Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(61 Viewing)  (59) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20290

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 86
That's not what you put in a Pina Colada.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20292

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 27
Daquiris, Pete?
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20295

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 352
I have to go rent another storage unit. I had two boats stored in a friend's place but he has to use the space to get some of his large vehicles off the rental property he was running his business from. So I have to get the Bass Boat and pontoon boat wreckage stored somewhere. The only solution I see is to rent another storage unit. That way I can put one boat inside and one outside in the allowed parking area. I was hoping to get the pontoon boat over to my Brother, Stable in East Texas but with all of the problems with other goings on I haven't had the time or money.

Next, the wife has been rated at a level of dementia that makes keeping her in the rehab facility a problem. They said that since she is ambulatory and can dress herself, cook and complete normal functions that she is being sent home. Her abilities are such that she can be sent home BUT, and this is bad for me, she has to have someone with her pretty much 24/7 to watch that she doesn't wander off or go into some kind of relapse or endanger herself. How can the rehab center do this? My chemo takes 4 to 5 hours twice to three times a week. I also have other commitments at the VA, checking and working on my boats and appointments for other things. They said that I have to watch her because she's no longer qualified to stay there under the new rating. I will have to get an adult Day Care Facility to take her to when I have to go to my chemo and other problems that cause me to have to leave the house. I thought she was going into an assisted living facility when she got out of the rehab. I don't know what has changed but I have to find out today. She is due to be released on Saturday. Can I just fire up I.R.Baboon and run away? How can I pull 1 on 1 care with all of the issues that I have? I don't feel like I have the ability to control her and watch her 24/7. I have her car disabled and pulled the batteries out of her golf cart so she can't get behind the wheel and sneak off but that is the easy part. How do I get to chemo and all of my other commitments without leaving her alone? I have got to find out what my options are. Are leg irons and cages legal restraining devices? Okay, quit complaining and see what I have to do and how I have to do it. I just know that I can not afford to pay for day care or a live in nurse or attendant to watch her. I have to push her doctor and find out if I have any other options and I have to do it fast.

I guess it's time to get moving.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20297

• Trinity
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello White Feather!
I introduced myself in the intro thread. Just thought I'd drop a quick note and say how inspirational you are with your no quit attitude. I've read your entire White Feather journal from the beginning :woohoo: (I'm a bit exhausted now :sick: )
but your adventures in life have kept me occupied for the last several weeks while I read.
Hoping that you get some of these setbacks behind you and do get out on the water where you belong.

Eric

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20300

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thank You, Eric. I am amazed that you have the ability to keep at this post from the beginning. That is a we some.

Okay, so I have had some setbacks and problems here and there on this post over the last 7 years but the biggest, meanest and most insane issue I have ever encountered has just hit yesterday. I just got word that the center where the wife is has just changed her classification and, as of this morning we no longer have insurance to cover the $300 a day that it is costing to keep her there. I am just getting the first wave of bad news and have been told to come in for a financial evaluation. I don't care what they say, I can not afford $300 a day. This is going to go real bad real fast.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20301

Russ, try,ahem, the VA.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20302

Russ, when I could not get back on Treasure Works, The fault was mine During this period I went to an alternate Treasure site. I have a blog there, now at approx 535,500 hits and posts there. --- The adventures of a Tayopa hunter"-- If you wish I can post your basic problem with Sharene there and see if they can come up with an idea.

Regardless I am a loyal fan of Treasureworks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20303

misc adventures and Data of a Tayopa Treasure hunter.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20304

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 152
Don Jose I follow your blog on TreasureNet. Very interesting. You help teach us.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20305

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:unsure: It seems that someone let Sherene out of the center. The director called me and said I had to pick her up because she was going to be discharged. Her doctor had told me, on Friday in no uncertain terms that she was NOT going home. I tried to contact one of her doctors but none responded. It was a weekend and they were all closed. Answering services said they only directly contact the doctors in an emergency. They don't consider getting out of a hospital an emergency. I had to pick her up or they were letting her go anyhow. I was in severe pain Sunday morning but I went to the clinic and brought her home. When we got home I had to lie down. Around 2:00 I threw a steak on the grill and a few ears of corn in the pot. I added some scalloped potatoes and we had a real nice dinner. I stayed up as long as I could but the pain in my left side was so bad that I could not stand any longer. I laid down around 3:15 and just woke up. It is 1:00AM. The wife has just gone to her room. She seems like she is okay. The strange thing about this release is that there were no restrictions or special instructions on how or what she is allowed to do. None. I have a feeling that this release was a screwup on the hospital's staff or the admissions office people. My insurance stopped Friday at midnight. Maybe that had something with the decision to make her leave so suddenly. I looked at the release form where the doctor had to sign her out and it just had "in house" where the doctor's signature was supposed to be. Anyhow, she is home so I am going to have to tough it out over this pain and keep a close eye on her. I have chemo today at 1:00. I don't know if I can leave her home or if I should take her with me. There were no special instructions and nothing said anything about one on one security measures. As far as her release is concerned, she has just been released to go back to normal routines and check in with her primary doctor.

I have to get these boats out of where they are stored ASAP. My storage place is full up and can't find me an empty unit right now. Maybe a quick run to Texas is the order of the week. I have to decide by Tuesday evening. I am already running very low on money. It is about 2,000 miles round trip with my 9MPG truck. That will bite my wallet big time. 2000 ÷9 = 222.22 gallons. 222 gallons × 2.79 p/g = $619.38... Man, that's Crazy. Not to mention food. I can sleep in the truck and pack my cooler with ice and food. Still, I think a round trip to my brother's ranch will bite to the tune of at least $700. Dang! Maybe I can get him off a side of Black Angus beef to bring home. That would free up a few bucks next month. I'll have to see what I can come up with in the next two days.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20306

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Russ can your brother come over here and pick up the boat? If not, you can store it on my lot. I have one acre of free space.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20310

SALVOR, you can blame Russ for my having decided to come back to the world of the living. I was ready to join my beloved Wife -- who passed away this January, 18 -- when I commenced to read Russ' stories. of his fight with the VA over his cancer. I suggested an alt treatment, which he Ignored, as if I didn't know more then the Va doctors, he he, but it did cure me of three simultaneous Cancers, one of which was terminal 18 years ago. i was down to 87 pounds when I started o read his posts blame him!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20311

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am not ignoring your advice, my Hero Friend. As long as the current treatments are working I will give them a chance. I have gained a few pounds back and my blood work numbers are lookng good so I would be foolish to change at this time. If it gets to where I feel this is going south I will not wait to long to try your suggestions. Believe me, I have a lot of things to do and a lot of people to irritate.

The wife is still not right and keeps wanting to do things she shouldn't. I have to go for X-RAYS tomorrow at the VA. I have been having a lot of lower side pain and I think I actually pulled some muscles but the cancer center wants to be sure it isn't something sneaking up on me. I went to pick up one of my guitars this morning and realized that the pain went off the chart. I experienced the same sudden pain on Saturday when I picked that guitar up. I was laying down and reached to the right side. When I started to lift it the pain shot across my back and into the lower left ribcage. Not a pleasant feeling but it made me take notice and I remembered it. Sometimes I need a reminder that I did another stupid thing, again. Even standing up hurts if I am not careful.

It's almost 2:00 so I had best get some sleep.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #20313

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Don Jose', how are you doing? I have not been able to get you off my mind the past few days. I wish I could head down your way for a visit but that is not an option for me just now. Besides, I don't have any idea of just where you are. That and the cancer center wouldn't let me have a week or two off just now. If I could head down I wouldn't want to have a day and run right back. I'd like to visit a while. My last Trip to old Mexico lasted 9 months. I wandered all around the countryside and met many very nice people and had a great time. They try to tell me about how dangerous it is to do that now. They said the same thing back on 07 and the other time I drove from Key West to Belize. That was another beautiful trip.

I worked on the Hatteras until the heat got to me today. By about 1:30 I was having a lot of trouble with breathing and my balance was somewhat shaky. I came home and took a nap in my air conditioned room and practiced with my guitars and worked on a couple of paintings. I have 5 or 6 going at once. It helps me to be diverse when painting. My pallette gets a little bit muddy if I try to keep after one theme or subject. With a variety of different things to paint I tend to be more conscious of what is going on in the paintings. I seem to get much better results.

Pete, I have been working on getting the new storage unit but there are none available for now. I may have to take your offer to bring the two boats over to your place until I get a unit. I want to put the bass boat on top of the pontoon boat wreckage and bring them over covered up and lashed together. If I get a chance to run them to Texas I will take it. Meantime, I just need a little spot to store them. I'll give you a call in a day or two.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #20315

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: By the by, I managed to get a couple of dive tanks ready. I didn't know I still have about a dozen or more. Wow, if I get that bigger boat I will have room for more than two or three tanks. I have three on I.R. Baboon but that is only a day or so of air. I will also have to set up my hookah rig. Maybe That would be better anyhow. Don't take up as much room and a lot less weight. Just thinking out loud. I want to get back in the water when no one else is there.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #20316

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Russ I have plenty of room for your boats. Here is my address so you can GPS it:
11655 Key Lime Dr
New Port Richey, FL 34654
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, thetigers2, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #20317

• Trinity
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 7
Russ,

Hope you get everything worked out. Looking forward to more of your adventures. Will be sending prayers on your cancer treatments.
My step-dad is a 5 tour Vet of Vietnam. He was with the 101st Airborne out of Fort Bragg. I've watched him struggle with his lungs these last few years (really bad COPD) I recently took him fishing up at my cabin, but the elevation at 8000 feet is a struggle for him. Hoping you get your strength back and get out on the water.

Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 4 days ago #20325

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Sorry I have been offline and not keeping up with this. I have been having all sorts of things that have demanded my time and energy. It has literally been a nuthouse around here. My apologies to all.

Let me get to what is going on for now before I try to cover the past ten days or so. Right now I am sitting on deck in the Hatteras looking the starboard engine over and trying to decide where to start. I just finished putting up a nice shade cover that covers the entire deck. It is working great. I am sitting here with the fans running fore and aft. It is very comfortable and cool. Out in the sun it is in the mid 90's but it feels very comfortable here.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I will have to post this each time I add a photo.

Okay, cover up, nice breeze from the two fans and I am ready to get these Big Cats tuning. I am going to need some help with these monster engines but if anyone can help I will get lunch and keep the fridge stocked with your favourite beverage. I can't do much until payday, the 1st of the month, but I can keep the fridge stocked and get lunches. Once this monster is running I figure we will have to run out to deep water to test the engines and offshore fishing gear along with the dive potential of the boat. ??????? Ya Think? Anyhow, as soon as I can get started I am going to get these Big old 3208 Cays running and get back to diving, fishing and boating. I have been working and land locked for to long. It's time for me to get back to the life I love on the water. I am tired of looking for the perfect live aboard boat. I have my hands on this 32 foot Hatteras and it is going to have to suffice. I have a serious knock and other issues with I.R.Baboon so she is going to have to sit for now and I will concentrate in getting back to the water life I need.

Pete, I have to wait to get the pontoon boat out of where it is. The recent rains have turned the entrance road into a swamp and the land owner does not want me to tear up the road trying to pull it out . My 4X4 can get in and out with the boat but it could really do some serious damage to the road. So, I have to wait until he says I can go in. Bummer!

Okay, first thing with the Cats is to get the wires replaced that were stolen out of the boat. Not little wires, the big heavy cranking power lines and main panel power supply lines. Someone stole a lot of very heavy duty wire out of this boat. I have dug out my welder cables and am going to make up new wires for everything. I got a box of cable end connectors and will start measuring and cutting them today. The boat also trips the circuit breaker when I plug the power chords in to the dock. That keeps me from using the A/C. Bummer!

Now I just have to figure out what wires are missing and where the new ones have to go. Ain't this fun?
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 4 days ago #20326

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Russ is your brother going to help you? How about giving Steve McAdoo a call? He said he would help too.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 3 days ago #20329

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Morning Y'All, it sounds like it's raining here. Bummer, it rained several times overnight too.

Pete, I'm going to try to get the power restored and be able to crank the engines before calling for help with those big monster engines.

I have chemo in the morning. It is a never ending battle. Still, I refuse to give up. I would just like a little break for a few days once in a while.

Last evening we had a serious thunderstorm. I went down to the boat to see how the sun cover held up. It didn't! I had to set it back up and retie the support lines. I had overlooked the main center support and naturally it slid on the slick deck and brought the entire cover crashing down on deck. I managed to get it back up in about a half hour so it wasn't a big deal. Just another example of what Mother Nature will do to show you that you aren't so damn smart. I bet she is still laughing at that one. I couldn't get any photos because she also made it night time and my phone doesn't do night photos.

Okay, time for coffee.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate