Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(72 Viewing)  (72) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19677

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 348
:( I have saved engines that went overboard before but this one was running at above 3,000 RPM's so I won't know until I see how much was damaged internally. It could have blown a piston, blown a hole through the block or any number of other things due to the high RPM's when it went under. I once rolled a truck over into a river. When the intake hit the water it sucked up water into the cylinders and blew out the side of the block. This engine was running faster than the truck was. I won't know until I tear it down.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19679

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: How about this for a good break for John's engine. I ran the Mercury Force 120in the search engine and it came up with a Mercury parts place in St Pete in the Tyrone Mall area. I have their website logged in and will stop in on my next trip to the VA next Monday to see what parts I can score for the engine. :woohoo: John, I will get the parts I need and pickle the engine this morning to keep it from locking up. Knowing a local parts supplier for this floating disaster will help with future parts searches.

At least I am glad that it was me and not with a boatload of kids when this happened. I suppose that everything went as well as could be expected and no one got hurt and the boat didn't sink. The transom fix will be an easy one and, hopefully, I will get the new hood cover and controls. The hood may be a bit expensive but I will get one and cover the engine with it.

Okay, having my Spirit Mermaid to help with lifting this engine and getting the boat back in running condition I stand to get it going again pretty quickly. I am still working on getting the Hatteras and Baboon together and running like they are supposed to. I wonder what else is in store this year? Here it is just half-past April and I am already dealing with two submerged engines. Remember that I.R. Baboon was filled with water during hurricane Irma and had to be completely overhauled along with the dink engine I had stored on Baboon's deck. Okay, I stand corrected, THREE engines went under. Maybe I should keep all of my boat engines away from the water............. Spirit Mermaid, take me away from all of this engine drowning nonsense! Find me something more fun and exciting to do. I need to desperately close the shop and get away from all of this WORK nonsense. :lol: :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19680

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 79
SH*T HAPPENS.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19681

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 144
Russ while you're in St. Pete check with Don's salvage for the motor hood. I bet you can pick one up there cheap.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19682

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 43
:blink: coulda been worse!!
well, ........
1. you didnt get hurt!
2. you didnt lose the engine!
3. the transom let you know it needed a upgrade ;)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19685

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: #4 Didn't have to walk home
#5 Didn't have to swim home :lol:

I pulled the plugs and turned the water out of the pontoon engine today and put some oil in the cylinders and desalinated the electrical system and hosed the rest down. I hung it in the shop until I get the Hatteras in the water Sunday then I'll jump on getting it finished up. The starter will need stripping down and drying out. I'll do that also after the Hat hits the water. I have to get the thru hulls finished and the rest of the bottom paint finished tomorrow or the Hat can't go in the water. Monday I have a few appointments at the St Pete VA that will most likely tie me up all day. I'll have to keep a close eye on the Hat for a few days to be sure there are no leaks or other problems. It looks like I may just make the May 1st move out that I want. After the Hat is in the water and the VA crap is done I can head down to pick up I.R.Baboon and bring her up here. It seems like everything is starting to line up my way for a change. Once I get this next cancer treatment over I aim to get back out and do some serious treasure diving and whatever else I can get into with the Hatteras and Baboon tagging behind.

Someone suggested today that I should rename the Hat "White Feather 2". I am not to hot on renaming boats but the wife and a few friends are saying that i should. I'll have to do some serious thinking on that. But not today, today is Friday the 13th. You never start a cruise or do anything boat related on a Friday and most definitely not on Friday the 13th. :lol:

John's engine being lifted out of the back of my truck and starting the cleanout and dryout.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19688

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
my opinion,......"White Feather 2" should be reserved for your next carri craft or live aboard, unless you wanna go with "White Feather II" , "White Feather III"....... ETC. for your fleet. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19695

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: When I letter the boat I'll post a photo of the new lettering. I'll let my Spirit Mermaid decide. Everyone should have a Spirit Mermaid like mine. She is good at solving almost any problem with class and style. :lol: It also gets me off the hook and I can move on to other things. :)

The water intake valves are frozen up and I have been unable to free them up. I am going to have to replace them but at about $65 each plus other necessary parts it will run more than I have available. Besides which, I have to postpone the launch until next Sunday and run down to Key West and retrieve I.R.Baboon and get it up here where I can put her to use. I will unload John's pontoon boat off of it's trailer and use it to run down and get Baboon. I will launch the Hat when I get back and head over for the cookout the following weekend. It's going to be a very busy day at sea for a couple of weeks. sir!

It's about 1:00 A.M. so I had best get off this thing and get some sleep. I have another busy day tomorrow and need to get something to eat and turn in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19717

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am getting ready to head down to Key West in the morning to haul Baboon up here. If all goes well I will be back Thursday afternoon or evening. I will take my laptop with me and try to keep up with what I am up to. There is a restaurant near the marina that has WIFI. I'll have breakfast or dinner there and take my computer with me to keep in touch.

Our two grand daughters and Sherene's daughter will come over and stay at the house with Sherene while I am working to get Baboon up here. She has been having some trouble with her memory and co-ordination the past few days so I don't want to leave her alone. The girls can cook and help around the house until I get back. I have no doctor or medical appointments until next Wednesday but I want to get back Thursday so I can get the Hat ready to launch next Sunday. the following weekend is the cookout and I want to be able to head over for that. I aim to stay from Friday thru Monday so I can get a little time to go detecting along the beach and do a little fishing too. Who knows, I may leave I.R. Baboon on the trailer and bring it to the cookout to go out fishing or diving after the cookout is over. I've done stranger things even without provocation..... :lol:

See you all then......

Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19718

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: 2:00A.M. the boat hauler leaves the marina.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19719

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Have a safe trip.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 week ago #19720

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
DONT HURT YOURSELF AND MISS THE COOKOUT !!!

wish I was goin with you.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 6 days ago #19730

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
OK Russ, give us an update. Did you get the Baboon loaded on the trailer?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 2 days ago #19737

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Baboon is at the shop waiting to be painted and launched as soon as I find a slip. The Hatteras has to go into he water today and I have a crew of 6 waiting at the shop and I have to get going. While I was gone Sherene had another stroke and was in the hospital for two days but is home now and doing pretty good. More on the trip and Sherene's bout with another stroke later. I have to get to the shop and get the Hat ready for the water. I have two sea valves out and West Marine Pirates wants $179.95 each and another $250for the other associated parts that I need. It is a long story with a lot of problems and adventure but I just do not have time right now. I will try to get on here tonight.

We are still trying to be at the cookout Saturday. Sherene wants to go but that will depend on her health.

P.S. I have 250 or so photos of the trip..........

I got some to load today, 4/23/2018

Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders, aquanut, thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 day ago #19744

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) More photos;

Driving I.R.Baboon around the island to the haulout yard. Look at that water!

This was Keith and me aboard his boat at Stock Island

Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 months 1 day ago #19745

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Load some more pictures!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 4 weeks ago #19758

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ sorry to hear that you can't make it. I hope Sherene will be OK. I will pray for her recovery.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19771

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Hope everyone is having an awesome time at the cookout!!!
I started a new job and have to work fri sat and sunday afternoon and evinings so i cant make it down there for even a couple hours :evil:
.....guess i will have to make shoot for next year.
Russ, pete and john as soon as i get my vehicles reliable i would love to come over there for a day or two and go fishing and or treasurehunting with you guys if thats ok with you!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19780

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ, have not heard from you in the last 6 days. Give us an update.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 months 3 weeks ago #19782

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Praying for Sherene
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate