Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(122 Viewing)  (122) Guest

TOPIC: Wreckdiver in Panama

Wreckdiver in Panama 11 months 4 days ago #18425

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 134
It looks like my computer hard drive has finally given up the ghost, fortunately I have a spare in stock and will be able to replace it when I find some time, fortunately I learned a long time ago the value of a system backup on an external device and imaged my hard drive for just this type of event. Meanwhile, my tablet is keeping me connected, and able to perform minimal website maintenance.

Big changes are coming down the road for TreasureWorks, and It looks likely I will be closing down our Panama operations In the not to distant future. I don't want to say to much as negotiations are currently on going, but unlike our attempt to set up shop in "Country X", our next destination seems like a very likely option.

I am debating putting ol Panama Red up for sale, and just purchasing another truck when I get in country verses making the long drive. I think I could get more selling it here than in the destination county. I know that no matter what I do I will most likely never get what I have invested in the ol Chevy, but I think something more utilitarian like a Range Rover will serve me better considering the terrain I will hopefully soon be navigating.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by wreckdiver.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wreckdiver in Panama 11 months 4 days ago #18426

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 75
Very Interesting Tommy...

Wreckdiver in Panama 11 months 4 days ago #18427

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
Can't wait to hear what's cookin,Tommy

Wreckdiver in Panama 10 months 3 weeks ago #18470

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
I had to go to the emergency room at Hospital Punta Pacifica in downtown Panama City. What had started out as just a little pain in my throat quickly escalated to a full blown tonsil infection. I never had tonsillitis as a child so I still have them. Who knew that an old guy pushing 60 would end up with this.
In any case, this was my first hospital visit here in Panama and as is the case in Central America, you never really know what to expect in these situation's.
What I found was very similar to what I found in my emergency room visit in Guatemala back in 2013 for a sinus inflection, I found a fully staffed modern hospital with a professional staff.
I once had to visit a small clinic in the back waters of Honduras with symptoms of Dengue fever, and while not as modern as big city hospitals, I still found a professional staff and a cure.
The North American health care system could take some lessons from our brothers and sisters to the south.
I was in and out of the hospital emergency room in about an hour.
The cost of the emergency room visit was only $67.32, and the two prescription's cost a total of $34.27.

Wreckdiver in Panama 10 months 3 weeks ago #18479

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Feeling much better so I tackled working on my broke computer. For some reason the Image of my hard drive will not re-image on the new hard drive. Fortunately all the files that I had backed up all seem to be intact, unfortunately all the programs I had installed (MS Office, Photoshop, Power Director, etc.), will all need to be reinstalled and all my program disks are in storage up in Florida.

Upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and think I can at least get MS Office downloaded from the internet later today. keeping my fingers crossed on that one since my book files are all in Word and I have had to revert to writing in longhand.

The good news is that I have Internet back up and running so I don't have to rely on my tablet to maintain TreasureWorks. Thankfully all the TreasureWorks programs are on our server and as long as we have connectivity we are good to go.

Negotiations for our next gig are completed and just waiting on the new Letter of Marque. I am really excited about this upcoming change in location.

Found a buyer for Panama Red, and starting the paperwork to transfer title later today.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by wreckdiver.

Wreckdiver in Panama 10 months 3 weeks ago #18480

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
Glad you are doing better and things going on just fine.

Wreckdiver in Panama 10 months 2 weeks ago #18483

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 316
B) Being computer illiterate I seem to have 3 or 4 Tupperware boxes full of all sorts of computer junk. I say junk because I have no idea of what it is or what can hook up to what or even what it is, does or was. when you get back up stateside it is yours if you want it. I know one of the computers that is apart was from my grandson and his mother paid over $3,000 for it about 2 1/2 years ago so he could play on internet games with professional gamers. I know nothing about it other than it was very expensive and it's broke and apart. Give me a call when you return and I'll use it as an excuse to run over to Sebastian inlet and the east coast to PLAY in the water or out on the beach. :lol:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Wreckdiver in Panama 10 months 1 week ago #18510

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Time just keeps on slipping into the future...

It was just three short years ago today that I woke up to find myself here in Panama for the very first time. However, like all good things it is now coming to an end.
Panama has been a true adventure and I have had the honer of walking in the footsteps of the likes of Balboa and Morgan and exploring the history of the early Spanish conquest and following the Spanish treasure trails all the way from the Pacific to the Caribbean.I have been to the deep dark jungles of the Darien and dove the clear blue waters of the Caribbean and the somewhat less clear waters of the Pacific.
Later this week I will push off from the tropical shores of Panama and return once again to my home in Satellite Beach Florida. I anticipate being home for just a couple of months and will start with the preparations for the next adventure.

Wreckdiver in Panama 10 months 6 days ago #18526

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
If everything this week had gone according to plan, I would be on an airplane at this moment and headed to Atlanta with a connecting flight to Melbourne Florida. However, as is standard in this business, not all things go as planned and I have had to change my flight to late next week while I finish up some things here in Panama.

Wreckdiver in Panama 10 months 1 day ago #18549

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Three days and a wake up...

Wreckdiver in Panama 9 months 4 weeks ago #18559

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
My bags are mostly all packed and in just a couple of hours I will be on my way to the airport and on to Melbourne Florida. Yesterday I handed the keys to Panama Red over to its new owner and all that is left for me to do is to dismantle my VPN and computer and pack them up. The last three years here in Panama has been absolutely awesome, and it is kinda hard to put this chapter behind us. Its amazing how fast the last three years have passed. On the other hand we are definatly looking forward to our next adventure.

Wreckdiver in Panama Out

End of Transmission...
Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by wreckdiver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: unearthedassets

Wreckdiver in Panama 8 months 1 week ago #18837

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
I have only been home for about 6 weeks and I am just getting used to settling down to my relaxing beachside life at home here in Florida ( providing you can call two hurricanes and weeks of nasty weather relaxing ).
This week I received a call from my amigos in Panama and it appears they would like my assistance on a project down that way. I have agreed to give them a couple of weeks of my time and Sunday I will once again pack a bag and be heading back down south.

Wreckdiver in Panama 8 months 1 week ago #18840

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 35
"......Providing you can call two hurricanes and weeks of nasty weather relaxing"

Been interesting over here hasnt it? Two hurricanes and a couple of weeks long stalled low pressure/tropical systems that almost developed further!!!!
Beaches were littered with what looked like small chunks of puerto rico and other islands every 300 ft or so.

Have a succesfull safe and fun trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver

Wreckdiver in Panama 8 months 1 week ago #18841

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 75
Good Luck Tommy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wreckdiver

Wreckdiver in Panama 8 months 1 week ago #18843

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Thanks guys, at the Melbourne airport now waiting to board. I did not think I would be heading back to Panama so very soon. However, I am looking forward to being g back in the game again.

Wreckdiver in Panama 8 months 1 week ago #18849

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 20
Travel safe, Tommy. Fall in Florida just wasn't warm enough for you?
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.

Wreckdiver in Panama 7 months 3 weeks ago #18948

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Changing my plans up a little bit, I should be on a flight back home to Florida today. However, I have decided to extend my stay in Panama instead of returning to Florida. I will be returning home in November for Thanksgiving, and to process my last military order transferring me from the retired reserves to just plane ol USAF Retired. Ahhh I will no longer be on the hook to be recalled back to Active Duty.

Wreckdiver in Panama 7 months 4 days ago #19022

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
My bags are packed and I will be heading back to Florida in the morning to spend the Thanksgiving holiday at home on the beach.
That is providing I can get this Uber app working to schedule a O-Dark 30 pickup to the Tocumen airport.
Otherwise I will just have to stand on the street corner like a hooker and hope for the best.

Wreckdiver in Panama 7 months 3 days ago #19024

• seeker41
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 35
Hmmm.....
Better get the uber app working. B)

Wreckdiver in Panama 7 months 2 days ago #19033

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Made it home yesterday evening with no problems, and I didn't even need to dawn the pink tutu to get to the airport yesterday. So all is well that ends well.
It is so very good to be back home again and sleeping in my own bed again.
I am absolutely loving these cooler temperatures we are having here in Florida.
Moderators: Salvor6