Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(77 Viewing)  (77) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 8 months 3 days ago #19528

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 158
Seeker no news on Dell. Russ don't sell too cheap. Since I signed the contract I have people driving by daily and asking about the house. One guy even offered $170,000. I think I sold it too cheap. I asked the real estate agent if I could cancel the contract. Of course he said "no" so I told him to put a "sold" sign out there. Russ ask a high outrageous price. You may be surprised at how many offers you get. You can always come down but like I learned, you can't go up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 8 months 3 days ago #19529

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 354
B) There is no way I could lose money on this place. We bought it to repair and sell to make enough money to fill the boat a few times but the wife fell in love with it and she wouldn't let me sell it. When the cancer hit I ended up having to sell the boat instead. We got it way below what you would believe. All of the homes around us are much higher than ours and we have had offers 10 times over what we paid with two people saying that if we call them when we want to sell they will keep their offer open. I have to get things in order and find the boat that we can live with. I would like something like the Carri Craft we had or a houseboat with some rear deck space to use as a dive platform for treasure diving and fishing and possibly some upper deck space. But that's all still up in the air. I didn't get to go down to look at the sailboat yet and I don't really expect the guy to keep holding it for me. I'll have to find something closer to here. Again, the wife's doctor appointments and such are really hard to work around. She even has three tomorrow and another in a couple of days. I will keep looking but it may take some time to get this all together. I won't give up. Sooner or later I will run into something I like that someone will help us finance.

I have been working on the shop to start getting it cleared out and I am making some real good headway. You wouldn't believe the room I have in the shop right now. One piece at a time is going out to the dumpster or being sold off. If it keeps going like it is I may be out of one of the units by the end of this month. That may be a bit of a stretch but not altogether impossible. We'll see what happens over the next two weeks.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 8 months 17 hours ago #19536

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Wow, I can walk to almost anywhere in either side of the shop without having to climb over or move anything. I do, however have a half loaded covered wagon. What I am doing is clear out the shop and move everything to a small storage room over at the flea market. The flea market storage yard is a lot cheaper and will save me about $325 a month over the cost of the shop. I really need to get at least half of the shop closed for now. :woohoo:

Dad is visiting for another week or so and we have been working together at the shop. He is 92 and still keeps up and is sometimes ahead of me. I need to watch him constantly because I am afraid he will try to lift something that could hurt him but he just keeps doing whatever he wants.

I am still looking for another live aboard boat but the wife has not been well and I am having second thoughts for the time being. I'll have to wait a bit and see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Not much happening on craigslist with sales so I am also just waiting to see what happens when the snow birds leave and we can get back to locals getting back out on the water and doing other things. Thee weather is supposed to improve here this weekend and I want to get back to testing the pontoon boat's engine and seeing how it does out on the bay. It should do well but I still want to test run it for a few hours anyhow. :)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 8 months 6 hours ago #19539

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:angry: I am doing battle with the VA again. I spent the entire day over there trying to get some paperwork entered into my hearing file only to end up having to go back tomorrow. Dad and my step-mom Jean and the wife all sat around for about 4 1/2 hours waiting for our turn to see the rep only to be sent back to my doctor's office tomorrow to get a single X placed on a report. The doctor missed the block to mark with an X and the rep would not allow me to mark it even with the doctor's verbal permission on the phone. I faxed the paper back to the doctor's office and they did not have the right return fax number. After waiting for the return fax for over an hour I called the doctor's office and they told me of the oversight and I gave them the fax number. Another hour went by and the VA office closed. They said the fax had not returned and it was closing time so I would have to return tomorrow. Typical VA.

I don't feel well tonight so I am going to cut this short and get to bed early. I have a long day of waiting on the VA again tomorrow.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 4 weeks ago #19546

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Today went a little better at the VA but not by much. I did finally get the paperwork into my file. I have a few skin cancers that have appeared and wanted them checked out. They gave me an appointment to make an appointment when I get to Bay Pines next week. I was also told that I have an appointment already in May at dermatology. Wonderful, I think I'll go over to Bay Pines and see who I can hassle on Monday. I'm sure I can irritate and aggravate someone who isn't busy. Ya Think? :lol:

Typical government workers, Right?

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19564

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Sorry for not keeping up the past few weeks, Guys and Gals. I have been a bit under the weather and with Dad and Jean here I have been tired up pretty good. I have to get out of here to the shop and get the golf car started and get a few other things done before heading to the VA again today. I have someone coming to see the cart this morning and I want to be sure it will run like it is supposed to. :S

I have a couple of serious skin cancers to have treated as soon as possible. The doc said that I should attend to them as soon as I can because two of them are serious. First he said one was really bad but he called and said there was another one that should also be removed. To me, they are all serious but what do I know? I'm just the idiot they are growing on. Duh!

I have someone who is supposed to come over to look at the golf cart this morning and I need to be sure it is going to run. The batteries were stone dead and I have had it on the charger all weekend. I just hope that was enough.

I am feeling a bit tired and my back is very sore and I need to get this work finished. I have so much to do that I had best get started. I didn't get much sleep the past few days because my lower back has been really bad. But, as usual, I'll get through it and get on with the work I need to get done. That includes getting the shop cleared out and get everything packed away in a storage unit so I can get at least one of the two shop bays closed and out of my pocket. I guess it's time to get on with it. :woohoo: :S

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19565

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Hey Russ, how is the Mustang going?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19566

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
The Mustang has been on hold for the past few weeks due to some needed parts and the problem with the high moisture and cold temps. I should be able to get back on it in a few days. It looks like Dad and Jean are going home on Thursday so I will be able to get back to normal work and get some things done. Dad was helping me at the shop and hung out with me every day. I had to try to keep him from getting into to much because he wanted to help out with everything and I was afraid that he would hurt himself or get hurt trying to do more than he should. He is like me in that respect, I also don't know when to stop or when to slow down until I hurt something or pull some muscles or do something else equally stupid. Now I know where I get it. :lol:

Dad and I took the pontoon boat out for it's first test run today and other than some power problems with the batteries it did pretty well. No carb leaks and the engine ran very well. It does stall if it idles down to low but that should just be an adjustment. The batteries dying between the shop and dock is another matter. I will have to figure that out but at least it does run once it gets started. I had to take the battery out of my truck to get it started and unhook it once the boat started but it did run and I put all my batteries on charge this afternoon so they will be charged up and I can find the power drain when I get it back in the water in a couple of days. :woohoo:
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19567

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 47
russ,
........I know how you can live aboard and travel and not have to worry about anyone being to far away from medical help, full time live aboard nurse that wants to sail and treasure hunt for her "services rendered" she would be able to take care of you both .........

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19569

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: I don't think the wife would like the competition, even that little bit. Sorry! :S

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19570

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Weather has cooled off and the winds have picked up to20-25 with gusts at 35-40. Not good for boating, snorkeling or anything out on the water. Bummer! Dad and Jean have to leave tomorrow so it looks like we won't get to go out fishing or cruising this trip. Up north the weather is snow, sleet and freezing temperatures. They will have a serious trip north. Having a breakdown would be dangerous if they don't have some heavy winter clothing in case they need it. I broke down in Ohio once on an interstate at 17 below zero with my nephew along and we had to sit out in the truck for about 4 1/2 hours before help arrived and we liked to have froze to death. We were going north out of south Texas and it was warm where we lived and we were not prepared for the cold. We were lucky to have had some bedding in the truck. If we had been elderly we would not have made it. I have to make sure they are ready for the weather if they have a breakdown.

Today I have to stay home from the shop and help get Dad's van loaded and ready for the trip. Yesterday I worked on it to be sure it was running right and ready for the trip. He is taking a trike home that I gave him so he can get out and ride a bike once in a while. That has to get loaded on the top of the van. We'll see how that goes. If it is to hard to get up there I will just take it up for him in a few months if I get a chance to go up. :woohoo: :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19571

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 28
and then we have this alternative- keys.craigslist.org/boa/d/house-boat/6499937523.html
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19573

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Ropesfish, Thanks for the heads up. I already sent them an offer and will let you know what they say. Awesome looking boat and I have just the slip for it until I get it ready to cruise on into history. Kewel boat!

If I get this boat, you and the family will have to go out on the maiden voyage with us or when we get her home here on the Manatee River. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19575

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Dad and Jean leave for Baltimore in the morning. I also have an appointment at the VA at 10 so I have to leave here before 8:30 due to the morning rush that piles up traffic. If I am late they will make another appointment about 6 months down the road. :( That would not be good. This one is for the skin cancer that has the doctors concerned.

I will finish loading tools and fill up the truck in case Dad has any problem on the road. If he is less than half way home he would call me and if he is closer to Baltimore he will call one of my brothers up there. I checked the van out as good as I could and even did some work on it to be as sure as I can that it will make the trip but you never know with an older car. We set the odometer trip counter at zero. Half way will be at 525 miles. In other words, he said if he breaks down on Thursday he will call me and if he breaks down on Friday he will call one of my brothers up in Baltimore. they always make the trip in two days instead of trying to drive straight through. At his age and with his health and my step mother's health they try to keep the really long days to a minimum.

I'm having a lot of trouble uploading photos. Okay, I'm tired and sore so I am going to call it a night and hit the sack.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19576

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I'm really surprised your Dad is making these trips at his age. Good for him! Maybe next time he can fly down. The regional carriers, like Allegiant have really cheap fares. I fly Allegiant up to Knoxville all the time. It's around $175 round trip. Cost of gas is almost the same.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19577

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 28
I knew you'd like it, cause I did!
I like the heck out of those Whitcrafts, but I am not ready for one that nice....
I'd love to find one that needed the house replaced...Nice big shallow draft hull for a workboat with two big diesels and a pair of blowers, but I'll have to find it on that one day a year when I have more than $32.00 to my name. :)
Good luck!
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19579

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19581

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thanks, Pete but that is a couple of hundred dollars above my budget. ARE YOU NUTS? :lol: :lol: :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19582

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Just dreaming.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 months 3 weeks ago #19593

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Well I bought a new house. It is a mobile home on one acre of land with a privacy fence all the way around. The thing I like is there is a garage-size concrete slab on one side and another slab on the other side with a carport and work shop. The shop would be perfect for my machine shop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joska1964
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate