Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(90 Viewing)  (90) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20693

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 407
I see a few questions about my absence. The main reason was my computer fried and I had no way to get another one for some considerable time. I tried to get on TreasureWorks with my idiotphone but the site wouldn't let me. I would gain access but then it would not accept my password or just plain only drop me. Anyhow, being of very limited funds I could not afford to stop paying anything to afford a new computer. Meantime, a lot has happened. Some good and some not so good. I will try to see if I can remember and write things down that might be of interest. Some is totally boring and just drags on. :unsure:

Let's see, I was having a very hard time keeping up with finances and had to try to eliminate some expenses. It had been months since I had even been out fishing or detecting, let alone being able to go on a decent dive. The cost was prohibitive only because I was falling farther and farther behind in my bills and normal living expenses. I know, everyone has bills and normal living expenses and most, like me, are on a fixed income. I had to eliminate something. My Dad called around the beginning of March and said he was coming down for his Birthday in May and wanted to see if we could go fishing while he was here. I wanted to have one of my boats running when he got here but I had no way to get the money to fix even the smallest of problems. We were also still tied down with the girls being here. I was still doing duty as chauffer and all around gopher even though the oldest grand daughter had just got her license and was helping with some of the running with the wife's car. My truck is a POS and requires super strength and an electronics degree to drive. I'll explain that crap later. The wife's car is needed to run her back and forth to her doctor appointments and other things. she can not just let the grand daughter have it whenever she wants. Anyhow, I had to think of something to start cutting back on expenses. I started looking for some kind of housing for the girls but there was nothing that could be had at the kind of money they could afford, which was next to nothing. I could not afford two places nor could I keep supporting all of the 5 of us. The daughter said she would help but her bills were even more than she made and there was no way she could even consider helping. The answer came in the form of a camper. actually a small motorhome. It was cheap but would require a lot of work to make it livable for three girls. Also, I would have to find a reasonable campground . Imagine that in southwest Florida. Luckily, it was off season and there was a local campground that would accept $500 a month. Considering the cost of everything down here that is pretty good. Just my ground rent here where I am at is very close to twice that. The camper in a campground would also cut down on my food bills considerably. I never begrudge anyone food but my grocery bills were running at or a little over $1,000 a month. Try feeding 5 people and two are teenagers. My parents had 5 of us kids and when my brother and I were teens our eating habits were legendary but we didn't have anything on two teenage girls. Don't ever let anyone tell you that girls eat a lot less than boys growing up. I have raised both. Okay, we get this camper and started working on it. In very short order it proved to be a major undertaking. everything that could break down was already not working. And I mean everything. but, we were now committed and had to move onward. The Daughter and girls started cleaning. First on the outside and then inside. Meantime I had the honor of getting anything inside working. All of the plumbing was either shot, leaking or missing. The engine would not run. The roof leaked and the floor in the bathroom was rotting. There had been a piece of plywood down over it and a carpet thrown over the wood. The first step was to hook up water and see just how bad the system was. That was the first mistake. Water went everywhere. Not two or three leaks but leaks under every cabinmate and seat, in the bathroom and under the RV. Water was running out of the RV from under the flooring. Our $500 bargain had turned into a nightmare of epic proportions.

It is 4;30 AM and I am really beat. I'll get back to this tomorrow night. I have to go work on the truck as soon as it gets light out. It broke the shifter control on the transmission for the 5th time since I got this POS truck. The Ford dealer says he has no idea of what is causing it. My truck is a 2004 Ford F-250 with all the bells and farts that come with big, low mileage trucks. You know, 4 door, 8 foot bed, 4 wheel drive and extra long wheelbase. I think the tranny is an automatic 5 speed with the electric shift assist. I know that when the fuse panel went out I lost overdrive and a lot of other things. Oh yeah, I have had to replace three of those in 4 years too. I need to get a floor shifter that will work on this beast but they want right at $500 for one. The Ford people tell me they don't make floor shifters for these big trucks. BS!!! I know someone makes a floor shifter kit for these things that is reasonable. I used to install and even design floor shifters for a lot of trucks and hotrod cars back in the day. I just can't get under this thing on my creeper with my back screwed up from my last surgery. I had to get a vertebra repaired and it was done wrong. Now I can not lay one my back for even a few seconds due to the pain it causes. When I asked the cancer center about opting for another surgery to repair the damage the doctors told me to wait until after Moffitt Cancer Center decides what they are going to do. The back problem may require considerable healing time so they don't want me tied down waiting for my back to heal. Okay, 4;45...........Nite Y'All!

These are two of the 5 shifter control rods. Notice how the keep breaking in the same place. that is crazy.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This is my truck. Ford F-250 Fix Or Repair Daily, FORD!

Here is a home grown floor shifter I was working on the last time this rod broke. I could not figure out how to over ride the electronic safety lockouts for starting in gear and how to allow the electric shifter assist to function through the modified boat throttle/shifter controller. Any ideas?

Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20695

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 204
This thread is dead!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20696

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 18
thats funny cause russ is back
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20697

• thetigers2
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 49
You keep it up, Russ

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20698

• Trembull
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 6
you killed it pirate pete, saying Russ had moved to facebook, some of us dont like or have facebook
Glad your back Russ, Prayers on you
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20699

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ glad to have you back. This thread is not dead.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20700

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 24
FIX OR REPAIR DAILY :pinch: FORD and their better ideas, MEH,
I for one am glad to sea everyone still here and kick'in.
Iv'e been a busy little bee , I finally had some time to update those who were wondering (why don't he write)?
WELL quick and short, (like my love life)- :blink: my motor home took a dump, traded for a fifthwheel trailer, have been trying to get everything re-built too, gave up on BFE quartzsite AZ, moved to TEXAS, yeehaw,?- will NEVER trust a BIZ partner again, and now im trying to do SOMETHING for an income short of robbing, stealing, and lieing,did I mention biz partner ?,,, I have my trailer parked on little bro's land and am looking at doing some home steading, IE veggie garden and quail. SO I guess I better start reading previous posts to sea what Ive been missing,---did you ever get your utube channel going russ ?
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #20701

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Wow, this is getting , GETTING? crazy! Today is Tuesday Jan, 14th..... At least that is what my brain is trying to tell me. Today and yesterday were a couple of real strange and crazy days. I think! With all this crap they have me taking I can't be sure...…. sort of. Okay, I had someone come to look at a couple of items I have for sale. Two I think will be sold tomorrow or Thursday. I owe, I owe so the money I am looking at coming in is just going back out to pay people I owe money to. After these items are sold and I pay back the money to my friends I will be able to start really making a few bucks and possibly even get out from under this disaster I have been tied down to. I will clear about $150 or so and that is better than losing another $150.

I had to run to the Florida Cancer Center for a chemo today but it turned out to be short and it didn't knock me out like they sometimes did before changing chemo to Moffitt. Moffitt is now overseeing my chemical concoction to help me get the Kappa Light Chain numbers down. They have reached the critical level and we have to get them down to a treatable level. I have these night time pain levels that get obscene and I am up most of the night. If I get to sleep before 11 or 12 I will be up at about 2:30 to 3:30 and can not get back to sleep. Then I am up until I have to eave to go to Chemo or to work at the shop. People keep asking why I work so hard and spend 12 to 15 hours at the shop and Chemo. I say it is just the way I lived all my life. I don't know any other way than to get up and go to work. Today I worked on a boat and a trailer and some other stuff at the shop. I stopped long enough to go to a local store to get something to eat and just kept working while I had lunch. I moved stuff around in the shop so I could get to 5 sheets of plywood I had buried in the back of the shop and picked up a 90HP Mercury outboard. I still had to get things done! I looked at the clock and it was 5:45 so I locked the shop and headed home. I stopped at a store to get a drink and sandwich and then to the marina to see if one of the boats had sunk. They were all still floating. I got to the house about dark and threw a steak on the grill and had dinner. Since then I have been working on this stupid computer to get the photoshop working. Today was the youngest grand daughter's Birthday and I like making up Birthday and holiday cards. The photoshop was messed up so I spent the last few hours trying to find my 8 year old system update and repair site. Nope! I checked on what was called a "FREE" version of the same system. All was good until I saw something flash by about PayPal recurring payments of $9.99. Nope! I do not do online recurring payments. How in the hell did they get my PayPal information to come up that fast? I was still reading the long winded agreement when It notified me of the payments and that drivers had been downloaded into my computer. Not going to happen. I shut them down and went to PayPal to stop that while I deleted the drivers and other crap that it put on my computer. then I emailed them with a written cancelation and made sure the bank and PayPal were notified. Have you ran into one of these sites that jumps the gun before you finish reading the propaganda? Scary, Huh? I had a run in with AOL about 10m or 12 years ago when we were sailing around the Caribbean and had no internet. 9 months into the trip I found out AOL had been drafting more and more from my account. I had to close the account to stop them. 20 years I had been with that bank and they said I could not stop the withdraws. So, I shut down the account. If this outfit draws even one payment I will know how to get it stopped fast.

Alright, When I get a nice day I am going to take Baboon out and run down river to check out the new prop and drag some ballyhoo to a watery death as big fishes try to bite their little tails off. I may even decide to take two days and possibly see how warm the water is. I have a couple of close dive sites that are shallow and I have not been in the water diving or even snorkeling for way to long. You just have to check new zincs and the bottom paint to see how wet the boats bottom gets. Right?

The truck repairs are all working. All I have to do there is finish cleaning out the cab and bed. I already cleaned and packed 6 of my guns to do some target shooting the next time I get out. I even got a box of targets out of the laundry room to drop at Baboon in the morning. I have lots of ammo and intend to run out before heading back in. I hate docking if I have any ammo left. :laugh:

The back pain has been pretty bad the past few days but I can deal with it. I have to expect that if I keep lifting 4 X 8 sheets of 3/4" plywood. What an idiot, right?

Okay, it's 11:30 so I had best go fix some potato pancakes and have a snack before I lay down.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 days ago #20705

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:angry: Thursday was a real bad start to a rough day. I woke up in extreme pain and couldn't get up right away. I normally get up about 6 if not sooner. It took me 4 hours to get going. That's not like me. I guess I have to expect that once in a while. I finally got going and headed to the shop. Once I get moving I usually start feeling better.

Today was a fairly good day. I went to the marina and checked the boats, loaded the truck with some stuff I had on the broken trailer and headed to the shop. There I just worked on getting some things cleaned up and took it easy all day. I guess I just over did it Wednesday trying to get to much done. tonight is a lot better and I am rested and ready for tomorrow. Maybe I'll take Baboon out on the river for a little while. The fish are running pretty good down at the 301 bridge. I can run by WalMart and pick up some frozen bait. That way I'll catch frozen fish and won't have to get ice to keep them on.

I wanted to get the trailer loaded for the flea yard for tomorrow but thought I should take it easy rather than loading the covered trailer all day. I'll plan on the flea yard for next weekend. That way I can relax this week and take my time loading and hauling the junk over to St. Pete.

It is after 11 so I think I'll get some more French Toast and a drink and watch this stupid political crap on TV. I would love to go out fishing this weekend but I think these winds that worked us over today will be pounding the water for a few more days. I am in no hurry to run out on rough water for now. The boat handles it better than I do. Besides, I want to switch Kayaks. I have a nice sit-on Kayak in the shop and a smaller sit-in Kayak on Baboon. I like getting back into the Mangroves in the Kayak to go after some nice catches back in real shallow areas. Dragging the Kayaks along is easier than the Bass Boat and the Kayak handles much shallower water. I like hooking a big fish from the Kayak. While living up in Cape Charles I used to take one of my canoes with me to the cement ships at Kiptopeake. Once I hooked a really big shark and it had drug me almost 5 miles out to sea before I got it up to the boat. Once I saw how big it was I just cut it loose. Luckily I had a little 5HP Johnson on that particular canoe. It could have been a really long paddle back. I have been thinking of mounting a little 2 1/2 HP outboard on the Kayak. That could be a lot of fun. A little 2.5 HP gas outboard would really make that little Kayak fly. Sounds like fun to me!

11:40, Okay, go get a drink, two more pieces of French Toast and get to sleep. G-Nite Y'All! :lol: :laugh:

Oh Yeah, I got that big 90 HP Merc in the shop and mounted on the engine work stand. John and Ishmael at the shop helped. I couldn't have done that without help.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 days ago #20706

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I managed to get a little work done in the shop before I ran out of materials and had to call it a day. I had decided to take it easy a few days and try to rest up a bit. When I stopped work I got out some charts and went over some locations I want to check out when I get the time. I was thinking of taking Baboon down to Cortez anchorage and leaving it there for a while. That way when I can do some diving or fishing Baboon won't have to make that 4 hour trip each way and I should be able to get a few days of snorkeling or diving with my detectors. I don't know how much longer it will be until I have to start the Stem Cell treatments and how long it will take to recover enough to get back to whatever it is that I do. :lol:

I have a couple of things to get done in the shop and some more to haul to the dumpster. I have a pontoon boat trailer that I just found out is in really bad condition. It has been parked in the field and was so overgrown with very high weeds for over a year. I got rid of the scrap boat and now I got to see the real condition of the trailer. All of the wood bunks are rotting badly and the bunk supports are almost all rusted so badly that I am going to have to replace them all. I think there are about 8. I was so wound up when I saw that they were all so rusted that they are useless that I didn't think about counting to see how many I need to get. I'll count them in the morning and start cutting the rusted ones off and see what they are going to cost. The lumber is also rotting but most of the plastic wood covers look reusable. I really thought the trailer was in good condition but it isn't. So, to sell it I am going to have to put some money into it first. Good grief, I can't catch a break here lately. I'll see about getting some photos tomorrow. Today I didn't think about pictures. :ohmy:

Tomorrow is Sunday. Maybe I'll just take off and run over to the St Pete Flea Yard. The Wagon Wheel and Mustang Flea Markets are very big and I can take half the day and still not see everything. I just have to remember that I am not there to buy anything. :lol: Maybe the truck will stay running long enough to start selling off some things next weekend. I sure need the space in the shop and the money from selling off some stuff would be a real big help too.

It's after midnight so I am going to try to get some sleep after I grab a bite to eat. I'm gone!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 14 hours ago #20707

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Sorry about not getting right back to what's going on. I had a bone marrow biopsy scheduled for yesterday and had a lot to get done to be ready and wanted to get many things done before the procedure. I was worn out every day when I got home and would fall asleep around dinner time. Sometimes even before dinner and would be to tired to even think straight.

I got ready for the procedure and went up to Moffitt Cancer center Thursday morning. I went to register and check in and was told it was postponed until Jan. 31, 2020. Next week. Why, I asked? So you wouldn't have to make two trips all the way up here when it all could be done at one time. ???????? WHAT??? Why didn't anyone call and let me know? No one had an answer. So, instead of moving the Jan. 31st tests to Thursday and letting me get it all done with one trip up yesterday, they let me drive up and find out that I was postponed. BUMMER!!

Now, for today I was worn out this morning so I have just been sitting here at home. I am making a small pot of oyster stew and relaxing.

Two days a go the wife managed to break the front left door handle off of her 99 Toyota. I went online this morning and found several at dealerships but the price was Ludacris. Lets just say that $134 for a little plastic door handle was crazy. I did a little research and found "TWO" of them, both right side and left side for under $11 with free shipping. How can dealerships justify these crazy markups? I bought interior handles last year for under $20. All 4 interior handles. I can get an entire set of 4 exterior handles for under $45. Yes, they were brand new and not used.

I have to do something with this Hatteras. I wish I could afford to get the engines running and use it for treasure diving or fishing. I would love to be able to take some of the Vets at the VA out fishing but if I don't get some help to get all this work on the Hatteras done I will have to just keep at it one repair at a time. Hopefully I will get through this Stem Cell treatment and blood transfusion and get back to being able to get some real work done. Being this weak makes me take days to do what I used to do in hours. BUMMER!!!

I am going to get off of here and go see what I can get into at the shop. I need to get some stuff out of the back of my truck and packed into the covered trailer. LATER!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 8 hours ago #20708

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 18
Russ part of it is getting older. I call it as being part of the FIOS generation as every thing we do is half fast!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 3 hours ago #20709

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Yeah, I am not getting older, I AM OLDER AND FALLING TO PIECES. Like I said, jobs that used to take me an hour takes me all day. :lol: :woohoo: But, at least I am still doing. I may complain but I am happy to still be getting around on my own and doing everything I need to. With this cancer draining me of strength and slowing me down to a crawl I am still luckier than a lot of people. My doctors keep asking how I still get out to the shop and work all day. I tell them that it is the only thing I know. It is how I have kept going since this crap hit me. I have had times when I could hardly get out of bed but when I get to the shop or boat I find energy and strength to get moving, somehow. I don't even know how I keep going some days. Today I sat around and "rested" and I feel like I worked all day. I think getting out is what keeps me going. With a terminal cancer like this I know I can't let it get me down. Well, sometimes I do get down but I have to push past that feeling and get out and do something. I don't know what drives me sometimes but I just know I have to keep pushing myself. Once I get moving I seem to find energy and stamina to work. Even if it is slower. The year before the last cookout I had forgotten to renew my meds and ran out the day before the cookout. I arrived in serious pain and looked for my meds. Then I realized I had forgotten to renew them and could not get to the doctor before Monday. Friday evening I was already in severe pain. I had to kick myself into gear and get moving. Saturday I went over in the morning to help John and the others set up the tables and chairs, unload my tables I had brought and whatever else I could do to help. I attended the cookout all day and kept putting away those awesome ribs. I even carried some to my room to have some at night. Sunday I helped pack up. I then went to the beach with my detector and wandered around the museum for a while. I stayed over to Monday and left for home about 10:00. I got to the cancer center and picked up my scripts and drove back up to the VA to get them filled around 4:00PM. Now, had I let the pain levels stopped me I would have been in bed the entire cookout and would not have gotten to detect the beach. A long time ago I learned how to deal with pain at some very serious levels. I would not have wanted to spend another night without my meds but I found out that I could if I had to. But I won't allow my meds to run out again. The pain meds I am on are very serious. This cancer is very painful and I often get to the point that I don't want to even move but I can't let that stop me. I know my time is getting limited but I am going to keep doing my best to beat this. If getting it into remission again is the best I can do I will do that and then keep trying to beat it. I refuse to give in or give up. No matter what I have to go through I will do it. I have already been through 4 surgeries, 6 weeks of radiation, many rounds of chemo. A round of chemo consists of three weeks on and one week off for 6 to 9 months. Then we stop and run a bunch of tests to determine what the cancer is doing. Every three months or less we do a Kappa Light Chains test. That number is supposed to be 19 or less. Mine was jumping all over. Up sometimes to 100 and above. This went on for years but we kept getting it back down to under 50. Now, 50 is not where it belonged but it wasn't as bad as it is now. I would love to get a 100 reading again. I would even settle for 200. Nope, my result on the last tests was at 880 and then around 930. The last test I had a few weeks ago was "down" to 780. This is very worrisome. This cancer is in my bone marrow, in my bones and in my blood which, obviously, carries the cancer anywhere it wants to go where it can attack any soft tissue and muscle tissue. I have lost a lot of weight. Now I am undergoing testing at the Moffitt Cancer center while the Florida Cancer keeps giving me treatments down here. Next week I have to go in for a bone Marrow Biopsy, a full body scan and numerous other tests. It will be an entire day of testing to determine where, how bad and what can we do about the cancer. My spine is twisted and extremely painful. I can not lay down, especially on my back. I sleep in a recliner sitting up. That is old! Even laying on my side or stomach is not possible. The slightest move wakes me with very bad pain in my spine. 4 spinal surgeries have also contributed to the pain in my back.

Sorry about going on and on but I have very few people, if any, to fall back on. I was always the one in the family that helped everyone else out and, believe it or not, I still do. The wife is in bad health with Dementia that seems to come and go. Some days she is in very good shape. Other days, not so good. This can hit her with very little to no warning at all. I can't get into all that stuff. I also have to help with that. There are a lot of other issues here that I can't get into on here. . All I can do is keep fighting my way through this.

I think I am going to take a day or two off and take Baboon out fishing or just go for a cruise for the day. Sounds like a plan to me. I'll have to check the weather. If I get a break I'll do that. It's time for to take a day or two and go play. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 1 hour ago #20710

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Good for you Russ. I don't know how you do it. My father retired at 65 and sat around doing nothing. He lasted 7 more years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 6 days ago #20711

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Just got back from a 14 hour trip to Melbourne and dig for a Spanish treasure chest. We dug down 7 feet and of course we found nothing but I had fun.
Here is Joe, Cal and me. Adam is in the hole.

Notice the top of Joe's head in this pic.

The rest of the crew.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 6 days ago #20712

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
The top of Joe's head:

The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, scubasmitty

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #20713

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: Even not finding anything on a dig is fun when you are out searching with friends. How can that be a bad day?

I went down to Baboon yesterday and it was way to windy to go out. Baboon could have done it but I would have been like a b-b in a wind tunnel in a boat bouncing over 4 to 6 foot waves. I don't think this tired old body would consider that fun any more. I will just wait until the weather improves. Today I am also sitting around and it is already 9:15. I should have been out to the boats or the shop hours ago. I guess a few days of rest won't hurt me to much. It is just that I feel like I should be out doing something and not goofing off watching TV and playing with the computer. I had to check up on my insurance policies and a few other things anyhow. I need to get me proof of insurance for the Marina so they don't throw me and the boats out. This having to have insurance on boats that are just stored or on trailers is stupid. I guess it is just so the insurance companies can charge more. Most of these marinas are owned by big insurance companies anyhow. Like the insurance companies are the biggest owners and richest companies in the world. Now we know how they get their money.

I am going to get going and get some work done.

Later!

Treasure diving is awesome! I.R.Baboon is just sitting here waiting to get back out on the water. I have another Kayak that is a bit larger and is a sit on type. I think I'll add that to Baboon's dink fleet. :lol: Babs can get into less than 2 feet of water but sometimes I like heading deeper into the mangroves where even Baboon can't float. Big Snook like to hide in the shallows under the mangroves. I believe in fillet and release. :lol: :woohoo:

Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, Trembull

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #20714

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Never could sit around doing nothing. I always have to be doing something even if it's wrong.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #20715

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Insurance companys started in the 1920's by the mafia. It was called protection money. If you pay them, they will protect you from burning down your business.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 5 days ago #20716

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
They still do only now they are a bit more discreet. Now they call it Insurance instead of protection money. My insurance is running over $400 a month just for the car, truck and two boats. Life insurance was canceled due to other issues and now that I have been diagnosed and treated for Terminal Cancer life insurance is out of the question. The price is so high that it is more than I make. I will just have to pay for cremation in advance and have some friends take my ashes out to sea for a true sailors burial. I was meant to be at sea. It is where I have spent the most years and where I like being better than anywhere. Anyplace like the Keys or even the Chesapeake Bay. :lol: B) The only thing about the Chesapeake is that it freezes over and I never did like the cold up there. If it stayed warm I would have never left the Bay. The fishing is awesome and the boating is second to none. Including the Keys. There are over 2,000 miles of protected shoreline and hundreds of gunkholes to anchor in that are quiet, secluded and beautiful. To bad it gets cold up there. I miss crabbing, oystering and fishing like I had up there.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate