Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(134 Viewing)  (134) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #20737

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 468
:woohoo: Wow, I am sorry about getting so gabby on that last post. I guess these drugs they have me on are making my mouth run over. I'll try to keep this down to an encyclopedia sized post.

The treatment Thursday left me sort of disoriented as far as thinking clearly. last night I was still having trouble with reactions to the treatment and had a very bad night. I woke this morning with chest pains that were what I would call moderate. It was enough though, to wake me with a serious concern if it was possibly a heart related issue. It was one of those things where you aren't sure if it is really a heart attack or just a pulled muscle. I sat here for a while and tried to decide if I needed to call the medics or wait a little longer. I thought it over and decided to take a single pain pill to see what it did. I figured that if it was a pulled muscle the pill would stop or, at least, lower the pain. It took about a half hour and the pain nearly left altogether. Still, I laid around this morning to see if there was a repeat. I do have a slight pain but it seems like muscle and not a medical issue with the heart. I will pay attention as I go about todays work. It is Saturday so I don't have anything pressing that has to be done right now. Here it is 11:40 and I am still laying around.

I want to get some of the stuff out of the shop and close it down completely as soon as I can. I could use the money I am spending there for other things. I need to fix up my truck enough to trade it in or just sell it outright. It is still needing work and I am not up to it any more. The same goes for the boats. All of them. I want to get one little fishing boat that I can tow behind a smaller pickup and spend time fishing instead of working every moment I am not in chemo. This new chemo is Ludacris and I intend to get through it and have a few more years to do a little treasure diving, fishing, shooting or detecting. Maybe I could even tow the boat around and visit some friends. I have a lot of friends all over that I haven't been able to visit ever since this cancer tied me down. I'll decide on that after I knock this cancer into remission again.

Well, I guess I am going to run down to the Flea Yard and eventually over to the shop to check it out. Catch Y'All later!

I wouldn't need a big boat, Right? Maybe a little bigger than our dink though.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20741

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :laugh: :cheer: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Okay, I just got word today that the stem cells have returned. I thought it would take a long time but the nurse explained that the collection they did got a lot more good cells than they normally get and everything went extremely well and fast. The cells are now frozen and held until I get through the prep procedures that are required before we start the infusion. Great news..... On April 8th I go in for another Bone Marrow Biopsy and another PET/CT scan. Then I still have another 5 or 6 chemo treatments to knock the cancer back as far as they can before introducing the new stem cells back into my body. The chemo is going to go into Hyper-Drive. I will be going in every day for that week and into the following week. Once the effects of the chemo have reached maximum they will go into the stem cell infusion. Whew!!! I found this out today at my regular 10 hour chemo session. Tonight I am feeling pretty good for having been undergoing chemo all day. This morning I got up early to get to the parking area early enough to take the truck because the wife had a doctor appointment at 10. I had my usual breakfast, oatmeal, coffee, fried potatoes with chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped green peppers and chopped mushrooms. Then I fry an egg and put it on top of the taters, YUMMMM! This morning I also added a sausage size piece of Kielbasa from Hillshire Farms. About half way to Moffitt I noticed a slight swelling in my lips. In another 10 mins I was getting more serious. Kind of like an allergic reaction that I had the last time I was given Penicillin. I had an anaphylactic shock and nearly died. I quickly took three Benadryl tablets and continued to keep check on my condition. The swelling stopped increasing and began to subside. I had already dug out my EpiPens and had them sitting on the cup holder in the console. By the time I got to the treatment center I was back to normal. I called back home to tell the wife not to eat any of the sausage but she had already had some with her breakfast. I told her what happened to me and she said she was also feeling real bad. I told her to go to my room and where I had 2 extra EpiPens in case she had a bad reaction. She called later and after about 6 hours was feeling fine again. I think my problem was due to my immune system being down. If this Coronavirus hits me I have absolutely zero immunity to anything. That even includes the common cold. Even that could kill me if I don't get medical help right away and even then it may be to late.

Okay, its about 12:45 so I had best get off this thing. Things are going to get pretty hectic over the next few weeks. If I can!t keep up here I am sure Pete and John will be calling me. They can let you all know what is going on if I am out of a WIFI area or trapped in a hospital room without internet or a phone signal.

Gotta Run, Y!All be careful out there, There are drivers like me on the roads. :woohoo: :silly: :laugh: B)

Hey John and Pete, I got some new play toys…Check these out. Lets go do some target practice out on I.R. Baboon when I get out of this and get a little time.

I also have an idea about the Hatteras. How about if I pull both diesel engines and transmissions that are not running and sell them. Then put these two 350 Vortec GM gas engines is. Those are running and I can get two 1.9 or 2.5 Velvet drives to put back in her. Just a thought but let me know what you think. I am going to beat this cancer and want to have a decent size boat to go out deep-water fishing, diving and treasure hunting aboard. anyhow, Check out these toys. I don't think you two have ever seen any of them before. .....

Actually, I have had these and many others for many years. I was going to leave them to my Son but his death changed all that. I am still thinking over what to do with my gun collection. I already promised most of my guitars to one of my brothers but I don!t plan on leaving here to soon. :woohoo: :P ;)

This one is a Ruger .22. Nothin fancy, all stainless steel for carrying on the boats. I also have a Marlin 30-30 in full stainless for out on the boats. Regular guns rust so fast that they need rebluing before you get them in the safe. Bummer.

This one is an el-cheapo Heritage .22 Magnum and .22 long rifle and .22 short. It has 2 cylinders.

And here is Big Daddy. My Stainless Steel Marlin 30-30. Big bad boy with attitude. I had the 45-70 version but the shells would cost more than the gun after a weekend of serious target shooting. It also would wear out your shoulder and leave you looking like you had a real bad tattoo that you tried to have erased. Nasty big Boy that one was.

I have started getting the Hatteras back together. This is my favorite seat...

This is my Hi-Standard Double 9 for cowboy style quickdraw practice. I had a pair of them that I had won in a shooting competition way back in the 60's. I had them with a Buckheimer double holster set. They were stolen and only the one in the photo was recovered. I never saw the other one or the holsters again.

When you let them both out at the same time they sound like a gatling gun. Lots of fun.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20742

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B)

Even kept Sherene in practice when we were traveling around the Caribbean and island hopping.

The only way to carry. It makes people think twice and three times before considering you an easy target.

We could have afforded a new boat if we had the money we shot up playing with all my guns. Well, not really but I did do a lot of shooting over the years. :lol: :lol:

Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20743

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:angry: Three times I have just been typing and looked up to see that everything was gone again. I am going to see if changing computers helps. Meantime I will post this short one and just come back and add to it every paragraph or so. Maybe that will work. A lot has gone on the past day or so but this thing won't let me tell the tales.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20744

• Roger.Leclercq
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 22
Russ

Type it in word with auto-save turned on when your finished use cut and paste the text into the forum post with a couple of clicks.

Stay feisty and safe

Roger

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20745

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 238
That's funny Russ. I have never had a problem with posts on Treasureworks. Roger has a good idea.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20746

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
Russ, as you know I was in the Border Patrol in 50, I carried a S&W 4" barrel with a Kieth long range front sight, accurate to 600 meters with a high holster. I could get a draw in 3/8 You could have me covered and I could draw and shoot you beThe belt fore you could overcome your reaction time and I would not be in your line of fire i was far more secure iwiththe high belt holster, I it would retain my weapon under the rough conditosn found on the Border then.If I can get the scanner to work, I'll send you the use of a long range front sight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20747

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Next time John or Pete get down and we can get out on the boat I'll have them shoot a little video of some target practice. I will have to show you what I am still capable of doing.

Meantime, I just got my Stem Cell schedule. I have to get my caretaker team together and have them at Moffitt on March 24th for training and whatever else they want us to know. It seems a bit early to me because the treatments will start after I go through another Bone Marrow Biopsy, another PET scan, more chemo that will intensify and be concentrated down into three days or so and then more Schedules are still a little confusing so I want to read over this a few times before posting all the dates and times. It looks like I will be admitted to the hospital on April 12th. I gather it reads a little like this; 3/24 caretaker team to Moffitt for informational training and whatever they have to 3/25 stop all cancer drugs , 4/6 Bone Marrow Biopsy, PET scan 4/7 labs, care instructions, Central Line Placement and radiology appointment, 4/8 labs, Chemo , 4/9 labs, Chemo, 4/10 Labs Chemo, 4/11Labs no chemo , 4/12 admission to hospital no chemo4/13 Day 1 of stem cell infusion of 14 day treatment.

So, to me it looks like I am getting ready for the big treatment to really make a very serious attack on this cancer. I am a little apprehensive but also pulling at the bit to get on with it and get this cancer gone. I want to beat it and get back to diving and treasure hunting again. Being tied to these machines three times a week and even more really ties me down to the treatment center and keeps me off the water. Anyhow, I want to get after this and give it my best shot. :woohoo: :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20748

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
russ, get the damned cancer and getback to looking, seee what I have lined up, pure fun. a few of those mines were destined to be yours Oro. I never did have the money to put then on a paying basis. El naranjal. Las Pimas and aL Tarasca, possibly La Gloria pan. I actually stood at the sealed entrance and did not enter, my then partner was in El Fuerte, I waned to share the opening with him.,He had a heart condition which would have been too rough with the original trail, but a new route,which was a day shorter with the mules, but while I was working my way back to El Fuerte, he died. Would you believe it l spent . 2 days of crying for poor Sam. I never have gone back. I actually stood in front of the sealed entrance with the imprint of the two hands in the wet clay Sam taught me to play chess. He would sit there with a readers digest and would win chess. incidentally, Naranjal is on Tayopa land. in the accompanying photo iis indicated with square mark sigh. Benito found the closed cave with the bars, Many tried to follow him, but he would always hide from them. He would cut a chunk from dore' bars. with his machete off of one of the rose colored bars, enough for him to live on. Bert was gaining his confidences when he died, leaving a cave full of rose colored Dore bars.He did leave me a clue-- he exclaimed to me one day " why would they leave a drill rod buried in solid rock on top of a clif to an otherwise inaccessible area he, he, he. Incidentally, El Naranjal is on former Durango land. / /t tr
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20749

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:( Doing my best to beat this cancer. I am undergoing final preps the next week or so and then I will get another bone biopsy. Next day I get a port put in and then start 3 to 5 days of very heavy chemo. Next is three days of rest before checking in to the hospital for the Stem Cell treatment. That will require me to remain hospitalized for two weeks. :sick: Then I will leave the hospital but I will have to remain within 20 to 30 mins in case I have any serious complications after the transplant. Things like rejection, adverse complications of organs such as liver, kidneys, bladder or those silly ones like heart failure or brain damage. All possibilities from what I am told. Anyhow, I am going to do my best to beat this and I figure there is only one thing that can stop me. I think the odds are in my favor. If not, I will just change the odds or ignore them. I intend to beat this and return to what I want to do. If it works like it is supposed to I will get another two to three good years or even more if I can beat it completely. Giving up has never been in my book of rules. :laugh:

It is about 5 A.M. and I have been up all night. These 8 to 10 hour chemo sessions are rough . I usually get home and about 4 hours after the treatment I pass out for a few hours. I try not to but when I sit down to dinner I often wake up about 4 hours later with my dinner still sitting on the tray beside me. I did that last evening and woke up at 11. Then I couldn't get back to sleep al night. I've been watching old cowboy movies all night. Dodge City just went off and Badman's Country is coming on. I saw most of these old shows over 60 years ago. Most are from the 30's, 40's and 50's. It's amazing to me how the names of some of the really old actors come back. I like the credits. If you watch the also rans you sometimes see extras that became stars later on. It beats watching the paint peel while I am waiting for the Cancer center to get to work. :laugh:

I have to run over to the RV this morning. The water heater has quit again. I just installed a new one about three months ago and they should not be having problems with it yet. Even with three women living there. I hope I can find the warranty if there is a problem with it. If I have to buy another one I just don't have the money right now. To much been going on here. Last week I hit something that came out from under a truck on the interstate and blew one tire and damaged another on. Now I am waiting for my insurance company to let me know if they will replace the tires and repair or replace the fender. I may just opt to have them pay me damages and try to fix it myself. If they decide to pay to replace the entire bed I will hire someone and teach him how to repair a bend that todays body men would not attempt. Back in my day I would have repaired this bend. Today they say the hourly rate out prices a used truck bed. Could be but my way is cheaper if I don't have to pay out $150 an hour. I work cheaper due, I'm sure. to my own outdated stupidity and still working at 1970 pricing. BUMMER!!! :lol: :lol:

Maybe I should fire up Baboon and go out fishing for a day or two and get some rest and quite relaxation time before I start all of this work, chemo, surgery and all the other stuff. It is going to get very intense once they start this next week. I still haven't got to get out shooting for quite a spell. I haven't even had to clean any of my guns in several months other than a quick light cleaning and coat of oil to keep rust and such at bay. Having guns on boats is not good for the guns. That sea air really can get to them even in watertight cases and oiled. It's amazing how quick it gets to them. I started buying just stainless guns for on the boats or even just going out shooting . I guess I'm just a sucker for bright shiny toys, huh?

It's time to put some coffee on. 5:40. I need to get up and move around anyhow. If I sit in this recliner to long I get to hurting worse than if I keep limbered up by doing something. Anything, it really doesn't matter as long as I get up and walk around the block or anything to get the blood flowing through my legs and body. To much rest and I feel even worse than if I lay around all day.

If I go fishing I may just need a bigger boat like these guys. That's a 19 foot or so boat.

Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20750

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ I am heavy into air guns. You can buy some pretty powerful air guns today. I modify my air guns to get more power out of them. I have a 20 yard and 30 yard shooting range set up in my back yard. I shoot almost every day. You can buy a Crosman 2240 pellet gun for $69. It has 450 feet per second muzzle velocity. I bore out the CO2 valve for more capacity and open up the transfer port to get over 1,000fps muzzle velocity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20751

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I made the stainless gas tube for my Crosman 2240 on my lathe. I bought fancy checkered wood grips for it. The gun was very loud after I modified it so I made that silencer you can see attached to the barrel. That white board in the distance is my 20 yard target. All my shooting is done from a bench rest. I got the chronograph so I can check out how well the modifications work out.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20752

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 55
DID SOMEONE SAY AIRGUNS ? :silly:

this would make for a good quiet back up snipp rifle,

www.airgundepot.com/airforce-texan-lss-hunter-combo-air-rifle.html

in .45 cal of course

IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by scubasmitty. Reason: add pix

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20753

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) All these years we have been running together and I never knew you were into air guns too. I have one of the pistols you mentioned and a few others. I have one pistol that has about a 300 yard range. Yeah, 300 yards. I can shoot from where my boat is clean out onto the river to the last marker going out of the marina while sitting in the slip. Just a co2 but it really reaches out there. Drawback is that those little co2's don't get many shots before dropping power. I have a paintball gun cylinder that I was thinking of modifying to replace the little cartridge. It would increase the amount of shots before having to refill it but I never got around to doing it. Maybe we can get together after this Stem Cell stuff and try some modifications to increase the range on some of these air rifles and pistols. I also have a lot of .22's and a couple of .22MAGNUMS. Hey, does John shoot? We both do so many of the same things that I wonder if we aren't long lost twins. What do you say, John? I have been shooting ever since I was 9. I joined the NRA in 1956 when I was in Scouting and was shooting at the Broad Creek Rifle Range. I've been a gun nut ever since. The past few years I have gone back to mostly .22's because of the cost of ammo. My .45's, .380, 30-30 and other heavy shooters mostly sit around. The single box of 20 or 50 shells for them can cost $20 or more. The .22's will shoot all day on $10.00 and I can shoot up 400 or 500 targets. Did you ever notice that box of lightbulbs, cans and bottles and the big jar of balloons in the back of my truck? TARGETS!!! I'll have to bring a couple of my airguns the next time I have to run over to the VA. Most of my airguns are .177 but I have been looking at a couple in .22. Scubasmitty mentioned .45. I didn't even know they came that heavy but I'll have to check that out. That sounds Kewell!

Okay, it's 3:45 and I have to get some sleep if I can. That or go fix something to eat. I hear a Taylor Pork Roll calling me from the fridge..... YUP, It's me it is calling again. :lol: :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20755

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) I went out on Baboon for a short run down to the Interstate bridge today. I needed to check how it would run on the new 3 blade prop. The prop I replaced was a deep pitch 4 blade prop that wouldn't let me even idle under 6 knots. Much to fast to troll down or up river dragging lures. I needed to see if I could run under 2 or 3 knots. Anyhow, it did alright and I can slow down a bit to drag a Ballyhoo or lure if I want. The 4 blade prop also got very good mileage. I think this 3 bladed one will not do so well on long range runs. However, I think my long range cruising days are behind me. anyhow, I shot a couple of short videos and will try to put one on here if I can figure out what buttons to push on this stupid pooter. Here goes...... :lol: :blink: :S

I think I'll post this first so I don't wipe it all out at once..... :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubasmitty, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20756

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I HATE THIS NUMBER---HOW MANY POSTS, TRIP 6

BUT WHEN YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT PROPS, I wonder what the idle knotage would be for these bad boys at an idle,

and some nostalgia,,and other foolishness !!----KEEP YOUR HANDS SANITIZED FOLKS !

The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvor6, Trembull, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20757

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
ONLY CAROL BURNET, could be a TP prophet

whew, at least im off the trip six number !!

and 47 years ago, here we are again

Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by scubasmitty. Reason: add pix

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 week ago #20758

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
I don't know what all the hype is about. When I buy a 12 pack of TP it lasts me 3 months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubasmitty, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 days ago #20760

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
:lol: Yeah, and I'll bet you don't have a lot of girls using the bathroom. :laugh:

And I have a couple of rolls that have been aboard all winter. Still very, very near full. Maybe I had best hire an armed guard with the way things are going..... :lol:

Okay, today was a rest day. Friday one of the kids flew in from Pensacola to help out as a caretaker when I go in for the Stem Cell infusion in a couple of weeks. Well, as luck goes, I will not be allowed any caretakers. This virus scare has changed everything. I have a surgery on the 6th, a full PET-C scan and on the 7th I have a port being put in for the infusions. Then I start some other 10 hour chemo for 3 days followed by 3 days of rest for me to recover. Then they check me into the Cancer Center for the Stem Cell infusion for about two weeks. The daughter will stay here at home to help the wife and bird while I stay at the hospital. When the Stem Cell is done I am supposed to stay local to the hospital in case I have some kind of allergic reaction while the Stem Cells are attacking the cancer. Once I get out of the hospital I am hoping I can just go home. We'll see how that goes when the time comes.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 1 day ago #20761

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Today has turned into another rest day. I got up this morning and was in such pain that I just had to sit here and try to get my meds to work. With the amount of pain meds they have me on I should be able to do my own surgery. I have never been one to take any kind of meds unless I was in the hospital or recovering from surgery or another accident. I've had a lot of those over the years and managed to keep going. Anyhow, for some reason I have been having an exceptional high pain lever today in spite of resting for two days. Maybe I am just getting TO MUCH REST. I always seem to feel better if I am out at the boats, the shop or just doing anything to get off this chair. I think I may get up and go do something even if it is just walking around the block or wandering down to the dock to go fishing for a while. Resting just isn't getting me going. I have to get in shape for the Stem Cell procedure in two weeks. If I go in like this I will be starting out at a disadvantage. Yeah, FISHING OR WORKING ON SOMETHING. Anything! Just get my lazy butt off this chair and DO SOMETHING! Aahaa, target practice! That will get me moving and still not be to strenuous. I have a safe full of toys that I need to get dirty so I can spend a few days cleaning them. Right? These Florida people are or have already closed the boat ramps but I have two boats already in the water. How can they say that I am endangering someone or myself if I am out cruising the Tampa Bay or offshore fishing? That's crazy. I wouldn't just be 6 feet from some other boaters but 6 miles or more. If the virus can jump 6 miles or even a quarter mile we are all going to get it anyhow. Besides, if another boat comes near I could use my cannon to fire a warning shot across their bow, right? They should understand to stay back with a beer-can sized projectile flying across the bow. Actually, I don't really have that particular cannon any more. I used to have it many years ago. It had about a 400 yard range and I would take a beer can and quarter fill it with plaster and another 1/4 with talcum powder. When the cannon was fired it would leave a streak of powder across the sky and look like it exploded when it hit the water. Also, being a black powder home made cannon it would look like a Pirate ship broadside being fired. To much fun...…
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate