Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(105 Viewing)  (105) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 9 hours ago #20470

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 368
:unsure: I just paid my truck off and my credit score went down 55 points. What the hell?

Today I started looking into getting some things ready for the next weekend flea market and try to get rid of a lot of junk.

I think I mentioned that the cancer center pulled the extra blood work for the Kappa light chain test and the rest that will tell if the cancer is gone into remission or if I have to change the attack plans again. I did notice that I have been feeling a little better but still have a lot going on. The back pain from the bone damage is very intense at times. Walking or just standing can be a serious pain issue. But, even though I have been in sometimes serious pain I don't let it stop me.

This weekend I am planning to go out on Baboon for a short run to check the engine. It has been sitting for a few weeks and I have to make sure it is okay to run down river. My Dad is going to fly down in a week or so and our favorite thing in this life is going out fishing together. I intend to get out on the bay any way we can. Baboon is our best bet. I haven't had her out for a couple of months but I think it will run okay. The hot fuel problem seems to be solved. I run her in the slip for an hour or so without any stalling or refusing to restart anyhow.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Dad with two of his Great-Great Grandkids. They are my Great-Grandkids.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 9 hours ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #20471

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Well, I got the bloodwork back. It is bad this time. Real bad. I was advised that the chemo has stopped working effectively and we have to consider other options. We will continue the chemo for the time being but it is just slowing the cancer at best. I was told to make an appointment with my VA Oncologist team and have them contact the cancer center about considering a bone marrow transplant as soon as we can. I went to the VA and they have already started stalling me. They want me to supply ALL test results, CD's of treatments, DVD's of MRI's, progress reports, X-Ray reports, continuing progress evaluations and a dozen other items on my list and to have it when I come to my next appointment with my VA Oncologist. February 5th. That appointment was made 6 months ago just for an update with the VA doctors and just happened to be coming up. Surprise, surprise, surprise! I am a very good records keeper and have all of that information in my files here at the house. They will not be expecting that. My Cancer Center had said one time that he never saw a patient that kept such accurate and complete records of treatments ever before. I even have printouts of every single bloodwork from the cancer center AND the VA since this started. Every time I have a test I go to the freedom of information office and request a hard copy of the tests and all associated reports from all doctors involved. I must have 50 or more CD's and DVD reports and several hundred blood test results and doctor's reports from every doctor I have seen.

I expected to have a better report this time but was ready to do whatever was necessary. I just didn't think it would be this drastic or this soon. I already knew this is a terminal cancer and that the best I can do is to keep fighting it. Sooner or later it will win. Today's test went so bad that they canceled today's Chemo treatment. That was mainly due to one of the medications that did not arrive on time for the treatment. They could have done the treatment without it but the doctor decided to skip this one and restart my chemo next week. I agreed because these treatments are very expensive and if I have to go through them I want everything to be there. These treatments run over two thousand a treatment and I get many during the month. Now that they are getting ineffective I want to push every advantage I have. They sure aren't many, that's for sure.

I haven't gotten out with the boat this week but with the number of cancer treatments being reduced I may have a chance during the week. I did stop down to the marina and asked a friend if he would take my Dad and me out with his boat when he comes down. He said there was no problem. I said I will pay for everything like bait, fuel, food and any other expenses. He just asked if I could put him onto some good fishing spots. I said I would throw in a couple dozen good fishing spots that he can save in his GPS. I have been wanting to get out and go fishing for quite a while but have been dragged down by health and trying to get the overheated fuel problem solved aboard I.R.Baboon. I have a couple of hours running under a load at the dock but none running out for a day or two on the water out on the Gulf. I also want to do a couple of shallow dives before this cancer stops me from diving. I have a few close wrecks that I have been wanting to check out ever since I got here. This is getting maddening with all the delays and setbacks.

I want to go back to the Islands! I hate it here and am trying to get everything done and get one of my boats going and one of my dinks ready to head out. Now this latest round of battle with this cancer looks like it is going to stop me again. I have got to get rid of everything and just haul ass to the Islands and go diving while I still can. I don't know anything about this bone marrow transplant crap. It may or may not work. Right now I can still dive even if it is just shallow. 100 feet may not be in my realm of possibilities anymore but 20or 30feet seems within reach yet.

That smirk says that I know of a wreck about 300 yards offshore behind me right where I was standing. I could have swam out to it back then. Now I need a boat to get out 300 or so yards.

Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #20472

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 43
Our prayers and positive thoughts are with you my friend.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 4 days ago #20473

Well, I got the bloodwork back. It is bad this time. Real bad. I was advised that the chemo has stopped working effectively and we have to consider other options Pk Russ, you know what i'm thming

ok.you know what I am thinking -- Cesium chloride, before it's too late.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 4 days ago #20474

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 172
Russ I have to agree with Don Jose. Try something different. What have you got to lose?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 4 days ago #20475

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yup, I have already started to get information on how to get more information and I am also going over your earlier emails about Cesium Chloride. I will let you know what I find out. I am still trying to deal with the sudden change and reality check. I will be back to normal in a day or two. I was trying to finish up a couple of jobs in the shop and could not concentrate. The mind was disagreeing with my work schedule. I still managed to get the covered trailer and freezer work done and over with. Now I am catching flack about getting the freezer home and loaded. The wife can't reach the food in the bottom of the chest freezer so now I have opened another problem. This upright freezer is a monster and will cost a bundle to fill.

A truck went around a turn and ended up dumping the two vehicles he was carrying in the median. Driving, I had no real chance
To get any photos other than a quick shot between the jumping wiper blades and hope for the best.

At the VA I went by the fishing pier and saw a bunch of boats in some very shallow water.

Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 4 days ago #20476

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 12
Russ

My neighbor with stage 4 leukemia entered a trial experiment program last year with chemo and bone marrow transplant and has now been declared cancer free.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 3 days ago #20477

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Roger, I definitely want to talk with you about this. I'm also getting some information about Don Jose's suggested treatment. I have a few questions about both treatments and would like to get every bit of information on I can. I am not going to let this slow me down for the time being. I have a lot to do and I will not allow this to stop me. Today I managed to move two freezers and then drop a fridge on my arm. Ain't this purdy?

Now that hurts! Bummer, and then I will have to see what I have to do to get this covered so I don't continue to rip it open. I hate working!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 3 days ago #20478

ask away Russ

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 3 days ago #20479

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 98
Get that Rick Simpson oil (RSO).

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 14 hours ago #20480

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Y'All, I have been living in a nuthouse here and it doesn't look like it is going to get better anywhere near soon. :pinch: The weather has taken a turn to much colder and I have no heat in the shop. It barely hit the mid 40's today. I know, I know, mid 40's are springtime up north. Well, I ain't up north, I am in southwest Florida and that is bloody cold down here,. With my arm near raw from the nasty tear I managed to inflict on myself I have been trying to keep it clean and covered at the shop and still get some work done. Friday and Saturday were wasted due to family stuff but Sunday I managed to get back to a little work. Today was okay, I guess but it could have been better if I had a warmer day. The paintwork I am doing on a couple of small signs needs a bit warmer to get the paint to lay down and dry better, 45 is the bottom limit of where I want to paint. The paint won't flow out as well and doesn't dry fast enough. But, I did manage to get two signs ready to paint.

I also got a golf cart working that I picked up. It had an electrical problem caused when one of the batteries exploded and damaged some internal wiring. I got it from a neighbor that had asked someone to remove it but they had let it set for a couple of months and the neighbor wanted it gone. When I took the freezer home she asked if I would haul it away for her. I asked if she minded if I kept it and tried to get it going again. She said she just wanted it gone away from her house, It had all of the lights removed but she gave me the new lights she bought to install in it. Now that it is running again I think I'll just replace the lights and let the grandkids use it for a while. My cart is also broke down but it needs several hundred dollars worth of batteries so it is going to sit for a long while. Nope, I can't switch batteries, The fixed cart is 36 volt and mine is 48 volt. 6 volt batteries in one and 8 volt in the other. not exchangeable.

Some of you may know Scubasmitty, he called me this evening and said he was unable to get online way out there in the Arizona desert. I can't imagine what a diver is doing in the desert but, there he is. He asked me to let friends on TreasureWorks know he is trying to get over here to Florida but is having some vehicle and other problems. I guess the area where he is stuck has very limited wifi and little to no internet connections. He said he was going to be working his way across country and expected to find some internet along the way. I may call my brother in Texas and see if he needs another cowboy ranch hand for a while. That might help both of them out.

I am going to post this and come back to edit it shortly before I lose the writing again. It is a little past midnight here and I want to run to the kitchen for whatever I can find to eat. With all of the lost weight I need to keep working on gaining a few pounds. My weight got down to 141 a few weeks ago but I have it back up to 160 at this time. Still not good but better. I want to get it back up around 200 to 220. It was at 220 to 245 for over 30 years. That is where it needs to be. Meantime, I just try to keep eating...… anything and everything in the fridge and pantry. I'll be back!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 12 hours ago #20481

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Hey Russ, I wish I could lose weight like that. I went to bed last night after eating nothing all day. When I woke up I weighed myself and I gained two pounds! How can that happen?

Next Monday I'm going to John's house to pick up his pontoon boat and bring it to my house. I'm going to get it running again. John says it needs a new steering cable. He says you have one. Maybe I can stop by on my way down and pick it up. Are you still in your old shop? I will call you this weekend.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 9 hours ago #20482

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Pete, Yeah, same complex building C unit 15. I'll see if I can find that cable. I don't recall seeing it since moving out of the other shop but if I have one in the storage I'll find it. The old one on John's old pontoon boat was stolen along with the old console last summer when I was in the hospital. I recall I did have another one, a brand new one. I will look for it today when I get to the shop. Give me a call whenever you want. Don't forget, that stupid-phone of mine goes to voicemail without ringing sometimes and it rarely lets me know that there are voicemails to get. Just because you leave a message, doesn't mean I got it . Keep calling until you get something near human sounding. :lol:

I don't think this diet is one I would recommend. To lose over 100 pounds you don't need to lose is not good. :unsure: Here it is 3;45 in the morning and I just woke up and am going to go fix something to eat. :S I can eat two pounds of shrimp with lobster sauce and still lose a pound or two before morning. I keep the truck full of junk food to boot and eat constantly but it doesn't help much. Sort of makes you jealous, don't it? I had two plates of Salisbury steaks, two mashed potatoes with gravy, two glasses of chocolate milk, and three chocolate cupcakes at dinner. After that I brought a box of cookies and a big glass of milk to my room along with some other snack junk. It's all gone now so I have to get up, get dressed and go out to the kitchen and fix something. Normally I wouldn't worry about getting dressed but we have one of Sherene's daughters here again, evicted with her two teenage daughters. Why do kids think we want them living with us? This is the same daughter that was here with the kids the last time for nearly two years when we had to get guardianship of the kids to get them out of foster care. It is going on 5 months this time, so far. I am going crazy with her and the girls here. I can't even walk down the hall to the kitchen to fix something to eat without having to get dressed. Now she has no driver's license and was driving with expired tags so I parked her truck but when we did that it created another disaster. Now we have to run her and the kids everywhere, to work, shopping, doctor appointments and all the rest. If we don't, then she could end up in jail over driving without a license, no tags; etc. I don't get it.... Why do kids think it is no big deal to just come back and move in on parents? They act like we have nothing to do other than cater to them. They also think that it doesn't cost us anything for them to be here. Besides our freedom and privacy they have taken our ability to go out or just stay in and watch whatever we want on TV. The kids are stuck to those damn tablets and computer and are constantly sitting in the dining room, living room, summer porch or just hanging around. It drives me crazy. They are "home schooled" which means they never leave the house for more than a very short time. I just don't get it. I would never have just shown up at my parents house and moved in. Hell, I never would have considered it. When I went to Vietnam my mother had a fight on her hands to get my wife to move in with her and Dad. We had two very small kids. The daughter was a week old when I was sent to Vietnam for my first tour and my son had just turned 1. We already had a place but my mother would not let the wife and kids stay there alone. When I got home we were back in our own house in a few days. But that was my mother's choice. We were setup and had never considered anything but my wife staying in our own home. Other than that, we never ever went home to our parents. My two kids never moved back home. I was taught that you raised your kids to be self sufficient, have your own home and raise your own kids. That's what I taught them.

Sorry, Pete, this bunch just drives me crazy with this always running back to mommy with their problems and whenever they can't pay bills, rent, car payments or any of a hundred other problems that they should handle on their own. There is no pride or sense of being a grown up anymore. No understanding of how to raise your own kids and not go running back to mommy instead of working a real job and keeping a roof over your head, keeping your kids fed, clothed and keeping the bills paid. I never should have bought a dirt house. At least living on a boat I had the chance to haul up the anchor and move on if the kids showed up to move in. Now I have been grounded and trapped here. I need to sell this Redneck palace and get another boat. I really hate this place and living here in this gated swamp. Yep, I need another boat. 45 footer or bigger up to about 60 feet. The main problem is that I can't seem to put the money together to afford the down payment on another boat.

Okay, I am starving and need to get out to the kitchen to fix something to eat.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 54 minutes ago #20485

Russ,the cesium also tends to eliminate the cancer's paim, which is caused by the acidty of the cancer. It also tends to put on weight.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20486

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I see the same thing in my family. I consider myself lucky that my eldest daughter graduated from college and then got her masters degree. She married a man who enlisted in the Army and they are self sufficient. They are living at Ft. Bragg and her husband has been deployed to South Korea for one year.

My son is a different story. He and his wife were living in my house after his wife's parents evicted them. When I sold my house my son and his wife had to move out. They decided to move in with my wife in Tennessee. She finally got rid of them when my son and his wife bought a dog boarding business in a neighboring town. His wife is a dog groomer and their business is thriving.

My sister has a different problem. Her 32 year old daughter got married and had a kid. Her and her husband work as security guards and make peanuts. My sister is raising their kid. They have no ambition, no education. What can you do?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20487

It was the same when I was in the Border Patrol, but I loved it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20488

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( I keep trying to get some things posted but this stupid ass phone keeps saying whatever it wants. I'm going to have to get back to this when I can get back on my computer. We

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20490

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 98
Hey Russ, do you have a couple tires & rims for the pontoon boat trailer? I doubt that it will make it up to Pete's place on the tires it has. Remember, two of the old ones blew when you brought it down.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #20491

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) No I don't have any more. I had to buy the ones I put on. I also replaced wheel bearings on three of the four wheels. It should be okay if the tires aren't dry rotted. I would have to go back to check what tires I put on. I know one was the right rear and one on the other side. The only tire I have is one I pulled off because the chord was exposed. It is laying in the shop but Pete is welcome to it. It's no good but it should get the trailer off the road if It has a flat. I think the trailer axles are out of alignment on it. It should not have worn out tires that fast.

I am having a lot of trouble with this new chemo session. It is tearing me up. By the time I get out of it I have to go lay down or I feel like I can't move. I get to the shop after chemo and sit down and pass out in my recliner. I slept for 3 hours one day. I pulled up to the shop door and thought I would sit a few minuits and relax before I opened the shop door. I fell asleep in my truck and slept for 3 hours. The next day I couldn't think or concentrate on anything all day. by this evening I was like a zombie. This new stuff they are giving me is rough. I hope I gain a bit of tolerance to it before to much longer..
Maybe I just need to eat better....

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #20492

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: Hey Pete, I can pull a couple of tires off of another trailer that you can use but I would have to get them back later. Will that do you for now? We could put them on John's trailer and put his back as spares if needed. I can get 4 off of another trailer as long as I can put them back later. I know nothing! :whistle:

I am still in Facebook jail for who knows what. I can read stuff but can't respond to anything. This is about the 5th time I got locked out. This time they said it was a month but that was Christmas and I am still not allowed on. That's okay, I have been kicked out of better places. I have always said that I wouldn't want to be a member of any organization that would have people like me as members anyhow..... :lol:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate