Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(63 Viewing)  (63) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18622

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 283
That path is ever worsening for us too. If it stays a high category storm we could be in serious trouble. I talked to the girls, Sherene and our daughter but none of them want to evacuate even though an order has been issued for on the water and mobile homes. We are both. I am getting a bit concerned but will keep beefing up our preparations. This storm is being followed by another one very similar. It looks like we are going to have an exciting Hurricane season after all. :S
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18638

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) We are in a shelter but internet is very limited. We will be here until the storm moves above us and we can head to the house. If I can't get a signal I may not post until tomorrow. No power outlet and computer battery is not new. I will do the best I can.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18659

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, we survived and are back home working on repairs and such. Our power went out and we had a massive amount of damage but our house escaped almost all damage except a minor bit of problems. Our power went out on Sunday and I managed to get a couple of short messages out as we were checked into the shelter. Later my computer crashed and it took until this morning to get it up and working again. I managed to get a couple of short posts out on facebook but then the computer went psyco again. It still isn't right but then neither am I so I am making due until I can figure out what is wrong.

No damage at the shop at all and only minor damage at home. We lost power but I had a generator and got it running and hooked up to the house. It ran for the first day but crapped out two hours into the second day. I was talking to my brother, Stanley out in Texas and mentioned that my generator died. He said he had one at the ranch and would bring it over. "Bring it over?" He lives 1,000 miles away from here. I said I would gladly meet him half way or wherever we could meet. He said he was bringing it over and would be here in about 20 hours. The next day he showed up with a generator in his back seat and his friend, Robert. Robert is a big strong young man who just wanted to come along and help out. The three of us got the generator hooked into the house and running great. We had supper and Stanley went to bed. Within a few minuits the power came back on. :lol: We worked on everything we could fix and decided to go take the covered wagon over to the shop. I asked what they would like to do since they were here and don't have to run back to the ranch for a few days. They said they would like to go fishing or diving. I called Aquanut and arranged to borrow his boat for a few days. Today we worked on the engine but were unsuccessful getting it to run right. We came home and had dinner and will look into what we can do tomorrow to get it going. We have done some research on the problem and will work on it tomorrow and hopefully get out fishing for a while. After my brother driving 1,000 miles to drop off a generator I will do everything I can to take them out fishing or diving. They have a couple of days to hang around before having to drive back to Texas.

This has been a weird hurricane. I have never before gone to a shelter and after going through the nightmare of the one we went to, I will never go to another shelter. I would rather face the hurricane than spend another night like we went through this time. It did not take long to realize that going to the shelter was a big mistake. There was no A/C and very little food and even that took hours to get. Not one thing was really fit to eat but we did appreciate the effort that the volunteers went through. it was not their fault that the conditions were so bad inside the shelter. It was not their fault that we were shut in and not allowed to get outside to get air. Nope, we have fared much better alone and on anchor aboard our boats.

Oh well, I am tired and need to get to bed. This has been one very draining week. I hope everyone else made out as well as we did.

At the shelter.....

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Minor damage at home.

Some of my neighbors did not do so well. Here are a few.

Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18665

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) We're getting rained out again. We were working at the shop and it just kept getting hotter so we decided to head home and cool off in the A/C. As we got home it started to rain and is still raining. Bummer! :ohmy:

The pontoon engine is still giving us a fit. It seems to be something minor but it is still keeping us from going fishing. The engine is just being a pain. We have tried all sorts of solutions but it is one of those jobs that just will not solve in the traditional method. We will figure it out but, for now, it is on tomorrow's to-do list. I am tired today and need to rest.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18666

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 109
Russ I don't need to tell you, you know the basics, all you need are three things; fuel, spark and air. If you're getting fuel, check the stator for a spark. Maybe new plugs to boot. It could be a carb problem but I'm sure you checked that. Right? How about that little inline fuse in the wiring harness?
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Salvor6.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18668

• seeker41
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 23
Russ, can you rent a boat just so you can get them out fishing before they leave?

......3 more systems to watch, two coming our way(maybe) keep your eyes peeled.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 5 days ago #18669

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Storm damages and slow power restoration has a lot of services still not up to par and I didn't think of it while they were here. They hit the road back to Texas about 2:00 A M. They should be very close to home at this time. It is 8:00 P M and I spoke to them around 10:00 AM and they were at the Florida state line on I-10. That is about half way to the ranch. I'll give them a call now and see where they are. .......... Okay, I just spoke with my brother Stan and he just dropped Robert off at his house and picked up some Fried chicken to take home to his wife. He is about 5 minuits from the ranch. All went well and not even a flat tire in over 2,300 miles. Awesome! :woohoo: How's that for timing. I had it figured out down to within a couple of minuits. I know I really appreciated the help and all of the effort of the two of them made. We will get to head out fishing or diving the next time we get together either here or at the ranch. I have a boat to take out to the ranch when I get it ready. That will be a nice trip for me. I love the ranch and am looking forward to making the trip as soon as I can get the boat together. Even us old salts like to head inland once in a while. As long as it isn't for to long. No water around that we can sail on is un-nerving after a few hours. :lol: :S
Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18672

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
It looks like John needs a new motor for his pontoon boat.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18673

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) No new motor needed. There is just something keeping me from getting it to the proper timing. It gets to 20 degrees and needs to go to 28. It runs but it has to be idled up to high to shift. Shifting at the required RPM's to keep it running at present could damage the lower unit. It has to idle down much more to put it in gear. I haven't had time to figure it out yet but it is just an engine and has to follow the laws of mechanics. Fuel, air and spark are required but so are compression, timing and many other things that all have to go in order and all must work together. Like I said, I will figure it out when I have the time. Meantime, after working a while on the Mustang I had to move half of the junk in the shop to dig out John's Yamaha so I can make a few repairs on it. I have a lot of jobs in the shop that need to get done and out of the way. The Mustang needs some more paintwork and I have to get the compressors hooked back up and install the lights from the paint shop into the mechanical shop. It is maddening to have to reinstall and hookup all of this equipment just to take it all out again and sell it when I close the shop for good. I have a ton of work that I need to get out of here.

I got hold of Keith down in Key West. His houseboat was trashed a bit but was still floating. His little cruiser that the wife and I used down in Belize was sunk but will survive. I would love to go down and get it if he decides not to repair it. I have to wait until tomorrow or Tuesday to see what he wants to do. He has had that boat for something like almost 20 years. It has a small diesel in it and when we were down in Belize we cruised all around the out islands and fished the reef for a couple of weeks. It was a former Navy 26 foot lifeboat.

This is the boat I am talking about;

We had a great time with it and stayed out for several days just wandering around the reef and islands.

It was built like a tank. One night we were asleep on anchor and one of the resort boats slammed into us. There was no damage to our boat but the resort's go-fast was badly damaged. It turned into a real mess because the police were running the resort boat without permission and tried to say that we ran into them and we were running without lights. Our anchor line had been cut and I had to go dive for it the next morning. It was easy to find because of the crystal clear water. When the resort stepped in and said the cops were running their boat without permission everything turned on the cops. The resort kid that had the keys and let the cops take the boat was fired and the cops were in big trouble. We got gone real quick rather than hang around for the court case to see what happened.

The marks on the bow and the scrape on the rub rail were where the resort boat slammed into us. The boat was built to Navy specs and was overly strong. I would love to get it if Keith wants to get rid of it.

We traveled around Belize for several months but that is another adventure that needs to wait for another day. It was a lot of fun and I would love to go back and do some more diving along the coast and in a few of the rivers. It was an awesome adventure that very few ever get the chance to experience.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18674

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I forgot to mention that you should run a compression test to make sure there's not a hole in the piston.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18675

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Done it, compression is 125 on all 4 cylinders.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18676

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
That is excellent compression Russ. I really like that boat in Key West. What kind of diesel does it have?
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Salvor6. Reason: added a word

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #18677

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
The lifeboat has a little 4108 I think but it is not a Perkins. I think it was a Westerbeake. I want to buy it from Keith if he wants to get rid of it. I would drive down and clean it out and get it running. I would most likely work on it down there and then decide what I want to do. Either drive it home or trailer it. I have been off the water so long that if there is any way that I can cruise with it, I will. I would rather set out and drive it home the entire distance without even thinking about trailering it. The last time we took it out we cruised around for almost two weeks. It may be a little boat but it has a personality all it's own and I would give whatever Keith wants to get my hands on it. It is not fast but it is built to last. I tried to call Keith again today but just got his voicemail. :woohoo: If he wants to get rid of it I want it no matter what. :lol:

I am getting ready to take off treasure hunting and cruising again as soon as I can get all of this crap cleaned out of the shop and close down. This little boat would make an excellent dinghy or supply boat. I could anchor the main boat anywhere and running "I. R. Baboon" back and forth would be very economical. I am going to set up a "White Feather, Treasure Hunter" site and blog daily adventures and diving experiences. I don't care if I never find a thing. The real adventure is in the hunt and being with my friends and other treasure hunters. I would also keep this thread going but the other site will help with financing and setting up other help along with selling some things. This guy Robert is very knowledgeable when it comes to the internet and ways to raise money and sell stories, videos and other things to also help out. I am just a computer-illiterate idiot when it comes to this new technology. I know just enough to get myself into big trouble. Robert is young and this stuff is right in his corner. With this sort of planning I am looking forward to being able to pick up where I left off about 6 years ago. There are some very interesting wrecks and other things I want to get into over here on the west coast side of Florida. There are also many more in locations I can not get into right now. Those are the ones we will have to search as we travel. Once we have moved on we will be able to give approximate locations but not while we are there.

There are a lot of other considerations and thoughts I have about going back to some of the wrecks and dive sites that I have checked out many years ago that I want to go back to. I can't wait much longer or the cancer may come back. I want to get going and the shop and all of this equipment and junk is holding me back. I had gone fishing not far from where the Atocha was discovered. I had fished and cruised over that same area many times. Knowing that I had been right over the Atocha site is maddening. I wonder what other wild treasures I have passed right by. I have one place that I had found several very old coins on. I can't get into them right now but I'll bet they will turn some heads later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #18678

• sailing dutchman
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 5
sailing dutchman here!! My name is Robbert and would like you all to get to know White Feather and I better so we are going to vloging our work and travels to let you guys watch, learn and comment, please COMMENT on our stuff that is how we know what you guys want to see. We also need you to subscribe.
Here is a link to youtube. I will leave it up for a week and then take it down for editing this is just for Treasure works,com . I still need to set up patreon.com and viemo.com, the facebook is up but limited and there is a lot more to come so stay tune.

Facebook www.facebook.com/White-Feather-Treasure-Hunter-1982590152017551/

youtube
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by sailing dutchman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver, Dell Winders, thetigers2, scubasmitty

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #18679

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 22
IN THE RAW ??? :blink: YOU LOOKING PRETTY BAKED :whistle:

MUST BE THE HUMIDITY ! LOL

after the hurry-canes, there should be a few good prospects for fixer uppers down there,

after 6yrs stuck on the endless beach out here im still trying to get out that way, maybe this spring, got any good cheap rv park's out there ?
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 day ago #18695

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am going down to the Keys to help Keith with his boat in a few days. The next ex-wife is being a total pain and causing all sorts of problems and accusing me of just about anything you can imagine. I can not get into a lot of this right now but it isn't going to end good. I was tied up at the doctor and at the VA all day and got home at around 5. I fixed dinner and have been listening to her rag on me and Keith ever since. I am tired of it. I knew I should have sold her and kept my boat. Now I have to find another boat. :unsure:

I need to get away from being land locked and get back to treasure diving and cruising. I need a serious change of venue, fast or I am going to go as crazy as she is. :S

Okay, I need to get going and start getting things in order. I am going to help Keith and that is that. :angry:

Yesterday I had to move all of the boats and cut the grass. The grass cutting crew doesn't think that the grass under them is part of the yard. Whatever, I just had to get it cut so the landlord doesn't get on me about it. I have a before photo but can't find the after ones.

Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 hours ago #18698

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Do you need any help?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 1 day ago #18704

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Raining cats & dogs here right now!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 10 hours ago #18711

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 22
WOWSER;S WE'R HAVING A COLD SNAP

THE LAST 2/3 DAYS HAVE BEEN GORGEOUS DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP DARK DESERT.

over night lows in the 50's / 60;s range and the high today will be 82,,,Im loving it, ;)

over the last year I have been trying to get a few old guy;s together (ex mil) to save on living expenses and have a last adventure in this life, we are all leaning towards getting a house boat and floating down the ol'miss and wintering out next year in new orleans, then drifting down the coast to ya'lls neck of the woods to join the fun down there,

we are looking at boats in minn,il, south dakota,& iowa, but trying to get on CL in all these places is a major pain,,

someone put up a nation wide CL search app some time ago and it worked pretty good , but I lost it when I re down loaded a new browser, SO if you know of which app im talking about,,,,,,please put it up here so I can peruse the CL a little easier,,,

thanx in advance,,,,for that.

I hope everything works out good for you white feather,
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 2 hours ago #18716

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 15
Here ya go, amigo - www.searchtempest.com/
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate