Welcome, Guest
(59 Viewing)  (59) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18459

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 273
"scubasmitty wrote:
BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID, IM HAVING A THOUGHT !

a lack of reef's and water to be sure, BUT there are SO many lost Spanish/Dutchman mine's out here that just might make up for the lack of said reefs and H2O...."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ya gotta have H2O for the gators

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Without the H2O a beach seems to lose something. Maybe it's the absence of the Beach Bunnies or maybe the sharks and gators that are missing but something isn't quite right. Nope, I'd rather have the surf and water, gators and huge snakes that eat the gators that eat the sharks that eat the tourists but something is missing. :woohoo: :whistle: :evil:

And don't forget that the sharks need a little refreshment when they are collecting tourist dollars. :evil:

Yup, I think I'll keep the H2O and Beach Bunnies even if the gators, sharks and snakes come with it.

Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18460

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 18
WE GOT'S SNAKES, & TOURIST'S AND GATORS TOO !

it's a matter of PERSPECTIVE - trade three for three !
GOV agents for the snakes !
aliens for the tourist's !
and local law enforcement for the GATORS !

TRADE YA !!!! ??? :sick: :woohoo: :whistle:

B T W -- I DO suggest that body cam's and dash cams are NOT just a suggestion for anyone coming out here,
insurance rates will be in within acceptable levels by doing so !!!!
never leave home without your EQUALIZER or your body armor ! LOL !! :S
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by scubasmitty.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18461

There is one Spanmish ( Jesuit ) mine less, I have found the fabulous Tayopa and own it --- but not rich sniff.complications.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18462

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 97
Well Don Jose just point me in the right direction and we will both be rich.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18463

Salvor,, E of serochito, Chihuahua How do you post a picture in here ?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18464

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Click on "reply," not quick reply. Then click on "image link" then click on "add file."
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Salvor6.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18465

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
E.of Chihuahua is Santa Eulalia.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18466

Serochito is almost on the western border of Chihuahua, shall we say s of Yecora. On the skyline, that is Sonora
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18467

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
That is where Tayopa is, right? You need to send me there to pick up a few goodies for us.
I can at least get you the records you want.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Salvor6. Reason: added content

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18471

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I was doing some work Saturday at the shop and managed to damage the paintjob on the wife's car. It was not real bad but if you know my wife you would know it has to be fixed before she sees it or listen to her for the next five or six years about how I tore her car up. So as soon as I got home my next door neighbor came over to drop something off. On her way out she turned and asked "How did your trunk lid get damaged?" My wife raced out the door and started on me about the damage. I bought , rebuilt and painted the car for her. She constantly takes our parrot out for "rides" in it and doesn't carry the birds potty so the floor and rear seats get real badly soiled, but that's okay.

Now, I damaged the paint a little that I could have fixed in a few hours but I get the riot act. So, in order to keep my sanity I took the car to the shop this morning and repaired and repainted the damage. I still had some paint from when I painted the car last year when I got it, along with some clear coat and everything I needed stored around the shop. So I fixed the damage and repainted the spots where I had to do body work and sand it down. When I got home I had her go out to the carport and look at the repair. It is impossible to tell where it was damaged so all should be good in the Universe, right? Ya think? Probably not but I'll wait and see what happens.

Our fishing trip did not go well. The outboard was uncooperative and nothing I did would convince it to run right. It would start but no matter what I did it would not run in gear. We had to abandon any hope of going fishing until I can get time to work on the engine and find out what is wrong. It ran fine on the hose at the shop but was scared of the salt water of the Gulf. I went back to the shop and fiddled around with the carb adjustments but nothing would make it. I am going to have to wait to work on it until I get my truck back on the road. My truck is blocking the shop and the boat is in the high grass over in the swamp. John even had trouble getting it to move when he hooked up to it because of the deep ruts and soft ground. I have no way other than my truck to move the boat.

Oh well, back to my Shark Week TV.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #18475

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Wow, another day done gone! Today started out with the announcement of our little tropical depression had turned into a tropical storm. Not a real strong one but just enough to get your attention. I decided to stay home and just let it go through and head in for work tomorrow. Low and behold, at 7 this morning I get a call from my landlord that the water at the shop is almost to the bay doors. Having several electrical items laying about the shop I thought I should go over and see if I could do anything to keep everything electrical out of the water.

I got to the shop and the water was just about up to where my truck is parked against the building. Once it stopped raining the water receded pretty quickly and everything went back to normal.

SURF'S UP!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :S
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #18481

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Well Russ what did you accomplish today? Probably not much since it rained almost all day.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #18482

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Went Surfing! Went wading, went swimming, went in the water and did my laundry before putting my waders on, managed to get a lot of swamp mud in my shoes, got to watch the tide come in and go out and all without leaving the shop. Was a pretty good day as rainy days go. :lol:

I am going to the VA tomorrow morning to go through a bunch of tests and evaluations to see what procedure they want to use to fix my fractured vertebra this time. Last time it was removed and a plate was installed to hold my spine in place. That recovery was about 4 to 6 months and extremely painful. They are talking about a different procedure if I can qualify for it with the testing, that will only require a 2 to 4 DAY recovery. I hope it is possible. I am also working on getting the Mustang done and closing the paint shop. I got a lot done on it over the last few days since the storm is gone.

I got some work done on the Mustang and started scrapping out a lot of the engines and parts cluttering up the shop. I scrapped the 83 Camaro engine and all associated parts, the 93 GM boat engine that I was going to rebuild, the extra heads, cranks, cams and all sorts of stuff. I trashed about 3,000 to 4,000 pounds of engines and hardware. I still can't swing the shop cat by the tail but I am getting a little room. Just kidding about the cat. Here are a few pictures of some of the goings on around here.

THAT SHOULD TELL YOU ABOUT HOW SERIOUS I AM ABOUT CLOSING THE SHOP. I THREW OUT SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF BOAT, CAR AND TRUCK PARTS. I TRASHED ENGINE BLOCKS AND SOME REALLY HARD TO FIND STUFF. 4 OF THOSE HEADS WERE FOR NEWER 350 VORTEC ENGINES ALONG WITH THE BLOCKS, CRANKS AND CAMS. NO MORE TIME TO WAIT FOR THE TIME TO DO THE WORK AND NO ONE ANSWERED ANY ADDS EVEN TO GET THEM FOR FREE OR A VERY FEW DOLLARS. IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON AND GET OUT OF HERE AND GO BACK TO DOING AND GOING WHERE I WANT TO BE.

Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #18485

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:) Okay, the surgery is set for the 17th of this month, two weeks from now. It looks like they are going to use the cement method and recovery will be very quickly as long as everything goes right and there are no glitches. I like the 2 to 4 day recovery thing and will do whatever I can to get it done. There is a lot of bone damage all over and that is a bit concerning. It is she said that they are going to keep an eye on it and we will do whatever is necessary to do whatever we can to start trying to build the bone strength up and see to it that there is no further damage while we are going after the damaged vertebrae. They said the recovery will be very fast if all goes well. I don't see any other option. It will go well! Okay, now I have to get as much done at the shop and clear out whatever I can without hurting my back any more. This is all a good thing. I will be back on my feet and at a dead run by the end of three weeks or sooner. I really need to get started building my strength and stamina up along with my weight. :woohoo: Junk Food, more Junk Food! I just put a ham in the oven and will do my best to keep over eating as long as I can. I made 5 pounds of potatoes and I have gravy, creamed corn, peas, and did I say a whole lot of gravy to pour over 5 pounds of heavily buttered potatoes? You bet!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #18493

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Hey Russ,
how is it going? Give us an update.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18500

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I have been having a lot of problems with this computer the past 4 or 5 days. I haven't solved all of the glitches yet but I am working on it.

I finally got the truck repaired and running again. It seems like every time I get into something I have another disaster waiting in the wing to fall on me but at least I keep getting back up and moving on. I have a few things to get in order and have to get off this thing for a while but I will be back in an hour or two. I have been running around trying to get the truck done and still get a little bit of the shop work done so I can close it down. With all of the medical problems with both the wife and I the work is suffering and not getting done as fast as it needs to. I have to get a few things done but I'll get back to this later.

I managed to get the new fuse panel in and working and even the fuel tank is back where it belongs.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18501

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I am just checking back in after logging off to make sure my new password is working. :S It works so I will be back! :lol: Okay, I went to shut down and this stupid computer wants to update again. That is what happened and it messed up all of my passwords and web sites. I have to shut down or it will just reboot anyhow. If I don't get back in a few hours I have had another crash and probably just shot a few holes in this stupid box of junk parts. :(
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18502

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: I shut down and went through the rebooting and it let me back on. It took a little while but at least I can sign on again. Okay, now I can go get some things done and come back to this later this evening. :woohoo: I hate computers!!!! :angry:
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18503

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Glad to see you back on the forum Russ. Let us know what you did the last 5 days.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18504

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 124
Good to have you back on line with us brother!
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate