Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(92 Viewing)  (92) Guest

TOPIC: Calling all treasure hunters!

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15584

Are you trying to fund a treasure hunting expedition? Do you KNOW of a life-changing find that you just need the resources to go out and get? Are you just one grant, Kickstarter, or benevolent investor away from making history? We want to hear your story!

A television production company is looking into amateur and professional treasure hunters across the globe. Specifically, we’re looking for people who’ve done enough research and independent investigation to narrow their search area down to just a few possible locations.

Ideally your expedition will be at or just past the planning stages. If the only thing delaying your search - whether it’s for gold, art, rare collections, or iconic cultural heirlooms - is financial backing, we want to hear your pitch!

What are you looking for? How have you conducted your investigation? What would this find mean for the world and for you personally?

Please send a paragraph about yourself and a photo to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. All information is for internal development only.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by treasureTVExpeditions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15585

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 109
Do You have a website?

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15586

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 170
I did a quick search and could not find anything on these guys. Almost always when these come up we get an official production web site link, not in this case, so beware!
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15588

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 400
john, although I would love to jump into something like this as soon as I recover and finish the boat I am inclined to agree with Tommy. Giving to much information maybe very detrimental to what and where we are inclined to look. What would they need with us once they have our information and probable locations?
WF
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15639

wreckdiver wrote:
I did a quick search and could not find anything on these guys. Almost always when these come up we get an official production web site link, not in this case, so beware!
Hi there, WreckDiver. I understand your concern and so I'd like to address that. We haven't listed our official production company website on purpose. Essentially, we have found that publicly posting our production company's name and contact information can lead to our systems being flooded with a high volume of phone calls, emails, web submissions, that sort of thing.

Then why should we trust you? you might be thinking to yourself. Well, after we have had a chance to talk some, and before we ask you to give us any detailed information on your potential or pending finds, we will be able to give you our credentials so that you know we are legitimate. Before you would be asked to agree to anything, we would be able to go through whatever concerns you might have and address them. You wouldn't need to give us information we could use to scoop your finds out from under you. A brief description that more conveys the idea - "I have a lead on a valuable historical item that I think could be found somewhere off the coast of California, and it could be worth thousands of dollars" - would be fine for this stage of the conversation.

WhiteFeather wrote:
john, although I would love to jump into something like this as soon as I recover and finish the boat I am inclined to agree with Tommy. Giving to much information maybe very detrimental to what and where we are inclined to look. What would they need with us once they have our information and probable locations?
WF
As I mentioned above, please DON'T give us too much information. We definitely want you to feel secure and like there's no chance of us going out and looking for the treasure you've spent a long time researching and surveying for. Once initial contact has been established, if you seem like you might be a suitable candidate for our television show (but, again, BEFORE you have given us any detailed/pertinent information), we'll be able to give you all the details you could ask for.

I hope this has done something to assuage your concerns. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, as I would be happy to address them. Thanks for your time, and good hunting.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by treasureTVExpeditions.

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15641

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Fair enough treasureTVExpeditions and thanks for the clarification. As I am sure you are aware that many a treasure hunter spends countless hours and often lots of out of pocket cash just conducting historical research on any given project he or she may decide to pursue.

It has been my experience that while most treasure hunters I have met along the trail are good and decent folks. However, when it comes to Treasure all bets are off. It only takes one individual to come along and take advantage of the hard work and sweat of another and that's when the trouble with treasure can begin.

So while those of us on this site often share information on our experiences helping others along the way that share our passion for many types of treasure hunting, we are at the same time a secretive lot who are protective of our fellow treasure hunters.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by wreckdiver.

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15643

Yes, absolutely. In fact, the amount of time and energy that goes into just the research is an aspect of treasure hunting that we feel does not get emphasized enough. Too many people think you just read a couple of old letters, go out there on a boat, dive for a few days, and come up with treasure. Many of the hunters I have talked to so far have been researching specific finds for years, if not decades. At this point in our history, the research is definitely the more involved aspect of hunting, because there is just too much area to search.

Given all this, I can very sincerely appreciate being protective and secretive of such information; that's why we're explicitly not asking for you to divulge any of that information. At this point, we're more looking for you who are, what your story is, and how much treasure you think you could find (without going into detail about where or how). We wouldn't start asking for specifics until we reach a point where we are discussing details about the show itself, and at that stage there would be legal contracts you could review to make sure everything is on the up-and-up.

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15644

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 400
B) Everything you say makes sense. We have our annual cookout coming up in a few weeks. We would love to speak with you there if you get the chance. Myself, I am in a bit of a health issue at the moment and am trying to get it resolved or at least under some kind of control by the time the cookout rolls around. It is going to be very close for me to get back in shape to make it but I am going to give it my best shot. It will depend on both my health and the wife's sudden blood pressure control issues but we intend to be there even if it's only for the day. We usually like to spend three or four days at the lodge but we will have to wait until it gets closer before deciding.

It would be a very good time to meet with a lot of our members and let us get to meet you. Everyone is always welcome.

Keep an eye out for us if you make it. We're not hard to find....

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15655

Thanks very much for the invitation, WhiteFeather. Where are you guys located, geographically? We're based out of Seattle, so making it down might be a little difficult... but I am interested anyway!

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15656

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
Saturday, April 18. 2015

Pennwood Lodge in Sebastian, FL
9295 N Us Highway 1, Sebastian, Florida 32958

SEVENTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT

Calling all treasure hunters! 4 years 8 months ago #15658

Hmmm, okay! I'll see what I can do, although I'm sadly pessimistic about getting to go out there.

Also, just to clarify... we aren't JUST interested in "treasure" treasure. Anything that is both a) incredible and b) needs to be found would qualify for our purposes. Theoretically, we could be talking about just about anything. A priceless work of art, a WWII Sherman Tank on an island in the South Pacific, hidden treasure in the Colorado mountains, a barnyard classic Bugati somewhere in Kansas, or anything, really. There is incredible stuff hidden all over the place, and we want to talk to the passionate people who are convinced they know where these things are, they just need the funding to go out and find them.

And as I said before, we don't need to know where you think your treasure is - that's your secret that you've been keeping for a long time! We just want to know what you're looking for and why you think you are the person to find it.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate