Welcome, Guest
(169 Viewing)  (169) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20444

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 174
seeker41 wrote:

…..so, no ones hunting or finding treasure?.
…..no ones got anything to say about there "goings on" for the past few days/weeks?

Chuck here on the west coast we hunt year round. You guys have a season from Sept. to May where you can't get off shore. We also have a different system. You east coast guys have contracts and leases. We have nothing! You don't "hear" anything is because we keep our mouths shut when we find anything. Look what happened to Bobby Prichard at GME. He found his wreck off Cape Canaveral, reported it to the state and they took it away!

Cold weather in Florida? Tomorrow it's supposed to hit a high of 80 degrees here on the west coast.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Salvor6.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20446

Well ? I agree,anyone ??

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20447

if necessary I'll bore you with how I spent Christmas 47/48

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20448

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Please Don Jose, give us the details!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20450

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 52
Salvor6 wrote:
seeker41 wrote:

…..so, no ones hunting or finding treasure?.
…..no ones got anything to say about there "goings on" for the past few days/weeks?

Chuck here on the west coast we hunt year round. You guys have a season from Sept. to May where you can't get off shore. We also have a different system. You east coast guys have contracts and leases. We have nothing! You don't "hear" anything is because we keep our mouths shut when we find anything. Look what happened to Bobby Prichard at GME. He found his wreck off Cape Canaveral, reported it to the state and they took it away!

Cold weather in Florida? Tomorrow it's supposed to hit a high of 80 degrees here on the west coast.

yea GME got royally screwed!! completely agree with and understand the looking for something/ find something say nothing attitude!!! its not just a west coast thing!

just trying to get some activity/posts here on treasureworks,...…... been way too quiet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20451

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 374
:woohoo: Okay Y'All,. I'm Baaaack! Sorry for the long absence but this cancer, the treatments, a lot of family problems and the wife's very intense medical problems have not only had me going through some very bad health, financial and legal problems and my attention was very much required. I still have a lot to get through along with the health problems but I will just have to keep my head and body on course. Meantime, I want to start getting ready to get back to doing some of the things that I need to be doing very soon. I have to get up and get moving pretty soon. My health has been below normal and I need to be getting a lot of things done.

A few weeks ago I came to the end of a chemo session. A session consists of Three weeks of therapy, chemo, I.V. treatments. Three weeks on and one week off is a single session. I go through 8sessions, about 8 months and we test me for the amount of cancer cells detected and they consider the next session or what other options I have. I got to the end of the end of the last session and we ran the tests. They came back bad. I had to immeadeatly start another session. No break, no time to let my body have time to recover a little. It only took a week to set it up and get started. Meantime, everything at home was also not going to well either. The wife has been having a lot of trouble with memory and not being able to sleep. There has been a lot more going on but I don't have the time to get into it today. My alarm goes off in a few minutes and I have to get to the shop, get my trailer over here and start getting ready. Coffee..... I needs me coffee. Meds due at 7:30. I want to be on the way to the shop to get the covered wagon over here and loaded. I still haven't gotten a lot out of the shop work finished because of my health. I am feeling a little better today but I am not going to push it. Although today I want to get up to start getting ready to get started on the things I have to do.

I'll try to keep track and get back to doing something with the boats and diving real soon. I am also heading to the beach to do some detecting. I need to relax and get away from this stress. Ahah, my alarm said to get up. See Y'All.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20452

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 162
Hola my friend, you have been missed. I am happy that you are back on the road to recovery and hope that 2019 is a much better year for you and your family.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20453

STILL HERE rUSS.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20454

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
It's great to hear from you again. Thanks to everyone. I am just finishing up taking some tools and work to the new little workshop and I am stopping for a coffee on the way home. Awesome that you are still on the net, Don Jose, I always have looked forward to hearing from you. My Dad is still going strong too. You guys are putting me to shame. Both in your 90's and I bet you can both outdo me. I was looking forward to seeing everyone at the cookout . I am not going to slack off. I wish I had the money to jump on down to Mexico to meet you. The chemo is also a problem for now. I thought I finished another session but I had to start again in a week after that one ended. I have to keep pushing it to push the cancers back into remission if I can. Never give in and never give up! Okay, I am running into the store to get a coffee. Talk to you later.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20455

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I am going to try to get to the beach one day after chemo this week. There has been a lot of weekend weather over the past few weeks and I haven't been able to get down there even to enjoy a few hours of beach detecting. I usually get there at least once or twice a month. I haven't been able to get out in about the last 8 or 10 weeks due mostly to my health. Yesterday while I waS unloading my truck I took two of my detectors into the shop. I checked to see that the batteries had been removed and started messing around with one. Then it hit me about how long they had been laying in the back seat. Yup, it is time for to play.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20458

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today I think I'll head over to the beach with one of my detectors. I haven't been able to get out and enjoy a day due to the chemo and taking on additional work at the shop. Now that I am starting to feel better I want to do something besides chemo and work for a change. Even if it is just a matter of a trip or two to the beach to do a little detecting. Diving would be a nice change but I don't have the money right now. I have two or three tanks of air but Baboon is the only boat I have running and it is very hard to get in and out of. Real high sides and a tricky side boarding ladder. Nah, I'll just wait on that for now. Okay, I am waiting for the cancer center to open 5 minutes to go. I had best get moving. Later, Y'All!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20459

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 162
Have a wonderful day today my old friend, and enjoy the time on the beach!
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20460

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I managed to get out early yesterday and headed right for the beach. I managed to get there I time for breakfast at the Anna Maria Restaurant. Awesome! I had one of the best breakfasts in a long time. Two Eggs, over medium, Corned Beef Hash and a nice pile of home fries. Wheat Toast ,coffee and a glass of milk. Sitting at a table facing out to the open Gulf that was as calm as a lake. Hardly anyone on the beach. I finished breakfast and took my Surfmaster out for a walk. A couple of hours only caughed up one small silver charm from someone's bracelet but then again, I didn't expect to strike it rich. Just have a couple hours to relax. Not having to worry about working on anything for a couple of hours was nice. For a while, anyhow.

Then I walked back to the truck and put new batteries in the detector and wandered out on the beach. All I found was one little silver charm off of a bracelet. But, at least I did get out for a while.

Then I went to the shop and started to work on getting some signs loaded for delivery and to head to the lumber yard to pick up another 4 X 8 plywood to have cut so I can make more signs. It beats hefting those engines and other heavy parts. The heaviest boards are the 4 X 8's and I either get some help or have the wood cut to size.

It is late and I have to get up early. 6:30. Ouch! It's 2:00 now.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20461

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) It's cold outside! It's also about 2:30 AM. At least I don't have to get up at 6:30. I just noticed that the tag on the car has been expired since November. I think I had best get it renewed in the morning. I thought I had done it before but I guess when I went in and got tags for the truck, three trailers, the Mobile, the covered trailer, Baboon and the rest that the car tag got overlooked somehow and I never noticed it. It's a good thing it wasn't seen. I know I have driven that car to St Pete several times. Yup, I'll be there in the morning.

I have been having a lot of problems with skin cancers now. I think I need to get a dermatology appointment real soon. It is amazing how fast these skin cancers develop. In less than two weeks I went from minor skin problems to full blown areas of skin cancers. The worst is, naturally on my face and does not look good. It looks like a rash like Lupas or a very severe sunburn that has started scaling and is very red. I had something like it come up a few years ago. I still had it when I went to the cookout that year. It cleared up that time but the cancer center nurse saw it and told me to get to dermatology as soon as I could. I will have to get an appointment tomorrow morning. Several others have also started but not as bad as my face. Bummer!

This week has been a week to avoid if at all possible. However, not being able to leave and come back next week, I am stuck going day to day right here. I went outside to get something out of the truck and it is bloody cold out there. Got to be in the low 40's. That is insane for down here. I have to figure out how to go farther south. With all of the illegals moving up here maybe I should just head down to Belize and trade my house up here with someone down there for theirs. That way we both win. No muss, no fuss. I bet they wouldn't like my monthly ground rent though. Maybe I could throw in a boat and golf car with the deal? My double wide mobile, my psyco-fast golf car, a nice fishing boat, easily adaptable to running a smuggling run with and possibly a Toyota Camry to boot. Fully furnished mobile, of course. I also have three freezers, three refrigerators and three TV's. That should be enough to get some interest in a trade, ya think?

A guy at the storage yard was cleaning out a unit and came over to see if I was interested in an old Honda motorcycle he wanted to sell. I did buy an amplifier and some styrofoam insulation. He asked if I had room in my unit to put his bike in it for a few days. When I looked it over I figured it to be early 80's. A shaft drive CF-650. Really rough looking. Beat up, not running, bad tires, every turn signal broken off, cracked headlight, broken windshield, tank full of sludge and rust and, In spite of all that, this guy thinks he has a gold mine. I'm not so sure. I would like to have an old riceburner again. I had a real nice Honda Gold Wing GL-1000 road bike about 25 years ago. It was a 79 and I built it into a beautiful show bike. I don't think I will have any trouble passing on this bike. I checked the numbers and this one is an 83. It could be a nice road warrior but not for the money he wants. I would have to be ready to throw another $1,500 or $2,000 or more into it. I just don't have the time to do it or the money to throw away. I'll pass on this one! Don't worry John, I heard you yelling, "Don't buy it" at me .

I am going to post this before I hit the wrong button and wipe it out again.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20462

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 103
I'm glad you heard me Russ!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 6 days ago #20465

Buenas dias Russ.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 6 days ago #20466

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Buenas Dias, Mi Amigo,
I hope you are doing well and enjoying the weather down there. Up here it is in the upper 40's and I am freezing my butt off.
48 is to cold for this skinny old cancer patient. I wish I could head south a while until it warms up a bit. I fired up the heat in my shop today but it was still to cold for me.

Good grief, I am at I-Hop, having breakfast and waiting for her to get off work. It is 5:30 AM. What was I thinking? I have chemo in 1 1/2 hours. Her truck broke down so I was elected to run her back and forth. I didn't get time to get coffee at home so I'm going to try I-Hop's. Ehh, not bad but not near as good as my brew. The spoon won't even stand up in it. Weak brew!

Okay, today is one of my long chemo days. I go in at 8:00 and usually just sit there hooked up to the machines for 6 or 7 hours. Normal days are about 4 hours. Wednesdays are harder. I hope this session works and I can get a break between these sessions. I would love to get some time to go out with the ⛵ and do some ????. Now this stupid-phone is going to start talking in picture cyphers. Oh well, breakfast is here so I had best get off this thing. Two eggs, over medium, home fries and corned beef hash. Hummmm? Why does everyone call hash browns home fries? Also a bit spicy for some reason.

The shop is filling up again. Dangit!

Okay, I have to get going. Catch Y'All later.
Last Edit: 2 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 6 days ago #20467

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I hope you didn't buy that Honda. That's one of the worst bikes Honda ever made. As far as the weather goes, we just had a cold front go thru. It will be back up in the mid-70's by Fri.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 5 days ago #20468

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) nope, I looked at it and didn't want it. I half heartedly offered $300 but he thinks he has a gold mine. I really didn't want it but he wants $800 and it is missing parts, it doesn't run and it needs around $1,000 in work and parts. Tires are shot, kick starter is missing and all 4 turn signals are broken off. Nah, it would just be for another anchor. After I said $300 I was worried he would accept. That was hairy! Today was a long and bad chemo. I have to get home and lie down. I feel really bad this evening.

I'm sure glad he didn't take the offer. I have no idea of what I would do with it or where in hell I would get the money. Bummer!

Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 4 days ago #20469

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:angry: I hate this damn stupid phone. I have developed a twitch in the muscles of my right hand and every once in a while it twiches and I hit the wrong button. Most of the time it just causes a spelling error but then, like just a few minutes ago I hit the delete button. Instead of asking if I want to delete it just wipes out a half hour or more of typing with one finger on this silly little screen. I hate smartass phones!

I have been trying to get my weight back up. I am down over 100 pounds since this cancer hit. Last week's weigh-in was at 141. Today's was 156. That's 15 pounds in a week. I am going to have to keep pushing these big breakfasts and energy drinks. I also packed the shelves at the shop with food, got my fridge stocked, added a big freezer, microwave, deep fryer, coffee maker and a ton of canned goods. A shelf full of chips, cookies candies ad two bottles of RUM for John and Pete when they come by. I can't have my Rum while on chemo but I can have it there for friends.

Well, tomorrow morning comes early even when I don't have chemo. I am always up and running by 5:30 or 6:00. If I have to pick up the daughter from work she gets off at 5:30 so I am out of here by 5. Then we have a big I-Hop breakfast before I drop her at home and head for chemo or the shop.

I am looking forward to getting in the water soon. I worked on some of my dive regulators today and they checked out okay. I think my set of bouble 80 tanks are going to be reset as singles. I grabbed them today and I think that have put on considerable weight from setting there unused for so long. Anyhow, those suckers are heavy! I also have to reset my weight belts. They seem to have almost 10 pounds to much weight on them. I shouldn't have more than 15 or 17 pounds. They seem to be a little bit heavy at 25 pounds. Yeah, I have lost that much weight. I grabbed two of my belts and nearly tipped over. Even weighing in at 156 is way under where I want to be. I haven't been this weight since Highschool. But, at least the weight is going up again.

I had better get off this thing and get some rest. But first, I think I'll head out to the kitchen and have some potato pancakes.

This was about three or four years ago. I was a little bit heavy at that time. The two people are my kids, Christine and Russell.
Later, Y'all !
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate