Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(112 Viewing)  (112) Guest

TOPIC: The Detecting Lifestyle Radio Show – RIP

The Detecting Lifestyle Radio Show – RIP 4 years 5 months ago #15869

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 170
For the last 3 or so years there has been an Internet Radio show run by Dave McMahon, out of New Jersey called “The Detecting Lifestyle”, on 1000Mikes.com.

From there self-description “The Detecting Lifestyle Radio Family is dedicated to bringing radio to the people, from the people!! We are focused on everyone out there searching out their own kinds of treasure.... Bottles, coins, relics, artifacts, or whatever is your passion, we are interested!!

Our shows will always be open and informative!!.. We are always looking for new guests, and enjoy interaction with all the others out their hunting for the next best thing.....”

I have listened to the show from time to time over the years whenever I have been able to find the time, and admittedly in my case time is a luxury that often eludes me.

Last night was one such occasion that I had a chance to log onto the site to listen in. I expected to hear the normal banter about all things metal detecting, or the interview of an interesting guest about his treasure hunting experiences someplace from around the country. However, much to my surprise Dave sounded very bitter as he announced that this was the last broadcast of his show.
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate