Welcome, Guest
(146 Viewing)  (146) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 6 days ago #19172

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 117
You should have started another thread.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 5 days ago #19175

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 291
B) John and Pete, I am going to have to talk with you guys tomorrow if you are available. Today is Sunday evening the 3rd. My truck just broke down again and it is at the shop broke down. I have to get it going as soon as possible. I think I can get it going tomorrow if all goes well. I will stop at Auto Zone tomorrow morning to see if they have the parts I need. I have another thing going on that I need to get both of you up to date on. I will call tomorrow morning after 10.

The flea market wasn't a complete loss but it wasn't great either. It will most likely take everything I made over the weekend to fix the truck again. But, at least I have enough as far as I know for now. We'll see tomorrow. Don't you just love it when a planed disaster hits on the nose? I knew I was working my butt of for some reason. I have also closed down the flea market selling. I was talking to someone about just buying the shop and everything in it for one money and be done with it. The guy seems like he may be ready to buy me out if we can come to some kind of fair amount for both of us. I am willing to let everything go very cheap and move on. He may be surprised at just how cheap I will let everything go. All I need to keep out of all of the stuff I have is some of my tools to work on my boat and whatever I am driving. I won't know how to act if I don't have ten tons of worthless junk hanging around my neck every time I try to do something. Actually, if I don't have all of the tools, parts, materials and whatever else I am carrying to work with I just simply can't get into doing anything. Besides, I will be to busy diving, fishing and cruising around the treasure wrecks and other dive sites I am looking forward to seeing and diving again. :woohoo: That's the ticket, you are right, Pete, I need to get rid of everything at one fell swoop and get back to living while I still can. Actually, I will most likely sell everything for whatever ridicules amount I am offered. I just want out.......fast!

Okay, Pete and John, I will most likely be at the shop between 10 and 11 after I pick up the parts I need for the truck. I'll try to give you both a call if this gray haired brain can remember to call. :lol: :lol:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 4 days ago #19178

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ don't sell my pedestal grinder. I forgot to take it with me last time I was down there.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 4 days ago #19179

• seeker41
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey russ, thanks for the great deal on that pedestal grinder!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 4 days ago #19180

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 13
Hey Russ, good seeing you today. I'll get in touch when you are back. Good luck.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 4 days ago #19181

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
seeker41 wrote:
Hey russ, thanks for the great deal on that pedestal grinder!!!

:laugh:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 4 days ago #19182

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: :lol: Pete, it is right where we put it next to the compressors. Not to worry, it will be there for at least a few more hours. :lol: :lol: :silly: I mentioned getting it back to you to John the other day when he was here. I'll keep it here until you can get it or I'll drop it off to your house the next time I get over that way. Don't worry, it is perfectly safe where it is. I only use it to sharpen my apocalypse swords and knives. :lol: Oh yeah, and some fish hooks. :lol:

Ahoy Steve, it was great running into you too. I'll let you know when I get the Hatterass in the water and we can work on the engines. It may hit the water sooner than anyone thinks. I want to get out of here and get started diving before something else gets in the way. I find that as I get older by the day that there aren't as many days still out there that can be counted on. It is time I got this in gear. I need to get the boat in the water sooner than I thought and I want to get it running as soon as I can once it is ready.
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 1 day ago #19183

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) John, I managed to get my test appointments changed for the time being. It took me most of the day at the VA to get out of the tests for next week but it is done. Give me a call after 10:00 whenever you can. I am going to run down to pick up I.R.Baboon as soon as I can but I have to know what our other plans are doing. If nothing else I can find a way to get to Key West on a bus or maybe with someone going that way later in the week. I will just have to find a way to come up with a couple hundred dollars or so for diesel fuel for the boat to make the trip up here from Key West. I looked into taking a Greyhound down. It would cost about $100 give or take a little. That would depend on food or any extras I encounter. I might even be able to catch a ride with someone going to Key West or somewhere near there. If the wife was up to driving the return leg I could run down with our little Toyota for about $30 each way but she is not up to it right now.

I want to get down to pick up the boat and do a little diving along the way up here. Who knows, maybe I will take a few extra days to do some fishing too. Either way, I am going to go bet Baboon and get it up here so I can take a little time off and go fishing, diving and just spend some time out on the water.

Anyway, give me a call later and catch me up on what is going on. Talk to you then,

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 1 day ago #19184

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 74
I'll call you at 11. Pete was planning on riding down with you in your truck. I'm going to drive down by myself. Buying you diesel up here could save you some money. I'll call you later anyway.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 days 12 hours ago #19189

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 13
Good luck guys I hope this bad weather doesn't screw you up. Russ give me a call when you get back. You are in our prayers.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 days 12 hours ago #19190

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
The weather has been screwing us up ever since we got here and it is showing no signs of getting much better. It has been cold, windy and wet all week. We have another cold front heading here tonight and another one on Friday. I have no internet but found a W-Fi at a local restaurant for getting to my banking and writing this. I don't know when I'll be back on or even when I'll get home with the boat. I may be able to drive it north in a few days or so if all goes well.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 days 12 hours ago #19191

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 74
Pete had to leave the day after we got there. It's Tuesday and I'm back in Alva. Russ is still down there working on the Boat.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 days 11 hours ago #19192

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
SSSHHH, Johnny, :laugh: :S :unsure: I had a good day today and I think the boat is going to hold together when I head out into big water. I still have to put the engine cover back together and a few other small things but I made a lot of headway today and I got a lot done. I am still trying to get the boat to the point that I am going to be able to drive it home. I am making headway and I expect to be out on the water tomorrow or Thursday for my shake down and make sure that the boat will act like a boat and not a submarine or landing craft and land on a reef. I found a Wi-Fi spot at the restaurant that I get Cuban coffee at. Why didn't I think of that last week? :laugh: :lol: :lol:

:woohoo: Never give in and never give up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders, aquanut, thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 days 7 hours ago #19194

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Well Russ give us an update and let us know if the Baboon will make it up here.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate