Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(142 Viewing)  (142) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18996

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 291
B) I intend to check them very carefully. If we see anything that may indicate anything of interest we will have to get involved with permits and go after it on the up and up. I have several sites that I told you about and several more that we didn't have time to look over. We will get together with John and see what he thinks also. We won't be looking very deep and that will be an advantage over looking in very deep water.

Joe hasn't got the truck back to my shop yet. He ran into some kind of extension of another job and had to push my truck towing back. I hope he gets it before they tow it for him.

I'll gather the charts and we can show them to John when we go down to load the trailer next weekend. I definitely want both of your opinions as to the dive sites and what you both think.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 6 days ago #18997

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 117
Very good Russ. I am having my research guy send me sites to check out in the Keys and if his sites correspond to your GPS sites, it will be very interesting. I have my partner, Herman that owns a marine archaeological corporation LLC in Florida that can get us a permit.
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Salvor6. Reason: none
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #18999

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) That would be awesome! We'll have to wait and see what turns up on the comparison of the sites. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #19000

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 74
Salvor6 wrote:
Very good Russ. I am having my research guy send me sites to check out in the Keys and if his sites correspond to your GPS sites, it will be very interesting. I have my partner, Herman that owns a marine archaeological corporation LLC in Florida that can get us a permit.

Whar research guy are you talking about Pete?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #19001

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Oakiedowser.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #19002

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I will be at your shop Friday with Aquanut to help empty the trailer and move it to Ft. Meyers. I need another rum and coke.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #19003

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Got-cha covered! Morgan and Coke, the breakfast of Champions! :lol: :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 days ago #19008

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) After a bit of sanding on the Mustang I started working on getting stuff out of the trailer. Not the heavy stuff because the trailer is in the field and I can't get the hand truck behind it. I can unload the lighter stuff and the heavier items will have to wait for you guys to get here and move the trailer out onto the hardtop. I also had to re-rent the two units next to the shop to store this stuff in. I have nowhere in the shop where I can put it. I also can not leave it over at the flea yard. Way to much stuff. Okay, I also just got word this evening that Sherene's daughter from Panama City Beach is coming for a weekend visit this coming weekend. She will be here on Friday and I have to run up to the Tampa Airport to pick her up. I have no idea of the time yet but I'll let you know as soon as I find out. I am trying to get the truck running before Friday but if I can't Pete will have to run the trailer down to Fort Meyers. I will know more tomorrow evening or sooner. Like I said, I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I hear it.

I also had the fuel pump ordered for the truck and it came this afternoon. I started removing the truck's fuel tank as best as I could. It is also in the field and a bear to get to. I am going to have to get it towed out of the field and put inside one of the rooms so I can get under it with the creeper and unhook the wires and fuel lines so I can remove the tank. Out in the dirt the ground is to soft and the ants are a wee bit upset. The floor is easier to run the creeper across to get to the tank bolts and wires. :lol: Go figure, now I have to rent the same two rooms that I just got out of. Evidently, I haven't sold off enough junk yet. That bites to the tune of $450 a month. I hope I can get out of it before the end of the month. I only had to pay for two weeks, half of the month so far. If I can get out before December 1st I won't have to pay again. I want to close down completely before the end of the year if I can. I doubt it but that is the date I am shooting for. We'll see how that goes.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 day ago #19009

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today was another day for wet sanding on the Mustang. I am also working on some artwork that is going on it before I get it put back together. Nothing major, just a few little accents or maybe a drawing or picture or just some pin striping. I am not even sure yet. I have to decide something on it real soon before I get to the last few clear coats.

I got the truck inside the shop after much work and some crazy push-me-pull-you creations. The truck was on the dirt and grass about 70 feet away from the door and at a very steep angle. getting it to the door and into the shop was crazy. I managed to destroy my big floor jack by trying to move the back end of the truck sideways. I jacked it up and tried to pull it sideways to move the rear end in line with the doorway. It fell off of the jack and twisted the jack's frame pretty badly. It still works but it will not fold down all the way anymore. I used a come-a-long and some chain around the column between the doors connected to the truck's side step until I got it most of the way in the door. Then I had to switch the pulling point to the rear bumper and pull it inside the doorway. It took all afternoon but it worked and I managed to get that big monster in on the smooth floor where I could get under it on the creeper and drop the tank. It is out of the truck and ready to have the new fuel pump installed tomorrow. I think I need to get a new tool for releasing the fuel lines. They have some new system that requires high pressure fuel lines that need a special tool to release them. I haven't done any fuel tank work in a long time and these new fittings are strange to me. I borrowed a set of the release tools from John, another mechanic at the storage units, and managed to figure out how they worked without any problems. The tank is now ready for the new fuel pump. I just hope that solves the problem and I can get the truck back on the road.

I also started getting the junk out of the covered wagon and I am packing it into the newly rented shop. I should have the trailer nearly empty by the time John and Pete get here on Friday. I just may not be able to unload the heavy items.

A friend I have done some work for a few months ago stopped by to let me know that his wife had died. They were both 10 or 15 years younger than I am. I hadn't seen them since about the middle of August and had wondered why they had not dropped by like they used to about once every month or two. She was having problems with COPD the last time I saw them. It just goes to show that if there is anything you want to do, waiting is not an option. If you want to go out treasure hunting and are waiting to retire in 10 years, remember, you have no guarantees that you will live another 10 years. Or even 5 for that matter. I often tell about my Step-Dad. He was going to retire and travel around the world with Mom and he died four months before he was to retire. Think about it, retirement is a dream, not a promise. It doesn't come with guarantees.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 day ago #19010

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I hear you loud and clear Russ and I keep telling you the same thing. Shut down your shop and get your ass back out on the water doing what you love, fishing, diving and treasure hunting while you still can do it. You never know what will happen tomorrow.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 20 hours ago #19011

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
You are right on,Pete...

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 17 hours ago #19012

• seeker41
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 23
Yep,.... too much pushing ,pulling, lifting ,moving......
I said once before...tag sale/estate sale, sell it all off and buy a whitefeather II.

If you stiil have the paintshop in a few months i might need you to paint my samurai.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 9 hours ago #19013

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I am not keeping anything to work with. The paint shop equipment, compressors, paint guns, body tools and all related equipment is going. I can't keep anything or I will keep on working. If I don't have tools and other equipment I can't take on any work. I have worked many years longer than I had to and it is time to do what I want. I am in my middle 70's and need to quit working and start diving and doing the things I want to do before it becomes to late. I have a lot of heart tests coming up next month. Starting on the 13th I will be going through all sorts of stupid testing. I don't want to do it but the VA has seen fit to set up stress testing and all sorts of other stuff. I don't think I have any kind of heart issue at this time and really feel good about my health even with the cancer. I have beat it before and will beat it again. I don't even like the thought of those chemical heart stress tests. Why do I have to go through that crap?

:( I just got another news flash. Sherene's daughter is in some kind of training in Tampa and Sherene wants me to run up and get her Friday around noon. Then she is flying back to Panama City on Sunday and I am going to have to run her to the Tampa airport. I don't know what time the Sunday take off is so I am grounded for the weekend. I will have the trailer cleaned out by tomorrow, Thursday, and you guys can take it with you. It has working lights and is in pretty good condition for hauling furniture and such. Pete, you know your truck can handle it. I was wanting to get away for the weekend but it looks like I am not going to be able to make it. I don't know how much help I would be moving anyhow.

I'll give you and John a call in the morning once I get to the shop. I have to install a GPS in Sherene's car in case she decides to go pick up her daughter but I think she will have me do the running. She knows nothing about Tampa or even St Pete for that matter so I doubt that she will want to run to the airport on her own. I will end up driving her there or going to get her daughter myself on Friday.

I got the truck running today and will have it finished and put back together before noon tomorrow, Thursday and will turn my attention to getting the trailer as emptied out as I can before you guys get here on Friday. I have a few heavy items in there that I may need help with but the majority will be emptied out. I may have to leave the big toolbox in there because it is bolted to the trailer wall and floor.

I also have to send Keith an alternator for I.R.Baboon. It needs to be replaced and Keith said he would take care of it. I just happen to have one just like it here and will mail it to him tomorrow or Friday.
Last Edit: 1 month 9 hours ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 hours ago #19014

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
OK Russ. Don't lift anything heavy before John and I get there Friday. Sherene and her kids are like a leeche, sucking you dry.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 1 day ago #19015

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 74
I'll see you guys tomorrow morning.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 1 day ago #19017

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Between working on the truck and emptying the trailer I have managed to put myself on the disabled list again. You would think that I would have better sense by this time but NO, I am still an idiot in training. Between trying to lower the gas tank on the truck and having it slip onto my chest and left side and then trying to be Super-Idiot unloading the covered wagon I am in serious pain this evening. I think they call it stupidity! The pain in my left side and chest is very painful to the point that I just want to go lay down and stay away from everything and everyone. I don't even want to get up to get something to eat or drink. That was really stupid no matter how you figure it. I already felt sore and tired when I started on the truck and got really stupid unloading the covered wagon.

I have to run up to Tampa tomorrow to pick up one of the daughters who is over here for some kind of training and is staying over the weekend to visit her Mom, sister and nieces for the weekend.

Pete, I'll be at the shop early to get the trailer plug adapter out of the truck and figure out how to hook it into the system on your truck.

My other truck is a pirate ship!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 11 hours ago #19018

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today I went up to Tampa and picked up Sherene's daughter. On the way back we stopped by a seafood outlet called I.C. Sharks and picked up four dozen real nice crabs. We got home and put them in the steamer pot before the car's engine even cooled off. They were some of the biggest Blue Crabs I have seen since leaving the Chesapeake Bay. We ate until we were stuffed and there are still more than a dozen left. There were 6 of us eating nothing but steamed crabs and there are quite a few left. I'll take some to the flea yard for lunch tomorrow. :woohoo:

My back is still hurting but it is doing better than yesterday. John and Pete, did you guys get the trailer down there okay? I'm sorry I couldn't go down with you but with my back hurting like this I wouldn't be any use anyhow. I am aching just from driving today. And I didn't have to lift anything. I can't imagine if I had to drive my truck all the way down to your place. I doubt if I will work at the flea yard or not. I left a bunch of stuff set up under the covers and will not have to do any lifting or unloading. I may just go over and sit on my chair and watch people go by. I can leave a bit early and stop by the interstate rest area and do a little fishing. That sure beats working for a living. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 6 days ago #19019

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I hitched up the trailer and got it down to John's house just fine. I got the lights hooked up. Does that trailer have electric brakes? When I turn on the left turn signal it seems like the trailer is braking to the left.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Salvor6.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #19020

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) . Look under to see if there is an electric breaking system. I am not aware if it has electric brakes but it is big enough to have them. Maybe one of the wires is cross wired into the breaks if it is working. There is no hydraulic system or there would be a slave piston on the hitch end. I have several of those in the shop and if it needs an upgrade we can add one. I might be that the electric system is out on one side or cross wired into the turn signal on your truck. It never pulled sideways on my truck and was fairly easy to stop. Just be careful when you are hauling weight and allow enough stopping room. That trailer is heavy even when it is empty.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #19021

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
We got the trailer all loaded up. Ready to head to Orlando tomorrow morning.

Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate