Welcome, Guest
(98 Viewing)  (98) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 weeks 6 days ago #20838

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 56
for WHEN that computer bites the dust !

this MAY help from getting the VIRUS ! comp virus that is ..

well so much for that pic !
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by scubasmitty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20839

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 238
Russ, what's going on? How are you doing? I am thinking about driving over to Sebastian next week to visit John. Want to come with?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20840

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
:woohoo: I would love to but I don't know if I can do it this weekend. Tomorrow I have to get some help to remove furniture and bring in some new stuff. The cancer center has been freaking out about my low blood counts and Platelet count. They called me in twice and wanted me there in two hours. I'll give the Cancer Center a call tomorrow to see if they think they will have to call me in.

I have bought a new couch and love seat with recliners built into them. I have to get the old stuff out of the house and call the store to deliver the new furniture. I am not doing any lifting. I haven't gone through all of this mid-evil torture to be killed by a common cold. :lol: :lol:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20841

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
OK Russ. Hang in there and let me know when you are ready.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 2 days ago #20843

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
Russ, now 4 days, what's up ?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 2 hours ago #20844

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Sorry Y'All, but this has been a rough week and I have not been feeling at the top of my game. Nothing I can blame the whole week on but one day is good and the next day I am either tired or can't concentrate on anything. It is Thursday, May 21st and I just got home from the Cancer Center. Last week, I think it was Thursday, I had to get a booster shot to try to get the immune system going. Monday the 18th, I think, was another booster shot, The numbers were also still to low. I watch the doctors reactions when they read charts and they just looked like they were not happy with the results. Today I had another appointment. I decided to go in a little early and possibly get done and go home to rest. I knew I was going to have another shot. They drew the blood and I have to go wait in the snack bar area . About 1 1/2 hours later my doc says to come back in and she would be out shortly. So, by this time I am getting hungry, tired and that nagging feeling that has kept me kind of worried but still hopeful that we can beat this. My doctor walks in and says "What do you think has happened?" Well, I didn't know. She says we're done for today. Numbers are all good again and we are going to see what your next blood test does on Monday. Again it seems that something that was looking like an up coming problem just straightened out and returned to normal. I'll say this, I was waiting to hear another shot was necessary but she said I am doing just fine and says she is pretty sure I will be doing much better real soon. I know I am looking forward to getting released from these two and three times a week injections and tests. These shots were leaving me drained to the point of walking in the door and passing out for 4 to 6 hours. Then I couldn't sleep at night like I should.

Anyhow, here I am back at home and getting ready to run down to the boats and see if they are still floating. I'm not real worried about them because I know I have done the best I can the last trip down to the Marina and I know they are alright. I just want to go down to try out my new fishing lure. It seems that we have to many Snook under our docks. Just getting out of the house is also a great incentive to go fishing. Tomorrow is Friday and I have a delivery coming that I have to be here for so I can't go tomorrow. Besides, If I set here I will just end up napping and not be able to sleep tonight. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

I am going to pull out the dredge when I get to the shop, Pete. I think I remember where most of it is and will get all the parts together. The engine hasn't been run in about two years or more but it has been kept in a safe and dry place, so the most it should need would be some gas and a good pull on the starter cord. I'll get a few photos once I get it back here and make sure it is running right. I just spent about an hour looking for the dredge pictures but can't find them. They may be in the other computer, the wife's, or in my old cell. I'll find them sooner or later.

Well, I hear fishies callin. Sorry about taking so long to get back but sometimes I come in after a treatment and don't even realize how tired I really am. I have fallen asleep at the keyboard enough times to qualify as a politician.

Later Y'All!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 14 minutes ago #20845

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Hi Russ. I have two small engines that have been sitting around for years. I cleaned the carb on one of them, put in fresh gas and it fired right up. I will try to do the same for the other one but it is after 5:00 right now and I am over due for a rum & Coke. Now I am chasing the cats around the yard with my R/C cars.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I tried posting this earlier but I kept getting an error message. Then I couldn't even log onto Treasureworks. Tommy, look into that.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 13 minutes ago by Salvor6.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 6 days ago #20846

• Senior Treasure Hunter
Russ, just makw sure that you don't go to sleep behind the wheel,Trade you a good mine in Mexico for your ship co-ordinateI( can't blame me, getcha while your groggy).

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 6 days ago #20847

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Mornin' Y'Alls!

Friday? WOW! I wanted to get to work on the boats, go fishing or dig out the dredge to start re-designing something on it but I suppose I'll have to find something else to do. I have a delivery coming later today and someone has to be here. They said between 10;00 AM and 4PM. If I had pulled a time spread like that with my work it wouldn't take long to figure out that I wouldn't have many customers. Now I have to stay at the house all day instead of going to the boat or just drop a line in at the marina.

I have been doing very well with the recovery from the implant but the immune system is still in need of more boosters to get it going right. Yesterday they said I got a good report on the bloodwork so I didn't have to get the booster shot. They are thinking of reducing my visits for bloodwork down to one a week. If I do well they said I may be released off of the "Stay Close to the Hospital" rule that I have. I am not supposed to be more than 1/2 hour away from the Center due to the possibility of some real serious reactions to the meds they have me on. That kind of limits me on where and how far I can go. BUMMER!!!!

I made some sketches on the modifications I want on the dredge. I already have it light enough to be back-packed into the mountains or pretty much anywhere. At this time it is just under 20 pounds. I would like it to be as light as I can get it. Then I have to build a prototype to possibly demonstrate. It would not be good for a diving type setup but it could be a very nice toy that people would take if the search streams and the like with a gold pan. This little dredge would make searching shallow water a lot of fun. I would like to be able to take it out once I have it done so I can play with it. I used to do gold panning on vacations 20 years ago. I designed this for just that. The hardest part was coming up with an engine that would do what I wanted and still not break your back hauling it. I used to always end up leaving stuff behind because the weight got heavier as the day wore on. Now, 20 pounds sounds like it is pretty light already. YUP! NO, it isn't. On a deep mountain trek the extra 20 pounds of the dredge is still a bit much for me. I think that with a few modifications and some different construction materials I can still shave three or four pounds.

Well, the wife just got back so I think I'll get off here and get on down to the boats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, Trembull, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 3 days ago #20848

• Senior Treasure Hunter
russ, what do you want or know about dredges or floatation tables ?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 2 days ago #20851

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I notice that I am getting a "Not Secure" warning on TreasureWorks site. I was just wondering if the issue is in my system or on site? I have never gotten this warning before so I was just wondering. I haven't changed anything since being on here the last time.

Okay, now I am getting some very good reports from the cancer testing on my blood work. Today was another one that set me back. I had the blood draw and waited for the results. The doctor said that ever since my last run in with the blood work I have been improving in the testing like they have never seen. I got another booster shot but it was for another low reading that she thought could use help. Meantime my results from the treatments are improving at a surprising rate. I asked if I was going to be able to get loose of the caretaker any time soon. She said it would be very soon if I kept improving at this rate. I had a couple of minor issues this week but nothing real serious. Some swelling of the ankles and feet and a couple of minor things that showed up. So I asked What she thought my prognosis is. I thought I was ready to deal with whatever came up. She sat for a while looking at the test numbers and said, "Well, it looks like we are at about the 90% level of our goal." I wanted to find out if I would be released from these every few day checkups to a little more time between checkups. My new schedule is now once a week for bloodwork. Treatments will depend on test results but even then should be minor I have an appointment for next Monday and then we will see how it goes from there.

I went into this volunteer program not expecting it to do much more than "possibly" giving me a little more time. My hope was that even if it didn't work for me that it could be used for future patients and eventually benefit others. I think this recovery of mine has even surprised them.

I wanted to go down to the boat today and start getting it cleaned up and take it out on a shakedown run to make sure all systems are kicking and ready. But, by the time I got home and caught up some chores and repaired some fishing rods and goofed off watching Sportsman's TV shows I ran out of time. So i guess I'll try to get an early start in the morning after I get breakfast and take my meds. I also want to run Baboon down to the open Bay to see how the fuel is . It has a few months of age on it so I'll most likely add some conditioner in it before heading down river. just another reason to take the boat out I suppose. I have two kayaks on the boat and one has never been in the water. Maybe I can go up river to the mangroves and sneak back in there with one of the kayaks and some ultralight gear. Sounds like a plan to me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 20 hours ago #20856

• Senior Treasure Hunter
Luck Russ, but take it easy!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 7 hours ago #20857

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I'm back. Okay, I am feeling better every day. Yesterday I went down to the marina and checked the boats. Baboon had been sitting for about 5 weeks or there about and fired up before it could turn over twice. She fired up and ran like I had just docked her. I am really happy about that. I may sneak out fishing one day soon. :woohoo:

Okay, so I get to the Hatteras which is about 300 or so yards from Baboon. Right off I see the waterline is not above the water like it is supposed to be. I opened the aft hatch to the lazerette and there was about 8 or 10 inches of water in the bottom. Now, that's not critical and the boat is in good condition. The forward and center hatches showed no water. It looked like the scuppers clogged up and the rain water that got below deck had not been pumped out because the bilge pump died. But! That's why I had backups. There was water but it didn't get deep enough to do any damage I hooked up a secondary pump and the water was gone in about three minuits. Now that's really a hard dats workload. :laugh: Once I rescued the Hatt I decided to fish off the deck for a while. Even the fish were taking a break I think.

I want to get to work and quit this sitting around. Before to long it is going into SUMMER down here and working outside becomes a survival issue. I never had problems with heat before but I have spent the last 6 or 7 weeks indoors with frigid A/C units trying to freeze me. It was only about upper 80's yesterday and I thought I was in an oven. I have to get acclimated to the climate again. I am ......was, used to working out in the heat all summer without having any issues. Now I see heat could be a problem. I've also lost so much weight that that big old Sun could bake my bones. Yep, I'm going to have to take it real easy for a while. Just getting out on the carport yesterday showed me that I ain't going to like the real hot days for awhile. Once I get my old body to do what I tell it I will be a little more energetic.
Last Edit: 1 week 6 hours ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 6 days 4 hours ago #20859

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) B) B) B) B) B) I seem to have to reacclimate my body to this heat down here. :woohoo: I have been quartered in Hotels, Hospitals and Home where the A/C runs 24/7.I am one of those fools that could run on all cylinders at full speed and the heat of the south Florida sun and it would never bother me. I went to the boat thinking I would do as much as I can to start getting her in shape for whatever I decide to do. I just got a shocking call to arms that said I am not able to breath and work in the heat of the day. At least, not today. I walked out into a 92 degree oven and had to knock off. It isn't even summer OR hot yet. 92 is spring weather. Now all those snowbirds sort of make sense why the run north when this heats up down here in summer. Wow, what a surprise... :laugh:

I have been wanting to get the little dredge over here to the house. It is scattered around the shop. I saw the floatation and one of the hoses in one storage and the engine and some other parts in the other shop. I need to get them all in one spot and get this show on the road. I would like to have one or two to demonstrate at the next cookout but that's a pretty tall order. I am feeling like I can do what has to be done but I can not afford to push myself just yet. I'll know when I can start working on this stuff at full throttle. The dredge has been on hold ever since this cancer hit me and it's time to get it going. With it being light weight I won't be lifting a lot of heavy stuff and it's small enough to bring inside to work on. I definitely have to work on my stamina out in the heat. Yeah, I need to get my lazy, skinny butt out and reorient my temperature. I have to drill 3 holes in the top of my truck toolbox and even with it under the carport it is really hot out there.

Little rods catch little fish....

and, it fits nicely inside my little tackle box that I keep in the truck. Just grab the tacklebox handle and run, don't walk, to the nearest water. It is usually on the back seat next to one or two of my metal detectors. :woohoo:

This is one tiny reel. The drag really works as an adjustment or you can use the black thumb button to apply pressure as needed. With the 2 lb. test line you can't get into to much trouble. Even a small fry like this one seems like a bigger fish when you have tackle this light. I wonder how it would do with a full grown Snook? Like the one hanging out around my dock. :woohoo:

Let's see? What else can I get in to?
Last Edit: 6 days 3 hours ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubasmitty

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 days 13 hours ago #20862

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 56
BOOST your immune systemdont be scared becuse it's NATURAL !
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvor6, WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 day 7 hours ago #20863

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Things are going very good as far as I can tell. I have two more appointments next week for bloodwork and another bone Biopsy the next day after the bloodwork comes back. I don't know what they are looking for but they have worked wonders to this point and I won't start second guessing them now. If the tests Monday, bloodwork, and Tuesday, another Bone Biopsy go good the doctor said I will be released with just a few monthly appointments that will keep spreading out as long as the cancer doesn't show back up. :laugh:

I got a notice from UPS yesterday that I have a package enroot that will be delivered today. ????? I don't recall ordering anything that requires me to be here. I have 4 outstanding purchases still out but I think they were originated in China and doubt that they will come any time soon. Possibly not at all. I may have to get my money back if they are no longer shipping to the USA. This virus does not survive on material surfaces so I was not to worried and would spray each item with Lysol or something to be sure there is no surviving virus. People don't realize that a lot of the stuff you order online comes out of China and is drop-shipped by sales here stateside. If I do get any of the items I will be very alert and careful.

I deliberately did not take my pain meds today to see what the real pain level is in my spine. So far I am doing well enough that I am not looking for the pill bottle. That is a good thing. I'll tough it out a while to give yesterdays dose time to wear off completely. The damage done in my last spinal surgery is the most pain I have now. With the Cancer gone I think I can handle what is left without going nuts with the morphine and oxycodone. I have always hated taking medicine and the last 4 years or so have been really a living hell. Not just these two pain meds but all of the chemicals and stuff they have been injecting into my body. I'm a walking wreck! I need to get back in the water and do some serious Treasure Hunting. Saltwater cures all ailments of the mind and body when administered through a wetsuit or just breathing underwater. :lol:

Okay, I have to get a few things going here so I will check back later.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate