(136 Viewing)  (136) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 6 days ago #19363

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 316
seeker41 wrote:
russ,

we supposedly have the right president in office to make some long overdue changes in regards to veterans benefits. you could try sending him a letter or e-mail.
........ he once paid off a guys mortgage for stopping and changing his flat tire.

if I were president I would make it so vets had a "goldcard" that allowed expedited free healthcare at any healthcare facility and with any doctor they choose.

The Gold Card system makes to much sense. It would be an awesome way to help the Vets and save money. Like I said, it makes to much sense....
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 4 days ago #19369

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 23
The Gold Card system makes to much sense. It would be an awesome way to help the Vets and save money. Like I said, it makes to much sense....(quote)

as much as a travesty it is, I get better med care here in AZ as an indigent then fighting with the VA....

SORRY I havent been on here as much as I would like, but I have been a volunteer here in qzt vfw as bar tender and general needs kinda guy,,,,we have a golf tournament coming up, never swung a club in my life, BUT its gonna be fun with all the drinking im gonna do LOL... im praying for you brother !!!!!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

WHOO HOO, IM GONNA LIVE FOR EVER !!!!! LOL
www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/drinking-alcohol-key-living-90-article-1.3829634
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Last Edit: 4 months 4 days ago by scubasmitty. Reason: added text
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 days ago #19371

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went by the VA this morning but found it closed. Hopefully you never need a doctor on a "holiday". I could have run over to the hospital in Bay Pines but that is nearly a 50 mile drive each way and I have to go over tomorrow or Wednesday anyhow so I'll just wait and make one trip for three problems. :unsure: I am still waiting for my prescriptions from the cancer center to be written and I have to hand carry them anyhow. Once the cancer center doctor writes a script it has to be verified and rewritten by a VA doctor or I have to hand carry it directly to the pharmacy and go through the pharmacist so he can rewrite the script. Then it is added to my list of meds and I have to go back to pick it up once it is authorized and included in my list of meds. This is every month for the same meds I have been on for over three years, You would think that they would figure out that the scripts are valid by now and just accept them and send the meds but that would be to easy and make to much sense. Not to mention that I wouldn't have to drive 200 miles each month to deliver the scripts and then go back another day to pick up the meds. My truck gets 9 MPG which adds to the sensibility of the program. But the VA doesn't flinch when setting up things that make me run back and forth several unneeded times every month. Just in fuel and tolls it runs me about $30 every time I run across the bridge to and from the Bay Pines VA. 100 miles at 9MPG is about 11 gallons of gas= $28.60 plus tolls $3.00= $31.60. :lol: Ain't that fun?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 days ago #19373

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 129
Russ is there any way you can charge them for this? I know you get your toll fees back but that is pennies.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 days ago #19378

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
The only way I even get tolls is if I am sent there to see a doctor and actually see him. If I go over for anything else I do not get travel or tolls. I have to run back and forth for meds at my own cost. Some can be mailed but two scripts I have to hand carry over and pick up in person and those trips are not covered. Neither is any other appointment that does not meet the medical requirements. If I am told to go over for information updates it is not covered. I can not have some meds mailed. I actually have one that is carried to me by UPS out of Texas. They do allow the wife to sign for it but I have to wait for a call to verify that I have it in my possession and answer a score of questions and listen to their warnings about it. Some of these cancer drugs are really bad stuff.

I am just checking to see if I have any craigslist or eBay questions this morning before heading to the garage. I have set up one side of the second shop to do some sign work in. Hopefully I will get some work done and maybe even make a few dollars this week. If not I have a major bite coming out of my check this month if I get it. If I don't get it I will get locked out of the shop because I won't be able to pay the rent.

Gotta run!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 days ago #19379

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 75
You need to get your phone service changed! I called yesterday morning when I left Orlando.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 day ago #19387

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The Mustang is going into the final clear coats in a day or two. I am replacing some of the trim that the owner found at a Mustang junkyard up in Pennsylvania. It had to be refinished and even have some dents knocked out of it but at least we did find it. Online they wanted three times what it cost so I let the owner round it up. Now I have to find a right side roof latch for the convertible top. As I am reassembling it I keep finding little things that are becoming a pain. But, at least the end is in sight.

I also had someone come by to look at some parts twice today but nobody bought anything. They all want you to knock your price down to nothing and I am not going to start giving things away just yet. I do need to get some money coming in but if I give things away I still can't pay the rent.

I am still working on setting up to paint some signs as soon as I get the Mustang done and gone. I have had an offer on some tools but if I sell tools before I am ready I'll just have to buy more. The tools I am going to sell off are the extras that I will have once I set up one good set to carry with me when I travel. I'll need enough to do any repairs on the truck, boat and the wife's car if we keep it. All of this other crap will have to go. I won't need the engine hoist, compressors, and a lot of other big items but for now the big engine hoist is holding the Boston Whaler up so I can work on the trailer under it and on the bottom of the boat. Engine stands? Yeah, they are holding engines that need to be gotten rid of. Power tools? Yup, I still need them, Saws, drills, jigsaw, grinder, polisher, cutoff wheel? Yup, they are all indispensable at this time. Every thing is needed until I have the trailer or boat loaded and I am ready to head out of here. It's a catch-22. I need them to finish up the work I need done and can't get it done if I sell the tools. So, I just keep working until the work is done and then I can sell off what I don't need. I've just got to keep plugging away at these jobs and sell off whatever I can. It's crazy but it is all I can do right now.

Okay, it's time to get this show on the road and head for the open water. I need a bigger boat!

Last Edit: 4 months 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19425

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Three pieces of trim are missing off of the Mustang. They are in the shop somewhere but there are probably near 50 plastic containers stored in there and finding the one with three little missing pieces in it is going to be maddening. When I moved a bunch of stuff out of the other shop bays I let the grand kids help and I guess one of the boxes of Mustang parts got put in with the other junk I have in 49 other boxes. :S

Considering that, I also stepped on a board with three nails in it and ran them into my right foot. That is going to make walking on it a real problem for a while. One of the nails was rather long and went clean through my foot just behind the little toe between the knuckles. It is very painful and has swollen pretty badly. I am sitting with it propped up and it is still throbbing and hurting. Not a good indication of things to come. Slowing down or stopping is not an option at this point. I am still looking at boats and as soon as I find one that I want I will put the house up for sale. This place will sell fast. Especially if I keep it below $10K. These mobiles are in high demand where we live and they really do sell quick. That will give me some extra money to get the boat ready and head out to start diving and treasure hunting again. The wife has also said she is ready to get out of this dirt dwelling and get back out on the clear blue waters of southern Florida again. I was thinking I could have had the work in the shop finished by the end of February or March and get out of the shop for good. What a day that will be!!! :woohoo: Back out on the water and headed for the adventure of treasure diving, fishing and cruising again.

Today would have been my son's 52nd birthday. I never thought I would have to bury one of my kids. It still gets to me when birthdays and special occasions or holidays come around. I used to call him and his sister every Sunday, holidays and their Birthdays no matter where I was. This photo was taken the day before my wedding to Sherene. He was on our back deck with his son fishing. I was throwing bread on the water and Rusty's son Eric was catching little croakers that were nearly pulling him overboard so Rusty was holding him. This is one of my favorite photos. I put it on a coffee cup for Rusty one Christmas. Eric is now in the United States Marines and is a jet mechanic. An awesome young man. I'm very proud of him also.

Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19426

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I formally put my house up for sale Friday. The real estate agent already showed it twice and he is bringing another couple over today. He said it will sell fast. We are asking $170,000 for it. I paid $59,000 for this house 35 years ago.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19428

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Hey Pete, CONGRATULATIONS! I really enjoy hearing good news.

If you, or anyone are interested, I think you could probably buy the house I am in on a 5500 acre lake for a bargain price of around $40,000?

I got the shock of my life last week when I received a notice that I am living here unlawful, and I am being evicted and have to surrender the property Thursday, March 1st, 4 days from now. This has been mine and Trudy's (deceased) home for for 30 years. I am devastated. I am just now getting out of bed for an hour or so each day, from surviving another heart failure 3 weeks ago.. I am weak and helpless in facing this new challenge .

My drivers license expired in August, so I am basically trapped here without transportation. That leaves me in one heck of a predicament. My Food stamps stopped 3 months ago. a welcomed $123 a month. Facebook friends donations have certainly been a help to my everyday survival.

I've probably got $30,000 in Craigs list assets in the house and 2 sheds, but when I am evicted they become Abandoned property and are at the property owner's Trudy,s son Jerry) disposal. I called him last night to Beg for time, and he told me it was out of his hands. I had contacted his lawyers and they said they were being paid to follow Jerry's orders?

There is not enough time to sell anything, so I went on Facebook to try to raise a quick, $1000 to rent a storage room, a truck, and hire a couple of people for a few days to pack and move. So far, no takers. I don't blame them . That's not a very good deal unless you are a philanthropist with money to spare.

I have been working on a new Remote Sensing Discrimination Locator for the Treasure, and other industries, and would have had it ready except for the delay with the heart problem. I am about 3 weeks away from having a living income when this event happened.. I already had 4 orders to deliver, and 15 potential buyers. I sent word out yesterday that I can't deliver. I've worked hard to develop this project with no resources..

If I can't raise money store my stuff, and that is unlikely, I'll be giving away a lot of it if I have time.

Since I can't drive anywhere, and have 1 dollar and change in my pocket, I have a bed in my van, and a 16 foot cargo trailer I can convert to live in, I'll just have to pull down my dead end street and park until I either get caught or find a place that will let me park .

I still have 4 days for miracles to happen. Dell Phone 863 422 5454, leave a message. E-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Dell Winders.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19434

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Dell $40,000 for your waterfront house is a STEAL! I have seen your property and it is a bohemian paradise. I would love to buy it but it is too far away from my friends and relatives. I plan on moving to Pasco county.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19435

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 23

I left you a msg,

on the # you provided, my com padre and I would like to use our VA housing allowance to purchase your property, PLEASE contact me ASAP to do so !

we have been trying to get over there for 6/8 years now, NOW we have a good excuse to do so !!!

I left my ph# and will be working all day tomorrow, BUT I will be checking my ph, every hour for your call !!! YES they DO happen,
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19436

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi Smitty, You don,t want to buy a pig in a poke. Start by looking it up on Google Earth. 1153 Shady Cove Road E, Haines City, Fl 33844. You won't see much of the house because of the trees. But, you can get an idea of the surrounding properties and relation to town.

$40,000 low ball figure is only what I heard from a fellow that talked to Jerry on the phone. I don't know.. It's probably going to take another $10,000 to put in a well and do repairs. The lot is small, only 50 foot wide. There is only 1 tiny bathroom in the house, no Fire service out here, and there are county restrictions limiting the number of vehicles or boats allowed in the yard. I think this area is zoned Agriculture. Taxes are about $600 a year, then of course there is insurance. I don't remember for sure but I think the property is appraised for around $ 78,000.

Later,I can give you a fuller description. The house is mostly cement block and has withstood 4 hurricanes since I have been here. Dell
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Dell Winders.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19437

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 35
...............I'll just have to pull down my dead end street and park until I either get caught or find a place that will let me park" .

dell, couldn't you take your camper/van and trailer to a rv park and live there in your van?....about $350.00 per month plus electric???

I will help you get things in order and moved but might need someone to come pick me up unless I get my bike or truck repaired this week. truck needs a clutch, bike needs new brake pads.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19438

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I sold my house!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19439

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 35
wow!!! congrats pete ! :woohoo: :blink:
......you have somewhere to move to? upgrading or downsizing?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 4 weeks ago #19440

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I have a couple places already picked out in Pasco county.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19441

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, I see that I am not the one with the worst problems around here. Dell, What is going on with the family? Have they lost their minds? You are supposed to take care of your parents and help them when you can. Not tell them to move out of the house they have been in for 30 years. I wish there was something I could do to help but I am also in deep do-do right now.

This afternoon I got a letter from the VA that says they are canceling my disability because the cancer is cured under their rules. If I stop chemo they consider the cancer cured. Therefor they have decided to reduce my disability to 0% and discontinue my disability payments right along with it. I may be able to fight it and get it re-instated but it could take several months and in that time I will lose everything we have. Our ground rent and other bills are really high and I can not make it without the VA income. I am actively looking for a boat that we can move aboard real quick and keep near here so we can make our doctor appointments. I don't know if the wife is going to be up to it but that seems to be the only option we have at this time. I stand a good chance of restoring my disability income but it may take months and that is really bad. They are saying that the cutoff will be this week. If I can't pay my shop rent and the ground rent here at the Cove we are in serious trouble and will lose the house and everything I have in the shop. If I don't get the rent paid they will lock me out and eventually have to sell off everything I own. I have to get the rent paid even if they cut me off at the VA.

John, I have to get your engine and boat away from here in case I can't pull this together and get the bills covered. I'll call after I get back from the VA tomorrow. I'll know more of what is going to happen by then. Either way this does not look good. Even if I find a boat I will have no way to make payments on it without my income.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19444

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) It is back under control for the time being. I have to get some information from the cancer center to prove that the VA's idiot is wrong and I will be reinstated in the Agent Orange program and everything will go back to where it is supposed to be. It should be fairly easy and I am going by the cancer center to get the necessary paperwork so I can file it and get a hearing scheduled. Then it should be reinstated and I will go back to getting paid along with keeping my treatments going. Where do they find these idiots? Most are good at their job but it's the idiots that keep showing up and the twenty others end up working overtime to correct the screw-ups that the idiots make. :S

I'm heading to the shop to get the junk there ready to sell, give away or throw away. I am looking at another 40 foot sailboat tomorrow. Gotta run. I am at the VA library and need to get back to the shop before I dissolve into a salt lick or something. :S :unsure:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19445

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Good for you Russ. I have a feeling you will win.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate