Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(1617 Viewing)  (1616) Guest

TOPIC: Diving Belize

Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #506

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 400
We spent several months diving Belize and the reef. Awesome time. The wife did not like Tommygoffs and scorpions in the yard. But otherwise it was great. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #507

• wreckdiver
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 167
Belize is just next door to where I am living now, and I hope to get up there for some diving in the next couple of months. I hear many good things about Belize diving.

Tom
“Treasure – If it’s out there, we’re going to find it!” (Tommy Vawter)

Re: Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #529

• comfortably numb
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 16
Sounds like a great time.
"Does anyone know where the love of god goes, When the waves turn the minutes to hours"

Re: Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #534

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 109
Belize is on top of the list of places for Debbie and I to retire. As soon as we can afford it, I'd like to spend some time down there to get a feel for the country. Whitefeather, what can you tell us about the country and the diving?
Aquanut

Re: Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #580

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 400
B) Belize is great but don't forget that it is a third world country. What I last heard from a friend down there was that due to the economy theft was rampant. His house was stripped when he came stateside for a few weeks. The stress of surviving is mounting and people will do whatever is necessary to provide for their families. Belize City is hard core and not in good condition. I never had a problem when we were there with parking my convertible anywhere and walking any place we wanted to go. My friend says that now you don't dare go into some areas and you watch your car. Burrell Boom is where my friend's house is and we stayed there a lot during our trips. We borrowed his boat for a few weeks and traveled all over the reef and out islands. We met many people on the water and on many of the little islands and never had any sort of problem. Fishing and diving was great and we traveled all over Belize by car. Placencia, in the south, was very beautiful but the road to get there was dirt, full of potholes that could lose a bus and so dry that we had to keep the windows up with the A/C running to breathe. The Belize Zoo was a visit that I would say no one should miss. There is a wall there that you can sign for a few bucks. I saw lots of famous names on it. Harrison Ford and Dolly Parton seem to stick in my mind. There were hundreds.

The Myan ruins were awesome. We traveled up river with our dink almost to Guatamalla. One os the ruins was manned with soldiers to protect tourists from bandits crossing over from the Guatamalla side of the border. The trip to one of the ruins was especially fun. You had to drive onto a hand opperated raft to cross the Belize river, drive up a real steep dirt road and park. Then you had to climb another half mile to the ruins. But, it was really worth the trip. The view from the top of the ruins was really spectacular. You could see across the canopy for miles. The ruins were awesome and we were allowed to go inside the pyramid and other buildings. I believe it is off limits now. Back then it was allowed.

I'll see if I can find a few of the pictures from that trip and post them here. They may be on a backup disk because I have limited storage in this laptop. I'll post what I can find today and look for others. I can also email some to anyone interested in seeing some of Belize. Anyhow, here are what I can find this morning.

Okay, I can not figure out how to load more than one photo at a time so I'll post this and then edit it to add other photos. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Here we were driving the car across Mexico, an awesome trip. Then it was back to Belize again. JPG[/img] This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Launching into the Belize river. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it. This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by WhiteFeather.

Re: Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #581

• goodyguy
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
Wow great photos! Makes me wish I was there. Too bad I'm such a landlubber, I get seasick just from looking at a boat :blink:

Thank goodness for the Scopolamine patch! :lol:

GG~
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by goodyguy.

Re: Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #586

• aquanut
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 109
Thanks for the post Whitefeather! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Sherene soon.
Aquanut

Re: Diving Belize 8 years 6 months ago #667

• dirtdog
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
I can only imagine how awesome it would be to scuba dive in Belize. As someone said in another post. "you guys are living the dream" And I enjoy hearing about it so keep it up. :)
Moderators: Salvor6