Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(78 Viewing)  (78) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3009

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 354
B) AU_DREAMERS, He has a lot more than that. He is also a big boat owner and, like most of us, is always looking for big boat stuff. Some for trade, sale or barter.

Thanks for the lead,
Russ
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3016

• Au_Dreamers
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 3
Glad to help with what I can- wish I was there to actually lend a real hand for ya! :)

Oddly enough if I went down just to have fun I would have been there (FL) but now that we're moving it's a whole different and more involved set of logistics other than, dive gear and clean underwear!! lol

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3022

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I took the dink for a ride over to an island where I could pull into shallow water and scrape the bottom. It would only run about 8 knots going over but it hit 28 coming back. Mo betta! I am only three tanks of air into getting the bottom under control on the big boat. I created a new scraper that really works well. I guess I could save a lot of time if I just run the boat over to the shallows and scrapped the bottom standing instead of treading water and having to stick a suction cup on the hull. One hand to work the tool and one to hold on with so I don't have to keep swimming back to the boat after each scrape with the tool.

I was thinking of selling the boat a while back but decided to go ahead with working on it and keeping to the plan of travel and treasure hunting. No matter what I decide it is going to be a hard road with lots of problems. But, I now have nearly three years into it and nearly $60,000 and can not afford to start over. Nope, I'll muddle through and go treasure hunting even if I just travel along and pull out the metal detectors wherever I drop anchor. First I have to get this monster to Glades boat Storage over on the Caloosahatchee River near La Belle and haul out. I started the maim engines today and they growl like a pair of big cats. Deep growl and they sound mean. I wish i could turn them loose and get to Glades. But, money first. A little fuel every payday and before you know it I'll have enough to cruise the whole way. At 3 gallons a mile I'll need to put about a bit over 450 gallons aboard. I have about fifty now. Sheese, only 400 more gallons to go. :laugh: Oh well, it's only money and "Thar's Treasure awaitin' out thar!" Time for to get busy and think creative. Let's see, maybe I could sell something....? Anybody want to buy a Sherene? Nah, that wouldn't work. Sooner or later they would find out how much she talks and want a refund. Nope, I got to think of another way. :woohoo: (just jokin' gals, don't get Sherene all riled up.) :laugh:

Well, it's late and I need to get some rest.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3062

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. B) Tuesday, August 9, 2011, Wow! What a day. Storms and high winds most of the day. I had to run to North Fort Myers early and had to catch the dink, saddle break it and ride to shore. All day the storms were in and out of here with winds hitting 40 knots and above. Several boats drug anchor.Three hit the beach and one is about 100 or so feet off to my starboard beam. I got back and decided to sit in the restaurant and have a coffee and talk with some tourists and other boaters anchored here util the weather passed and I had a chance to run out here. Well, I made it home.

My brother who has the black angus ranch in Texas just called and said that he and his girlfriend may stop by in a day or two for a short visit. That's kewel, I would love to see him again without it being because someone is dying. The last three visits we had were when my sister was dying, when his wife was dying and when my Mom was dying.

He was telling me that with the drought in Texas h has had to sell off part of his heard at rediculess prices. Yearlings going for $350 on the hoof. I know he usually gets a lot more but everyone who raises beef critters is hurting. Hay is going for $75 a bale if you can get it. I takes a lot of hay to feed a heard of cattle and a string of horses. Not to mention other livestock that he has. That's typical, I'm doing the backstroke and he is having his ranch become a dustbowl. Some years ago I remember a song by the Kingston Trio called the Merry Minuette. Oops, dated! Anhow, it was about the strife and problems in the world. In the time of the A-Bomb and it is still true today. I won't go into explaining it. If you are old enough you will remember, if not, I can't remember all the words so you'll have to look it up. It was from the days of folk music and non-powered guitars. :silly: Then came the AMP! There went the simple voice and guitar approach to folk music.

Maybe I should clean up a bit. Typically, I have concentrated on working on the boat and left household chores slide.

Okay, here are a few pictures from today.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

And tonight's sunset!!! This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

And my new close neighbor who was nex to the sailboat in the sunset picture this morning when I left for North Fort Myers This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3063

Good pictures white feather...

"Red sky at night, sailers delight - Red sky in morning, sailers take warning"
To Swim Is Human, To Dive Is SUBLIME
To bag a bug in total darkness . . . . is just the next step.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3068

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Lobster Pirate, somebody lied to you. That beautiful sunset was followed this morning and all day with high winds and lots of rain. It's almost 5:00 here and somewhere but I still have a bouncing boat. :laugh: I have to admit though, it has calmed down in the past hour or so and I am thinking about heading in to the store for some ice and a few groceries. My brother just called and is heading down. He just crossed into Florida on I-75 but wants to go across the Skyway bridge at Tampa/Saint Pete. He said he may spend the night up the road a bit since it is going to be well after dark when he gets here. I'll have to run in and get them at the restaurant dock and bring them out to the boat. That's not fun when it is blowing at twenty knots and raining sideways.

My water system for loading water aboard went out today. I sat for a couple of hours rebuilding it from parts out of other old pumps. After two teardowns and rebuilds I got it working. Lifting those 15 gallon water barrels aboard is to hard on this old man. I have to keep that pump running or get some smaller cans and that would mean hauling water aboard by hand. Nope! I'm getting lazy in my retired years..

I am falling behind on the bottom cleaning. I still have a little to do but with two days of storms and now my brother heading down I may not get it done this week. Never assume you can keep to a schedule with anything to do with a boat. It'll cost ten times as much and take five times longer than you figured to do the simplest job.

Here are a couple pictures.

The runaway sailboat has gotten a little closer but seems to have reset the anchor on it's own for now. When the storms subside a couple of us will go out and re-anchor him back where he was.

Here I am, sitting here just rebuilding the water pump.
Okay, I have tried 4 times to load the picture. I'm going to look and see if I can figure why it won't load. One more try!

That failed also. I resized it smaller and scanned it for problems. It just won't load. Time to try something else. How about another picture? Okay, I'll try that!

Nope, that didn't work either...? I have to scan the computer and see if anything is wrong somewhere else that is keeping me from loading any more pictures.
Tune in tomorrow for another episode and see if I gets the bloody pooter fixed or if it drives me the rest of the way to crazy. It's going to be close!

? :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh:
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3069

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Okay, I got that one to load. Now, I'll try the other one again. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

HEY, LOOK AT THE BUNNY RABBITS! DANG, THAT AIN'T IT!
Problems, we all got um, we all don't want um!
Okay, I'll go figure this out.

:woohoo: See Y'All !!! :woohoo:
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3070

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
Those are some big Bunny rabbits tromping through that snow! If those are bunnies is that a chicken with you on the boat? :laugh: Mmmm tasty fried chicken!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3071

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Absolutely! That is Psyco-chicken in the flesh...er feathers!

Let's see if I got that photo thing figured out. Here Goes!

:angry: Still no picture. Bummer! I'll try again. If it is not here then I'm working on the problem. OOOooohhhmmmmm! Oohhmmmm!

:S Dangit! Here's another pet picture. A friend sent this of someone's pet snake. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I used to love doing artwork on show cars, Motorcycles and walls.
Hey look, the other bunny got scared white.

Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3076

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( I seem to be havin som serious computer problems.It too just over an hour to get online using every digit of comuter technology that I know. If I don't log back on today I float tested the laptop and it failed.Float testing is something we do out on anchor when somehing doesn't work. You throw it overboard and if it floats back to the boat it can be repaired. If not, you get another one. If miy laptop can not be repaired I'll be offline a while. Payday is still weeks away. So, either I fix it or NOT.The CD/DVD reader as broken the CD retaining lock that you snap the CD onto. That gives me aother glitch to work around. I can not use my recovey program disc. Yup, I maybe float testing this very soon.

At least it looks like the weather has calmed down this mornig. We'll see.

There is a mysterous floating object near the dink. I think my anchor lines are not wrapped to tight This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3077

• 1BootySeeker
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 1
I think you picked-up one of those mermaids.... :laugh:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3083

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh: Mermaid? Let me show you a mermaid from Key West. Oooooeewwww! What a thought! No wait, first here was my rendition of a mermaid. I painted this on a boat about 1985. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Okay, now here is one I saw in Key West....

Bummer, it will not load either. I'll find a way later. For now let's just say what I saw was not pretty.

I'll try again later. It's late and my back hurts.

G'nite!
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3090

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:laugh:

Lets's see if it works now. Hopefully, here is the mermaid thing I saw in Key West. MERWHAT? This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3091

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Keeping in mind that this is a family show I'll show a few pictures of my real mermaid.

? This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

:woohoo: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

:laugh: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Sorry, I can not show you the Treasures I found in there!

:P You know what she is thinking just by looking at her. That's Ice Water in her hand. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

;) Somebody is going to get wet! This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

:woohoo: That's my Gal. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

:woohoo: This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Somehow I do not believe you are a gecko! This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #3092

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) All about living aboard is not gold! I have been up for over an hour watching a very severe storm on radar. it is all around us. It is a bit worrysome in that my brother and his girlfriend have dropped in for a visit. Neither are seroius boaters. Being a rancher they are more accustomed to drought than serious storm conditions at anchor. I doubt that either are asleep. They are in the main cabin and I am in the wheelhouse. I do want their stay to be pleasent and would rather save a good storm for another visit. Staying their first night aboard a boat should not include the captain running around yelling, " Oh my God, we're all gonna die!". I'll save that one for another time. :laugh:

Yesterday, I had to run to the VA because of a very badly infected bite of some kind on my back. The sort of doctor says it might be one thing but he would guess it could be something else and I doubt his diagnostic abilities. I immagine he doubts my sanity so we're about even. I'll get another doctor today and see what he guesses. If you are a doctor and a patient wants to know what something is never use the term, "I guess it might be". I don't want your guess or what it might be. I have a serious problem or I wouldn't be paying you to fix it. If I want a guess I can do that. :angry:

The storm has skirted us.I see another to the southeast but for now the real threat has passed. When you can feel a storm coming you pay attention. I have lived aboard for nearly 30 years and listen when the warning signs speak. It has settled down and the winds have died. We are back to a very pleasent evening at anchor. Now I can go back to sleep. Sometime it is good to be Captain, sometimes it sucks... Good night!

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 3 months ago #3139

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Stanley and Paula, my brother and his girlfriend, stayed a few days and managed to survive. I don't know how though. Although he is younger by a couple of years they both had some serious problems getting on and off the boat from the dink. I thought that being a serious rancher with lots of livestock and several hundred acres to work that he would have been in better shape. I was really surprised that he could not negotiate the ladder and swim platform better. Even being older I can still run the gunnels and jump into the dink from the decklevel and clean the bottom with a scrapper/snorkel/fins/mask and get back aboard with a rope if necessary. Dang, if that is what ranching does to you I am glad quit breaking horses and riding fence. Ranching was a real drag. At least that is how I gave it up. If you have ever been dragged around by a large animal or stomped by one you will know what I mean.

The drought in Texas is kiling the economy and driving small ranchers out of business. Stan is having a lot of trouble and is selling off a lot of his animals because they can't afford to feed so many animals. Losng their grass over the last few years has been devistating all across Texas. I sure hope they get a couple of named storms this year. It is going to take some serious rain in the form of a tropical system to really help. Even ground water is disapearing.

Hey Jeff Ya want some beef critters to add to your heard? I know where you can get some registered Black Angus yearlings real cheap.

I wish I could help but owning a big boat is keping me broke right now. The up side is that I only have 4 more payments and it is paid for. Our Chrismas present to our selves will be the payoff. :woohoo:

B)
Stan and Paula aboad White Feather.

. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Have you seen our carpet? This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

We had a nice Pirate dinner. At least that is a pirate dinner here, some sort of dead animal and veggies with a grog. Thats a small beef critter chunk and a tater. We had to use another plate for the rest. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 3 months ago #3140

• Au_Dreamers
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
"The drought in Texas is kiling the economy and driving small ranchers out of business. Stan is having a lot of trouble and is selling off a lot of his animals because they can't afford to feed so many animals. Losng their grass over the last few years has been devistating all across Texas. I sure hope they get a couple of named storms this year. It is going to take some serious rain in the form of a tropical system to really help. Even ground water is disapearing."

My neighbor was just telling me the same thing about her brother. He’s going broke trying to feed the herd, can’t sell em fast enough, selling em too cheap and then they’ll be broke from loss of revenue. What a conundrum!

Too bad they're not dairy brokers- just paid $3.71 for a gallon of milk and I buy the least expensive the store has. Grocery store owners complain about the price to them and the dairy farmers are wondering where the money is going because they're going broke but they see the prices in stores and realize the middlemen are making all the money! :S

Could you have ever guessed that milk AND gas would be over $3.50 a gallon! :blink:

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 3 months ago #3141

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 158
Ahhh there is the Carpet from the Third Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout! I am glad to see it in good use.
Just so you know White Feather, I would just about kill for a nice juicy rare T-Bone and a Twice Baked Potato like that down on this part of the planet.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 3 months ago #3143

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yeah Tom, "Rare T-Bone in Paradise" There's a song in there somewhere.... Wish I could help you.

Maybe we could get a barge and run up to Texas and get some of that Black Angus steak on the hoof and kill two birds with one stone. Help the ranchers and serve fresh cut Texas beef critters in Paradise. :woohoo: What a concept! The government could do it if they wanted. We need someone with a big barge and someone with a pocket full of dusty cash. We could dust off the cash, buy beef and ship it to you. You set up a Black Angus Beef Grill and Pub, serve Western Style Thick Cut Beef and make lots of money. There, I've solved three of the worlds problems! :laugh:

P.S. I think I stand corrected, that looks like a 1&1/2 inch thick PORTERHOUSE! That plate is a 10 1/2 inch dinner plate. Talk about over-indulgence! (did I spell that right, Bubba?) Quit lickin yer fingers! :laugh:
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 7 years 3 months ago #3144

• Au_Dreamers
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Just bribe err umm pay duty with heads of cattle or future promise of steak!
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate