Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(306 Viewing)  (306) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #20811

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 65
JONAH & THE WHALE,, NOW THATS A FISH STORY !

the captains pose at 80ft, and MY happy place,-- keep on fighting that battle, and check your six often !

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #20814

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
THIS MAY LIFT YOUR SPIRITS

something positive to thing on !

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #20815

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 481
B) Ahoy Dave, I appreciate the uplifting efforts but I am here to fight this and to win. I have never entertained any other thought. Never. I have never considered that any other outcome was possible. I am waiting to be sent to the recovery unit on Monday. As soon as they release me to go home I am going to start on getting ready to continue this Treasure Hunt. :woohoo:

I have been ready to leave here since last Thursday or there about. I have a lot planned and am getting tired of just waiting. I need to get out and do something.

I don't have much of anything to add today because things are going so good and everything is going way beyond anything we could have planned.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 3 weeks ago #20817

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
THATS WHAT I LIKE TO READ, ALWAYS POSITIVE,ALWAYS LOOKING FORWARD !!

I can't wait to at least see the sparkly stuff you bring up from the wreck dive's
like I said, IF you need any help with that, have dive gear will travel ! lol ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20819

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I have just talked with my doctor. He told me I was being discharged on Monday. Okay, I already knew that. Then he said I was going to have to stop at the Bay Pines VA and pick up some scripts. I knew that also. Then he asked if I was going to leave the Central line in or have it removed. I thought that was odd. He said that some patients leave it in for the first week or so because after discharge they have to come in for testing and blood work while staying near the hospital in case of some kind of reaction. Okay, I like the idea of not having to get stuck 3 or 4 times every time I get tested. I said I thought we would leave it in for the first week until I see what the tests required because my daughter would be driving me from the hotel to the Cancer Center. The doctor said, "no, you are going HOME not to the hotel". At that point my mind went blank. HUH? Yeah, I am being released to go home. I have done so well with my recovery that he feels I can return home and come in once in a while for tests until they feel I am recovered enough to start spreading out the checkups and tests. I am at a loss for what has just happened. I thought and had been told many times that I would be in the nearby Hotel in case I had a bad reaction or whatever else could go wrong.

I don't know what to say or do at this point. I came here expecting the fight of my life just to survive and stay alive. Now the doctor walks in and says I am going home. First thought I had was to Thank God for this miracle. And I do consider this to be something I would have never thought possible. I have been constantly told that this was terminal and I had maybe 3 to 5 years before it would win. I am still shaking and trying to understand what happened. We went over my charts and reports for the past week since the infusion of the new cells. Every day I improved. I have had absolutely no adverse reactions and no flareups of any kind. The doctor said this was something totally unheard of and he feels I am able to go home to rest as well as sit here.

Alright Y'All, if this works out like they tell me I am going to be ready to head out after that treasure as soon as this Coronavirus is over. We can also reset the cookout as soon as we can figure out when it will be allowed. I guess we will have to wait and see how that plays out. I really missed being able to have our cookout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvor6

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20820

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 248
Russ I am so happy for you. I never had a doubt that you would win this battle as tough as you are. Now lets go out and get that gold!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20821

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Pete, Absolutely! Intend to get back to as much as I can do as fast as I can. This sitting in a hospital room is not something I want to keep doing. I do have a couple of weeks of testing, evaluations and treatments for what has already been done. I think I am going to be running back and forth up here to Moffitt for a couple of weeks yet. They are going to watch and make sure the Cell infusion is doing what it is supposed to do. Right now it looks like it performed a miracle to me. I am gaining energy and strength by the day. My apatite is back and now I just need to put on about 50 or 60 pounds. Even 80 wouldn't be to much. It would put me back to where I was 4 years ago. When this hit me I was right at 235 or 240. I think I could stand to be around 220 or there about. I also lost about 3" off my height from the 4 spinal surgeries. I was getting worried that every time they did a surgery they were taking parts out and not putting anything back. Now my grandson is taller than me. My license has 6'3" but I know I am just at or a hair under 6'.

Once this virus crap is over with I want to get together with you and John. I have absolutely no, none, zero, zilch, not one bit of immune system left. The entire last chemo treatments were designed to destroy my immune system to give this new procedure time to effectively destroy the cancer. I will have to be very careful not to catch even a common cold or even a minor infection. It might be best if we wait until my doctors say I can meet with people again. It would be hell if we beat this cancer only to die from a hangnail infection. Or snakebite. :lol: :lol: :lol: I would have to be wearing these masks even if this virus wasn't going around. I was thinking that you could have come over here but the doctors said if I went to the hotel I could not have visitors due to the immune problem. I'll have to figure that will go for at the house too. I'll have to ask. They already said for me to NOT pick up any pets. And I have a psyco bird that thinks she owns my shoulder. That's going to be a problem.

Okay, Pete, any suggestions? How about you, John? I would love to set out on the Hatteras and just stay there but I don't think I can get away with that. A nice open back deck to work on, sit out and fish off of and a lot of other stuff. But, I have to go back and forth to Moffitt a few times and now the Bradenton VA chimes in that I have to check in with them or they will cut off my VA support. For almost 4 years I couldn't get them to give me an appointment and now they want credit for a cure for cancer. They have no idea of what I have been through but now they want me to bring them up to speed on the Cancer and other stuff I have had going on all this time.

Hey, Guys, I got a new fishing rod I want to try out.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20822

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 248
Ahoy Russ, I think we need to wait until the weather becomes more stable. It's too fickle now. Even when it doesn't rain the wind will not cooperate. You mentioned the Hatteras. Is it running? You also need to get your immune system back to normal. I don't want to have to wear my mask.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20823

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Yeah, that would scare anyone. I realize it will have to wait until I can get my immune system built up a bit. The doctors have said that I shouldn't even let the kids and grandkids around me for a while. Just because it looks like the cancer is pushed back, I don't dare say beaten, I am told that my immune system does not exist. But, I am not in such a hurry that it can't wait a little while. We will talk when I get home and get settled in. I have so much going on here I am lucky I don't turn around and run into me. :woohoo:

:lol: I have been looking at more photos of the area I have been wanting to search when I get back on my feet. The more I look, the more I see to investigate. I was looking at one section and spotted something that also looks like it should be investigated. The shape is to familiar and looks suspiciously like the outline of a ship. We will see.

Dinner is here so I am getting off this thing. Later Y'All, One more day and then I head home. :woohoo: :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20824

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today is the day they are supposed to let me go home. We will see shortly. I have to get my lab results back and talk to the doctors. Then they will decide if I go home, to the Hotel or stay here longer. Labs have been very close on a couple of numbers the past few days because of the Coronavirus. They think my white blood count should be higher due to the possibility of the virus. That is up to them. I just do what I am told. The most important thing is to beat this cancer and then not get killed by some stupid person that can't stay safe and brings the virus to me. :lol: Anyhow, I have to wait to see what they say.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20825

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Okay, NOT GOING HOME TODAY!! My blood work came back and my numbers are to low. They need to get my immune system up and working better. I seem to be a little low and they don't want to send me out with my immune down. Maybe they think I'll catch a hangnail and choke. Who knows? But, I am not upset or disappointed. I am here to do one thing, BEAT THIS CANCER! I don't care what I have to do in order to beat it but I will do what ever it takes. It is only one test that came back low but they are not taking ANY chances. I agree! If they want me to go to the hotel for a few days or a week or two it does not matter. I was amazed that I was even being considered for a release to go straight home. They said that no one has ever done that so I am not surprised that they have blocked me from it.

I am having my lunch, Grilled cheese, sweet potato, Apple pie with Ice cream, coffee, a Boost energy drink and a gator aid. These energy drinks are expensive. I buy a 6 pack every week. They have 360 calories and 14 grams of proteins in a little 8oz box. I have to cut them half and half with whole milk. They are super rich.

Okay, back to my apple pie and ice cream..... Later Y'All!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20826

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
YEOH ,, SALVOR SIX, SO MANY COMMENTS,,,SO little time..umm....never mind. :evil:

RUSS better to be safe then sorry brother. Im sure the doc's are being EXTRA carefull with this new treatment and want to be sure of YOUR success, you and the other volunteers are leading the way to an effective treatment of the most insideous plague of the 20th century,,,you got this !!!

if it wasnt for this CHI COMM desease,everyone would be set free.

I myself have been doing a LOT of life changing, immune boosting, DAMN IM GETTING OLD, things.
I have been finding out that a holistic lifesyle,now has payed off, I have been eating and making fermented foods, drinking kombucha, and kefir
is a true manna from heaven, everyday!
I take a spoonfull of garlic and honey ferment everyday and my immune system is iron clad.
I was a HUGE skeptic about all this stuff till I tried it ,, and Ill be dipped in DU DU, if it didn't work and started to see some results,
I no longer drink, RUM & PEPSI--- (well on occassion)--BUT I am buying a still and brewing my own neutral spirits,
for hand sanitizer, (yeah right) - AND am currently looking for a 7/10 acre parcel of land to raise some veg and quail to sell at the farmers market for some much needed coin.
IF nothing else it will keep me busy & fed. my little bro, an army buddy and myself are collaborating on this project and are pooling our resources to accomplish this self sustaining homestead, we ALL know whats instore for the future...
I joke to them that it will be a MALE version of the golden girls,,, but with way less drama,,, I HOPE !

IF you want to know how to make anything that I stated works for me, let me know, Ill tell you how to do it OR you can look it up on youtube.

enjoy the relaxation now,,,,,,,,for tomorrow you WORK !
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20827

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :angry: Everything just vanished again. I stopped typing to speak with a doctor and when I returned to the computer it was blank. As I type now it is not keeping up with me. Must be the computer.

Okay, an entire crew just came in and said I have been approved to go home...home. Not to the Hotel. I just wrote out a drawn out post explaining how I am going to be at the hotel for a few days or a week and they came in and said I am going home instead. Okay, I have to get packed up and see when the daughter will get here. The wife is calling to see if she can move her appointment back so they can come up and get me. My blood cell count went way up over night and I was approved to leave.

Okay, I have to see about getting the rest of my junk packed up to go. Also, I am a little tired from not sleeping to well the past two nights. These people keep running in and out all night, drawing blood, Checking temperatures, checking blood pressure and such. Now it is time to go home and rest. I have several appointments to run up and down the road to get tests done and such. I also have to get the daughter shown how to help with the Central Line to keep it clean and flushed out. Nothing difficult or goofy.

I am going to make a few calls and let family know what is going on. Later Y'All!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubasmitty, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 2 weeks ago #20828

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
Russ,how does it feel to be a poster child ? I enjoyed it. Now go seek your fame and fortune

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20829

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :laugh: So much has happened so fast that I am amazed. Yesterday I went back to the cancer center for another Blood test. My White blood count was good but they decided to give me another booster shot. Today I went in and they ran the tests again. They came back with everything going great. They said that my white blood cell count was up over 1,500 and I didn't need any more shots because my immune system was improving very well. I was sent home and given an appointment to come in on Monday to have the Central Line removed. I suppose they will run another test before removing the line. Otherwise they could have taken it out today. I came home and had dinner and then went for my walk around the block twice. That's about a 1/4 mile. I have been walking every day even at the hospital. I keep checking coordination, balance, dexterity and try to keep check on my thinking. Everything seems to be working and I am doing pretty good.

It is after midnight and I am worn out tonight so I will catch this up tomorrow after I get things going. It is just that I have been doing a lot more than I should and have just tired myself out a little. I will give you more up to date details tomorrow. For now I just need to rest a bit.

Take Care, I'll be Back! :laugh: :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver, thetigers2, scubasmitty, Trembull

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20830

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 181
Outstanding my friend, keep fighting the good fight.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20833

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I walked 6 times around the block where I live. That is about a 1 1/2 mile walk. I went to bed and about 2AM I woke with leg cramps. I take that to mean I have possibly overdone the walking a bit. I didn't walk so much today and have had no problems tonight.

I tend to sit and draw or pick on my guitars if nothing else is going on. I like playing my guitar and drawing to help check my dexterity If I can pick some tunes out and sketch some pictures I am doing pretty well. I have other tests for keeping check on my mind and dexterity but drawing and playing guitar tend to let me know if my hand/ eye coordination is on or not. I'll show you a sketch or two I worked on today if I can find them. I have to pull them out of the phone so it may take a few attempts.

This one I did some time ago and the wife liked it and wanted me to frame it and hang it for her. It is on the wall over our TV.

This one I sketched today while sitting here and watching TV. Just a line drawing or what you might call a rough sketch. I usually start out some of my paintings like this. I may do several to many drawings before ever committing a drawing to canvas. anyhow, That's one of the ways I keep my hand and eye coordination in check. They were both sketched from memory just to be doing something. I have many sketch pads laying around that are full of old drawings.

Okay, I have been goofing off and now it is nearly 3 in the morning. Just messing with the computer to find these drawings can take an hour or more. The drawings were in my phone and I had to figure out how to move them to the computer and then find them. No small task with this dinosaur. Besides, I am also watching TV and Working on other ideas as I sit here. I have to keep my mind busy.

I'll get off this thing and get a little rest before it gets daylight outside. Before I know it I will be looking at 7AM. Later, Y'All!
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20834

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
Yesterday was a completed wasted day. I woke up, but was never completely awake. I started my computer, then just stared at it for several hours. It was not a medical condition, but careless on my part. I was not careful enough with my sleepy pills, and assume that I almost took an overdodose, I took three Trasadone pills thinking that theyb were Melonine. A dangerous type of mistake. Please excuse my not posting on peeing on a Jaguer.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 6 days ago #20835

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy My Hero Buddy, Please be careful with the meds. I have made similar mistakes that were very foolish by just being careless and not reading the label. That can be a one time mistake. I am happy that you came out on the good end this time. Now I use one of those boxes that I set up all my meds in and take the morning and again at night. If the box is empty I already took them. I try to set up next weeks meds before the last dose of pills so I don't double take anything. Please be careful, my Friend.

I have been feeling very good since this treatment was done. I am having some trouble jump starting my immune system again. My white blood cell count and Platelet count are both much to low. The white count has been boosted by some kind of shot in the stomach and a little pill seems to be helping the platelet count. They will be followed and watched very carefully. Next, I have another bone marrow biopsy to do on Monday the 11th. Yeah, again! This one will let us know for sure if the treatment has done as well as I feel it has done. I am anxious to see what is really going on in my body. There are a few other minor problems that are being worked on with meds that all seem to be working. My main meter for my opinion of where I am is how I feel. And, like Tony says, I FEEL.....GRRRREAAAT!

There is not much of anything to report. I can only say how good I feel before becoming repetitious and completely boring. So, let's move on to other things. Let's see, what did I do today? Nothin'. Damn! Oh, I went to WalMart and picked up some ammo. Does that count? Yeah, I Got 2boxes of 30-30 shells for my lever action, a thousand rounds, two bricks, for my .22's and a few boxes of 12 gauge shot shells. Since I don't reload so much, actually not at all lately, I need to keep the shot locker stocked for shooting fish. Right? An old pirate has to keep his eye hand coordination when out at sea.

Something just went wrong with the system. All of a sudden the correction and back typing is not working right. I am going to post this and see if it self corrects when I return to it from the edit part of the site. Here goes.....
Last Edit: 3 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 6 days ago #20836

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Okay, that didn't work so I am trying to start over with another post. Let's see if this is going to work or did I do something to the computer layout. Nope, it's something I changed and now I am stuck without being able to go back and correct things mid-line. I have to rewrite or start each line over. I had better get off this and restart the computer thing before I mess that up too. Man, I could mess up a Chinese soup sandwich.

Later Y'All!
Last Edit: 3 months 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate