Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(114 Viewing)  (114) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 days ago #20762

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 238
I had a reply to your post but when I hit the submit button it disappeared.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 3 days ago #20763

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 56
NOW YOU KNOW !!! ITS GETTING BAD :sick:
the new AMERICAN GOTHIC.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I hope it puts a smile on your face russ, even for a little while..
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED ACT AS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 days ago #20765

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 469
B) Ahoy Pete, The same thing has happened to me several times. I really have no idea of how these things work. Mine has done that two or three times in a row. Usually when I write one that is long and boring anyhow. Maybe there is a boring factor protection filter? :lol: :laugh: Nah, if that was the case over half of mine wouldn't post. :laugh:

I have to get a little work done this week in spite of the chemo and surgeries. I planned on having a little more time to get rid of stuff but it looks like I may have some problems am up again worrying about everything from bills, house repairs, boats sinking and a hundred other things. The pain in my back got me up at 4:10 A.M. and I even had to take my meds early to try to rest. My mind won't quit and I need to get the photos of my truck's damages to the insurance company too. The wife is going to need some help while I am in Stem Cell treatments and all sorts of other problems. I just need to calm down and concentrate on getting through the hospital stay and back on my feet. I even have to replace this recliner I sleep on. It is worn to a frazzle and has gotten very uncomfortable. I need to get rid of this before going in for surgery and having to come home to this monstrosity with more back problems and whatever new problems the doctors invent to keep me busy while they drain the insurance company. I also have to look into getting rid of all this "stuff" I have gathered up over the last 75 years. A sizeable gun collection, fishing and diving gear, guitars.... no, strike them, I promised them to my Kid brother, but there are a lot of tools, engines, parts, trailers, boats, vehicles and other things that the wife will have no idea of the value they are worth. My last wife called a junk man and had my 15 X 20 foot shed cleaned out and even paid the guy to haul off thousands of dollars worth of tools, dive gear, underwater discoveries, a big Maxwell Coffee jar full of gold from working my gold dredge for several years in my spare time. I know that thing had to weigh over ten pounds. It had all the gold from 4 1/2 years of dredging in it. It was sitting on a shelf in my shed. When I went back to get my stuff I had put in the shed she told me about paying some junk collector to haul it off. I bet he is still happy over that haul off. I don't want this wife to junk all of my tools, dive gear, fishing rods and tackle.

COFFEE? WHERE'S MY COFFEE? IT'S 6:20 A.M. AND I AM STILL SITTING ON THE RECLINER.

I've got to get moving and do something. I have to wait for daylight to get a few good photos of the damage to my truck. I suppose they will just write an estimate on damages from what they can see in the photos so I want to wait for good lighting and document everything as good as I can. I don't want to look like I am trying to cheat them but I don't want to get shorted either. My guess would be around $3,500 to $4,000 in damages. It doesn't look that bad from the curb but the fender is bent up under the bed and has a crease where the tire tread got caught on the fender edge and kept rotating at over 70MPH. Those big heavy truck tires have considerable tread and this one really grabbed the fender. The quarter panel is dented and twisted pretty good. with todays throw away society I suppose they might just replace the entire truck bed. If that is the case a used bed would be acceptable. Mine is an extended 8 foot bed. My truck is an F-250 Super Duty with the big 4 door and 4 wheel drive. It is the longest wheelbase they have made. Sitting next to a regular F-250 mine sticks out about 4 feet past the other F-250s. I have no idea of how they do this at home estimate when they are not at my home so I suppose the photos should be as good and clear as possible.

I had a big post on here about putting my Hatteras up for sale but decided not to clutter up this post. Anyhow, I started to write a lot of info and such but figured this is already to cluttered with non-treasure related stuff. I do tend to wander off a lot. Anyhow, I have decided to drop the price real low and get rid of the Hatteras. I am thinking of about putting it up for around $7,500 or $8,000 and even financing half of it. I have the title and a lot of other Hatteras goodies to throw in with the boat. I can even...………. There I go wandering off again. I had best get going and get the bird up and fed so I can get out of here and do some of the things I need to get done. Later, Y'All! I'll check back in when I can.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 2 days ago #20766

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ if you had 10 pounds of gold it would be worth $256,000 at todays prices. Where did you dredge? I want to go there!

When my Nissan got T-boned the insurance company sent an agent out to do the estimate. I remember you looked at it and said you can replace the doors and rear quarter panel real cheap and it would be like new. It was still running and it only had 70,000 miles on it. I just bought 4 new tires and a new battery. They totaled it.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Salvor6.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 23 hours ago #20767

• Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 48
Salvor, in addition to my 357, I carried an air pistol for small game. Later I carried a little Italian tip up for 22 bb caps for the same reason..The largest game that I ever shot with it was a buzzard that was zooming me and making my mule very nervous on ail that was on top of a cliff. Many mules and thier riders were found at the base of the cliff. They could never figure out why, but after I dropped the rooming buzzard they never found another, so I guess the buzzard found easy pickings by scanning the mules off of trail ccl

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 15 hours ago #20768

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy Pete, I did a lot of dredging along the foothills out in western Maryland, West Virginia and southwest Pennsylvania for years. The gold I was finding was usually very small amounts but I figured that if I saved it I might get enough to buy a new truck. Whenever I went hunting, fishing, camping I always took my Pan and the little dredge along. I eventually sold the dredge in Virginia when I got stuck and needed to make some quick money to fix my truck. I still regret that. The dredge I built here a couple of years ago was a modern version of that one. I did some modifications so it would float better and was under 20 pounds even with the engine. The old one was over 50 pounds and didn't float. It needed to be set up at the edge of the water and limited my area that I could dredge. I still have my ultralight one that I built in the shop. I was going to start building and selling them but then this cancer hit and it went on the back burner. It's still back there. Next time you get over we will set it up at the marina or take it down to the beach and play with it in the surf. It works really well and moves a lot of water and sand. Maybe we can pick up some tourist gold.

Yeah, the insurance company got a brand new engine with my truck. That's why I wanted to keep it. Plus, they said the frame was bent and never looked under the truck. I guess they figured they could make back the outlay on parts return and could break even rather than lose money on repairs.
Last Edit: 2 months 14 hours ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 months 8 hours ago #20769

• Trembull
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 8
Russ, post some picture of the dredges, I'm sure you have a bunch.
Would love to see the home built stuff and them in operation.
When the mines were first found and where hard hit back in the turn of the century.
Taking a metal detector through or around those places now days?
Sure small in size but will still find color in your prospecting pan.
Enough to retire and get exercise like I need it badly.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Trembull.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 weeks ago #20771

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
ISOLATION SUCK'S

this works for me !
as does fermented garlic in honey

Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by scubasmitty.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 weeks ago #20772

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
This works for me!

The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, scubasmitty

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 4 weeks ago #20773

• Senior Treasure Hunter
Russ, my son just told me that the FDA has approved the use of Cesium Chloride for the treatment of cancer.nOT VERIFIED YET.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20774

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Fairly good cough suppressor but my prescription drops the first three ingredients. I have used the combination of cider vinegar and honey for many more years than I care to admit. My Mom used this when we were very young. It is really a good suppressor. Use Rock-N-Rye instead of vinegar and it is as good as sleep aid. :woohoo:

Okay, I got through the first day of Chemo here at Moffitt. It seems to have went really well and I feel pretty good this evening. I just fixed some crab cakes that I picked up at Publix on the way here. They put me up in a Hilton Hotel and it is very nice. To much room but I'll suffer through it. I guess I got used to the 12 or so feet from one wall to the other living on a boat and then in our double wide mobile. You kind of get used to doing with what you have and not worrying about everyone else's trimmings and goodies.

Anyhow, The first day went very well. I am having dinner and trying to relax. Having this feed line hanging on my chest is distracting but it doesn't really bother me. I thought it was called a Port but they called it some other name that eludes ah-haa, it's called a Central Line. Okay, the memory isn't as dead at the moment. I even have some memory problems and such to remember to make sure that my mind is working the way it's designed to. Facial recognition, math problems, directions and several other types of little testing options will let me know if something isn't going right or working right. I have always been good with math and remembering complex designs in machinery. I feel as long as I can do some fairly easy math problems and word memory from day to day that my mind is still keeping up. What I did was give myself some fairly easy math problems and wrote the answers down in the back of one of my sketch pads. Now I can use them as a quick check. I wrote down the problems and put the answers on the back page. These are simple problems like counting backwards from 100 with different amounts. ie; 100 backwards by 7. 100, 93, 86, 79,72 etc. I think using different numbers will give me an indication if I am slipping. I am supposed to let them know if anything is out of kilter. That's another reason for a caretaker. They can see things I may miss. This wouldn't do much good if I got through it and didn't know who I am.

Okay Y'All, I am going to get off of here and get some rest. I have to keep at this and I know the chemo is rough. I hope to see you all at the next cookout after this chinavirus is over and we get back to semi-normal. Take care my Friends. We don't need to lose any TreasureWorks people.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20775

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Pete, I'll see if I can dig out some of the old dredge photos. There may be some back in this thread. I remember talking about the ultralight some time back. I'll look in the pooter to see if I can find the old ones. No time to retake them right now. :)

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20777

• Senior Treasure Hunter
Podt awaby Ruaa

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20779

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 35
Hey Russ... I hope your treatments are going well. Everyone is praying for you to pull through this thing and regain your health.
I just looked back at the first page of this 242 page odyssey with 1.2 million views. You began this 8 years and 10 months ago and I am STILL pulling for you to get out there and do what you want to do.
Stay safe. Get healthy.
All the best, amigo.
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiteFeather, scubasmitty

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20780

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Thank You, my Friends Ropesfish and Don Jose', As you can see, I am still trying to get to thaT elusive treasure. I must have some good sites to work because most times you hunt all over and come up empty. With my hunt, the powers that be are trying to keep us off the water. I must have something the spirits want to keep me away from. Ya think?

I am in chemo right now. I am trying to work on my tablet. I left the power chord to my laptop at the hotel room and it is a bit low on go-juice so I will save that for later. Much later! Okay, the treatments I am going through for today are a bit intensive but tolerable. I have had no problem dealing with any of the procedures so far. I am feeling very good and have very good energy levels. I fully intend to get through this and get a running boat. They put in a Central line to give me my meds and for drawing blood. It's a lot better than being stuck with needles 4 or 5 times a day. I have a very good pain tolerance and really have no problem getting shots and drawing blood. But, this does make it a whole lot easier on me. Here is a photo of the "central line" .

Sorry that came up sideways. Later I'll try to turn it.....

Okay, Finally! I managed to get the dang thing upright and then it was posting flipped. I managed to finally figure out how to flip it side to side. What a job. Anyhow, this is the Central Line that I will have my treatments through for the next two to three weeks. Nasty looking little bugger. Yeah, I have lost a lot of weight. I first lost right at 100 pounds but managed to gain about 30 back once I got on my feet a little. Right now I could stand to still gain another 70 or 80 pounds to get back up to where I was but I'm just happy to still be here.

I am going to be checked into the hospital on Sunday and start the T-cell infusion. That will run for two weeks here in the hospital. Then I will have to remain in a local "safe house" with my caretaker for the next 4 to 8 weeks. That will depend on how I handle the treatments. As long as I do well and don't have any problems or issues with little things like rash, breathing problems, heart stopping for more than an hour and the like, I will be allowed to go home in a few weeks. We'll see how that goes. Meantime, my caretaker will be there to watch over me in case I start doing anything goofy. Kind of like nitrogen narcosis when you are deep diving. They don't want you giving your airline to the little fishies. Meantime, I have to be careful to not get sick. "No immune system at this time" . It was destroyed so that my body won't fight back against the cells that will be infused into my body to fight the cancer. I don't know how long it will take to find out if it's going to work so I have to give it every chance I can.

Okay, I'm going to get a couple of things done online and will try to keep everyone updated. Like I said, I will be trapped in here from Sunday for the next several weeks. Pete, John and anyone else thinking about stopping by the house or shop, I won't be home for a few weeks. I will still be online and working on some other things. Catch you all later, my Friends.

I tried to get into my photos but am not finding any except those I took this morning. I will have to go to the big pooter to fix the photo and add anything.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubasmitty, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20781

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I REMEMBER WHEN

I first found this site, while perusing the threads I found the general discussion and then, TODAY IS THE DAY, I was hooked when I read, WE'RE PULLING AWAY FROM THE DOCK,,,after reading 5/6 pages I KNEW I had to join TW just to keep up to date with you and the little womans adventures. over the years I have read of the strugles of your journey in life in florida, the joys of a project completed and satisfaction of accomplishment of a job well done, you never give up and are always looking ahead with anticipation of the next goal !

I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one can relate to the challenges and successes you have so graciously shared with the TW community, you have helped ME get through some challenges of my own, Im sure that others here have been inspired to go beyond theyre comfort zone and at least TRY to accomplish the goals others say is to difficult to obtain,

I may not have always been able to participate in this thread due to computer problems, location and isolation on a dig site,(AZ) but I have always received e-mail notifications of posts in TW and read them like letters from home, dureing those times this thread helped me keep my head and contrary to popular belief, not go stir crazy with cabin fever !
SO having said that, I wanted to point out to you that you have many people here who are praying for you, who love you and sherene, and can't wait to PULL AWAY FROM THE DOCK, and continue the search for YOUR treasure, ;)

for I myself have DEFINATELY found MY treasure in YOU and this forum, and those who have contributed to said same !
be well brother and CONTINUE to look FORWARD !!!!
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by scubasmitty. Reason: added thought's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvor6, Trembull, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20782

• scubasmitty
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
PPPSSSTTT, B T W
I still want the tank bands and the cross over valves, tee hee. !

IF YA'LL want a shirt like this,(or deserve one,aka, taken this oath) I can arrange one for you, the BOOBIE pillow I used to fly from phoenix AZ to oahu, on hawaiian air, if you or anyone else EVER fly to oahu with this pillow,,,,they would KNOW where you got it !!!
the great lakes diving is spectacular in june and july, ! many years ago !

hence the reason I want to buy the bands and cross over valve, daddys got a NEW pair of 120cu steel tanx !
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by scubasmitty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvor6, WhiteFeather, 1767

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20783

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) :woohoo: You got-um my Friend. :woohoo: I will be tied up in this Cancer treatment for a couple of weeks and then another 4 to 8 weels in recovery but as soon as I can get back tothe shop I will get a mailing address and send them to you. I wish I had taken them apart before I left and taken them home but I didn't. Sorry!

I heard this fish tale the other day about another one that got away. I'm sure it was just another fish story. But, then again, even Jesus had a fish story!

The following user(s) said Thank You: scubasmitty

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20784

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
PETE, I have an idea. I am a very good artist and have a lot of back ground in illustration. I am trapped here in the cancer center for the next two weeks and another 4 to 8 weeks in rehab. I will do some sketches with good detail of the dredge and components to put on here or I will PM them to you in a few days. Would that help you? I think you could even help me with getting it even lighter. Right now it is under 20 pounds and will move 1,850 gallons of water per hour. Anyone could build one of these super light weight dredges for under $400 in their spare time. I was going to build and sell them at around $750 each and actually make back about twice the amount my investment was going to be. It would be a good price and I could sell as many as I could build. I already had several people pushing for me to take a deposit and build them one but I would not take their money to work with. I still have the prototype that works great. I was wanting to figure out how to take one to the cookout and set it up in a big tub to show how easily it worked, how light it was and well it recovered gold. I intended to salt the tub with gold and let people try it out. Once around the tub would recover every bit of gold hidden in the tank. The cleanout takes about 2 to 3 minuits and is very simple. I really think that if I could show people how efficient and lightweight it was that I could not only sell to beach hunters but to backpackers and mountain hikers. They would consider equipment if it was light enough and at the same time efficient and they would become another section of the buying public.

You have my number. My infusions are in the afternoon. They put me on a saline drip around 11 and I am tied to the bed until it is all finished. Yesterday it was until around 5.

Last night I had a bad night. They are watching everything very closely. I don't know what happened because I just sort of passed out. I remember short little pieces of last night once they noticed my temperature. This was about 8:00 when it started. I was going to call for dinner and laid down on the bed with the phone and menu. That's the last thing I remembered until 2:00. I woke with the nurses scurrying about me saying to lie still that they had everything under control. I listened. They started explaining that my temperature has spiked up to something 102. I have had 102 temps before so I wasn't worried but now they were worried. This went on until after 4AM. By 8;00 this morning I was just fine and showered and ate like nothing had ever happened. Anyhow, as long as this doesn't become an every day thing it was nothing to worry about. I told them that no matter what we have to do that I am here for one reason and one reason only; to eliminate this cancer no matter what we have to do. If I have to go through shots, surgeries or whatever, let's do it! No holds barred! If I have to get 20 needles a day, chemo every day or tolerate nighttime hot flashes, then get started. A little temperature spike or fainting spell will not stop me. I have been in Kill or Be Killed situations before. I am the one still here. This is just another fight that I intend to win. There is treasure out there and I aim to get to it. I started this trip almost 9 years ago. That's a long time to be on the way to a find. It had better be worth it. :lol: :woohoo: No one can say I took the easy way. How long did Mel look for his treasure? A lot longer than that. And he lost a Son on the trip. I have also lost a son since starting this voyage. I just don't want anyone to think I am giving up. I don't have the investors and equipment that Mel had but I will never quit trying to find that treasure. No, I don't know where it is. I do know that I have several areas that I want to search. They say that if you find treasure the first trip out that you are poorer for the loss of being able to hunt with friends and enjoy all of the time aboard your boats searching. Okay, I have also already lost one boat. I will not lose this battle and I will get back out on the water even if it is in I.R. Baboon. Or in my land yacht with a pontoon boat behind it like I had before. Tell me this isn't a nice inshore setup.

Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20786

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ that is a great idea. I would love to see your sketches. I will build at least two of them (one for me, one for you). This is exactly what I need to work the gold bar site on the east coast. I will call you.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate