient procedure.

I am heading for the shop shortly and will try to get my truck out of the shop and back on the road. I picked up a position indicator and another fuel pump relay and will try to get the truck back together so I can let the wife have her car back. John will be heading up shortly so I will have some help to lift the fuel tank up against the bottom of the frame. The wife needs her car back because we both have doctor appointments early next week and we will have to be in two places about the same time.

I will check with John to be sure what he wants me to do with his old pontoon boat parts before I take anything to the scrap yard. I can sell the sides and a few other parts but the pontoons may be to far gone to sell as repairable. I will check them first. If I can seal them and make them useable they will bring a better price than as scrap.

Okay, I have to get moving and do something. Yesterday I did manage to get some serious sanding and sprayed some more paint on the Mustang. I have the paint shop almost ready to move out of. I just have to get the Mustang finished and I will have the option of moving everything over to the engine shop side.

I had best get moving. Pete, If you need to get hold of me just give me a call. I want to get as much done as I can before this surgery hits me. I really want to get my health back in order so I can get back to diving and fishing. I also need to get one of these boats set up so I can handle it alone when I have to. Catch you later, Pete.

Working on the Mustang, another coat of shiny man-glitter!

Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 weeks ago #18442

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I have changed horses in mid stream before and today was no exception. I got to work on the truck and quickly discovered that it was going to take more money and parts than I have the resources to deal with. I just worked on the Mustang a while and decided to get the shop cleaned out so I would have a place to start putting some of the stuff I have to keep.

When John arrived we started cutting up a boat and a center console that were sitting around the shop for way to long. We turned them into dumpster fodder in a very short time and moved on to a few other project problems. After we had stopped for lunch I told John that I was just going to push an engine or two around to the space we had cleared out and then head home. After John left I was trying to move one of the engines on wheels up beside another one and caught my arm on an anchor that was hanging on the stand. That hurt! I thought I had drawn all the blood I was allotted for today already but it seems I was wrong again. And again. It would seem that once I drew blood that I would at least be a little more careful but this idiot hasn't learned that lesson yet. I should have left then but things were going fair to middlin so I just kept at it a while longer. Before I knew it the wife called to let me know it was 8:00. WHAT? I hadn't even looked at the time and was just moving some engines around and getting some space filled with stuff that I was not sure of throwing out just yet. I had no idea of how long I was working. I didn't feel tired and I was not hurting much. I had my regular pain in the back but it had not made me stop for more than 15n or 20 minutes all afternoon. The only thing bothering me even this late is the fiberglass on my skin from cutting the boat and console up to make little shards of fiberglass that are imbedded in my arms where they can irritate the new cuts and injury that I so thoughtfully added.

Some days I am amazed at the stupidity that I can show. It must be the chemo drugs that are still in my system.

Anyhow, Joe called and said that he found someone who can repair the fuse bank but it may require having to send it off for a week. Even if it takes a week to save a couple hundred dollars I think I will go that way. Right now I am short on cash and saving a couple hundred dollars is the only way to go. I guess I'll just have to get the wife to drop me at the shop when she has a doctor appointment or we will have to figure out how to be in two places at once. We did it all before when we only had one vehicle and we can do it again. I have also picked up the remaining parts I need for the truck and will start working on the electrical system tomorrow. I picked up the crankshaft position indicator and will install it tomorrow if the rain lets me. I will also try to get the fuel tank back in and secured.

Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 weeks ago #18443

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Looks like rain all morning Russ. If you use quantum entanglement you can be in two places at once.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Salvor6. Reason: Left out a word.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18446

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I started on the Mustang this morning and started feeling very tired. Not hurting or anything like that but I sure didn't feel like working. After about two hours I gave up and went home. I just decided to rest for the day and ended up hanging out at the house and doing a little work, light work, on the wife's golf cart and taking it easy for the day. .

I may just take a day or so off this weekend and rest. I am not hurting or anything like that I just don't feel up to what I want to be. I haven't heard from the VA about my surgery yet and maybe that has me worried a little. They were supposed to call me by now but they haven't.

I'll just wait and see what is going on tomorrow.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18448

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Well Russ, did you hear from the VA? And what about your truck, did you get it finished?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18450

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Totally ignoring me from the VA. I had a call last week but so far there is no communication and no setting up of any kind of surgery in the near future or even next year. They are just being the VA and ignoring me until I either get better and go away or die and go away. Either way they don't have to deal with my fractured spine. This is typical VA. I went to my cancer doctor yesterday and got him on it. He said he had already sent in the required paperwork and thought the VA had set up the surgery. I told him that I do not have even an appointment to see the VA doctor yet and he said that when I come in for my next blood work on the 2nd of August he will find out why the VA is dragging this out. If he can't get the surgery done in a timely manner he will schedule it the way he did the last time I had an injured vertebrae. That's about all I can do at this point. The VA is constantly getting us Vets dead by dragging our treatments out for weeks and even several months beyond what it should be. They have a way of calling and setting up an appointment that is considered a contact of treatment and just plain dragging the appointment out by postponing and canceling it time and time again so it looks like they are doing something on paper when they are just waiting for us to die off or get well on our own. :angry:
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18451

russ, that is 'no't the way the Tuscon VA is operated. No wonder they are winning all of the prizes. They even have a twitter act where they give the vet information on how to speed up their requriements, and ask for suggestions on how to speed up the service., I personally have had A+ treatment there, with compassionate care for my wife.when I went in for surger
y.
Move to the Tucson area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18452

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
YEAH, MOVE TO ARIZONA,,,

endless beaches, and aliens abound,,,but hey, IT'S A DRY HEAT !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18453

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
If you move to Arizona you will have to learn Spanish.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18454

Salvor, I learned Spanish while in the Border Patrol in the 50's

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18455

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Don Jose, I thought Spanish was your native language. I want to learn because I plan on traveling to Ecuador and Colombia.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18456

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thanks Don Jose but there is to much beach and not enough water! :lol: Arizona is a bit sparse of reefs and big shipwrecks. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18457

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, A few minuits ago I got a call from the Bay Pines VA and they set up a consultation for next Thursday at 10 for me to go into the radiology department and get everything lined up and get the ball rolling. I will be ready to get it done and behind me as fast as I can. I want to get the chemo finished and get the cancer under control or eliminated altogether so I can get back to treasure diving, fishing and traveling on a boat. I have already talked to the wife about trading the house for a boat and getting out of here once and for all. I have had nothing but trouble and grief ever since we stopped here to buy and flip this house so we could buy lots of fuel and head out to find that elusive treasure that we all know is waiting for me to show up and gather it up off the ocean floor and bring it back to share with my friends. :lol: :woohoo: Find it, recover it and keep yer mouth shut!!!! :evil: Don't forget to count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

I had to head home early from the shop because the wife was not feeling well and wanted me to fix dinner. I had been helping my friend, Crazy Louie, load some scrap metal from my shop into his trailer and was hurting a bit anyhow. I wanted to go out tomorrow and do a little cruising, fishing or just a little snorkeling but with the wife's blood pressure jumping up like it is now I didn't want to have to make John and Debbie cut their day short out on the boat if Sherene had another problem. It happens very quickly and she has to get out of the heat and take her meds to get the blood pressure under control or she could end up with another stroke or heart attack.

Meantime I was helping my friend Crazy Louis load some iron from my shop into his trailer so he could take it to the scrapyard. I am not used to a guy in a wheelchair outworking me. This chemo has got to be some kind of punishment or something. I keep having to stop when I am just getting going. It can be maddening when you are used to working and find that you now have to stop and rest so you can take a rest. :S

This is my friend Louis. He built that trailer by himself and did an awesome job. It has a winch and ramp and will haul quite a bit. We have loaded quite a bit of weight a few times.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #18458

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID, IM HAVING A THOUGHT !

a lack of reef's and water to be sure, BUT there are SO many lost Spanish/Dutchman mine's out here that just might make up for the lack of said reefs and H2O....

I firmly believe that someone HAS found these mines and is protecting them from the general population. IE if I found one of these mines, do you REALLY think that the GOV or EPA or BLM would LET you mine the gold from them ?????
HELL NO !
people have gone missing looking for these mines never to be heard from again, I believe they are being disposed of because they found them and the people who have control of them make these individuals vanish.
IF these mines are as bountiful as legends suggest, I too would protect them from anyone else, just because if they were made public the a fore mentioned entities would NOT let me mine them OR they would find a way to kill ME and claim them for the almighty GOV ! THINK ABOUT IT !

like I said, be afraid !!!!

Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate