Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(106 Viewing)  (106) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19447

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 319
B) Gotta run, the guy just called about the 40' sailboat and I have to run to Sarasota to catch a ride out to the anchorage to look it over.

I'll get it together, Pete. They can slow me down but I'll keep coming at them until I wear them down. :lol:

I'll try to check in later. Dad is leaving Baltimore to drive down here for a week or so tomorrow so I have to help the wife get the house in order or she will have another hissy-fit. I still haven't finished replacing the flooring in two of the rooms but I will cover the damage where I feel it is not safe if I have to. Most damage is against the outside wall.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19448

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am trying to work out a payment plan for the 40' boat I went out to see yesterday. It needs work but should be doable. We'll see what the owner wants. It is a little small but I think we could make it work for a while. Maybe something bigger later on.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19450

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 40
seems like you guys would not be happy with almost no deck space for chairs and table or walking around easily ?
are you searching all of florida craigs?

try the links below and see what you think.

daytona.craigslist.org/bar/d/live-aboard-for-good-running/6474694722.html

sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/d/hatteras-41-tc-my-available/6459873499.html
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by seeker41.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19451

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 131
Well I started packing all my shit to put in storage. What a job! trying to box up 30 years worth of collecting junk. I might need help with this (John). At the current rate I will have everything packed by September!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19459

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Pete, my big trailer is available if you need it. Just give me a call and I will start emptying it out.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19461

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Thanks Russ but I don't think I will need it. I'll let you know. First I'm going to move all my stuff in to a storage unit near my house. I can do that with my truck. Then I will have to find another place to live. Maybe a boat. :woohoo:
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Salvor6. Reason: added content

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19463

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Dad and Jean and I went to the Red Barn Flea Market today. The wife decided that she didn't feel up to going and stayed home. Tomorrow we are planning to head over to St. Pete to the Wagon Wheel Flea Market. The wife didn't say if she wants to go tomorrow yet. We'll see how she feels in the morning.

When I fixed dinner this evening I had to watch the steaks on the grill real careful. It has only two settings, way to hot and slightly warming. The guts are rotted away from 12 or 14 years out in the weather and several years of traveling aboard our boats. We got it right after we sold the sailboat and bought the Sea Ray. I think that was when we were living in Marathon out on the hook. Around 2003 or 4. I know we had it in "05" when we went through the 5 hurricanes in Boot Key Harbor. Yeah, I think that was when we got it. It is so rusted that I have replaced the burners and deflectors three or four times over the years. So, after dinner Dad, Jean and I went back to Wal-Mart to look at the grills that were on sale. We had walked through there on the way home from the Flea Market and saw some real nice stainless looking grills on sale really reasonable. We were looking at them and I liked the price but wasn't quite sure I could afford the money. Dad said he was pitching in to cut the price down way to low to not buy one. So, now we have a brand new gas grill that has all of the bells and whistles and a few real nice grilling options. this one even has the temperature gauge. That's something I have never had on a grill before. I do have one that I bought last Christmas that mounts on the old grill but now I won't need it anymore. :woohoo: WAY TO COOL!!! I have used my old grill as much if not more than the cook stove that is in the house.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19479

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, I have two boats that I am interested in getting. Both are 40' plus sailboats, one is key ready at $15,000 with owner financing. The other is $14,000 and is going to require a few months work.

The $15K one has someone living aboard who wants to buy it but the owner said he only has until the 10th to get the money together or arrange financing,

The one at $14,000 is in need of flooring work, two chain plates need repair and it will take about 2 months to get it ready to move aboard. It does, however, have a brand new engine, all brand new sails, a recent bottom painting, a new prop and shaft and a few other upgrades of electronics and even a water purification osmosis system.

I think I would rather wait a few days and see if the live aboard guy can raise the cash to buy the boat. It is also tied to the same dock that my lifeboat "I. R. Baboon" is docked at. Anyhow, I will give it a few days to see what is going to happen with the guy living aboard the boat in the Keys. The owner gave him until the 10th to get the financing together. I'll wait and see what happens.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 2 weeks ago #19480

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
good luck russ!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19504

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Dad's car is running rough and having some kind of vibration and noise in the front end so I am taking it to the shop and seeing what I can do with it. Gotta run....

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19510

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) John, I solved the carb problem and the engine seems to be running fine. The leak has stopped and it seems to have a lot of power and idles nice and slow so that it shifts like it is supposed to. I will drop it in the water in a few days when the weather and my back improve and see how it runs under normal conditions. My Dad came down and we have been working on some things together but my back has been acting up a bit more than normal and I am going to take a few days and try to rest. I also have a yard sale at the shop this weekend. Several of the renters are going to set up a huge yard sale and I am going to try to get rid of some of the stuff around the shop. I'll let you know what happens later. I am supposed to run down to see about that 40 foot sailboat on Monday, but, if I am feeling like I am today that may have to wait too. I had to replace both batteries and brought the ones out of the boat over to my house and put them on a slow charge for a few days.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19511

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
John, come on up here this weekend and bring your fishing poles. We will take your boat out into Tampa Bay and catch mackarel. I heard they are running thru the bay right now. We will have a fish fry and smoked mackarel and beer. We might even take Russ and his Dad with us. That's why we live down here, right?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19512

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I have a yard sale to run at the shop this weekend. Also, the boat is running good on the hose but hasn't been tested out on the water yet. John can attest to what it did the last time we went out thinking it would run. It worked great at the end of a hose and wouldn't let us shift into forward at the ramp. You can take a chance and I think it will run great but I was wrong before. I don't have time to test run it today because I have to get ready for the yard sale. I need to sell off some of this junk.....errr, great stuff and get out of the shop. If I don't raise some money fast I may lose the chance to get this sailboat and be able to sell off the house and get back out on the water. :woohoo: :lol: :evil: :evil: :evil: :whistle:

I got Dad's car running right and quieted it down and now I can hear one of the break warning scrapers sounding off like there is a low break pad. Dad said he had a break job done before he started on this trip but I think they may not have bled the calipers and one may have stuck and wore out a set of pads. I had one do that a long time ago. It kept pressure on the pads when you stepped on the break and they wore out in a few hundred miles. I need to jack it up and check the right front wheel. Dad and Jean went to the flea market here this morning so I'll head to the shop and get the big floor jack out and move the tri-hull out of the way. When they get through at the flea yard they will run by the shop and I'll check out the breaks.

I had best get out of here and get to the shop. I'll try to test run the pontoon boat as soon as I can. If you guys want to try it out feel free to stop in and give me a call and I will meet you at the marina so you can hook up and try it out. You can drop it in the water right here to test run it out on the river if you want or take it to one of the ramps anywhere you want.

I want to get back out on the water and get back to treasure diving and doing the things I miss. I need to get things back to where I need to be before this cancer comes back and I have to go back into radiation treatments or chemo or surgery. I don't know what is in the future so I want to get this thing going.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19513

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 77
Pete, No boating until Russ has a chance to check everything out.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19515

• susieq
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 11
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19516

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ you need to at least check out the 40' Sea Ray Jersey Yacht cruiser that susie posted. Current bid is $3,370 and there is two days left to bid. It's in Cape Coral. Not far from you.

www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=607&acctid=325

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19518

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I checked it out. I am looking for something with diesel power and a lot of living room. I have to get rid of some of the stuff I have here and find someone willing to help with financing the boat. I would consider it if I had the cash to lay out but I am not in any condition to pay out even that kind of cash. I have a few to check on and two that have expressed the possibility of owner financing. I have to sell the house to get things going and I would need a few weeks or maybe a couple of months to get any sizable down payment or be able to get a boat paid ahead for a few months. I am looking.... :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19520

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I sold my house in one week.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19525

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :woohoo: I am counting on a similar sale timeframe, Pete. I aim to sell low and be able to get out of here fast when we get ready. These places normally sell pretty quick and when they are priced low enough they go really fast. I have seen them go in a matter of days. However, we are not to that point just yet. I have to find the right boat and get the doctor and treatment for both the wife and myself set up before we even consider the change. If everything is not set up before we are ready we can't do it. The wife's heart and blood pressure are even more important than my cancer treatments. I can go to almost any cancer treatment center and have several weeks to months to get things set but her heart and blood pressure are more critical and can kill her much faster than the cancer can get me. Her doctors need to be accessible at short notice and have her medical files available when she is seen.

I wanted to go down to look at the boat on Stock Island but it looks like I will have to pass. I didn't make any money this weekend and Dad is not up to running down to the Keys right now. He hasn't felt good for the past few days and I don't want him to overdo it and have any health problems. The wife had a few problems of her own this weekend and I think she is also having problems.

Gotta run, I'll get back to this shortly.........

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 1 week ago #19527

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
any updates on dell, was he forced out? did he find somewhere to go?
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate