Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(94 Viewing)  (94) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20787

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
Finally.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20788

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
B) I went through the infusion today and haven't passed out, no high temperature and no added pains. It seems to have gone pretty well this time. They may have cut back or the first treatment really had a job with fighting the cancer. Whatever it was didn't happen yesterday and that is a good thing. I feel pretty good in spite of not being able to sleep. I have run into non sleep nights before. Even at home I would get to much sleep one night and couldn't go to sleep for another day or more. I never did get used to 8 hours of sleep. Running my businesses I would only sleep 4 to 5 hours on a good night. Ever since I was a kid I always had trouble sleeping more than 4 or 5 hours. I went to sleep last night at 9 or 9:30 and woke up at 1:45. I walked down to the patients lounge and got a cup of ice and some tea bags, creamer and sugar to keep in the desk drawer next to me here in the room. When I want coffee or tea they can just bring it black and I'll fix it my way right here. They have someone in the kitchen that thinks a 12 ounce coffee needs six sugars and four creamers.

Okay, here it is at 2:50 AM and I have been walking the halls like I am supposed to do for the past hour or so. They really want you to keep getting a lot of exercise in here. no exercise seems to cause more pain with the medicines in the treatments but I am already in fairly good shape. So, I still do my 11 laps around and back at the corridors. They say that 11 laps is a mile. I started marking them on my I.D. slate on the door outside. I have had several patients ask if I walked before coming in here. I tell them that only to and from the kitchen. They gave us a strength and coordination check every few days and even with this cancer I am stronger that a lot of the people working here.

I hope this is really working on the cancer the way everyone is so sure it is going to do. I am very anxious to get back out searching again to where I don't have to stay tied to the Cancer Center for three or four treatments a week. One a month would be better but one every 4 to 6 months would be great. Speaking with the doctors they assure me that they have patients on the same treatment I am going through that have been Cancer free for over 5 years. That is amazing even though 5 years would go by in a snap of the fingers I will except it.

Pete, I started working on those drawings today and I find a lot of stuff I just haven't been able to figure out yet. It may take me a week or two before I can get the design right. It would be easier if I could run over to the shop and get the dredge out and photograph it and measure everything. There are two items that I had to design that are only on one dredge in the world that I know of. I am sure there are others but I never looked at them when I built mine. Anyhow, I will do the best I can and get the drawings to you as soon as they are finished where they don't look like a monkey with DT's drew them.

OKAY, I FOUND THEM BUT I HAVE TO GET THEM OUT OFAN OLD FILE THAT IS NOT COOPERATING WITH ALL OF THEM. I FOUND 7, I THINK.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20789

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
fil box,Look at what I found
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20790

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Y'All, I have a correction to make. I thought Tuesday was a second Cell Infusion but they told me that the procedure was different. It seems that the infusion was a one time deal. The next two weeks are to keep me alive due to very high body temperatures and high blood pressure. Last night was another bad night where I was awake all night. The nurses were running all over trying to get me this medicine, that med and so on. I asked if this was going to happen after every infusion and they explained that I only get one infusion but I will have reactions to it for up to two or three months. The Cells are attacking the cancer and that is causing this adverse reaction where I am getting very high blood pressures, very low blood pressures and very high fevers. My temperature shot up again last night to 102,6. This morning my blood pressure dropped to 86/60 then shot up a few hours later. For now they have me secured to the bed with an alarm in case I fall or decide to get up. Some of the things I do don't make sense. Even this typing is going very slow because I am having trouble concentrating on the writing and keyboard. The first two weeks of this recovery are the most dangerous and that's why they are keeping me in the hospital. After two weeks I need to be kept close to the hospital so they will put me into a hotel room with my caretaker who will keep a close check on my blood pressure and body temperature.

I am having a lot of trouble thinking and my coordination is shot. It took over an hour too type that paragraph. I find I am having to search for the letters on the computer keys. I guess I am still groggy from last nights go round with the blood pressure. I think my mind is still groggy. They have me on 4 bags of meds hooked to this machine, I wanted to get breakfast and jump in the shower but they tell me not until all of the meds are gone. I sure hope my mind recovers from this slowdown it is going through. I actually have to stop and think about how to do things I have done without so much as a side glance over the past many years.

My breakfast just got here. I'll check back later.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20792

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Well, it's Friday at 2:10 AM and, so far, no adverse reactions to the treatment. Maybe this is starting to settle down and I can get some sleep without being woke up by a gang of people in my room telling me how sick I am. :woohoo: You never know

Friday.... my 6th day locked in one room without being even able to see the water. Now that's a lockdown. I haven't even turned on the TV. I have my artwork, my computer and my guitar, I am doing some research on the computer on a couple of the wrecks I want to dive when I get back on my feet.

The nurse just came in and did my vitals checkup. Everything is fine tonight, The last four nights I was out of control by this time. The war in my body must be starting to draw to a slowdown or something. Maybe one side is running out of fight. Ya think? We'll see.

I would love to see the new cells beat the cancer and give me more time and energy to go after the treasure I really feel is there, I went up once some years ago but found I was some miles to the north of where the wrecks really are. I have spotted them, or what I believe could be them from a satellite view. It all really looks interesting to me. John and Pete. When I get out of lockup I want to meet with you two about diving this wreck after I show you the photos and info. If you think I am crazy then so be it but I will still go after it. Everyone was giving up on Mel too but he never gave up. Maybe I'll live long enough to see my treasure too. Summer is fast approaching and I want to finally get to this wreck that I started after almost 9 years ago. I have had all kinds of luck turn against me and had my health fall through the floor but I now feel I am coming back and will soon be able to dive and travel again. Even if I can't dive again, you two guys still can. If the wreck can be seen from above it has to be shallow. Okay, it's 2:53 so I am going to get a few hours sleep before they start their morning rounds and I have to gab with a heard of doctors and nurses for two or three hours before breakfast. I hate sleeping until 7 or 8. I feel like half my day has been wasted.

I found a twin diesel with lots of living room, shallow running that could be converted to suit my hunt for a price I can do. It has twin 4108 Perkins and is about 48 feet long. I can get rid of the Hatteras for whatever I can get out of it and get this. I.R. Baboon could be a supply or backup when we need lifting. I have a small crane to install on Baboon and she is very reliable running. Just to small to work out of.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20793

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 238
That boat doesn't look like "shallow running" with that big fin on the bottom. Anyways I will be glad to come with and check out your wreck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20795

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy This fine Morning, Pete, I spoke with John yesterday evening and he is also game to go check out the wrecks when I get back on my feet. John and I both considered the area and conditions at the time the wrecks would have been placed there and when we get together we can discuss some things we can't put up here just yet. As much as I want to share this search with everyone it could prove to be quite troublesome in the long run. We will talk about all that at our first meeting. I will be in a hotel in Tampa for the next 4 to 8weeks after I get out of here. It is not far from where you live. It's a bit of a jump for John from Sebastian but I am less than about 1/3 hour from you. I will be near the FSU Campus on Fletcher Ave. Right off the Interstate. The Marriott Hotel I believe. I wont be sure until I get out of here. I will be within 30 mins or less of the Cancer center. M Daughter will be my caretaker. They wouldn't accept my wife due to her early dementia but she may be here from time to time for a day or so but can't stay due to having to look after our bird. They don't allow pets here so the bird has to stay home and will tear the house up if no one is there. I knew we should have gotten a mule. :lol:

Birds get spooked so easily with loud noises.

I know there are people that have been following this ever since I started nearly 9 years ago and I want to show as much as I can without causing us any legal problems. We will discuss all this when we get to meet. Then we have to decide what I can post.

Well, I got my breakfast order in and then had to stop here and call back again because I forgot my drinks. Coffee, milk and a high protein shake to start off with. I am and have always been a heavy eater. I won't let this cancer slow me down. The nurse just brought my morning meds. I wish they would let me get my spine repaired from the last botched surgery. I could get off these stupid pain killers completely if I could get that

Breakfast is here so I am getting off and will be back in 30. Time, 8:00

I'm back.....

here is what is doing....I got up feeling really great. I ordered a big breakfast and ate every bit of it and got more drinks. A high protein shake, Coffee and Milk. I added a small box of Boost hi protein drink into the milk AND in the already hi-Protein milkshake and am nearly done with those. I have nurses, doctors and other people scurrying around trying to claim credit for my amazing recovery at such a fast pace. I say, just because I am fine and doing so well today, I may not be so fine tomorrow. I had three days of pure hell with the blood pressure and high temperatures. They tell me that once the hi temps and high BP's stop the procedure is in it's slowdown mode and usually just peaks once or twice more. Yeah, right. I have not talked to my doctor yet so I won't pay a lot of attention to what I hear for now. When my doctor says I amgetting better I will believe it. I am just going to enjoy feeling good again while it lasts.

PETE, JOHN, and my friend DON JOSE, I want to get some information and photos of my intended targets and such. I want to get the legend and tales gone through to see what we can decide is hype and what could be real. I can't put to much information on location and what I believe to be real or immagined but I want to keep as much interest here as I can. If , no.... when we find the wreckage I intend to be on the dive team in the water.

THANK YOU, GOD FOR THIS THAT I AM ABOUT TO TELL YOU ALL. I JUST GOT NEWS FROM MY DOCTOR. YOU AREN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS. I AM STILL SHAKING....

.///// NEWS FLASH!!!!!

My doctor just came in and told me that, indeed the worst is over. I could have a relapse but it is not likely. The past results indicate that my treatment is working as it is supposed to and the cancer should be breaking down. He cites the high, fast energy spike and the overall high levels of proper chemicals in my bloodwork as an indication that this is exceeding their expectations. This finally has me hyped up. He says the rules for the program state that I still have to remain in hospital protection until the alotted two weeks but my outside recovery stay may shorten greatly if there are no other problems. I asked if it was this easy to get after this totally deadly cancer, why didn't we do it three years ago. He laughed and said, "It's entirely new and did not exist three years ago". It seems I am one of the earliest Multiple Meyloma patiemts to be in this program. I had to voulenteer to get into it. My thoughts were that even if it did not save me that it might help out somebody down the road. The next patient or the information that gained from me would save someone later. I can't believe the speed and power this treatment had over this cancer. Now, I am not out of the woods yet. Don't get that wrong. We have no idea if it will cure me, extend my life a little or a lot or actually cure me. Whatever it does in the final evaluation it will help the next person and that was worth the risk I took. I got a 64 page warning of possible serious side effects that could do everything from cause hair loss to cause heart failure. Every organ, every muscle, my brain and all pieces/parts were and are at risk but the way I feel today is better than what I have felt in many years. I find this amazing. I feel very lucky to have been put in this program. I was told that it was my last chance. I am glad I felt the need to try even though my chances were unknown in the end results.

Mischievious Mermaid should have been put into this program. We spoke together at the last cookout and discovered we had the same cancer and mine was way advanced over hers. I was so shocked when she passed because she was still in earlier stages than I was. Had she followed the normal path this cancer followed she would have been here today. I don't understand how she passed so fast, so early. We spoke at length about our symptoms at the cookout. There must have been another issue that was not seen. This is a slow moving cancer. Mine was caught early and was still winning. This is not yet to say it might not come back. It very well could. I will have to be monitored for as long as I live but I hope that is a very long time. My energy levels are increasing by the hour and I am feeling stronger, more coordinated and hurt less as the day goes on. I pray that this is not a fluke that will leave me in a day or two.

I can't say how this will work for others but it seems to have been a life changing experience for me. I was in the CAR-T program. They had two of these blind programs. One is the Stem cell infusion and the other is the CAR-T Cell infusion program.I had to voulenteer as a test subject to qualify and agree to follow up with years of testing and evaluation to see what the benefits or drawbacks will be on future patients to qualify. I believe that even if I didn't make it I might help someone like Mermaid in the future. I am just glad it worked out so well. They just told me that less than 300 people worldwide have allowed this treatment and it will take years to compile the good and bad of it. I hope it keeps working and becomes a real God's honest cure for this killer Cancer. No wonder so few people have heard of it. Thank you all for all the prayers and well wishes but I am not out of the woods yet. My doctor saidIwill remain here for the restof my intended stay but that all of my test resultsare coming back with amazing results and he feels I will recover quickly. I alreadyfeel amazingly strong and allert. Ihope it lasts. The doctors say I should keep improving daily.

I have to post this and report to the family. This is something like I never expected. I'll be back!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, scubasmitty, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20796

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 238
I have had my share of pets during my lifetime and I will not have any more. My dogs live for only 15 years and when they die it's like loosing a family member. Now I got two feral cats that have taken up residence at my place. The big female is very aloof and won't come near me even after feeding her for the last 3 months. The smaller male is very tame. He must have been someones pet. He is very friendly and now sleeps with me in my bed every night. I don't have to worry about leaving them for several days because they can take care of the them selves. Here is a pic of them I took this morning.

Russ what Marriot Hotel are you staying at? John and I will come visit you next week.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Salvor6.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20797

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 110
Salvor6 wrote:

Russ what Marriot Hotel are you staying at? John and I will come visit you next week.

Pete, Russ is still in the hospital.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20798

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I won't know until I get my voucher and go there. I will be there for a good while. There will be no hurry.

I posted that the doctors think I have beaten the cancer. My tests are coming back really good and clean and they are very happy with my results. I am happier than they are. If this holds true I am going to be able to get my back repaired and get back to diving and doing the things I love to do. At the least I will be able to get out searching again for at least a while. I am praying for a full recovery and as many more years as I can squeeze out of this old body. I have been thanking our Lord all day and can't say enough Thanks. I will let you know when I know where I am going to be. I think I was on the one on Fletcher near here last week but they will put me wherever they have an opening. The one I was in was something like $140 a night. I also have to rent a car for the wife. I tried to buy one but we haven't heard from the guy and time is running out. I can't wait until I run out of money to get the wife a car to drive while we are up here. Our daughter is my caretaker and she has to have the car up here and the wife needs something to drive to and from her doctor visits. Speaking of which, I need to either get a car from this guy or cancel him today.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20799

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 56
WOWSERS, PRAISE GOD ! I thank god that you are doing good, right on man...

the power of prayer WORKS as GOD said it will...it's about time for some HAPPY news. !

as per the last communications are concerned, I hope YOUR dive site hasent been explored by a certain astronaut sky spy outfit.
IF you's guy's need another diver to help load up and recover all that sparkely stuff, let ME know,
I'll bring my new 120's and kill two birds,
Im closer then I was in arizona, doing way better as well, cheap flights from TEXAS to florida, JUST SAY THE WORD !

as far as PETS are concerned,,,,,,, :evil: CATS RULE,,,,DOG'S DROOL !!

my two fat and lazy eunichs, and miss kitty,,,miss kitty looks a lot like the male feral cat that SALVOR6 is acquainted with, miss kitty weighs about 5lbs MAX, the eunichs about 15-20 each.

she's my sweetheart, she sleeps literally on my head, and she SNORES !

IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by scubasmitty.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20800

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
SORRY, I tried to add pix and ended up with more POST's,,,I didn't mean too !

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20801

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
sorry

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20802

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
sorry

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20804

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) No problem my friend. No one can do wrong on here. I have done the same thing many times in the past until I learned to go back and edit something else into the frame. That's why I sometimes have three or more in a row that seem to run on and repeat a little. Do not let it bother you one little bit. I am just very happy to see you posting and hanging out. I used to run out of patience and hit the post button before the site could respond and it would come back later and post three or more of the same photo or story. Don.t let it bother you, my Friend. :woohoo:

I am now living proof that God is watching over all of us. I have done nothing special in my life to earn the attention of the Supreme Being that controls life and death. There is no reason for me to still be here and actually healing when others that are more deserving have passed on. We are all in God's hands and we have to do the best we feel it is our duty to do. I have survived a very serious accident that would have killed any one else and did kill another man. I have been in combat where my best friend at the time was standing right next to me and he was killed and I was not. I have fallen into a well shaft and had it cave in on me and survived. I have seen and done things that were everything from dangerous to just plain scary and walked away but this is something I will never understand. I am not sure the doctors have all the facts of my condition in a summary yet and don't see how they can figure I am going to be alright. I think I will hold judgement until I see my final test results come from the labs next week. I can't understand how I could be dying one day and feeling like a new person two days later and have someone say I am getting better. I have been undergoing chemo for about 3 to 4 years and have endured such pain that you would not believe and in three or four days I become a cancer survivor. I am still skeptical and confused but very grateful and Thankful to God and our Savior Jesus. I keep hearing people saying that God has a plan for me. I can not understand what that could be. I am not anything special or someone that has been devout and a religious person all my life. I am a normal man with all of the flaws and screwups every one of us has. How can I believe there is a divine or even special job God would have for me to do. Maybe just being proof that he is watching over us all on a daily basis is something? He is up there watching us and has a plan for his children. I don't know. I do know he has never spoken to or given me any sort of contact that could be attributed to his intervention but if I did hear him tell me something, I would not hesitate to do it. This really scares the bejabbers out of me. I feel very Thankful and Blessed that I have been allowed to continue on with life for the time being. Maybe there is something down the road for me to do. Who knows?

Well, my Friends, I will get to my supper and get to this in a little while. I want to play a little while on my guitar and relax. A shower here is an ordeal. Dinner is a chore and now I want to relax and think this all over.

That's wild, I went to take a photo and the shirt I have on says, "Even Jesus had a Fish story" on it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20805

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Here it is 5AM Sunday April 19 and I have had another great night. No blood pressure or body temperature issues. I took a shower at about 8 last evening, ate dinner and messed around with my guitar for a while before heading to bed. My nights used to be full of pain and severe problems trying to get some sleep because of the spinal cancer. Now, there seems to be no such problem. :woohoo: Now, I am ready to get back to work and get the boat ready to head out to explore, fish, dive or just cruise. I feel ready to get out of here. I need to get back to life and treasure hunting. :lol:

Looking around my room here at the hospital I see that I have brought a lot of stuff to use to keep busy. :laugh: My Guitar, my art equipment, sketch pads - pencils - pastels - paints - My computers and phone and boxes of junk food. Dang did I bring junk food. Chips, pretzels, Fritos, a ton of candy bars and a box of Captains crackers with 3 cans of that squirt cheese. And these people keep asking if I am eating enough. DUH? :lol: I just finished another Chocolate pudding and coffee and it isn't even 5:30. I already had another entire meal that I got sent up last night. The kitchen closes at 9PM so I ordered a tray of food and drinks that will keep overnight before letting them close. I haven't even turned the TV on since I got here. At home it runs all night.

Okay, nothing new to report other than another great night of no symptoms of the cancer as of this morning. No news is good news in this case. Catch you all later.

This morning I feel just great. I really want to get out of here and start back to work. I still hate sitting and doing nothing.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20806

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
Outstanding news my friend, I am really happy to hear the new treatment is working well for you.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20807

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I Thank You Tommy. I just wish this had been approved already. Mischievous Mermaid had an earlier version of the same Cancer I have and I am sure it would have done her a world of good. I am in disbelief still at the speed and total destruction of the Cancer it has apparently had as fast as it did. I have been told for three years that mine was terminal and nothing could stop it. I think the doctors are also scratching their heads. The treatment may still be a year or more away from being approved the way the AMA moves.

I had another great day and sat and played my guitar, sketched in my pads and sat and did a little computer searching of the areas I want to dive. I intend to get back to diving as soon as I finish up a couple projects I have at the house and shop. I am amazed at the way my strength is coming back. I keep telling the doctor to get me out of here before someone else finds my treasure. He says that we have to follow procedures under the rules of the volunteer program. As one of the first 300 people worldwide to get this I have to follow the rules to the letter. Even though I feel like walking out to the boat and heading out to my dive sites I have to sit here and eat my cookies and milk for now. :lol:

It is 11PM and I want to get in the water closet and then try for a few hours sleep. I am so hyped up that all I can think of is getting back out on the water. I have had a bunch of friends calling about wanting me to get them an appointment with my doctor but he is not taking patients and he is not doing office appointments. He is some kind of cancer research doctor that remains behind the scene and does whatever research he does. People think I am not wanting to give them information but the truth is that I am not allowed to. I hope those of you that have asked will understand my place in this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20808

• thetigers2
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 52
Great news..keep the faith.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 2 weeks ago #20809

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today was another great day. Nothing spectacular happened but then again, I am still improving by the day. :) I came here all set for one hell of a battle to stay alive. It looks like that has all been taken care of. I'm not complaining, mind you but it looks like I came to fight a war and nobody showed up. :lol: You can't even pick a good fight when you are by yourself. :laugh:
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate