Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(76 Viewing)  (76) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18850

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 13
More pics. The thing between my finger and thumb looked like several cobs in a clump. Iron rust.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18851

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
More pics. The thing between my finger and thumb looked like several cobs in a clump. Iron rust.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18852

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
More. Hopefully
Attachments:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18853

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
I will send more pics when I have good wifi.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18854

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 117
Ya Steve, keep those pictures coming and let me know when you are back here on the west coast. I got a couple places to check out. One of those places is the wreck 11 miles due west of Doctors Pass. Local charter boats have been taking divers out there to recover silver 8-reale coins. Capt. Dorwin Berrier magged it and got a 10,000 gamma hit.

It is well known among the locals. :woohoo:
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Salvor6. Reason: added last sentance.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #18856

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Wow! Sounds like good spot! Yes I will get with you when I get back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18858

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 286
B) Ahoy Y'All, I did the St Pete Flea yard this past weekend and did pretty well. I have officially started thinning out the shop and getting ready yo pack it in.

Steve, awesome pictures and finds. I would rather be out there with you finding stuff like that than being here finding ways to thin out the shop. I envy your searching when I have to sit here and try to sell junk. Bummer!

Pete, have I got some good news I think you will especially like. That Hatteras that was sitting at my shop.......................................................it's mine! :woohoo:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I am going to need some muscle from you and John when it comes time to work on the engines. My brothers will be heading here to help out too but I am going to have to launch it and find a way to get it to my slip up on the Manatee River. I will find the closest spot to launch as near my slip as I can. I am not buying the trailer with it because it is not a trailerable boat. It is to wide, to high and to heavy for my truck. I am also going to install a swim platform and am looking into designing a walk through transom. Any other ideas? I didn't want such a small boat but it is a bargain and I don't have time to keep looking. It may take years to find the perfect boat that I will be able to do everything I want. But, this is here now and I can get it NOW. It has a good design for what I want to do and a nice open deck, lots of inside room with good bones. The fly bridge is good but I will have to design and build a lower station out on deck. Driving from up above when trying to do any precision movements can be a bit tricky. But all of that is just to far in the future for now. I need to concentrate on getting the shop closed, getting the boat floating and running and getting those big 3208 Cats running right. Lots of fun ahead!

So, John, Pete and Robbert, what are your thoughts? Robbert, check with Stan and see when you two will be available. Not to soon, I have to get the boat in the water and to my slip up on the Manatee River before we start on the engines and find a generator. A diesel generator about 6 to 8 KW.

What do you think, guys?

Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18859

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ THAT IS AWESOME!!!! That boat will fly with those big Cat's. Just let me know when and I will be down there.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18860

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I'm working on it. I will gab with you soon. I have to get packing because I need to get out from under the shop rent so the payments won't hurt. Right now it would be tough to make payments on the boat AND shop at the same time. I'll know more in a few days. I have rented spaces at the Wagon Wheel Flea Market for the next month to start getting rid of everything I am not going to need to work on the boat. This is going to be an awesome work platform for not treasure hunting off of. :lol: Okay, I just found out that all 10 of my tanks are to old to have hydroed any more. They say there is now a 16 year limit for tanks. Some of my tanks have been with me for 40 years and more. Some are newer but all are over sweet 16. :S

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18861

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ that is not true. I have tanks that are 17 years old and they can still be filled.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18862

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Let me know where, these idiots around here seem to have their heads up their chimneys :lol: .

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18863

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Russ I can help you with those 3208s. I can do it my sleep. I know those very intimately and can work on them like Braille. The other good thing about them is no computer. All you need is wrenches. What trans do you have? MG 502? Twin Disc? I know them too real well.
I will be back in 2 weeks. I will try to put up pictures when I can. I have some wreck sites I know of but need to figure out the scatter pattern and then get down to work. I'll see you all soon. We will have to see what is at the bottom inside of a rum bottle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders, aquanut, Salvor6, WhiteFeather, thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18864

• sailing dutchman
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 5
For us it's looking to be 30 to 60 days before we can get down there we can be sooner but I would like to bring my boat when I come I'm in the process of building a trailer the haul it from Lake Texoma to Galveston not only that it's $1,000 to pull it out and put it back in the water

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 5 days ago #18866

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I'll take you up on that, Steve. It has twin discs. I'll get some photos in a few days. I have trouble lifting the engine room hatches. I will rig up a set of hoists or come-a-longs to raise the hatches. They are very heavy and as big as a Volkswagen.

I had 5 hornet nests in the boat. One big one under the anchor pulpit must have had near 1,000 hornets in it. They were not at all happy about the wasp killer I sprayed on them.
Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders, thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18869

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
What is wrong with them? Just normal maintenance? Or not running or not running right?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18871

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Someone who thought they were gas engines and he was an engine mechanic worked on them and now neither one runs. My brother, Stan came over from Texas and showed me what to do to get them going but I haven't had the time or health to crawl through them yet. The Port engine has the cooler and some hoses unhooked but it is supposed to be running. The starboard engine will rotate by hand and is supposed to crank but would not start, I bled the injectors and lines and did a few other little things. Stan checked it over and says it will run when I get it hooked up to the battery. I have found three water leaks and two fuel leaks but they all are something I can handle. I have a brand new D-8 battery that will be charged up and I will try to crank it sometime next week if my health lets me. Most of the engine cables are out and so many systems are unhooked that I am having trouble trying to figure out where they went. I am not going to figure on ANY systems to work. It has radar, a new fridge, A/C, inverters, shower with hot water heater, stove,(electric that I will throw out) and as I said; none of any of the electronic systems work as far as I know. Then again, I could be wrong, If I listen to the wife, I am always wrong, :unsure:
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18872

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ maybe you made a mistake in buying this boat. You should have stuck with the I.R.Baboon.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18874

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am sticking with Baboon. I will need a dink capable of towing the Hat if it breaks down. By the time I get the Hat in the water I hope to have Baboon up here. If not I will put the Hat in my slip until I have time to run down to Stock Island to get Baboon. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18876

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Baboon is a hell-of-a-dink!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18877

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Everyone should have their own lifeboat behind them. That little 4 cylinder diesel will be a handy item if we have to do a little digging to get the big boat off of a sandbar or SOMETHING. :woohoo:

The dink I hauled behind my sailboat was 22 feet and had twin 75HP Johnsons on it. The sailboat was "Parrothead's Dream" and the dink was "Tailfeathers".

Here we were towing "Tailfeathers" behind the sailboat. That little sailboat had a lot of power and could tow the dink up on plane.

This was Sherene cleaning the props on the dink.

Now it's time to get back out on the water and enjoy whatever time I have left doing the things I love doing.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate