Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(101 Viewing)  (101) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 weeks ago #20248

I agree with you Salvor, he needs to let go and enjoy himself. the cancer loves the way he is going at it now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20258

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 158
So Russ, what's happening? Give us an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20259

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 354
B) UPDATE; Okay, things have been pretty hectic and confusing. The VA is messing with my benefits again and the wife is in rehab and is trying to use any means possible to talk her way out and I have been kicked off of Facebook AGAIN.

I am still going through the chemo and now I have another wrinkle in the procedure. Thursday I was sent to the VA for a physical in lieu of a hearing on the reduction of benefits they are hitting me with. I reported for the physical to show that I do indeed have the Multiple Myeloma and it is terminal. It is also attributed to direct dioxin poisoning, Agent Orange. The doctor that was supposed to do the evaluation did absolutely nothing. She fired a bunch of really stupid questions at me and then told me that I have to go to the Cancer Center and arrange another MRI, another up to date evaluation of medicines and treatments that I am going through, get another exam from the Cancer Center to show that the cancer is still active and that it is terminal. And I have a time limit to submit this updated information or my benefits will be denied and cut off. That means that the VA will stop paying my cancer center treatments which in turn will stop the treatments. That would not be a good thing. I have to stop the treatments once in a while or the treatments will kill me before the cancer does. They don't seem to get this. I have to let my body recover when the treatments get to aggressive and my bloodwork starts showing that the treatments are doing damage to my body. Her next statement was that if the treatments stop they will stop my benefits for that time frame. That is Ludacris. stopping and starting treatments and payments? That requires untold confusion when dealing with the VA. This all started over some idiot clerk seeing in some report that the cancer center was stopping chemo until I recovered enough to continue. He/She took it as I was cured of this terminal cancer so he thought I should be cut off from my financial and medical benefits. Thus this became another VA screwup and now no one wants to admit that the VA screwed up so they are demanding that I do all the running, paperwork and investigation to prove that I still am dying of dioxin related cancers. This is crazy!!!! I am going to be dead before I can get all of the crap they want and go through all of the tests over again. How do I fight these idiots? The survival estimates for this type of cancer is 3 to 5 years. mine has been ongoing for almost 4 years at this point. I have lost 93 pounds and am under 150 and have been through 4 surgeries, 6 weeks of radiation and this is the 4th series of chemo. Each chemo session consists of 8 4 week sessions. three weeks on chemo and one week recovery. I do that for 8 months. I am sitting through 4 hour treatments twice to three times a week. I wake up some mornings like I have been beaten to death and can hardly move, eat or get out of bed. My only option is to get up and force myself to keep moving. Otherwise I would just lay there and not be able to move. Some days the pain is unbelievable and it brings tears to your eyes just to sit up to get dressed. I can't believe they are running me through this to do their job. Getting this information should be up to them but they would most likely screw that up too. I guess I had better get the testing and reports done so it will, at least get done right. Otherwise I will be cut off from treatment.

I have also been kicked off Facebook again for saying that illegal aliens are criminals just by the fact that they entered the U,S,A, against our laws and being here illegally makes them criminals. Now Facebook says that is hate mail. I think Facebook has some illegals working there. Every time I post something saying that I consider any illegal alien as a criminal I get kicked off. This time it is for 24 hours with a posted warning that if I say anything about illegals again I will be banned permanently. I guess I won't be there long. I have been kicked off before. The last time they called it racial and prejudicial even though I had said basically the same thing. Who is tagging posts there? I think they have some illegals working there just like everywhere else. I don't understand how saying that illegals are criminals just by the fact that they entered the USA illegally is hate mail? Am I wrong? Is it not true that they are here against America's laws of immigration and doesn't that make them criminals? I guess I will end up getting thrown off Facebook pretty soon because I will not say they are deserving of being given citizenship for crossing our borders against our laws. They are deserving of being sent packing back to wherever they came from or be put in jail. They come into America against our laws and start demanding everything under the sun. I also said that if we did that by going to Mexico or one of the other countries that we would be in prison before nightfall. Think I'm wrong? I have had experience with Mexican border crossings before. I missed getting my passport stamped once upon leaving Mexico. When I re-entered from Belize I was detained and questioned at length about how I got OUT of Mexico without getting my passport stamped and that if it wasn't corrected to their satisfaction I could not drive back across Mexico to the USA. It turned out that one of the border guards had missed stamping my passport when it was handed to him when we drove to Belize. Not my fault but they said I was supposed to check to be sure my passport was stamped with the departure stamp before I drove into Belize. I had the proper Belize entry stamp to show that I did indeed DRIVE out of Mexico. They were going to confiscate my car and belongings and have everything shipped to the USA via Belize customs and shipped to Tampa/St Pete on board a ship. It took quite a few hours to get everything back in order. Try that with being illegal entry into Mexico. Yet, when their people come here illegally the idiot immigration people let them stay. If anyone doubts the penalties for crossing into Mexico I want to see you try it. If this keeps up we will be "The United States of Mexican and Other Illegals".

Sorry about getting so riled up but I am fed up with dealing with home problems, the VA and Facebook. I think I may just close my Facebook account. My family wants me to stay on but I don't know if I can control my thought process to let things slide. The State Police in Texas say they think my son was killed while fishing along a river in Texas when he stumbled onto a group of illegals being smuggled into the USA or by drug smugglers because they didn't want any witnesses. They tried to make it look like a suicide but the Texas State Police say they aren't buying it. The Trooper I spoke with says that we may never find who is responsible but he thinks that my son was killed just because he was in the wrong place when illegals were entering or drug smugglers were coming in. Either way, I find it hard to accept that they will get away with it. My mindset is that we should use deadly force to stop the flow of illegals crossing the border. They are shooting Border Guards and killing anyone who might see them, so why do we have to handle them with velvet gloves?

Sorry Y'All, I am just very upset about the entire situation here. The wife is a major problem, the VA is lunacy in motion with me doing the work and Facebook becoming another outlet for illegal propaganda that curbs any attempt to voice our concerns. The whole system is in a tailspin and headed down at an alarming speed. I am a three tour Vietnam Veteran. I guess that means that I am three times as crazy as a single tour Vet. My health is another concern that is playing on my mind that I have no control over. Put all of this together and you can see the stress load that my mind and body are under. Not to mention the everyday crap going on here at home. Still, I intend to stick around to see what happens next. It should be, at least interesting. Ya think?
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aquanut, Salvor6, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20261

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:ohmy: I got a call from Sherene this afternoon. She said that she was being released to go to court with her daughter on Monday.…..? WHAT? It sounded strange to me so I went to the rehab clinic to pick up her laundry and drop off some new clothes I bought for her. I asked the nurse about the court appearance and nobody seems to know anything about it. I still wonder if something I don't know about is going on or if this is in her head. I will check with the staff again tomorrow. If there is a release in the works it should be close to the discharge desk by tomorrow afternoon. Somehow I doubt there would be a release for going to court without a subpoena to appear. I had one but when I gave the deposition statement to the attorneys they decided I wasn't going to be needed. I arranged to move my chemo back a few hours anyhow on Monday so I could appear if I am needed. That remains to be seen. It's just a traffic thing but it could get serious if it doesn't get thrown out like the lawyers think it will. I just don't want her daughter to get into trouble where they decide to put her in jail. Her daughters, the grand daughters, would have to go into foster care until Mom is let out. I don't think it can come to that but with the way things are going in the court system these days I don't want to be caught off guard. Anyhow, I would rather be there and not be needed than not be there and be needed.

I have been trying to get a copy of the post that got me thrown off of Facebook again. It has been deleted or whatever they do with posts they don't like. So much for that junk. :laugh:

So, basically there is nothing new this evening so I'll just cut this short and get on with whatever it is that I do. With my back hurting this bad I think I'll just get some rest and call it an early evening. G-nite Y'All! :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20262

Russ, is it caused by the cancer ? If so the Cesium is a specific, it neutralizes the acids from the cancer. Check on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20263

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Don Jose', No, the pain was caused by me scrubbing and stripping the Kitchen floor. It had become rather coated with some kind of black dust that sticks to everything and builds up over time. It had been three years since I stripped the galley deck. It was rather heavily coated and required considerable scrubbing and the use of a razorblade scraper to get it clean. I guess I wasn't thinking and just kept working even after I started hurting from bending down and crawling around on the floor. I should have realized that I was overdoing it long before getting to that point.

Okay, I need to find some injectors for an old Perkins or Westerbeake diesel. The one I have is the older 4107 version but the 4108 will also work. I just need one but will buy an entire set of 4 if you have them or even would consider buying an entire engine, If you have one or some parts just let me know and I will arrange to get whatever you have on hand. I really need to get I.R.Baboon back together and out on the water as soon as I can.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Okay, I am working on getting the Hatteras running and will accept any help I can arrange. I have some knowledge but these 3208 Caterpillar engines are something I just lack the strength I need to work with. I have decided to do what I can and get it running. Sitting like it is will not do any good. It is a nice boat but not quite big enough to live on. If I can get it running I might be able to trade it for a much bigger boat that is big enough to live on or sell it and buy another bigger live aboard. Either way I need to get it running. I can tow it with Baboon to a haulout but it is only costing me about $150 a month where it is sitting but I don't know how much longer I can keep it here. I have to get it gone or move aboard in spite of the cramped quarters. I lived aboard for a few months in May and June but the heat in July run me off. The boat is in my name and I could sell it if anyone is interested in buying it. The engines are good but need to be started and the cooling system on the port engine needs to be bolted back on. The starboard engine has a fuel leak and needs a couple of the fuel lines replaced. A lot of the starting and heavy house wiring has been stolen. That heavy copper cable is expensive and was most likely stolen when it was stored before I got it. I do have a lot of welding cables that are double 00 that is suitable for rewiring the engine room. If you are interested just let me know and maybe we can work out a deal. Meantime, I want to get this going and get some other jobs done so I can get out of this house and get back aboard a boat. I have been feeling good enough to start back working on some of the jobs I need to get done here and get back aboard.

Here's what I want but I will work with anything I can get that is 40 to 45 feet or larger. Larger being the catchword. It would also be cheap or owner financing would also be very appealing.

Or something like this. A trawler is a little hard to work treasure diving from but they all have a tremendous cruising range.

Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20264

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I had a call from a friend that has a set of injectors for the engine in Baboon. I told him to gather them and any other parts for that engine and we can work out a deal for everything. He said he has a cylinder head and some other parts. Whatever I don't need right now will be put in storage in case I would ever need it at a later time.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20265

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Even with a possible find of injectors for I.R.Baboon I would like to keep looking for another set and other spare parts if you have any. I haven't seen these parts my friend Al has, so I am not positive that they will work or if they are going to be within the cost that I would be able to pay. I still like to keep extra parts aboard for any engines and transmissions when I can. Like on the Carri-Craft I had entire engines and transmissions and dozens of other goodies stashed below. So, if you happen to have any 4107 or 4108 Perkins or Westerbeake parts Please let me know. This engine is about a 1964? to 1969. Keith has been through it and I have also done some serious work on it. Being a very small and inexpensive engine it is easy to work on. Cost is also an issue when dealing with new or used parts. The injectors I have in the engine now have been in it for a few years and cost $35 each. They were used but all have worked and are still working. The one I have out had the clampdown bracket broken but the injector is still good. I can cut out a new clampdown bracket.

A very easy engine to get to and work on.

Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20267

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter

B) I got tired of all of the craziness and goings on over the past few weeks and decided to take the day and fire up my detectors and head down to the beach for a few hours. I went down to Anna Maria Island at Holmes Beach and figured I would check it out. Everyone has been talking about how bad the ref tide is and how many fish and other critters have been decimated over the past few weeks. At Holmes Beach the beach was near deserted. Maybe a dozen people there and three or four in the water. I took a walk down to the water and saw no signs of red tide or algae anywhere. The concession stand was open as was the gift shop and beach Bar. I walked up and down the beach to look for signs of anything else but found nothing. The beach was just like it was before this all started. I went into the concession stand and got some cheese fries and a soda. I sat and watched the birds all along the beach. There were a few turtle nests marked off but otherwise no sign of any kind of problem. The restaurant manager said that it has been like this for some time and they were wondering why the advertising still shows the beaches as a disaster area. The red tide has dissipated or moved north along the coast.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20268

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Next stop was run along Bradenton Beach. I put the windows down to be able to smell any signs of dead fish or mammals along the beach. I stopped by the water at every beach access I could. Again, there were no signs of any red tide or algae anywhere. The beaches were empty of people. There were birds of all kinds but less than 5 or 6 people to be seen. I stopped at several places and it was the same all the way down to Coquina Beach.

Parking capable of handling 600 or 700 cars had less than a dozen. It looked like a ghost town.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20269

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) No dead fish or anything like it. Just a lack of tourists. Coquina Beach was the same. No dead fish and not even any bad smell all the way to the bridge. The only thing I found was something that was a little smelly at the boat launch. It turned out to be a cooler of bait fish someone dumped in the mangroves next to the launch.

The beaches all the was from Anna Maria Island down to Coquina Beach are ready and open for business. I saw a total of about 8 people who were in the water.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20270

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Anyhow, By the time I got down to the boat launch ramp at Coquina Beach it started to rain. I walked out the docks around the launch and saw no signs of dead fish save one small dead horseshoe crab and one half eaten little baitfish. No mass killings of everything in the water and no red water or green algae. The rain steadily increased until visibility was less than 100 yards. All the way back to my house, 20 miles away, and almost all night it rained heavily. So much for detecting yesterday.

I haven't made up my mind about what to do today yet. Tomorrow is payday so today is a prep-day and I have a lot to do to start getting the things done here that need doing. My list is longer than a computer page. It is crazy how things keep piling up when nothing new is added. While digging through some of the boxes in storage I ran across my old drone. It wasn't a very expensive one, just under $100 when it was new, and I had put it back and actually forgotten that I even had it. I put the battery on charge to see if it is going to hold a charge. As I remember when thinking back, the main problem with it was that the battery is slightly larger than a postage stamp and dies fairly quickly. Not good if you want to run it up while out on the boat so you can look in the water around the boat. When it starts to die it seems to have a heart attack and just falls out of the sky. Not good without a water landing system of pontoons. That may be an idea, some kind of lightweight pontoon system under the drone. I have some of that inflated packing that comes when you order stuff online. The drone is very light and would not take much floatation to keep it out of the water. After all of the rain here yesterday I have some ready made landing zones right out front to experiment in. Maybe I can learn how to land a drone on the water. I did figure out when I first got it, how to make it flip over and do a few other tricks but I never got really good with it. Besides, I never really figured out how to work the camera that is built into the drone and was just attaching my Go-Pro under it. That was okay but left a lot to be desired when using it. I had to download the video into a computer to see it. I need to figure out how to get the built in video camera to work, if it still does. I know nothing about this new technology of wireless cameras and virtual reality connections with a small drone. It is capable but not with me. I.R.Idiot with drone technology and computer stuff. Bummer!

Okay, quit messing with this and get to work. I have to get the car fixed, the golf cart batteries replaced, my truck keeps stalling for no reason, I.R.Baboon needs the injectors replaced and some other work and I have to get the house finished and ready to sell. Not much, just a little list...…….. Again!

Catch Y'All Later!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20271

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I was digging around in the freezer and found a couple of nice looking shark steaks. I have one thawing and am going to put it on the grill. :woohoo: Seems like it will be done just in time to be invited to be dinner. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20272

russ, a coke is a no no for cancer patients, too much sugar

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20273

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Sorry, Don Jose, it was a generalization. My "coke" of choice is usually a fruit drink but I got in the habit of saying coke even when I have a glass of milk. I'm going to have to be a little more accurate. I really do watch what I eat and drink very close. I want to hang around a good while yet. I have a lot of people to agitate and aggravate yet. Anyhow, those shark steaks were awesome last night and I even had one with breakfast this morning.

Today was a running day. Bills to pay and all that. Hopefully, I will get back to more normal doings before to long.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20274

Russ, you, like me, will around for a long time. I almost lost it when my wife died in Jan I was down to 98 lbs and wanted to join my wife., I still miss Her terribly, but as you put it so correctly there are soooooo many people to annnoy..

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20279

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Ahoy Don Jose' , my Hero Mentor, I am watching my food and drink intake with a close and sceptical eye. Hi protein powder and I listen to the cancer center doctors when they tell me what to do. I think back on some of the friends and relatives that I have e lost to cancer over the past many years. I have been fighting my battle longer than any one of them did. I suppose not so much to being any stronger or better than they were but with the modern treatments and the advanced warnings I have already done so much better and have lived longer than any one of them. I have been fighting mine since it was found almost 4 years ago. I have no intention of slowing down, will never give up or in any way endanger my chance to push this into remission or beat it to death. Cancer has taken most of the people who meant something to me and a lot of other friends and I will never back off. If I loose the battle it won't be because I gave up. Thank you for your concern and advice, my Friend. I just wish I could meet you and shake your hand in person. I have always said that WW 2 Veterans were the greatest soldiers and the bravest warriors the world has ever known. My Dad and Step-Dad were both WW2 Vets. My Step-Dad died back in 87 but my Dad is still with us and in better shape than I am.

I have started a few paintings with sort of Treasure related or that type theme to show and possibly sell at the cookout next April. We'll see how that goes over. I'll post a few photos of the progress of the paintings as I get several of them going. I will be working on as many as 5 to 10 at a time in my spare time. I have 4 started at this time and a couple more in various stages of pre-paint. I'll take a couple of photos today to show. Who knows, I may do like John, Aquanaut, and get back into some serious painting also.

Okay, time to get my lazy butt into gear and see about returning the injectors and getting my $200 back to go find more 4107 injectors. Hopefully, ones that will fit this time. Here are a few photos of some of the paintings I am working on at present.

These are basic startups and are a long way from what they are going to be in the end but the idea is there unless I change my mind or get to a point that I want to head in another direction. Who knows?
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20280

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
The local news media HAS reported that the red tide situation has been reduced but the tourism business is still slow to recover. Summer is really not the peak of the tourist season. It's in winter when all the snowbirds come down here.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Salvor6. Reason: Added content.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20282

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thanks, Pete. When I drove the coast and. Told of the conditions I saw I had all sorts of people telling me that I was lying to bait tourists into coming down to help my friends businesses. I had said that I saw clean water, NO dead fish or and dead Sea life and that is exactly what I saw. The red tide had already moved offshore or more north along that coast.

Sherene called yesterday and said that she was going to get out of the clinic and come home today. I doubt it but I am calling her doctors to find out more as soon as possible. I have chemo at 2:00. I have to know what to do before I go to chemo.last weeks chemo was an afternoon appointment and it lasted until the clinic closed.

I got I.R.Baboon running yesterday and today I want to get out for a two or three hour test run down river. I hope she will hold together and get back up river after the test run.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20289

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Pina Colada tonight.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate