Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(59 Viewing)  (59) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 4 weeks ago #19224

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 316
B) The kids came over for dinner Christmas day. I fixed a nice ham and we managed to have a great time except for the wife. She was feeling under the weather and wasn't up to eating to much. After the kids headed home she got very sick and has been miserable ever since. She hasn't been able to keep any food or drink down at all. Her blood pressure is way out of control. I got her some things at the pharmacy to keep her hydrated but there isn't much I can do except watch her and call 911 if she gets bad.

I did what I could at the shop and started moving some stuff out of the second shop. I may just load up the covered wagon and run it out to my brother's ranch. He said he would let me use a spot to store stuff until I can get this crazy surgery and chemo behind me and get back on my feet. That makes sense to me. Now all I have to do is make three or four trips from here to east Texas, About 750 miles or more each way. And my big old Ford F-250 Super Duty truck gets 9.8 MPG. That bites! At least the covered wagon along with the truck's bed and back seat will haul almost the entire shop in one go-round. That would leave just one boat here after I get all of the boat jobs out of the yard and leave the covered wagon at the ranch. I figure I could clean out the shop and get everything out to the ranch in two trips. Then I can concentrate on getting through this surgery and whatever else I need to get done.

The metal flake should be here in a couple of days and I can get back to that job. I have been feeding the dumpster at the shop with a lot of jobs that I have been going to work on for a very long time. Everything has to go before I have to go in for this next surgery. 4 to 6 months out of work or laid up recovering will bankrupt me. I would rather be rid of the shop and all of the worry and work that it brings so I can concentrate on getting well and maybe doing some fishing until I can dive again. :woohoo:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19225

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:) Sherene is doing much better today. She has been eating again and keeping food down and even getting on me about doing stuff around the house and getting to work on closing the shop. The beef broth I got has been staying down and even helped her feeling better, that along with the Pedialite helped with keeping her hydrated and has got her eating again. I know she is doing better when she starts complaining about things I am supposed to get done around the house. Things like ????Replace the floors in three rooms, take down the tree and lights, I just put them up Christmas Eve, wash the trailer with the pressure washer, feed the bird, get the garbage out. You know, the usual crap.

I need a rest from just typing what she wants me to do. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19226

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 128
Glad to see things are back to normal.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19228

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Happy New Year, Y'All!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19229

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Happy New Year Russ!

John, I called you yesterday but you did not answer. I guess you are not too happy after the Redskin's loss.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19231

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 75
Pete, I talked to your drunk ass last night, remember?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19232

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 35
aquanut wrote:
Pete, I talked to your drunk ass last night, remember?

:laugh: :silly: :silly: !!!!!!!!
Happy new year!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19233

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Test results....... Blood work came back good. Sometimes the test results will spike a little but that is normal for this type of cancer from what I have been told. So, I am not going to have to go into any kind of treatments at this time. I'll keep up the system I am on for now but nothing new will be added at this time and no serious additions will be added. No chemo, no radiation and no surgery is planned at this time. Everything is looking good for the time being. I still have to go in for the heart tests and additional blood work but that is all just to be sure I am up to any treatments that may be required in the future. I will keep an eye on future test results and do whatever the doctor says but for the time being I am happy to be off the hook. They are going to run some tests to see if we can find out what is causing the high pain levels in my back. They have a few suspicions but they are waiting for the test results before starting anything.

It is very cold down here. Upper 30's to lower 40's is really cold for down here. South Florida is not known for 30's and 40's. I like beach bunnies not snow bunnies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19234

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Good news Russ. We will just have to move further south to keep up with the global cooling! I'm going up north to Tenn. this Sat. for one week to test the global warming theory! It should be in the 80's up there.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19235

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Good luck, Bro, I'll hold down the fort down here. I am working on getting stuff out of the shop again. I am feeling better and have been feeding the local dumpster along with getting the tri-hull ready to sell. I also have some Osco manifolds for a 350 GM small block that are ready to go. This cold snap has slowed me down but it will only last a few days if we are lucky. Then I can get back to work. I still need to find out what this constantly nagging back ache is. I think it may be a damaged disc but I will wait for the test results before trying to fix it with my Buck knife. :lol:

I'm ready to move south until my hat floats to get away from this cold. :woohoo: :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19240

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Moving farther south sounds good to me!!!!!

Key west.....66 :dry:

Belize........75 B)

Turks and cacos.........83 B)

....my dream scenerio is to livaboard and island hop from florida to all points south/southeast....and it will happen within the next 5 years!!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19241

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Well I'm up here in the frozen tundra. It's going down to 11 degrees tonight. Tomorrow's high is 37. What am I doing here? I went in the wrong direction.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19242

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Seeker41, I've been there and done that and am still kicking myself for letting the wife talk me into returning and buying this stupid dirt dwelling. I need sea salt and salt spray from the swells hitting the bow. Anybody want a dirt dwelling and crazy woman? :S :evil: :whistle:

Pete, temperature here is lower 60's tonight but better than yesterday.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19244

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
We had freezing rain today. The interstate looks like a bumper car ride. Why do people live here? They just had a 35 car pileup on I-75.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Feeding time!
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Salvor6. Reason: added content

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19245

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: Fry those suckers, that'll warm them up! :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19249

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
More chickens!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19250

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hahaha.....hey pete, ...are you bored?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19251

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 132
I am assuming that we are going to be eating a bunch of Yard Birds at the Treasure Hunters Cookout...
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19252

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Looks like 'Free Range Yard Birds'.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19253

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) More tests done and over with. I have been scheduled for more on the 22nd and another series of treadmill and chemical stress tests on the 29th. I just wish they could find out what is causing the serious lower back pain and put a stop to it. The pain level isn't so bad that I can't function but it is extremely annoying and keeps me from concentrating and doing a lot of things that I want to do.

I heard a really good joke the other day and said that I wanted to post it here but now I can't even remember what it was about. It must be galloping Alzheimer's I suppose. Either that or I am just brain dead already. :S

My brother Robert sent me some photos of some of his airbrush artwork. I got him interested in airbrush work some years ago and he took to it like a fish to water. He has gotten very good.

This one is his rendition of my old work truck that I had back in the 70's. I had hopped it up a bit and did some painting on it. Bobby sent me this rendition of it. I thought it was pretty cool. These are freehand airbrushed.

I liked this one too.

Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate