Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(114 Viewing)  (114) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #19906

• Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 31
Were ya drowned ????// Boy did you have a problem- no cooking.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 6 days ago #19907

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 348
:( For some reason this computer has started wiping out responses when I have been working on them for more than about 15 minuits. With my slow typing method and slow response time I tend to take a long time getting this set up. Then I look up and the stupid thing is looking up something that I have no idea of. It just did that again. I lost everything again. I am having trouble importing photos and stuff from my phone and the new smartphone. By the time I figure out how to do it, the stupid phone has decided to do something else. Maybe I had best enter it in smaller posts before they are replaced by the computer.

My hero Don Jose, It's great to see you active on here again. I truly wish I could get down your way to visit and get to meet you in person.

I have a small gas grill aboard. Cooking is not a problem no matter what the situation calls for.

No one drowned and we had plenty of food and good cowboy coffee. I did manage to lose the inner workings of my little coffee pot but that was minor. The inners of the coffee pot turned up yesterday when I was cleaning the boat. (They had fallen into the area below the forward bunk.) I just put the water in the pot and dumped the grounds in the water. When it had cooked for about 12 to 15 minuits I would pour the coffee through a filter and strain off the grounds. Good strong cowboy coffee was the order of the day. It worked great and was really a welcome start for the day. Gotta have my coffee.....

Food wise, steaks, hotdogs and other goodies we had in the cooler were all very good. I always have plenty of canned goods and dried foods aboard and could easily go for weeks without needing much of anything. There were 3 or 4 cases of bottled water and about 20 gallons of water in the holding tank. That, along with a couple of 12 packs of various drinks where also ready for fixing any time we wanted. So, as you can see, no one drowned, starved or succumbed to the elements or was fed to the sharks to save food for the rest of us. :lol:

Bait; If we had some water under the boat I was also prepared to fish, dive or go snorkeling. The first night we saw a gator swim by. I know the water wasn't more than about two feet deep. He looked to be about 6 to 8 feet long but never seemed to even notice us. I decided against going in the water at night again even with it being shallow. I had been walking in the water to check thru-hulls and anchor lines but then I figured it best to wait until daylight so I could see if something like that was close by again. There were small sand sharks but I never imagined there would be a gator wandering about.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 3 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 6 days ago #19908

• Junior Treasure Hunter
Russ, your more resurceful than most, now about the cancers

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 5 days ago #19909

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) With the cancers in the foreground for now, I am working on getting as much time in fighting them as possible. These new treatments are seriously wearing me down and causing a lot weakness and pain in addition to what I have been normally experiencing. I will, however, not give in or give up. Even on here I am having trouble concentrating and keeping awake during the treatments. I tend to want to doze off once in a while or just kind of black out for a few seconds. These are some powerful drugs they are treating me with and they said this is normal and will pass once the treatment is finished and they stop the I.V. The nurse is hooking up another I.V. as I am writing. I get about 4 to 5 of these every Monday and Tuesday. We were going to have another on Fridays but my platelets are getting dangerously low and we have to watch how much of these chemicals they put in me. If the platelets get to low the treatments could kill me along with the cancer. It is a fine line that they have to walk to keep killing the cancer without killing me. This cancer is terminal and will eventually win, but I am not ready to give up and will fight it for every second I can get. I still intend to get back out diving before this disables me to the point that I can no longer function normally. Still, I am having days that really feel like I am not going to be able to get back to doing the really intense, heavy diving and handling tanks and such that is required when we are working the wrecks but I can't let it get to me and will not allow it to. If I could pull the Baboon over to the starboard side with a line up to the mast and lift the anchors (60 pounders with 100 feet of 3/8 chain on each one) off of the Hatteras, I can lift a couple of little dive tanks and weight belts. Anyhow, once you're in the water the tanks weigh very little.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 days ago #19921

• Junior Treasure Hunter
I expect no less from you Russ, fight I. f they give up on you immediatly go on the Cesium., you have nothing to lose, except pain.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19977

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 43
Russ,.....how you doin????

Any of the rest of you guys hunting treasure???
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19978

• Junior Treasure Hunter
not phyyscally, but
Giving away many of my secrets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19979

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The cancer center had to stop the chemo. It was causing my platelet count to drop dangerously low. We are trying to get the platelet count back up without resorting to a transplant. That is a drastic procedure and I suppose a bit dangerous. Anyhow, I have been working on the platelet count with dietary changes even though the center says there is little I can do. I figure anything is better than sitting around waiting. If the count goes back up enough by Tuesday we will restart the chemo. If not, we will have to wait another week. I may look into the cesium while this is on hold. I don't like sitting while something like this is still working on me.

The wife had a problem this morning. I came over to unload my compressors and some tools here at the house and found her unconscious on the floor. I revived her but had to call the paramedics and they took her to the hospital. She was admitted and is still in the emergency room at this time. They are going to keep her overnight for observation.

I also ran across one of my old underwater early digital cameras. I think I'll get Baboon right and head out to do some serious diving as soon as I can get away from this chemo for a few days. I have a few very close wrecks that I want to do some serious investigating on. I am tired of waiting. The longer I wait it seems that the weaker I have been getting. I am still capable of getting in the water and diving even if it is only to 60 or 80 feet. I don't really need anything much deeper than 30 to 45 feet anyhow. Most of the wrecks I have listed are shallow. 30 feet or less. It's amazing how many shipwrecks are in very shallow water. Actually, shallow water is usually what caused the ship to wreck anyhow. Kind of like when Baboon ran aground. That isn't the first time I hit shallow water.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19980

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I went to the hospital last night a little after midnight and Sherene was still in extreme pain. They had moved her to a shared room and she was crying with the pain. I went to the nurses station to get them to order her something for the pain. They told me that a new law went into effect at midnight that limits the use of opioids. This is insane! You can't get pain meds in a hospital? What are these idiots doing? I was told that I had to leave because no one was allowed in the ward after visiting hours. Then they realized that I had gotten into a secure area of the hospital unseen and unchallenged. They were more concerned about me being there than with Sherene's pain and medical condition. I could not get them to give her any pain meds. They said they would get her some Tylenol and see "if that works". She has been on some very serious pain killers for years and these idiots think Tylenol is going to help her. You can't just "stop" these pain meds on someone with heart and high blood pressure problems. That sort of stupidity will get someone killed.

Sorry about getting upset over this but, even though we have split up I will not tolerate them treating her like this. She has a lot of very serious and painful problems that need attention and they are ignoring it. Manatee Memorial Hospital in Bradenton is one of, if not the worst hospital I have ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. Sherene is in extreme pain and they were more concerned with how I got into the hospital and all the way to the 5th floor in a secure area than with my wife's medical condition. I am leaving for the hospital as soon as I get off of this thing. I hope they have her pain under control before I get there. I am not in any kind of mood to listen to their crap about new laws and who can get what kind of pain killers. One nurse started giving me a bunch of crap about this is Trump's fault and I almost went after that idiot. I did manage to get out about this being a hospital and not a podium for bashing Trump. I don't think she liked me saying that she was an idiot that should stick to doing her job and keep her political views to herself because the hospital was not the place to show her stupidity and ignorance.

Anyhow, I have to get going to the hospital and try to keep my temper under control. .

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19982

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I was informed that they are Baker Acting her and she can not have any visitors at all. I don't know for how long or anything other than that which I already said. They have not told me much more than that. They did have the pain mostly under control by then but she was still very disagreeable and combative. I took her some coffee and she said they had not even fed her yet and that was about 9:00. I was asked to go as soon as they found out I was there.

I am starting on tearing the floors out in the house that were damaged by the last hurricane so I can replace them while Sherene is in the hospital or wherever they are going to put her. I have three rooms and a long hallway to get repaired and then two rooms need walls repaired. I am already tired and haven't done much more than set up my cutting table and started bringing in tools and a little bit of lumber. All of this hassling is draining my energy before I even get to work on anything. Man, I hate this place. I need to get in Baboon and cruise on out of here and head back to where the water is clear and warm. Where I can walk into a room and no one tries to tell me what I should be doing or how to do it. I wonder if Baboon's engine is up to one more trip to go find treasure?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19984

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 144
Russ who is taking care of the bird?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19985

• Junior Treasure Hunter
So you are a Trump fan, eh. I always said give him a chance
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19988

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yes Don Jose, I also believe he should be given the support that he needs to continue doing the job he promised to do. Sorry if that ruffles feathers but he is the properly elected President and deserves a chance and our support. I don't want to get into any kind of bash Trump argument on here. This isn't the place for it. I am just like you said, Don Jose, I believe the man needs a chance.

Pete, I am at the house doing repairs and taking care of Atty. I will be back out of here when they release Sherene from the hospital. I hope to get the floors and walls repaired before I have to leave. So far it looks like the damage is a little less than I expected. That is a good thing. I would rather have less work than I am ready to do. Atty has been a bit upset and bit me when I tried to put her back in her cage for the night last night. Tonight wasn't any problem, she went right to bed and decided to sing a little bit after I covered her up. She still hears me on the computer and calls for me once in a while. I just answer her and let her know I am here. She is eating good and likes to watch me when I am working around the house. I can be working on something and she sneaks up on me and I find her checking out my tools or materials.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19989

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, it's 8:00 and I have to get to the cancer center for testing and bloodwork so we can decide if I start back on the chemo or let it ride for another week. I hope we can go after the cancer again. I have been overly tired and weak and don't feel much like doing anything at all. My appointment was pushed back to 9:00 so I had best get it in gear and get on the road.

I sat here for a little while this morning going over my underwater camera and re-familiarizing myself with how everything works. I remember why I put it up. This is one very complicated system. The new cameras are point and shoot with the new, high density storage cards that you just pop out and put into a card reader. This one requires quite a bit more attention and knowhow, it also has it's own CD and photo shop that work with the camera's system to plug it into the computer or smartphone. Wow, what a complicated system. Maybe I had best just sell it and get one of the new ones. :woohoo:

Okay, it's off to the cancer center to see how things are going. This treatment stuff is getting wear down tiring. I have to get my mind in gear and start getting in a better frame of mind to get back to attacking this cancer. It's time for to play and I have to get away from this cancer crap and get out on the boat. I have to much to do and time is not on my side.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19990

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Okay, my bloodwork came back with a good increase in the results so we have started the chemo again. I think this is a good thing even though I have lost almost 10 pounds this week. That was a surprise. I have been eating all sorts of extra food and in larger amounts than I normally do. I fixed 2 pounds of mashed potatoes with liver and onions and asparagus with cheese sauce and ate the entire dinner by myself for dinner Saturday and Sunday. A nice high calorie meal and I ate it all myself. I even had the left overs late last night along with some watermelon for desert. Still, I lost almost 10 pounds. :S Oh well, I guess I'll just have to start eating more fattening meals later at night. :laugh:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19991

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
good news on the bloodwork :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #19992

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Monday's chemo was very bad. It left me with a lot of pain and so worn out that I couldn't hardly move. :sick: Tuesday I told the doctor about it and the changed the formula and tonight is not bad at all. :P

I got to work on the camera a while and a lot of how it works came back pretty easy. I want to get in the water and see how it does. I am going to need a good underwater camera when I find that big treasure in a few months. :woohoo:

The wife is still in the hospital and will most likely be there for a few days until the doctors decide what they have to do. She was taken to the hospital unconscious. When she checked in she was wearing two expensive rings. When she came to in the emergency room she asked the nurse where her rings were and they told her they would be returned when she checked out. That was Sunday. Today she wanted her rings back and now there is no record of them. They are telling her they were put in her red purse in the E.R. That's bull, I took her purse up to her on Monday inside her suitcase with clothes and toiletries and such. She was not given her suitcase until this morning and her rings are not in it. Now they are trying to say that she never had them on when she came in. Bull again. She would never take those rings off. She had them on every day since I bought them two Christmases ago. They were her favorite jewelry she ever had. When we went looking for a new ring for her for Christmas because her old ring had been damaged, she couldn't make up her mind on which one she wanted. I told her that if she couldn't make up her mind on which one she liked the most I would just have to buy them both. She put them on in the store and never took them off except when she was in a hospital for surgery. They made her take them off and they took them off of her when she got to the hospital unconscious. She said that she could vaguely remember someone taking them and putting them in a small bag and telling her that she would get them back when she checked out. I went through security, the E,R, the nurses station and everyone I could get to listen. I am now looking for photos of them in the computer to make up reward posters. I aim to offer a $200 reward for each of the rings or the person responsible for removing them form her. I can't replace them for 10 times that but it might get someone to remember if they saw one of them on someone at the hospital. They are very unique and very flashy. She always had people commenting about how beautiful they were and she loved showing them off. The person responsible should be fired and have the theft permanently put on their medical file as grand theft. They shouldn't be allowed to ever work in a position of trust in a hospital again. Sorry about getting so far off track but this sort of thing really ticks me off big time.

I think I'll take Baboon out on the river and relax a while tomorrow. It is supposed to be a bit of bad weather so it should keep most of the weekenders off the water. That should make it a nice day even if it gets a little bumpy.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #19995

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 144
Russ you need to report this to the police. That is a major theft!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #19996

• Junior Treasure Hunter
I oncu

I concur Russ, It is obvious that you aren't the only one.

rus.

it is onviouse tha you aen't th anly one.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #19998

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Yea,...... they can check crimanal records of anyone working that shift.
Check area pawn shops, if you can prove they are yours.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate