Welcome, Guest
(99 Viewing)  (99) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19594

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 135
Congratulations Pete!
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19595

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 40
sounds pretty cool pete !!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19596

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 319
Pictures, pictures, pictures.......... :woohoo:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19601

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 131
Well I signed the contract yesterday and I paid the $1,000 escrow today so it is a done deal! The closing is May 1 so I can't get any pictures but you can see it on Google Earth at 11655 Key Lime Drive New Port Richey, FL.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19602

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
My weight is slowly going up. I am at 173. At this rate I will hit my old weight on May 10..............2019. :lol: I lost 85 pounds in several weeks and it will take another 14 months to gain back the last 50 pounds. I have regained about 33 to 35 pounds, depending on which scale I am on, but I am gaining so very slowly that it is maddening. I eat more than three people and still hardly put on more than 1.7 ounces a day. :S That is the average over the last 33 pounds I put on. I just hope I keep gaining. If I get bad news from today's tests I may have to start radiation or chemo again. Or maybe both. If that happens I can not afford to lose another 85 pounds. I have to keep up the fight by gaining weight back and keeping the cancer in remission at least until I get my weight back. I am eating more food than three people need. No joke, I can put away as much food as I was eating when I was in my late teens and early twenties. My wife used to use an entire loaf of bread to make my sandwiches and also include boxes of cookies and candy. I have been eating just like that over the past few months. Big containers of protein powders, energy foods, candy and dozens of sodas, coffee and everything I can find. Tonight I had my regular dinner and then ate one of those frozen family dinners with the six Salisbury steaks with a plate of mashed potatoes with an entire can of beef gravy. I also get up every night around 2 or 3 and fix something else. Weight gained? Not even 2 ounces a day. If I miss a meal I may not gain anything that day. :huh: :S Oh well, at least I am not losing weight like I did on chemo and radiation.

Oh well, I am going to go get something to eat. All this talk about food is making me hungry. Ribs, I need some ribs and a couple baked potatoes. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19605

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
russ, .......lots and lots of mcdonalds!

pete, couldn't see much but came up with this on street view.........

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvor6

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #19606

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
I'm stuck between the rock and a hard place. I'm being evicted from my home of 30 years No money, no place to go, or a way of getting there, and no one around to help. I have to raise, or borrow $2000 this week, or everything is lost. . If you can possibly help donations can be made to me directly thru my PAYPAL account, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You! Dell

GO FUND ME

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19618

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
well, wish I had the money but I dont :angry:

russ......just in case your interested...........

tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/d/carri-craft-powered-catamaran/6541559286.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19619

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: I will call him shortly after the sun comes up/ Maybe I should wait until he gets up? I don't want to seem to anxious. Thanks for the lead.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19620

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I have been very busy the past few days and could not get onsite. I also had issues with a computer update that wiped out all of my site passwords and a lot of other information. I hate computers!

I have one side of the shop closed. I am moving everything into a small storage room. I am having trouble getting the guy with the Hatteras to come and remove his boat. If it is sitting here when I drop the storage units they will tow it away. It will cost $500 a month to leave it parked here.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19622

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
russ,
I hope you can work out a deal with the guy!
if not , let me know........I would have to sell a few things and maybe borrow some money but, I would love to have it also!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19623

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) That particular boat is going to cost a lot more than the initial cost. Not only in actual monetary cost but also in the demand of your time and attention that it will take away from your wife and kids. It also is in need of engines and interior work as well as a complete outside overhaul. Then there are the transmissions, V-Drives, electronics and whatever else it may turn out to need. It is not a good choice for a first big boat or even as a live aboard choice while trying to do the work on it. I know a lot about these Carri Crafts. It may look inviting but if you have to do the work and engine overhauls or replacements while working in your living room the wife and family will not be even remotely satisfied or happy. Imagine having an engine sitting in your living room or tracking grease, sawdust, fiberglass and all sorts of other crap all over her carpets, clothes and furniture. Even clothes hanging in the closed closet will have sanding dust, dirt and grease magically show up on them when your wife is trying to get ready to go somewhere or to work. Working inside of a boat while you are living on it will test the metal of any marriage. I have been through it and no matter how great you think your wife is and no matter how she says she will help and support you in such an endeavor she will not be happy for long if you put her under this kind of overload situation. If I do not get it I would love for you to go after it as long as you know the problems and commitments involved. I would hate to see you jump on this boat if you are not aware of the entire situation it can cause. I had to sell mine mainly because the wife had had enough and was on me unmercifully day and night. And we had a house to live in aside from the boat. I had spent every cent I had coming in for four years on the boat. Just when it was within site of being as close to finished as I could get it, the wife demanded that I sell it or get out. I foolishly sold the boat and now, two years later, I am looking for another one. I still say I should have sold the wife and kept the boat. But, that's my thought....... :lol:
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19624

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 77
Chuck, don't even think about it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19625

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 131
Aquanut was just here today to help me move more junk to my storage site. One more day of moving and I am out of here. I am homeless!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19626

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I made contact with the owner of the Carri Craft and he will call in the morning. I will try to go look it over and let you know what I think. The more I hear and find out about it the more skeptical I am but I will keep an open mind until I have time to check it out in person. :unsure:

This is the one I am going to go look at. It is only 44 feet long but it should be acceptable if I can get it reasonably and have the engines that will work. If the engines I have will not work and I have to buy new ones or rebuild the two in the boat it could be very expensive. Note that there are no gunnels on this boat....... :S

This was my old boat. It was supposed to be 57 feet but I added a 4 foot swim platform to facilitate divers and gear. Marinas wanted to call it 61 feet after that addition.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19628

• susieq
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 11
Having made my living on boats my whole life.....they should PAY you to haul that off so they don't have to continue to pay dockage.

That is a really poor example of boat....any boat.

They are living in dreamland thinking they are going to get that kind of money...or any money for that scrap piece of fiberglass....

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19629

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am waiting on their return call and I will go look at it. It does need a lot of work but I have restored one of these before and know what weak spots to look for. I installed a gunnel on mine so I wouldn't have to run down through the boat to catch a stern line. On that model there is no way to catch lines other than run through the boat or go up on the upper deck and down the ladder onto the small back deck. It was a bad design flaw but it is repairable with the addition. Hanging out the windows or running through the boat is a pain if you are coming into a dock with other traffic or a running current and need to catch the lines very quickly. It makes avoiding hitting other boats and docks a great sport. The boat weighs several tons and does not want to stop on a dime. I managed to avoid hitting things because of the side gunnels with large line cleats where they were most needed. If it is going to be just a sitting houseboat it still needs side line cleats that can be reached. Sooner or later it will need to be tied for a storm or you will need to get down the side of the boat for some reason. Only a non-boater would design a boat without gunnels and without enough line cleats. The roof is another area of concern. These boats tended to have the roof supports deteriorate and the walkable roof was no longer walkable or starts to crack and sag under a person's weight. That requires that the entire inside ceiling be removed and new support frames be installed and glassed into the sub-structure of the overhead inside the cabin. Watch Mamma freak out when you tear out the overhead and start ripping the rotted wood out and cover her furniture and carpets with rotted wood fibers. That is only a good thing if you are looking for a divorce. :lol:

You can see the gunnel addition on this photo. It was only about 14 inches wide but I could run down the outside of the boat when I had to. I had to remove the window to get the old fridge out and put a new one in the boat. That is another problem with these boats. The doorways are to narrow to move appliances in and out. You have to take the windows out to even bring a sofa or chair into the boat. Are you good at window installations? :S

To me, the things that make it worth my work and expense are things like this photo. I need the solitude and life out on the water. Not being tied to a dock and living like a caged animal with neighbors tied up next to you. It's true that if you don't like your neighbors you can just cast off your lines and go but how do you do that without engines that run and the knowhow to navigate on open water? There is a lot to think through and do before deciding that being a live aboard is something you can do. It is not a lifestyle for the unprepared or those who haven't tried short term living out on the water. Marina living is for those who don't know how to be real boaters and live aboard sailors.

This shot was in an anchorage area. The boats have enough room between them to allow them to swing on the anchor and still not hit another boat. They look closer than they really are due to the angle of the photo. I really miss being out there somewhere and just being to ourselves. Hauling water, food and life support is always a lot of fun. You have a lot to learn about conserving water and storing perishable foods. Ice? Oh yeah, don't forget to bring ice when you come home tonight, Hon. The milk is getting warm. :lol:

Or you could send the wife to do the shopping...... :lol: Yep, I definitely need to get that boat and get my cranky old body back out on the water as fast as I can. Who needs to work when there is treasure laying out there and all of the fish and crustaceans just begging to jump in my boat and on the grill? Okay, that's it........I'm outta here! :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19630

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
aquanut wrote:
Chuck, don't even think about it.

:angry: yeah,......I know!
I woulda had to sell my vehicles and possibly my kids.....I would miss my vehicles :blink:
if the engines are not dead and could be saved without major repairs or outright replacement that would make a huge difference! I have brought engines back to life before that people thought were dead.

russ, wife is not an issue for me......she went batcrap crazy :dry: almost three years ago and hasn't gotten any better......we are separated.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19631

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:sick: I guess that I had best renew my Sea Tow membership if I am going to get back out on the water. I used to carry Sea Tow and Tow Boat US. I had an issue once with Sea Tow not responding to a problem and another bandit outfit showed up and towed us in. Then they said that because we were not members and they declared us a salvage because we were taking on water by that time we had to pay $4,000 to get towed in about 15 miles. When we called Sea Tow we were having a problem with water in the boat. A couple of hours later our pumps failed and it became an emergency so we had to put out a Mayday. The Coast Guard responded but this other commercial outfit beat them to us and took over. Even though we protested the Coast Guard declared that the commercial company had the right to take us in. Those crooks towed us 15 miles and charged us $4,000. We tried to get Sea Tow to pay up but they refused saying that they were on another call and would have responded to our call in about 4 hours. Try as we may, we lost the battle and had to eat the towing fee from the pirate outfit. After that we carried two or sometimes three towing plans. I figure one of them should be able to respond sooner than later. The next time I will let the boat sink rather than let some pirate towing company tow us in if we don't have their membership. :angry:

Now I am having problems renewing my Sea Tow membership. Maybe they want me to go somewhere else. :unsure:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #19632

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I tried for 2 hours to renew Sea Tow and got nothing but the run around. I went on BoatUS and renewed that one in five minuits. That one was $175 and is good until April 30 of 2019. That was $151 for the towing and $25 for the yearly membership for West Marine, ie; BoatUS. Let's see how long Sea Tow takes to renew my towing. Maybe I will just drop them but I don't want to end up with another $4,000 towing bill because they were to slow. Oh well, back to my steak sitting out on the grill. I are hungry! YUMMMM! :woohoo:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate