Welcome, Guest
(81 Viewing)  (81) Guest

TOPIC: Trench Art?

Trench Art? 1 year 6 months ago #18735

• Tonydawson
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Everybody,

Hi my name is Tony. I love looking for the old treasures, mainly with metal detector but I'm up for any treasure, antique, or anything old. There is nothing like un burying history. I have found some pretty interesting things. One I would like to post because I found it yesterday. I believe it to be trench art, but in the area were I found this I mainly find colonial era stuff. The best I can tell it is a small lead pipe. There is a pin hole in the stem. I was able to stick a broom bristle through the whole. If anybody has any info in helping me out I would greatly appreciate it. In one of the pictures you can see were this person cut the corners on the bottom to try and seal it up.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trench Art? 1 year 6 months ago #18737

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 179
Hi Tony. Welcome to TreasureWorks. Looks like a clay pipe to me.

Trench Art? 1 year 6 months ago #18738

• Tonydawson
  • Treasure Hobbyist
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there Salvor6. I took another picture to give it a size reference. Also in the picture we're the stem meets the bowl I tied to get my tool mark in it uncovering that white corrosion that gets on the lead from earlier times. I could have sent a better intro to the piece with better definition.
Attachments:
Moderators: Salvor6