Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(321 Viewing)  (321) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20605

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
time to call eastern marine no tax and fast shipping they have a special going 10% off

www.easternmarine.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5o_5_e-W4gIVRAOGCh0rHAm8EAAYASAAEgICHfD_BwE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20607

I know that Russ is-ah. I have suggested two ways to aliviate that, but he, rightly so, sticks to the VA. I have suggested that he ask the Doc. urting, but I still want to know of his progress. After all, the va is paying him a good salary, so russ has a right to ask. do it russ,"how are you feeling ? progress ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20608

Forgive the spelling, but my eyes have suddenly gove divergent and I see two images. I will have to do exercises fotthat, but, in the meanwhile put up with meafter all I claim the reason I am almost 96, I figure that I deserve a litt quirk or so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 1 week ago #20609

• goldfinder33
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 4
I am almost 96..............at that age just get it on there old buddy,
we read between the lines. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Jose de La Mancha

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 3 months 10 hours ago #20610

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 191
Well Russ I'm on my way down to Johnny's house. Let me know how you are doing.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20615

russ, are you feeling that badly that you can't post ? Believe it not, their are some here pulling for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20617

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
WhiteFeather wrote:
B) I'm still kicking, my Friend. I just got into a complete disaster of a situation and am trying to fight my way out. It is a disaster here and I am right in the middle of it, I feel like a tin can with twenty kids shooting at me from all sides. I need to get to my guns so I can shoot back. This is crazy. It is 11:30 or there about and I am just getting done for a few hours. I have to get up about 4:45 to get breakfast and get ready to take the step-daughter to her appointment. Then I have to get busy with getting to work on fighting to get my credit score repaired. This is stupid.

I worked on the Hatteras and got the starboard engine to crank over. Not fast enough to start but the battery was low so I put it on a trickle charger for overnight and maybe it will crank fast enough to start in the morning after I get back. Today I went to an assisted living facility to see about getting the wife a nice place before they ship me off to get the bones cleaned out and put new grease in them. Works for me if it works for me. If not I am going to have to get ready for some drastic attempts like your suggestion about the med that helped you. I went through another test on Wednesday and when the result gets back I will find out how these treatments are doing here. If the numbers are getting back where they belong we may move the bone marrow thing back or cancel it altogether if it looks like I can beat this without the trip. I'll know in a few days. If the Hatteras starts I will try to get the other engine going. The port engine was supposed to be running but I don't believe anyone on that. Okay, Baboon is running and the Hatteras is almost running. When it cranked over about twice real slow I thought it was going to start but the fuel lines are leaking and I have t stop that so I don't fill the bilge with diesel. Not to mention my clothes and shoes.
At least I am sure the boat will have at least one running engine real soon. My brother said that if it will crank, it will start. 3208's are awesome engines. These have the blowers and even sound high power just turning over once or twice.

I also got two of the signs in the shop finished and delivered today. Finished last night about midnight and loaded into the truck and delivered this afternoon when I got back from Sarasota. My truck is getting stupid and has been stalling once in a while for no apparent reason. It starts right back up but it did this before and it was the main computer and it cost me about $1,500 before it was all over. The stupid hit to my credit score has shut me out of trading it in and getting a new truck. My credit score has been hit so bad that I'll be lucky if I can even pay attention.

Okay, so I am working when I am supposed to be resting, stressing out when I am supposed to be relaxing and typing when I am supposed to be sleeping. Hummmmm? Oh well, if I did what those doctors tell me I'll never get anything done. Ya Think? Also, I am fighting with the step-daughter about getting out of here and get back into her own place so I don't have to keep being her driver and limo service. I have been taking the grand daughter out for driving lessons the past two days to. That's the fun part of my day. She is a pleasure to watch. We went out on the Parish road today and she got up to about 60MPH for the first time. When I said it was time to turn into a driveway and head back she took it literally and we nearly ended up in a ditch. But, she managed to stop a couple of feet short of plowing a new field so I figure it was a good landing. A little nerve racking but fun. Nobody got hurt, the car is fine and my heart has slowed back down pretty much. I managed to cut some old geezer off when I was learning and he sideswiped me on the right and tried to blame it on me. I was a new 16 year old driver and her was 80. The judge saw it a little different and it turned out pretty well for me. Fun, fun, fun!

Okay, it's after midnight so I am going to get off here. Just know that I am alive and kicking and will try to get some of the stuff done that I want to have for the cookout. I still have some paintings and some treasure related stuff to take up for the cookout if I can. Main thing is just to get my skinny body up there to see all my friends and stuff myself with those legendary ribs. Gotta get to those ribs.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You posted this two months ago. Well it looks like Ted didn't listen to his brother!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20619

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 400
B) Ahoy my Friends, and a Special Hello to my Hero Don Jose. It is great to see you here again. Yes, I am staying with my Stem Cell treatments for the time being but I'm not sure how much longer I am going to have to wait. I have a meeting on Thursday for the final decision on the treatment and when they may or may not get me started. I am nervous and the colser I get the more I get the more anxious I get. Thursday I have a chemo in the morning starting at 8:00 and then the meeting with stem-cell is at 1. My treatments usually take quite a bit longer than 4 hours but the cancer center said they will be able to shorten that treatment. I was getting worried about that treatment. It usually takes about 6 to 8 hours. Sometimes they can use two machines depending on what meds they are using and I'd they can be given at the same time or not. With some I have to have a minimum of an hour or half hour between meds. Some can be given at the same time. I have to have blood work at the beginning of every treatment and they use the results to make up my meds for that treatment.

Anyhow, I should have their decision on Thursday or Friday. Then I will be given a few dates to choose from for me to go to Nashville for the procedure. I have to have my support people ready to go so I have help when I need it. If I could not get anyone to go they will not do the surgery and stem-cell treatments. They said that I could be there for 30 days to 60 days other even more but the nurse says 30 days or there about is average. I think I can beat that all to hell. My pain tolerance is pretty good. I am one of those that when I am hurting really bad, you do not want to be sticking your head in the room to ask if I want anything. My Mother tried to warn the wife not to go in the room if I was sick or hurt but she thought she knew better than Mom. WRONG ANSWER. Stay out! If I need anything I will let you know. I am a caged lion when I am hurting or sick and may well bite your head off if you keep bothering me asking if I am alright or if I want anything. I may have just gotten to sleep or just managed to get the pain under control. Don't risk it! :(

Okay, I am back to seminormal, whatever that is. ????. Not that I don't appreciate the offer but I'm not your normal patient. Just a semi-normal person with a lot of crazy, off the wall methods of dealing with severe pain.

It is just about time for my evening meds so I had best get off this and get the bird fed. She gets cranky too when she be cranky when she doesn't get fed too.

Meantime I will just take it easy for now get back to doing a few idea sketches.

Sure would like to get back out on one of the boats
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20620

• thetigers2
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 47
Always thinking of you....

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20621

remember my buddy, hypnotism can eliminate any pain, whether personally or clinically induced. Ask them if they do that there .Why suffer when it is so easy to eliminate.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20622

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ give us an update. Did you go to Nashville?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20623

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Got a denial Friday about the Stem Cell treatment. At this time my bloodwork is out of parameters for the treatment to work. I have two months to get them where they need to be or start the entire process over. I don't have time to get into it tonight but will cover it tomorrow when I get back from the Cancer Center. Today I had to roundup the files and results of a lot of testing and get it back to the doctors at the Cancer center. As luck would have it I got back from Bay Pines about 15 minuits to late to get to the center. I will have to go over in the morning to drop off these papers and see what they think we should do.

When I found out I couldn't get to the center before they closed I went down to the boat and checked my crab pots. I had a couple dozen real nice crabs and brought them home and we had steamed crabs for dinner. Then my brother called to get a copy of a birthday photo that my Dad had taken. He went out on the Coast Guard boat to set the new Red, White and Blue marker by the Key Bridge that marks the spot where Francis Scott Key was being held prisoner aboard a British warship when he wrote The Star Spangled Banner. Cool photo. Only my Dad could have thought of this. check it out.

Anyhow, I will get back as soon as I find out what our plans are. I may not see the doctor until Thursday. I have another chemo starting then. I have been thinking about this the past few days and need to get something started. My Kappa Light Chains are the big stopper at this time. They have to be down under 100. The Stem Cell people said they would like half that or less. Right now my reading is 488. Not Good!. Anyhow, I will get this information to my doctors and see what they recommend and when they think we should start.

It's almost 12;30 so I am going to get off here and get to bed. After another steamed crab or three. :lol: :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20624

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Thanks for the update Russ. Let us know more when you can.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20627

i tried coconut crabs on the Canal in 43, I don't think that I'll ever recomend them

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 6 days ago #20628

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ how are you doing? Give us an update.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20630

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Whats the word on Russ is he still hanging in there?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20631

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
Trying to respond but not getting through. This is another Dr try. If it works I will post soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetigers2, goldfinder33

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20632

• goldfinder33
  • Treasure Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 4
Hang in there old buddy.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20633

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Russ glad to see your still fighting the world keep hanging

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 4 weeks 2 days ago #20652

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Things are not going well but I am still hanging in there and fighting this cancer the best I can. The stem-Cell treatment has been moved back and is on hold for the time being. I am not sure if it will be rescheduled or not at this point but if it is I will post that when I find out. For now all of my tests are showing that more treatments are needed. Right now I am waiting for the doctors to decide what can be done with the test results we are working with for now. My tests are showing a serious decline in my ability to fight off the effects of the treatments. I will keep trying to get the treatments survival rate up if I can. I am also having a lot of things breaking down and needing work around the house.

The car A/C has gone out. The compressor has fried and the wife is on me every day about fixing it. I finally got the compressor and now have to get it put in the car and charged. I used to be able to do it but this one will require that I get under the car and do a lot of other things that I am just no longer able to do.

Next, the hot water heater has burned out one of the heating elements and I will have to get into the compartment where it is housed to see what I can do to repair it. I think it is just a burned out element but I can't be sure until I get into the compartment. Then, one of the bathroom faucets has stopped working. It's a good thing we have two bathrooms.

My truck's shifter has also started giving me trouble. It has gotten very hard to shift again. The last time this happened it broke off. That has happened three times since I have owned this truck. I have never had one break off on any other truck before and this truck is on the third one in three years. I think I'll design and build a floor shifter for it.

I have to get breakfast ready so I will get off this thing and get that done. I'll be back!
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate