Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(137 Viewing)  (137) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 5 days ago #18505

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 291
B) :laugh: This morning I am having a lot of medical related issues going on with the VA prep and instructions from them. I have to run shortly to get more blood work at the Bradenton clinic and need to get out of here real soon. I will try to get on again this evening or tonight. I just signed on without any problem so I am back with my password working again. Thanks for the assist, Tommy.

I have already gotten two calls from the VA this morning reminding me about the meds that I am on and when I have to stop each one. :sick: I really want this damaged bone repaired but it makes me just a little nervous knowing that the VA will be on the other end of the knife that is being stuck in my back. That sounds a little crazy, No, that IS a lot crazy!

My truck is running again and I am getting the wife's car back to her so I can get some things done at the shop. I have 4 boats that need moving and my covered wagon needs to be unloaded and repacked with some of the junk in the paint shop so I can get out of the paint shop and lower the rent. I also stumbled across a little sailing dink that I am going to repair and set up as a little fishing boat that I can carry and launch from my truck. I will get some photos when I get my camera working. It seems that every time I need the stupid camera it goes on strike or just quits. My computer also takes a break whenever I gat into something that I want photos of. Typical!!! :dry:

Okay, I have got to run. 6 days until they go in to fix my back again. I sure hope it works the easy way this time. I don't want the 4 to 6 month recovery time. If this works I will be back to working in 4 to 6 days.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 4 days ago #18506

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:angry: 5 VA appointments yesterday. One in Bay Pines was wrong so I went over to the Bay Pines VA for nothing. I had already taken care of the appointment by phone earlier. It is nearly 90 miles round trip. That wasted my time, money and gas and I am getting short on all three. It seems that they are purposely trying to get me to run over there several times a week when I could do the question and answer thing over the phone.

It is time to get going and start moving those boats and engines. If anyone needs a real good 350 Vortec engine, I have a nice pair that have been overhauled and are ready to drop in and go. Just drop me a line or give me a call and I will make them available for bench testing or even for a run to a dynamometer for a test run to see how much horse power they are running. I know they are in good condition. I have several outboards that are running and a few parts engines. I think I am going to let all of them go at a loss for the best offer. Even if I lose a little on them they will be out of the way and I can get out of here.

Okay, I have to get to the shop and start something.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 days ago #18514

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Are you selling my 25 hp? Dell

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 days ago #18515

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Dell, I have several engines around the shop. The Johnson I set up for you to use is still sitting here whenever you need it.

I said I would come up and get it rigged on your boat whenever you feel up to getting out on the lake. The one I set up is a 20 HP that I boosted up to 25 with a larger carb and turned into an electric start. It is marked as a 20 HP so it can be used on the lake. 25's are over the limit for the lake I believe. I also have a real nice 25 that I need a lower unit for. It has a lot more power and runs a lot better. If I get the foot for it I will have another small engine we can use. I have about 11 engines taking up space in the shop and do need to get some of them out of the way. I also have to get the shop closed so I can get out of here and back to doing what I want to do and stop working all of the time. I want to get closed here and go back to living on a boat and traveling, diving, fishing, treasure hunting and just sitting out on the hook and enjoying life while I can. Thursday I have another back surgery and I am not looking forward to that. If it goes wrong I could be laid up for a while like the last time I had back surgery. That time I was on bed rest for 4 months and another two months before I could get back to real work.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 days ago #18516

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 117
Hey Russ,
I just got back from a trip out to Anna Maria Island with Joe Kovacs and Mike Forte. Mike has a friend that just had that cement injection to fix broken vertabrae in his back. It worked out perfect for him. I hope it will work out for you too. It sounds like a good idea but you never know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 days ago #18517

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: Thanks Pete, Every bit of positive information helps. I have been worried about going through this for some time. It sounds like the way to go this time. The last break was a real bad one. This one is just a fracture and looks like the bone is in tact and is a good candidate for this procedure. At least that's what the doctors are saying. As long as I don't injure it before Thursday. I am trying to be gentle and not lift anything heavier than just the corner of a building. For someone like me who has never had an issue with lifting it is hard to stand back and watch others do the work. I used to call down people who stood back when the hard work was being done. I always seemed to be the one right up front and center whenever there was anything to do that needed someone to take charge and get it done. Lifting or not to lift, for the time being I am the one who steps back or grabs the light part. I really hate that. But, I'll do whatever I have to in order to get this behind me. The doctor tells me that my bones are permanently damaged and I may have to stay off of the heavy end of everything from now on. I find myself using the shop crane to lift smaller and smaller parts. If I push it I could be back in surgery real soon again. I don't want that so I am doing whatever I can to do away with the shop and everything in it. I counted 11 engines in the shop. I have to get rid of almost all of them. If I have them laying around I will inevitably start working on something that I should just leave alone and I would end up fracturing another damaged bone. I even used the shop engine hoist to pick up a 15HP outboard. That really surprised me. I used to carry two of those at once. Now I get help to lift the heads off of a Chevy V-8. Yup, it's time to get out of this working and get back to diving and fishing. The last time I went diving I threw my tank and BC in the water and put it on underwater. It was much lighter that way. :lol:

I also got a little comment from my landlord about having a lot more parking spots filled than I am supposed to have. He didn't come right out and tell me to move some of the boats and stuff but I know what he was hinting at. I put one boat inside the shop and will move another one in a day or so. I have the surgery coming up Thursday but I"ll get on it as soon as I can. He always works with me and I try to keep my parking down to 4 or 5 spaces. I got the one moved over to our marina and another one inside but that still leaves 5 spaces that I am using. I may have to move John's pontoon over to the marina for a few days until I get rid of another space filler. I need to keep my covered wagon at the shop and that is the 5th space for now. If I move it over to the other side of the Hatteras I should be alright for a while. I am trying to get out of the paint shop and that will cut out two parking spaces but I'll deal with that when I get it done and close the paint shop.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #18518

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today is the last day before surgery and I have a lot of work to get done today. I had best get going and get as much done as I can. I don't have any idea of how long it qill be before I am back to being able to return to full working ability and I have a lot waiting for me.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #18521

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 126
Good luck my friend, we will be saying a little prayer for you and a speedy recovery.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #18523

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: I had 4 calls from the VA yesterday changing my surgery times. It was set for 7AM, then it was moved to 5:45. A short time later I was called again and it was changed to 8AM. On the way home from the shop I was called again and they changed it to 11:00 A.M. this morning. I just got out of the shower and we are leaving in a few minuits. If one of those idiots says that I missed an appointment or that I am being rescheduled I will show them what it means when you get a three tour Vet ticked off and blame him/her for their screw-ups. I can see some nut saying I am rescheduled because I wasn't there at 5:45 for my surgery. I have been worried about that all night. :S.

Oh well, it is just about time to hit the road. I have to allow an extra 15 minuits because the traffic in St. Pete can be squirrely at times. I am taking the truck so that if the wife has to drive home I won't be worried about some nut hitting her. The truck is built like a tank and sits high enough so that she has a good view of everything all around her. I doubt that someone will get pushy or cut her off in the tank. :lol: :woohoo:

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and prayers. I am sure I need every one. I still have to get a few things out of the truck so I had best get moving. I am really wanting to get this over with and get back to being able to work again without so much back pain.

I'll check in as soon as I can tonight or tomorrow.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #18525

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Good luck brother!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #18529

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The surgery is all over and I am feeling great. It took about 1 1/2 hours during which I was awake most of the time. I dozed off a couple of times. They had me anesthetized pretty well and I felt no pain at all during the surgery. I went to recovery with Sherene and waited there for the drugs to wear off. About 3:45 they checked me out and I drove home without any problems. I have been sitting here about 3 or 4 hours and just have a little discomfort from the incision but other than that I am having no problems or pain. I haven't taken any pain killers of any kind since early this morning. None of the cancer center pain meds either. This went great. I will take it easy for a few days and then get back to work. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #18530

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Outstanding my friend! now be sure to follow the doctors orders and don't push yourself to soon.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18531

• seeker41
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 23
Great news!!!!

" I will take it easy for a few days and then get back to work."

Be sure and lay back for At least a few days!! If i lived close to you i would help out for sure!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18532

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
Good for you ,Russ....Mike & Barbara

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18533

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I got up this morning and the pain level is just about what I would expect from a surgical procedure. I have been through many surgeries and the time for healing is usually three or four days and sometimes a little longer. I am just resting at home and giving my body a few days to start healing. I am in no hurry to get started and possibly hurt myself for getting back to work to early. Three or four days may be needed or a little longer. It is Friday and I will wait until Monday or so before even starting to look through the shop.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18534

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) One day down and I still feel pretty good. I have only taken a couple of Excedrin since getting up this morning. Not bad for having gone through a back surgery yesterday. :woohoo:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18535

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Great news Russ. John and I are in Roatan, Honduras for some diving. OOPS! Looks like a hurricane is headed our way!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18536

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
YUP! There is a storm headed your way. Maybe it will uncover one of those old wrecks down that way for you. Good luck, Buddy. Tell John I wish you both the best of luck and hope you stumble on some old wreck and come home with more money than winning the Powerball. It is nearly a half BILLION.

I have been resting and taking it easy to let my back heal up a bit before going back to work at the shop. I have been sitting here eating all sorts of junkfood and really fattening goodies. I am going to run out to the lotto and get a couple of tickets. I call it Sherene's Redneck Retirement Fund. She thinks we will hit it someday and we can buy an island and retire. I have hit it for a few wins a couple of times but keep missing the big score by one or two numbers. Just enough to keep me playing. Still, the day I don't play it my numbers will hit and I'll have to shoot the machine through the TV. :lol:

I am looking forward to getting the shop cleared out now that I am getting back on my feet and feeling better. The surgery went really well and I am chomping at the bit to get back to work. I want to try to wait until Monday or Tuesday like the doctors said but it is killing me to sit here and know that I have the ability to get out there and start getting things done now that my back has been repaired. I am feeling a lot better and other than a minor back irritation from the incision I am feeling like I can lift the engines without the crane. But I won't go that far. I will just get some help to do away with all of the jobs waiting for me when I get back to work. I really want to sell off everything that I can and get every single job finished and retire to a boat and go diving and fishing all over the coast. I just need a big boat. A big boat that can handle moderate rough water without any surprise problems. I wish I had not sold Feather. I have been kicking myself ever since selling it. I should have sold the wife that was nagging me to get rid of it and sailed away on the boat! :lol:

Good Luck on your trip and I hope you both come back with a lot of gold hanging around your necks and two big shipping containers full of all of the stuff you can't lift. A few tons of gold and jewels should do nicely. Don't get greedy, save a little for the rest of us. :woohoo:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The storm is called Harvey and is having trouble forming as a tropical storm or hurricane at this time. It looks like it may run north of your area and head into Belize or that area at this time. Still, keep an eye on it and remember to DUCK if it does build up and heads your way. Right now it looks like it is moving to fast to have time to build into a strong storm. Just keep an eye on it anyhow.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18537

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
We are keeping an eye on the storm. Made a great dive today at 90 feet on a pristine coral reef.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #18539

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I'm jealous, Pete. I love diving anywhere in the Caribbean. I have been to Belize and Roatan and dozens of other dive spots and islands down in that area and can never get enough. Enjoy yourselves and keep an eye open for any shiny gold stuff laying about on the bottom. You never know when a little vacation could turn into a major treasure discovery. :woohoo:

Pictures, we like pictures! Don't forget us old timers sitting back here stateside wishing we could be diving where you are.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate