Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(95 Viewing)  (95) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19313

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 319
B) John and Pete, Thursday or Friday will be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing you both again. :woohoo:

I went to the cancer center this morning for another bone density IV and more blood work. Everything is looking fine and my cancer center has decided to have my appointments every other month instead of every month. My tests indicate that the cancer has either gone into remission or has been beaten altogether. I am praying for the latter but will accept either for now. Just so I can get back to closing the shop and finishing the three jobs I have still in the shop. It's all good news!!! :woohoo:

I have also started gaining a little weight. I hit 170 this morning. That is only 55 pounds below my normal weight of 225. At my lowest I was at 140 and had lost something like 85 pounds. I hope it keeps going back up. At least to about 200 or there about. I still look like a concentration camp victim at this weight. I could easily use another 20 or 30 pounds at the least. 50 would be better.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19314

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I came home from the shop yesterday and fixed some French fries and poured a can of beef gravy over them for dinner. I finished off enough to feed a gang of teenagers and fell asleep watching TV. I woke up about 3 AM with the wife sitting here watching TV with her sleeping old geezer. :lol: Now I can't get back to sleep and feel like heading for the shop. Nah, I think I'll wait until the sun gets up. :lol:

Yesterday I started cleaning and painting on the covered wagon, I got one side panted and the roof repaired along with taping off the lights so I can work on it when the weather permits. It should be warming up pretty soon and I can clean it out and finish the floor repair and finish repairing the left side door doorsill. The doorsill support beam has almost rusted thru and I need to replace it before I do something stupid like fall getting into or out of the trailer. It is another one of those jobs that I have been going to get to "someday". Someday has arrived and I need to get the last of the work finished and get out of here in the next 4 weeks. I am getting down to the wire and want to get back to the things I enjoy doing rather than getting up every morning and having to work for 10 or 12 hours doing slave labor instead of searching for treasure. :woohoo:

Okay, I have to get something going for breakfast and get myself in gear. Catch you guys later.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19315

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The wife is not doing well. She has been having a lot of issues with her blood pressure and memory. She is also having trouble keeping her mind tuned in on what is going on around her. I have to find a doctor somewhere that can find out what's wrong and get it straightened out. I would guess this could be more than just blood pressure and could possibly be related to dementia. I am just not sure and her idiot doctors are passing the buck saying her blood pressure can't be controlled or it is hereditary and there is nothing they can do to help her. She is having trouble doing and understanding normal and simple things around the house. I have to get the shop closed so I can be at home and get her to the doctor who can solve this problem before it totally messes her head up.

I have to get going and get to the shop and get on with closing down and getting out from under this rent and workload.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19321

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thank You John and Pete for the help today. I'll have the tri-hull in paint tomorrow if all goes well. I worked until just before dark after you guys left and have I the interior sanded and ready to be cleaned out and painted. I'll pick up some carpet and get started on the steering and wires for the electronics once the paint cures in a few days and then I'll install the carpet. . Meantime, I'll get back on the Whaler and Mustang. I have to decide what I am going to do with the Hatteras. With the wife's health being so serious for the time being maybe I should just get away from it and concentrate on closing the shop and go back to living on a boat and seeing about getting back to a simpler time when we enjoyed getting out of bed and seeing what the new day brought. I am tired of working every day from daylight to sunset. With the wife's health in jeopardy I may need to start spending more time at home until she starts doing better but at the same time I need to get the shop closed. You guys see what I'm up against.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19322

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 131
I think you need to just get rid of the Hatteras. That way you will be on the water sooner.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19323

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) That's one thought, Pete, however, If I kept the Hat and get a reasonable payment plan I could get my brother Stanley to come over from Texas and give me a hand getting it ready to head out cruising aboard even sooner. It only needs to have the engines gone over and started. The electronics do need to be upgraded or replaced. If I get one of those other boats I showed you I would also have boat payments and electronics problems and possibly engine work. The Hat is a smaller boat with a lot of deck space that could be closed in for more live aboard space or left open to have the deck space for fishing, diving or stacking treasure on. :lol: I'll have to think it over after I hear the owner's offer of how he wants me to pay for it. If he offers a good deal with low payments I would be foolish to look for another boat that may need complete engine replacements over the repair work this one needs. I could put this one in the water now and have a place to move aboard while I keep working to close the shop. If I have a water-home I could put this mobile up for sale and get out from under the $1,500 a month that it is costing me. Then the shop rent wouldn't be so eminent to eliminate. The shop costs me around $1,000 a month plus whatever I spend working on junk. I'll just wait to see what the Hatteras offer turns out to be. Like I said, if it is to high I'll continue to look online for something big enough to live aboard and go do some treasure hunting and fishing as we travel up and down the coastline. The two boats I showed you and John photos of are both getting pretty high in price whereas the Hat has a much lower price tag. Of course IF the Hat needs an engine overhaul on even one engine it could run another $15,000 to $20,000. And that is something to also consider. I could be wrong about the engines only needing minor work. If I get the Hat in the water and find out I have to rebuild or replace an engine I am in real trouble. The boat would have to sit while I gathered parts and help from my brother to pull an engine and overhaul it. Bummer! :unsure:

Oh well, I have to get to the shop and start work or I'll never get out of here. :S It's time to go paint a tri-hull....... :woohoo:
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19325

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( I still have not heard from the owner of the Hatteras. If he doesn't do something very soon I am just going to move on.

I worked on the tri-hull the past two days and it is really starting to look sharp. I still need to get the engine running but I think it will be alright for some local diving and fishing. It is also a very shallow draft. John and Pete, you guys remember what it looked like Saturday, right? I'll post a photo of it shortly when I find them.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19326

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Are you done with the paint? I would really like to see the pics.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 weeks ago #19329

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Yeah, the paint is done and I am replacing everything. I had some photos I took yesterday and I'll see if I can find them.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Okay I found them. I am going to glue down some outdoor carpet and install a few other parts I have stored in the shop.

I have to run, the wife is dreaming up stuff for me to do..................
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19332

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thanks for the help today, John. The tri-hull now has steering and the engine is back together and ready to crank tomorrow. I have a little work on the other jobs in the shop but have been adding some time on my little fishing boat to Get-R-Done so I can get out and do a little fishing and diving as soon as the water warms up. I needs a break! With the steering ready for the finishing touches and the engine all together I am concentrating on a bit of equipment and dress-ups as I go along. I intend to take it down to Stock Island when I bring Baboon back and use it as a dink in case Baboon has engine trouble. That way I would have something strong enough to haul Baboon to the nearest repair area or at least to a safe anchorage so I can make repairs in safety instead of drifting around out on open water while I try to fix an engine or transmission. :woohoo: I am getting anxious to be out on the water again. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19339

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( I took a fall while closing up the other day but didn't think to much of it at the time. I decided to stop and do a little fishing on the way home but began feeling bad and called it a day just before dark. I got home and had a very bad neck pain on the left side. By this morning I was almost bed ridden. It took everything I could muster to get up and get to the shop. I sat and rested most of the day and still feel very sore. I didn't try to start the outboard today and may not try tomorrow. I am still feeling pretty bad and will just wait and give my body a few days to get over the fall.

Okay, the wife made something or other for dinner and I have to go guess what it is supposed to be. :S :unsure:

Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19340

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ you need to take care of yourself and call on me and John to help you out whenever you need the help. You know we will be there.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19349

• stevemc
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 14
Russ, I can help you with the Hatteras. We are back in Bradenton again. We had the boat out of the water to do a whole bunch of things. We have been praying for you and Sheree daily , since I saw you in Harbor Freight. Let me know if I can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19350

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am almost to the point of finishing the Mustang. There is a car show coming up on the 25th of Feb and I would like to enter it. I am still having trouble with the convertible top and trim. The trim has some pit marks in a few spots and needs a bit to much attention. Once the trim is done I can put the finish coats of clear on it and put it together.

Today I had a long hard time at the VA. I have to gather some information from the cancer center and submit it to them at the main office as soon as I get it. The cancer I have is serious and is usually terminal but I have been doing extremely well and it looks like it is possibly in remission for the time being. For how long is another problem. It could stay there for a few weeks, a few months or even longer. The VA is insisting on re-evaluating my treatment center's rating because they are sure it has been beaten and I am cured. ???? Multiple Myeloma is very serious and keeps coming back. Usually with a vengeance and worse every time. It has returned once since I beat it the first time. I know my blood work numbers are creeping up again but it will take another bone marrow biopsy to determine the extent and what we need to do to combat it. If the VA pulls the carpet out from under me it could take weeks or even months to get everything back in place when the cancer returns. Right now the Cancer center is my primary treatment center and can react in hours rather than having to wait for weeks or months to get authorization to go after the cancer when it returns. The VA wants me to gather the information and turn it in to them this week. I'll go by the cancer center tomorrow on the way to the shop and get the paperwork started before the VA decides to deny the cancer center the treatment authorization so they will get paid when they treat me in the future. It's always something....................... :S :unsure:

Steve, I'll be in touch as soon as I hear from the Hatteras owner. I have to get it out of the shop yard as soon as I can. I'll let you know what happens shortly.

Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19357

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( More crap from the VA. They have me listed as having the wrong cancer, they say it is cured and have incorrectly changed my benefits and are threatening to remove me from the cancer center's care and treatment. I jumped right on it and went to the veterans support people and filed for a correction and to be covered by the cancer center. I then had to go to the cancer center and get my reports and oncology results and hand carry them over to the VA. Now I have filed a correction and will have to go through a hearing or whatever the procedure is to correct another of their screw-ups. It seems to me that they should not give some idiot off the street the ability to screw up a Veteran's life because he doesn't know what he is doing. One slip up by this idiot and I have to go through hearings and information corrections that can reduce my benefits and income drastically. How can a system be so screwed up? If I didn't find this error I could have lost all of my benefits and income. As it is I can still be cut back to an income level that would cost me everything I own..... and then some.

John, give me a call sometime tomorrow morning. I'll explain more about what has happened. I don't want to get into it to deeply here. If you remember the call I got the last time you were here it all stems from that call and what I told you then. :S This is really crazy and bad as it gets when you have to depend on the VA.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 6 days ago #19358

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
It looks like that is the way the govt. works. Screw the veterans and give all the money to the illegal aliens.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 5 days ago #19359

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:(

The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 5 days ago #19360

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 40
russ,

we supposedly have the right president in office to make some long overdue changes in regards to veterans benefits. you could try sending him a letter or e-mail.
........ he once paid off a guys mortgage for stopping and changing his flat tire.

if I were president I would make it so vets had a "goldcard" that allowed expedited free healthcare at any healthcare facility and with any doctor they choose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 5 days ago #19361

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 77
This is about some jerk clerk having the power to pull a veteran's disability benefits at his whim without doing his due diligence. Had he investigated further he would have found that his assumptions and subsequent actions were totally unfounded and WRONG! Call you congressman Russ!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 4 days ago #19362

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) They are not going to beat me on this one. I have my records from the past 50 years behind me and a good bunch of people on my side. My brother in Texas has gotten me some other info and I am also looking into that angle. I also still have my letters and other documentation from my original discharge notification and subsequent documents from over the past to many years. One stupid little clerk-jerk is not going to destroy my awards and benefits. I will get everything back the way it belongs and has been for these many years. I may have to go by their schedule and watch them drag it out but in the end they will put my benefits and medical coverage back where it belongs. I am trying to get it done as fast as possible or there could still be consequences if I can't keep my bills paid on time. The wife's medication is foremost in this entire screw up. She has some very expensive heart and blood pressure medications that would be impossible for me to pay if I don't get this straightened out very fast. :S
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate