Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(162 Viewing)  (162) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20898

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 481
:( I tried to get Sherene to her doctor across the street from where we live. About one mile as the crow walks and rolls a flat tire. I pulled the truck under the carport as far as I could get it so she wouldn't have to walk down the slope and risk a fall. After about a half hour of maneuvering and lifting her up onto the running board I managed to get her aboard. We got over to the office without any more screaming from her. I went in and the doctor was at the hospital on an emergency call. I wanted Sherene to stay in the truck and we would come back later. She said that she wanted to go to the Ellenton diner for breakfast. I pulled the truck up to the door and helped her into the first booth inside the door. We had breakfast and I walked down to see if the doctor was back yet. The nurse said he wouldn't be back until after 1;00. I suggested that Sherene set in the truck until he got there instead of waiting in the restaurant for two or three hours but she said she wanted to go home and rest until he got back. Okay, I loaded her back into the truck and took her home to rest while I went down to Sarasota to sign some insurance papers for her first rehab center stay of two or three days. That place was a joke.
I got back at about 12;30. Sherene was yelling in pain and refused to try to get to the doctors office. I went over and made another appointment for Thursday at 1;30. Now, today is Wednesday and she is screaming in pain every time she has to get up or even get to the bathroom. I don't think she will be able to go to the doctors office again tomorrow. Without a car I have to get her up into that monster truck of mine. The seat is nearly 4 feet above the ground. Nothing if you are in good shape but she has to have me help her climb up and that is just to painful for her now. The accident was a month ago and she is still in extreme pain and has trouble remembering anything going on then or now. She will ask the same questions sometimes 3 or 4 times before switching to another subject. I keep telling the doctors there is something seriously wrong that is new since her injury. The doctors said that her brain scan didn't show any damage and all was normal. I asked how that was possible, did her scars from her strokes just melt away? She has had a couple of serious scars from two previous strokes. CT and MRI scans should show them very clearly. They both left permanent scars that are visible on scans. Meantime, I wait for Thursday to see if she can get out of bed again. I will have to see about renting a car to get her to the doctors office and any testing they set up. The truck is not an option at this time.

I better post this before I lose it again. I'll continue after I post this part.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20899

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Continuing from my last entry #20898,

Sherene is still not listening to the doctor or me. Especially me! I said for her to stay in bed until her appointment but she is up cleaning the birds nest out and sweeping around her cages and the aviary yelling about how much she hurts all the time she is walking around. She doesn't get it that she is hurt and has several serious bone and other injuries. . Now she limped by to go to the kitchen to do something there. When I said to go lay down and I will fix whatever she wants, she starts screaming and arguing with me. I want to get her evaluated and see if this is likely to be permanent brain damage or should she eventually improve back to normal.

Okay, I want to get a big boat again and get rid of everything that has me tied down to this place. I have gotten a good report from Moffitt Cancer Center and should be released from weekly testing this week or next. Once Sherene is capable of getting up and taking care of herself I want to get on the boat and do some serious diving and treasure hunting. I have a great many spots to dive on the West Coast of Florida that have been sitting and waiting for several years. Meantime, I have to get the Coast Guard Auxiliary to do a courtesy inspection on the Hatteras to show there is no oil in the bilge or engine rooms. Then I will either fix the boat or sell it real cheap. Like about $5,000 or less. "CASH TALKS!!!" I am looking for a trailer to transport it on now. If someone buys it I could get out from under it altogether. I hate to have to let it go but what else can I do? I may just run it for sale to see if anyone is interested. If I put a walkthrough gate in the transom It would be one hell of a dive boat, My problem is that in this heat and with my weakened condition I just don't feel up to working on it or putting the money into the engines it might take to get it out on open water. If someone buys it and wants it hauled out and loaded on a trailer I have Baboon to tow it down river to a marina to lift it onto a truck or trailer. I see these Hatteras Offshore Fishermen going for $40K and up to $80K depending on the engines it has. This one has the big Turbo Cats, 3208-T's and they will turn over. My brother was a Cat technician for many years with his own company for rebuilding and restoring them. He is trying to get me to keep it but I really don't want or need the hassles at this time. And now, with this crap from the marina that my boat pumped oil from the bilge when there is no oil in the boat I need to get rid of it. I just want to be left alone about crap I did not do here at this place.

I have to go. Another earth shattering drama is afoot. You wouldn't believe it if I told you.....

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20900

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :S I got a notice taped to my door when I got home from working on the girls RV again. The hot water heater went out and naturally there was also NO FOOD in the place. I raided my pantry and freezer and got them a few days of food and worked on the water heater. The water heater is only about a year old but it seems to be not getting power. I have power to the plug but the indicator light is not lit. I traced what I could and reset the breaker and turned it back on. I told the girls that if the water didn't get hot in an hour or two to give me a call. That was around 1:00. It is now 6:02. Hopefully the water is hot again. I was wondering why they showed up two days ago to shower and do laundry. I thought they just wanted to spend the day with their Mom/Grandma. I guess the water heater was off then. I am always the last to know. Every time I see them it costs me. They may get money from the wife but she doesn't have enough income to eat on for the month by herself if she had t live on her SS and retirement. This virus scare has everyone scraping the barrel looking for money for rent, food and gas for the ca ..... I mean truck! She also has a gas guzzling monster of a Chevy Avalanche. Not cheap to run fifty or so miles a day. They have a morning clinic appointment that they have to take the truck on every day and that mounts up. We have to help out when we can. Sometimes I get a bit cranky when I need to get something but have to do without or borrow money to get or do it. $800 a month food bills are not uncommon here when all 5 or 6 of us are here in this house. Lately I have been able to just break even but I don't know how much longer I can do it. I get closer to running out of money every payday. Thank the Lord that I have not yet had to ask anyone to wait for a bill or rent. The girls do help when they can find work or sell something. The daughter was working on a painting when I was over there. Back in the 80's when I was in a wheelchair I used to sit out on my front lawn and paint. But I was in a very high traffic tourist area and roughly 100 or so people would stop and look at my paintings. I really did quite well at selling them. They were priced from $25 and up to $450 and above. I sold one while painting and sitting in the wheelchair for $675 but that was an exceptional painting and it was couch sized. About 6 feet by 4 feet. One of my biggest wall hanging paintings. It really did turn out nice. I wish I had a photo of it but when that guy walked over and handed me the money without dickering over the price, I was floored. I still smile when I think of that. A cash sale and I never even knew the guys name. But, I often think of him and thank him. That sale really helped us at a time we really needed help.

I guess things really do all happen for a reason. Even this terrible accident with Sherene being so badly injured. It befuddles me what that could possibly be but I guess the Good Lord has SOMETHING in mind.

Okay, where is my new used boat? Where do I have to go to start getting it ready to load and get fired up so we can get out of here and out to my hunting spots? I saw where the Archies are giving more treasure hunters a lot of grief on the East Coast. I think it was the east coast. It was an article on Facebook this afternoon. A couple of our cookout guys responded with their ideas of where the Archies should go. Not nice fellas. Of course My comment wasn't so nice either I suppose. :) a Buddy of mine called to see if he could help out with the boat or anything else. We gabbed for a while and are trying to figure out where we can go to do some target shooting. He has a nice new gun to try out and I always look for any excuse to go shooting. No excuse is to small if it gets you out on a range to plunk at some moving targets. I have a bunch of guns that are feeling neglected. three or four .22's are among my favorite plunkers. Cheap to shoot and not so loud that the windows down the street rattle out. My .22 rifle is also fun but so are my 30-30, 45LC, my Single Action Cowboy shooters are the most fun for me. Yup! I need to get another boat and run out to the shooting range. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: Hey Johnny, do you get out shooting? How about you, Pete. I know you shoot airguns and so do I. From what you tell me I am ''amature'' [why doesn't that word register as spelled right? My spellcheck is going nuts.] with your modifications on some of your toys. Yours must have muzzle velocities right up there with some big calibers. But they are a lot of fun. I have a couple that you can't tell from the real thing unless you look into the cylinder or down the barrel. even then one or two will make you look twice.

Sorry for wandering around off subject so much but this is the only way I get to think out loud. my mind wanders all day and changes every time I come up with a new idea. Most of which I don't have the money or ability to do so here I wander. :laugh:

I guess I really should get rid of everything, get a working boat and go back to cruising and treasure hunting before it's to late altogether. I miss diving and searching through the sandy bottoms of the southern states. But I also really enjoyed sluicing and panning in the mountains and foothills all over America. If you never just walked or floated away from civilization and everyone you know to just have fun prospecting and being alone with Mother Nature you have no idea of what you have missed in this life. I mean leave the phone and all communication devices behind and live on your own wits and abilities. Not survival mode, take just enough modern abilities to keep from starving or ending up in some rock pile with a broken leg. No, keep it simple stranger! :lol: :lol:

Okay, that's way overdone for today. I am just trying to make up for going weeks without anything. maybe I should regroup a little less for the time being but I need to get out and do something. This being tied to Cancer fighting machines for years on end is a real test of your sanity and abilities to cope with life.

Let's go do something! whatcha think? Come on Y'All, I'm ready to go hunting, fishing or just detecting. Anything to get out of here!!!

I think i found a boat we could agree on. Well, maybe not!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You said we need a bigger boat!

Here is what I really want. This one was for sale but was way to high. I will eventually find one I can afford again. Keep looking and let me know if you spot one. 57 footer only. no smaller!

Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20901

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I have my own range right in my backyard. I have targets set at 20 yards and 30 yards. I'm thinking about setting up 50 yard and 100 yard targets. Below is my new Hatsan Bullmaster. I paid $2,200 with the scope. It has 1,120 fps muzzle velocity and at 20 yards I have one hole 5 shot groups. That's some pretty serious stuff.

This is my Crosman 2240 pistol. It was only $69 but after adding a new breech, stainless end cap, stainless main tube and 10" barrel and scope it cost me $270. The accessories cost more than the gun!

It has 450 fps right out of the box but after I modified it I got 717 fps.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20902

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Here is the pic of the Crosman 2240. I also bought checkered wood grips for it.

I go shooting almost every day. In the previous post I accidently put a pic of the stainless tubes that I make in my machine shop. I sell them on Ebay for $50 each. I have sold 24 of them so far. So you see I am really serious about my air guns. These are not toys. I bought the Crony to see what my modifications will do.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Salvor6. Reason: Added content.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20903

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I have a solution to your financial woes. Find that treasure!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 6 days ago #20904

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Nice iron, Pete! I'll see if I have a good photo of any of mine in this pooter box. Meantime, I put the Hatteras up for bid on eBay and started it at $3,500. Hopefully there is a few guys that think they really want to go offshore fishing in a superboat. The 3208-T Cats will push her at about 40 to 50 MPH. They are some mean animals to have in the engine room and both are repairable. I hate to get rid of it but I am just plain out of money for now. That boat is costing me about $500 a month and I need to get out from under it for a while.

Meantime, I ran across this hovercraft but it needs more work and the anti-matter pods need to be recharged. Bummer!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #20905

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
AHOY Y'ALL, BEST NEWS EVER!!! I GOT THE OFFICIAL WORD AT MY BLOOD TEST YESTERDAY THAT THE MULTIPLE MYELOMA IS GONE. I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEATEN IT !!!!! THANK YOU, LORD JESUS!!!

Yes it is final, I have beaten the cancer. I went in for my weekly blood test and was told by my primary Cancer Doctor that it is officially gone. I sat for over two hours waiting for the test results and getting more worried by the second. When they finally called me in, the P.A, said that my primary doctor wanted to see me. The P.A. gave me the usual report that all numbers were in line where they want to see them and everything looked good but my primary doctor wanted to talk to me. That made me nervous. I thought another treatment was coming. She came in and looked at the computer screen for about 45 seconds while I got more nervous by the second. Then she says, "Well, your numbers are all back where they belong. The Cancer is gone, you have beaten it!" My mind went blank but I managed t ask what my Kappa Light Chain count was. It was 2,200 when I left Florida Cancer Center to participate in this experimental treatment. She turned the screen to show me. It was 0.068. Anything under 19.0 is good and indicates no cancer present. I am having trouble still trying to wrap my head around this. A lot more went on but my mind was numb. I have been fighting this over 4 years. I have had 4 cancer Doctors tell me it is terminal and NOBODY WINS! Now, with this new treatment it looks like this unbeatable cancer is going to be beatable after today. I don't know how the other volunteers for the experimental treatment did. They told me there were only 300 people in this test and we don't have any way of knowing what other people have done. I do get the impression that I am the first to finish the treatment. And I have been way ahead of any results they expected. When they had me in the hospital the doctors said that they were amazed at how fast I responded to the treatment even then. Now I have been getting very good results on my blood work for a few weeks. Now I come back in two weeks for another checkup. If all stays on solid ground they will drop me back to once a month for 5 or 6 months. If all stays clean I drop back to one a year for 5 or 6 years. They want to follow my results for as long as they can.

This type of cancer is one of many caused as a direct result of Dioxin poisoning from Agent Orange when I was serving three tours in Vietnam back in the 60's. This is just one of many types of cancer caused by Agent Orange. I sure pray that this treatment can be used to cure other cancer patients. When I volunteered for the treatment I was hoping for just a little more time and that even if it couldn't help me that it might give some information to cure others later on down the road. I never expected this. It has been only three months since my treatment om Easter Monday, the day AFTER EASTER. I had already survived through 4 surgeries, one radiation treatment and many, many different chemo mixtures and treatments. This treatment was amazing, to say the least.

Okay it's 6A.M. and the coffee pot is calling me. See Ya all at the COOKOUT!!!.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #20906

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Congratulations Russ! You are Superman! Now, lets get out there and find that treasure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #20907

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 181
Congratulations Russ, well done my friend, well done.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 4 days ago #20908

• thetigers2
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 54
Long hard fight, but you did it.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 3 days ago #20909

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:woohoo: I never expected to hear that the cancer was beaten. I volunteered for the experimental treatment with the hope to get a little more time and hopefully contribute to future patients recovery and gaining more time in this world. News like this really changes your attitude and plans for the future, Now you have a future again. I am still praying that those who still have those cancers are cured.

I went to pick up a couple of small outboards yesterday over in Myakka. We decided to do a little target shooting ahead of the heavy storms that were dancing around us. before loading the engines. He was telling me how he didn't think the engines were worth fixing. He just wanted me to look at them and scrap them. A couple of other friends had already looked them over and decided that they were not worth fixing. They had tried all day to start the 40HP 4 stroke and said it was locked up and wouldn't crank. We shot a few different guns for a bit and decided to stop before we killed some innocent migrating bird or worm and get the engines loaded so I could scrap them. I looked at the 40HP 4 stroker and asked what the problem was. A4 stroke outboard is worth putting a little money into. They run smoother and quieter than 2 strokes. He said two guys had worked on the 40HP for a long time and couldn't get it to even crank. They said the engine was to old and likely locked up from sitting for 7 years. I decided to check it out before letting him scrap it. I hooked up my booster battery and hit the starter remote switch. It started on the first turn or two after a very little shot of starting fluid.. I explained that there was possibly some corrosion or a loose connection and other than possibly needing a carburetor cleaning because of it being One real bog mud dauber nest, everything else looked good. I said it shouldn't take to much to get it to start and run. The engine cowling looked old and faded out but under the hood it looked nearly new. Anyhow, I said I will try to get it running and see what he had, but I thought he should keep it until I look it over. It looked like a good engine to me.

I hear the coffee pot calling me! I'll be back! Soon!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 3 days ago #20910

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( I got up this morning to go to the Hatteras and start getting her ready to show later today. I got in the truck and it wouldn't crank. Not the battery! That damn shifter is broken off again. Now, I just ordered and paid for a floor shifter kit to eliminate this POS shifter. It has broken 5 times now. All in almost the same identical place. This is insane. I just came in out of the heat to cool off before crawling back under the truck to unhook the shifter cable assembly and then remove the steering wheel again. I have to get something to drive! The cops took out my car and Ford took out my truck. I must have had a bad omen to have ordered that shifter the other day.. I am going to try to jury rig it and see if I can make it keep shifting until the new shifter comes in a few days. What is it with these shifters? Does anyone else have this problem with a big Ford truck? This isn't a standard shift, it's an automatic. So what is the shifter always breaking for????? Last night while backing in my driveway I noticed it didn't want to go into Park again. I didn't think much of it except that I was glad to have already ordered the floorshifter conversion kit. An Omen of more bad Ford Karma coming down the road. Now I have to figure out how to shift it until I get the new stick to hit it with.

Okay, I'm cooling down to a normal irritation and have to get back under this POS and also pull the steering column out. I hate this job, I have done it enough times to know how much I hate it too! :sick: :S

At least I still have this boat shifter I modified to see if I could replace the shifter rod in the steering cover with.

I think I'll jump on my bike and see if the guy I was supposed to meet is at the boat. No calls on the phone.... Maybe he is held up too.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by WhiteFeather. Reason: Always spellin.... what else?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 2 days ago #20911

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I noticed the same thing when I drove your truck from Key West to Bradenton a few years back. The shifter was really hard to move. Not normal. I have no problems with my shifter on my F-250 diesel automatic.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #20912

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I can't keep having these shifters break. I ordered a floor shifter conversion kit but it won't be here until Thursday or Friday so I am going to be forced to go rent a car for a few days until the truck part gets here and I get it installed. Our car was totaled about 5 weeks ago and we have been making due with the truck. Sherene's injuries will not let her even walk more than a few yards for now.

Dang, every time I sit down at the computer something else happens. I'll be back!!! :unsure:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #20913

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( I had to go rent a car today. I have to have a way to get Sherene to the doctor or hospital if necessary and with the car trashed and the truck broke down I am walking not riding. So, Enterprise puts a hold on almost the rest of what money I have left. I am beginning to wonder why I have to pay such high insurance rates if nothing is covered. I have the best insurance and it is supposed to cover rental cars if there is an accident. I had better get on my lawyers case and find out what is going on. The insurance company called to tell me the amount we would get for the car and that an agent would be by last week with the paperwork and a check. No one showed up. I'm getting a real bad feeling about this lawyer we have. Isn't he supposed to be doing all this?

It's late and I'm worn out from all the running and shopping out in the heat.

Later, Y'All!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #20914

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ wouldn't it be better to buy a cheap compact car? That way you could park the monster gas guzzler but still be able to use it for heavy hauling. When I had my accident in my Nissan Sentra the insurance company totaled it and gave me $4,500 for it. I added another $1,000 and used that to buy my truck. I then found this pristene '86 Vette for $5,000 with just 50,000 miles on it. That was my daily driver.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 15 hours ago #20915

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Don't have the cash right now. Sherene is having a real bad time with the pain and I can't even go looking for a car without at least a down payment. It will have to wait a few weeks. Sherene has a doctor appointment in about 1 hour so I had better start helping her get ready, She is very upset and gets real contrary when she is rushed. I do to but I am not the one having to get up in severe pain to go see a doctor in an hour, :S She will not be fit to be around if I have to rush her to get ready.

The State Police just called. They want to come and get a statement from Sherene tomorrow morning. I have to contact our lawyer to see what to do. I did tell him that Sherene is not able to remember the accident and a lot of other things. And that is the truth. She is still in bad shape but I have to call the lawyer to see what I should or shouldn't let her do or say/ The State Troopers have been hounding us ever since their first attempt two hours after the accident, before Sherene even was seen to be evaluated by a doctor. There were three of them that went into the ER and started questioning her before she was even fully conscious. Some other patients lawyer threw them out and told Sherene not to say or sign anything until she talked to a lawyer. A lot has gone on since then but they keep trying to question her about the wreck. One even tole me that he talked to her in the hospital and she said the accident was her fault and told him that she ran a light causing the accident. I told him I know that is a lie to get us to admit to something we never said. She still does NOT remember the accident. How could she say something like that? Nope, he was lying to coax some kind of false statement or admission.

Okay, I got to run. Sherene has got to start getting ready if we are going to get there on time.

Later Y'all

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 6 days ago #20916

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
State Police called again this morning and I said "Don't bother to come over, we aren't allowed to answer any questions and right now the Wife is not up to questioning anyhow. I got up feeling very rough and don't feel like answering questions this morning either. Besides, our lawyer said not to talk to anyone without him present." Okay, what didn't he understand? Obviously none of it snd said he would be around Friday. Okay, well I won't.

What don't these fools understand? My wife can not get out of bed without screaming in pain and can't remember anything about the accident. They have a video from their dash cam. Don't they see what happened? Why didn't the cop stop, slow down, go around her or pull her over for a ticket? Why T-BONE her car and break and fracture 9 bones and give her massive head trauma? If the dash cam saw her "slowly creeping out onto the highway", the way the investigating officer tole me, WHY DIDN'T HE STOP???? I wish they would talk to my lawyer and quit pestering me and Sherene. Next I think I'll have my lawyer talk to them. I don't like being pushed and hate being pushed into a corner. I have been known to be very unreasonable and cranky when that happens.

I'll be back later. I just made a big bowl of a couple of scoops of each kind of Ice Cream we have in the freezer to cool off. That took a real big bowl. I think there was 7 or 8 half gallons of different flavors. :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: B) B) :woohoo: :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 6 days ago #20917

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Have them provide you with a copy of the dash cam video.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate