Welcome, Guest
(66 Viewing)  (65) Guest

TOPIC: Joe, where are you

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19198

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 179
joe, haven't heard from you in a while. What is next?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19200

• joska1964
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 4
Pete,I,m just a phone call away.Just working on verifying the beach site.Sure could use someone with a gpr right now.I figured you guys are still down by the Keys,filling up the boat with gold coins.Don,t worry guys,soon as the chests are out of the hole,I will post some pictures.

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19201

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
I had to come home the next day because of a family emergency. John lasted 4 days before heading home. I called Russ a couple days ago and he still doesn't have the boat ready to sail back home. I will call you tomorrow.

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19202

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 26
joska1964 wrote:
Pete,I,m just a phone call away.Just working on verifying the beach site.Sure could use someone with a gpr right now.I figured you guys are still down by the Keys,filling up the boat with gold coins.Don,t worry guys,soon as the chests are out of the hole,I will post some pictures.

Joe, as you may already know that GPR will not work on the beach, or through a Salt, or Clay environment. It is useless in these conditions. Dell

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19203

• joska1964
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Dell,perhaps your right but I,m not an expert on gpr scanning on any beach site,but I,m getting a good scan with my Pulse star 2 pro with 1 meter coil .So I have hit two targets there and 4 to 5 more there to scan,so thank you for your expertise and just need to dig out to verify.Thanks Dell

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19204

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I have had two Pulse Star's , and all the coils. The Pulse Star will give you some good digging exercise, that's for sure.

I loaned my GPR to a well known Treasure Hunter, I thought was a friend, and he never returned it. It costs $30,000 to replace. Treasure Hunting can be expensive. Dell

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19205

• joska1964
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Dell,I did,t exactly pull this site out of thin air.A well known treasure hunter came with all his expensive toys to verify gold there in chests,so I,m really sure what I,m scanning with the pulse star.They all say,soon as you dig it than you will know 100%

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19206

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Thanks for your input Dell. Joe and I are going to dig these beach sites after he scans 5 more sites that he got. Maybe next year.

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19207

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Just a thought. You might want to test out my new X-Scan Discriminating LRL on your site before you dig., if I am unable to do it for you. Try it for 7 days, and if you don't like it, return it in good shape and get your money back. Dell

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19208

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Dell that sounds interesting. How much is it?

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19209

• joska1964
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Dell,I also have a LRL that I use with a secret device I put in the ground to verify gold when pinpointing.

Joe, where are you 1 year 4 months ago #19210

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Probably discriminates via frequency. I am totally familiar with LRL's having introduced the first MFD 30 years ago and using them ever since..

This website is not completed yet, but you can get an idea by cliking on the X-Scan store at www.omnitron.us

As long as you already have an LRL you won't need this one. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Dell

Joe, where are you 1 year 3 months ago #19227

• joska1964
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Dell,yes it does lock on the gold target very easily.Got a big one there and other ones very close.Yes I can get right on top of them and even check the depth but cant see in the ground with x-ray vision to verify.Just waiting on my other friends to come with the GEM-2 EM unit to scan the exact spot of them all.

Joe, where are you 1 year 3 months ago #19237

• joska1964
  • Treasure Enthusiast
P.S no one on here believes that there are still chests of gold,silver and gems to be found along the coasts of Florida and the Eastern seaboard.

Joe, where are you 1 year 3 months ago #19238

• Salvor6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Why do you say that? Did you ask everybody on here?

Joe, where are you 1 year 3 months ago #19239

• joska1964
  • Treasure Enthusiast
Pete,no one seems to take things serious about treasure hunting for chests of that magnitude along the coast of Florida or anywhere else.I talk to people not on here about there efforts to locate such treasure in there area.

Joe, where are you 1 year 2 months ago #19278

• captainnate444
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 2
Mr. Winders,
Do you have photos of anchors found in the orange cay area?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell Winders

Joe, where are you 1 year 2 months ago #19280

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
captainnate444 wrote:
Mr. Winders,

A mag survey a few miles East of Orange Cay revealed some heavy anomalies in the area. I accidentally found one anchor while sledding about 8 foot tall sticking up in the sand about a half mile from the mag hits. I attached a heavy anchor chain, line and bouys. The only navigation equipment I had was a Knot meter I bought for the trip, and a compass. Loran, would have been useless that far from a tower. so I have no coordinates. I could have the compass heading, and appx. distance from Orange Cay, somewhere in my storage shed, maybe?

Fortunately, I had SS band radio and learned that a cat 3 hurricane was headed right for us, and it was suggested we get to heck out of there. One engine was overheating, so we made a slow crossing on one engine. Freighters and cruise ships were pushing right behind us from different directions and it was difficult to judge their distance in the dark.It was dark when we reached a very treacherous Bakers Haulover Inlet. I started up the other engine and we had a rough and tumble ride thru the Inlet, and cleared customs.

The next morning I run the boat into a small Mangrove island, and rested it on the bottom, put out all the anchors , and hoped for the best. The old boat came thru the hurricane with flying colors.

We no doubt found a large shipwreck in an isolated area of open water. What ship it is, I have no idea. The only clue was the Anchor, which could be Spanish? Considering it's location, I doubt if it was large enough to be the main Anchor. Dell

Joe, where are you 1 year 2 months ago #19281

• Dell Winders
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
captainnate444 wrote:
Mr. Winders,

I regret, I did not . I had planned on coming back to the location after the Mag survey but the incoming hurricane disrupted those plans and we had to make a rush to safety in a slow boat.

I found evidence that there is probably another shipwreck much closer to Orange Cay. I got a tug boat Captain. to take me back over to Orange Cay, to check it out. We anchored off Orange Cay, for the night, and I watched a vessel on the radar coming from across the banks and anchor about a half mile from us. The next morning the Capt. took me over to the Cay, and dropped me off. The mystery boat had dropped off a hundred or so large bales of Marijuana. It was stacked high with a few boards on top to detract it's appearance from the air. I radioed the Capt. and he and his mate brought baggies and came over to see for themselves. They cut a bale and filled their baggies when I spotted 5 speed boats headed our way from the North. The Capt.panicked , we all jumped in the dinghy and headed back to the boat. They ditched their baggies of pot enroute..We pulled anchor and headed full speed back to Ft.Lauderdale. Although I was a scout for US Customs with code words to use in messages under such circumstances, the Capt. refused to let me use the radio. The irony was a twin engine Customs aircraft flew over us numerous times taking photos of our boat and numbers.and left. They showed no indication that they sat the stack of bales, or any curiosity about the 5 speed boats speeding in our direction..

May I ask why your interest in a Bahamas shipwreck, when they have a moratorium and you are not permitted to search, or salvage?

I checked your website. I did not know there was a Dolphin Communication research project at Bimini. I was doing a government sponsored attempt to communicate with Dolphins, in the 60's. They were concerned about encountering Aliens from other planets without a means of communicating our peaceful intentions.

They supplied me with a telephone Vocoder. to alter the frequency of Dolphin communication for easier study. In turn, I provided an easier, simpler method to communicate with Dolphins. It probably wouldn't work very well with Aliens unless they were captive.. I worked with Dolphins, for many years and was a pioneer in maintaining Dolphins in an artificial environment, and Veterinary medicine, before ,becoming a Treasure Hunter/ Shipwreck Salvor. Dell
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Dell Winders.

Joe, where are you 1 year 2 months ago #19288

• captainnate444
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 2
Wow Dell it sounds like you've been around for a while. Everyone loves to talk about the Hemingway era of Bimini and tends t o skip over that Miami Vice era. My interest in the anchors would be to photograph and document them before they are forgotten about by time. From a historical standpoint it would be important to know what kind of vessel they came from and who was exploring the area and when exactly. If the odds have anything to do with this the wreck has already been found and looted.This could also possibly be another book. I'm aware of the moratorium and by looking over the old permits is kind of how I got turned on to the Orange Cay area. So any insight into this would be appreciated. Stay safe and look forward to hearing from you!
-Nate
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate